GREATEST HITS

Queen Greatest Hits album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy QUEEN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1981

1. Bohemian Rhapsody (5:59)
2. Another One Bites The Dust (3:35)
3. Killer Queen (2:57)
4. Fat Bottomed Girls (4:16)
5. Bicycle Race (3:01)
6. You're My Best Friend (2:50)
7. Don't Stop Me Now (3:29)
8. Save Me (3:48)
9. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (2:44)
10. Somebody To Love (4:56)
11. Now I'm Here (4:10)
12. Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy (2:53)
13. Play The Game (3:30)
14. Flash (3:29)
15. Seven Seas Of Rhye (2:48)
16. We Will Rock You (2:01)
17. We Are The Champions (2:59)

Search QUEEN Greatest Hits lyrics

Search QUEEN Greatest Hits tabs

- Freddie Mercury / piano, vocals
- Brian May / guitars, piano, vocals
- Roger taylor / drums, vocals
- John deacon / bass

Thanks to tuxon for the addition

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN Greatest Hits Music

The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & IIIThe Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III
Box set
Greatest Video HitsGreatest Video Hits
Multiple Formats
Eagle Rock Ent 2012
DVD$10.19

queen, greatest hits I.II,III, 3 cd set, NEW, platinum collection, parl, 2000 USD $9.06 [9 bids]
(Sto.ck) CD Queen Greatest Hits USD $7.76 Buy It Now 3h 10m
*NEW* - Queen - Greatest Hits EAN0602527610399 USD $10.41 Buy It Now 3h 17m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS 1994 JAPAN CD OBI 2548yen TOCP USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS CD EARLY ISSUE NO BARCODE USD $2.57 [1 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits USD $5.16 [0 bids]
Queen ?- Greatest Hits USD $13.00 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Queen - Greatest Hits - 1, 2 and 3 (CD x 3 Boxset) USD $12.92 Buy It Now 7h 51m
QUEEN FOREVER SEALED SOMEBODY TO LOVE KILLS FREDDIE MERCURY GREATEST HITS BEST USD $7.75 [0 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits Japan SHM-CD UICY-15001 New 2011 OBI USD $32.99 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Greatest Hits [1992] by Queen (CD, Sep-1992, Hollywood) USD $12.69 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Queen Greatest Hits Queen Digital Master Series UK CD USD $3.87 [0 bids]
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS WITH INNER ~ 17 TRACK ALBUM EX USD $11.63 Buy It Now 10h 4m
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS II-RARE CROATIAN MUSIC CASSETTE '91 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10h 7m
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS I & II IN GOLD CARDBOARD OUTER SLIPCASE USD $14.22 [0 bids]
QUEEN - Greatest Hits II 15 Track KOREA rare CD USD $100.00 Buy It Now 10h 36m
Greatest Hits by Queen USD $0.50 [0 bids]
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS VOL.2-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 USD $26.99 Buy It Now 10h 42m
QUEEN: GREATEST HITS II (1991 CD RELEASE) USD $1.29 [0 bids]
Queen - Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits 1-3 [New CD] Boxed Set USD $16.77 Buy It Now 11h 3m
Queen - Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits 1-3 [New CD] Boxed Set USD $18.15 Buy It Now 11h 42m
ABBA - GOLD (2004 CD + DVD) DANCING QUEEN GREATEST HITS BEST USD $3.56 [0 bids]
QUEEN - Greatest Hits - CD Album (1994 Digital Master Series) Italy / Holland USD $5.16 [0 bids]
Japan No Obi 33rpm 12" Record / Queen / Greatest Hits / NM USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits Vinyl USD $3.87 [0 bids]
14h
Queen, Greatest Hits 1, cassette album tape USD $12.87 [0 bids]
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS VOL.2 -JAPAN SHM CD E50 USD $21.50 Buy It Now 16h 42m
ARETHA FRANKLIN "30 GREATEST HITS" CS TAPE SEALED ATLANTIC USA 1986 SOUL QUEEN USD $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 55m
Queen Greatest Hits I II & III The Platinum Collection 3 CD Set USD $23.01 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Queen : Greatest Hits I (2011 Remaster) CD (2011) MINT CONDITION USD $6.46 Buy It Now 17h 49m
QUEEN GREATEST HITS 1981 Original CASSETTE TAPE. TESTED USD $9.99 [1 bids]
New Queen Greatest Hits Japan CD Bonus Track USD $36.77 Buy It Now 19h 27m
BRIAN MAY - BACK TO THE LIGHT QUEEN - GREATEST HITS (2 CD LOT) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 20h
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS-UNIQUE YUGOSLAVIAN EDITION CASSETTE USD $15.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
Greatest Hits Ii - Queen Compact Disc USD $21.72 Buy It Now 22h 25m
Greatest Hits 1 (2011 Remaster) - Queen Compact Disc USD $25.73 Buy It Now 22h 25m
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $3.87 [0 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits Japan CD CP32-5381 USA Seller USD $24.00 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN-GREATEST HITS I-II & III- 3 CD METAL BOX 35/100 USD $835.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen Box Of Flix Greatest Hits Videos with Booklet USD $3.87 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits 2 QUEEN CD USD $33.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits 1 QUEEN CD USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits CDPCSD 141 CD 1994 Parlophone USD $9.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits II 17-TRACK CD USD $3.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen 2002 Greatest Hits Taiwan Limited Edition 35TRK Promo CD Booklet + Box VHS USD $199.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits - Queen CD 70VG USD $5.36 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits II (Cassette 1991) Excellent + condition USD $1.28 [0 bids]
Queen GREATEST HITS cd ELEKTRA JAPAN-U.S.1ST PRESS.** OFFICIAL ** (NON-target) USD $70.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen + Greatest Hits III (1999) CD Excellent Condition USD $6.46 Buy It Now 1 day
queen cd album greatest hits 3 USD $3.88 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits II by Queen (CD, Apr-2011, Hollywood) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen - Greatest Hits Vol.1 (2011) Remastered CD USD $3.87 [0 bids]
Best Greatest Hits 80's 3CD Erasure Queen Wham David Bowie Madness REM Blondie USD $5.81 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN GREATEST HITS "WE WILL ROCK YOU" EDITION. NEW SEALED CANADIAN CD. 2004. USD $38.81 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN GREATEST HITS ELEKTRA P-6480E Japan OBI Vinyl LP USD $6.29 [4 bids]
QUEEN - Greatest Hits (1981) - EMI CD - 17 TRACKS USD $3.22 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN GREATEST HITS ELEKTRA P-6480E Japan OBI Vinyl LP USD $7.50 [3 bids]
Queen, Greatest Hits, New Original recording remastered, I USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT 5 QUEEN CD magic-classic-greatest hits-innuendo USD $9.25 [5 bids]
Queen Greatest Hits Vinyl Lp Record VG Freddie Mercury Adam Lambert USD $15.50 [11 bids]
QUEEN GREATEST HITS II ORIGINAL PRESS UK CD MINT- 1991 USD $6.47 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits III (1999) USD $3.23 [0 bids]
QUEEN, GREATEST HITS, DOUBLE ALBUM, GATEFOLD, EMI RECORDS USD $2.85 [2 bids]
CD QUEEN GREATEST HITS USD $3.87 [0 bids]
CD QUEEN GREATEST HITS USD $3.87 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits by Queen (Vinyl, Nov-2016, 2 Discs, Universal) USD $27.89 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - Greatest Hits III (3) - CD Album *Best Of**Collection**Singles* USD $4.52 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN / GREATEST HITS - Japan LP FREDDIE MERCURY USD $7.05 [2 bids]
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS VOLUME 1 +2 (UK DOUBLE CD) USD $6.30 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits - Vinyl LP UK 1981 USD $23.22 [0 bids]
Queen .greatest hits .BTA 11843 .Balkanton.Bulgaria press USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN "Greatest Hits II" Parlophone CD "Long Play CD" USD $1.28 [0 bids]
The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III Box set Queen (Audio CD) RC USD $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen 'Greatest Hits Vol 2' UK LP USD $12.92 [0 bids]
QUEEN "Booklet" GREATEST HITS P6480E OBI LP Gk5113 USD $13.55 [4 bids]
QUEEN GREATEST HITS 1 & 2 TWO CD SET 1994 USA USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN Greatest hits BARBADOS PRESS LP EMTV30 USD $50.00 [0 bids]
QUEEN GREATEST HITS 1 , 2 & 3 3CD ALBUM SET EX/NM@@ USD $15.51 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS 1 (LP Vinyl) sealed USD $42.68 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN -Promotional 12" x 12" Card (Flat) Greatest Hits 3 (ideal for framing) USD $5.16 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection (CD, Aug-2014) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - JAPAN SACD SHM - Factory Sealed CD - UIGY-9533 USD $58.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen Greatest Hits 1 & 2 CD Set USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen Greatest Hits 2 Disk Set - HR-62042-2 USD $7.50 [0 bids]
NEW Queen - Greatest Hits (Audio CD) USD $11.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen 3 CD Box Set The Platinum Collection Greatest Hits I II USD $8.00 [2 bids]
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II - Japan Jewel Case SHM - CD 4988005643339 USD $46.11 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN - GREATEST HITS - JAPAN JEWEL CASE SHM - UICY-15001 USD $36.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen: Greatest Hits 1 & 2 CD Set: Brian May Freddie Mercury Fat Box Jewel Case USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN greatest hits RARE 12" LP MEXICO PRESS USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Greatest Hits [1992] by Queen (Cassette, Sep-1992, Hollywood) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEEN Greatest Hits II CD w/OBI 2011 Remastered RARE SEALED OOP Freddie Mercur USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen_Greatest Hits-Gramophone record vinyl USD $49.99 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD) Box set Queen USD $18.16 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen ?- Greatest Hits III (CD 1999) Embossed Case USD $2.57 [0 bids]
Queen ?- Greatest Hits III CD Album [Comp] 1999 EU USD $3.82 [0 bids]
Queen - Greatest Hits - Cassette Album UK 1992 USD $10.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Queen greatest hits ll vinyl record double album Freddie Mercury Brian May USD $38.81 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III Box set CD New Sealed USD $32.33 Buy It Now 2 days
QUEEN "GREATEST HITS" UNIQUE 12" GERMAN IMPORT...MINT VINYL... USD $12.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

QUEEN Greatest Hits ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(21%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

QUEEN Greatest Hits reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Single minded

Queen are one of the few bands listed in this site who have genuinely had a long run of "Greatest hits" in terms of singles success. This, the first of three Greatest Hits collections, gathers together 17 of their singles from the "Queen 2 " album, through to "The game" and the film soundtrack "Flash".

The track list pretty much selects itself, and all the songs will be entirely familiar to those who were around during their most successful years. The only semblance of order to the tracks is that they are presented with the casual shopper in mind, i.e. their best known songs are at the start and end of the album, with "Bohemian Rhapsody" being the first cab off the rank.

In prog terms, after the first track, there is nothing of any relevance here, any prog inclinations the band had being strictly confined to their albums. For those looking for the cream in terms of top quality pop though, this is an essential collection.

Review by memowakeman
3 stars A nice Greatest Hits album.

To be honest with you, today i was sweeping and cleaning my room, and putting my CD`s, tapes and Vynils in order, between my tapes (which i listen to in rare occasions) i found this legendary Greatest Hits album by the legendary band called Queen, so i put it on my stereo and enjoyed it, at the point that i decided to review it.

Being this a Greatest Hits album, i think is not neccessary to review song by song, first of all because it contains 17 songs, and because it wouldn`t help or not in your decision of buying it or not.

Queen has been a controversial band in this site, specially because we could cound with one hand fingers their prog albums, in fact their real prog songs are very few, so much people hated the decision of including them here, so much people supported it and were (are) thankful with it`s addition, the most progressive period was in the 70`s specially with albums like Queen II and A Night at the Opera, sadly we wont find some of that great songs here, but at least we will find the most reppresentative Queen`s songs in that era.

Starting with Bohemian Rhapsody which has become a worldwide hymn, and which in my opinion is the best song that Queen ever created, can makes us happy when we listen to it, im sure if you arent a fan of Queen, when this song finishes you might skip them, listen to a couple more and turn off the radio. What i mean is that this is a true Greatest Hits talking about rock pop and commercial things, Queen is a band loved all around the world, and not for it`s progressiveness, but for their several songs which has been placed in our memories.

"Another One Bites the Dust", "Bycicle Race", "Killer Queen", "Somebody to Love", "Play the Game" are my favorite songs, and actually are songs that i love and that i really enjoy when i listen to them, one thing of Queen`s songs is that the most of them are catchy songs, to sing loud and happy, the vocal harmonies is excellent, one of the best bands doing that, what more can i say, Mercury`s voice is unique and awesome, and musically nothing superb (maybe Bohemian Rhapsody) but very easy to listen.

A huge recommendation to any Queen fan, or not fans who like to remind those catchy and cool songs, but not recommendable to strict people who is looking for progressive rock, i like it so much, my grade will be 3 stars.

Review by clarke2001
3 stars This compilation, although of no significant importance for progressive rock world, is best selling album of all times in UK (according to the Official Charts Company, November 2006), beating The Beatles, Oasis, Dire Straits, ABBA, PINK FLOYD's "Dark Side Of The Moon", Michael Jackson and Madonna. It was sold in more than 5,400,000 copies.

So, what each one of these copies could possibly offer to a listener?

There are 17 greatest hits from first half of the QUEEN's career (1973-1981). However, the tracks differs from version to version, it's quite possible that American fan will notice the lack of "Keep Yourself Alive" and "Under Pressure", Japanese fan will probably wonder where "Teo Toriatte" is gone, Aussies will ask the same for the "Tie Your Mother Down" and so on. Some versions do not list "Another One Bites The Dust" or "Bohemian Rhapsody"!

In the world of the "ultimate collections", "the very bests" and "golden hits", I'm very glad that QUEEN didn't release loads and loads of compilations, actually, the number of their hit compilation is hilariously small if you compare them to any band of much smaller caliber.

There are only two consistent, official, well-known, "real" compilations in QUEEN's catalogue: "Greatest Hits" and "Greatest Hits II", the next one covering the rest of the band's career.

This compilation ( I will stick to the most common, UK release listed on this site) contains loads of good and enjoyable tunes, but not much from the progressive rock milieu. Of course, there are "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Bicycle Race", "Killer Queen", "Somebody To Love", "Good Old-fashioned Lover Boy" and "Flash", several song within or bordering progressive genre. The rest is high quality rock (and occasionally pop).

All of these were huge, successful hits, remaining on charts for days. Publisher's intention was not to make the compilation of Queen's most diverse, progressive or daring compositions, and indeed nobody can blame the publisher for that, certainly not in 1981. Emphasis is, of course, on money, therefor the most known and easy-accessible songs are here. But the major difference between QUEEN and the majority of other rock or pop bands lies in the fact that the guys from the band were able to write best-selling tunes of highest quality. For example, quite poppish "Bicycle Race" is not progressive song itself, but it contains probably the biggest number of changes in a musical (pop) piece, all packed in three minute format.

This compilation is a good starting point for a newbie. A die-hard fan will purchase this compilation because of completing the collection, and for the alternative take of "Flash" and different version of "Fat Bottomed Girls" as well. A fan of progressive rock should avoid this one, because it's not a good start from prog point of view. It's far better to get any of their unique albums.

Review by Chris S
3 stars This is one of those rare compilation albums that gets away with it. Excellent choice of tracks and if you wanted an all round release of their most commercial tracks this is highly recommended and won't let you down ( with the exception of ' Flash'). From ' Bohemian Rhapsody', ' Another One Bites The Dust', ' Your'e My Best Friend' to ' We Are The Champions', this compilation has all the commercial tracks you need. Good for spinning at parties! A worthy three star compilation.
Review by progrules
3 stars Well, I'm a bit hesitant reviewing this band because I believe Queen is plain pop, quite good of course and can be placed in prog related, I'm ok with that but still, it feels as if I'm suddenly a pop reviewer and I don't really like the idea. From their highlight period, the 70's and 80's I just have some singles (Now I'm here, Bohemian Rhapsody) and the two greatest hits compilations. That sais it all in fact because I don't want any more eventhough I could be missing out on a great album. But I will leave those for the fans. I'm very ambivalent about Queen, there are at best 10 songs I really love but there are more than 10 I can't stand or dislike. Therefore I will review their best of's and only with rating for the individual songs so at least one will know where I stand with Queen.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody: 3 stars. Of course a fantastic song but too much played on the radio over the years

2. Another one bites to dust: 2,25 stars. Original song, strong lyrics but not my cup of tea musicwise

3. Killer Queen: 2,75 stars. When it was a hit I liked it. From then on it faded away from me.

4. Fat bottomed girls: 2,5 stars. Hardly know this one. Not that interesting I guess.

5. Bicycle race: 2,25 stars. See comment second song (more or less).

6. You're my best friend: 3 stars. Likable track. But no more than nice.

7. Don't stop me now: 3,5 stars. One of my favourites. Real energetic.

8. Save me: 3 stars. Emotional song, but not too special

9. Crazy little thing called love: 1 star. Always hated this one, to me their worse ever.

10. Somebody to love: 3 stars. Another (even more) emotional track. Also heard it too often alas.

11. Now I'm here: 4,5 stars. Perhaps my all time favourite by this band. It really rocks brilliantly !

12. Good old fashioned lover boy: 2,5 stars. Was this a hit ? I can't remember, so not too special.

13. Play the game: 2,75 stars. One of their typical hit songs. Lyrics dominant here.

14. Flash: 3 stars. Like the title suggests. But not in the sense of dazzling or something like that.

15. Seven seas of Rhye: 2,5 stars. Can't say too much about this one either. Hardly interesting.

16. We will rock you: 2,5 stars. A classic of course but it got boring when footballclubs started using it.

17. We are the champions: 2 stars. That also goes for this one but even more !

This summing up can only lead to one conclusion. It deserves 3 stars. Rounded up from 2.68.

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars It is quite bizarre that this compilation reached such heights in the charts. It is the "Queen" best selling album from all time: almost thirty million copies of which over five in the UK only! It is the best selling UK album. Ever!

It holds one of the greatest songs of the band (from the rock history?) : "Rhapsody" of course.

But there are too many weak numbers here that shouldn't have been featured on this "Greatest Hits" like the poor "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" which reached only Nr. 17 in the UK charts. "Play The Game" highest chart position is a meagre Nr. 6 in Norway! And "You're My Best Friends" is surely not the best they have written.

But since the option was to exclude album only tracks, there won't be those lovely songs as "Great King Rat", or "Liar" (just to name two from their first and great effort), nor "Father To Son" or "Ogre Battle" (from their second one) and the fabulous "Brighton Rock" (from "Sheer") is therefore omitted as well.

Needless to say that their sports anthems are included (and which I don't dislike, on the contrary). To recap : I like ten songs out of seventeen which leaves seven tracks out of my taste. This compilation is oriented for those who prefers the pop orientation of the band. But still, some great rocking numbers are available as well : "Seven Seas Of Rhye" and the fantastic "Now, I'm Here".

Three stars. I would suggest to the ones who would like to investigate in this great rock band to get their first five albums. You'll get the essence of their excellent work. What came afterwards is anecdotal IMO.

Review by J-Man
3 stars This is a very good compilation. If you've read any of my other reviews of collections like this, I typically don't like them at all. This is an exception. I really like this album, and find myself listening to it a lot. That really is saying something because I typically don't like Queen. It seems like this takes the good parts out of their albums, and gets rid of the filler that seems to be on almost all of their albums. For newbies, and for people who generally don't like Queen, this is almost essential. If you're a fan there is no reason to buy this, so it does have limited appeal. One good thing about this album is that it doesn't just include songs like "We Will Rock You". It also includes the incredible "Bohemian Rhapsody" and a couple other great songs. Limited appeal, but a decent compilation.
Review by baz91
4 stars Queen's 'Greatest Hits' album is one of the finest compilations I know, and I would be very lost without it. Through this album, I have managed to bond with my non-progressive friends in a semi-progressive way. There's no denying that on more than a few of these songs, Queen show some very progressive tendencies, whilst keeping the music radio-friendly. I've always found it odd how so many people enjoy the intricacies of songs like Bohemian Rhapsody and Bicycle Race and yet balk at the mention of Yes or King Crimson. While there is certainly a difference between Queen and the classic prog bands, this difference is not quite as profound as many people may believe.

In general, Queen's songs are extremely light-hearted affairs, but rock hard and are extremely memorable. Many of the songs on this compilation show the group getting the mixture of these different factors just right, with the result being songs that will last for generations. Queen's 'Greatest Hits' is a perfect introduction to the legendary Queen.

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Oh, Greatest Hits part 1, the one that got me into Queen when I was 13. And as such, I have good memories on it. This + quality of songs here is why I'm giving

4(-) stars. After all, it's just compilation, but hell good one. Basically, you have all the good ones, the most famous songs here, starting with proggy Bohemian Rhapsody and ending with rocking tune. There's nothing bad about it, after all, we Prog lovers weren't the target audience for this one. It's consisted mostly of "middle era" - where they were leaving Prog, but not yet falling into terrible 80s, so that's why it's so good.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars Killer Queen tracks on one package!

This album is found in countless households and is really a good introduction to the band in all their glory. It is all of their singles and songs that every Queen fan must have heard at some point. Some of these songs have been played to death on the radio and on MTV so are rather tough to take these days but there is no denying the power of the music and Mercury's incredible vocal register.

It begins with bonafide classic monster 'Bohemian Rhapsody' that is an indispensable rock icon. 'Another One Bites The Dust' is certainly one of the masterpieces with amazing drum power and classy vocals. 'Killer Queen' takes us to the prog early years, but I am no fan of silly ''Fat Bottomed Girls'... the song that is. 'Bicycle Race' is a wonderful song and I have a soft spot for 'You're My Best Friend' with dynamic organ and harmonies.

Other highlights are definitely 'Play The Game', the fun rollicking 'Flash', prog excess in 'Seven Seas Of Rhye', quintessential 'We Will Rock You' and barnstormer 'We Are The Champions'.

Really, there is no excuse, this is as good as it gets for a collection of Queen and one for the newbie and indeed the Queen addict who wants all the masterpieces packed on one CD.

3 stars Not a bad introduction to Queen (it was mine). There's only a few bad songs on it, but it serves well to show Queen after they had only just gone commercial and were not yet terrible. Highlights are 'Seven Seas...', 'Bo Rhap' and 'Killer Queen'. If you like catchy, innoffensive, humourous anthem ... (read more)

Report this review (#165075) | Posted by burtonrulez | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Each of this songs are actually GREAT HITS that Queen had during their first years. I find not that surprising that This album has been announced to be the greatest selling album in the UK of all times.. why? because each of this songs are hyper famous. Now, talking in a more "objective" point ... (read more)

Report this review (#101007) | Posted by AcostaFulano | Wednesday, November 29, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars INHO Queen is just a very pompus rock band with a little prog elements here and there. This is thier first Greatest Hits compilation, of at least three if I'm not wrong. It starts of with their most well known song, Bohemian Rhapsody, whicch may be quite proggy. Another one bites the Dust is ... (read more)

Report this review (#47666) | Posted by Frasse | Wednesday, September 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Fabulous compilation album, it came in different guises over the years, some releases had a slightly different trak list (I know of one release where Under Pressure was added as 18th song, and there even is a version (Hollywood records I believe) that left out Bohemian Rhapsody in favour of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#47661) | Posted by tuxon | Wednesday, September 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "Greatest Hits"