DO NOT DISTURB

2. Alfa Berlina (6:39)
3. Room 1210 (6:47)
4. Forever Falling (5:37) *
5. Shikata Ga Nai (2:21) *
6. (Oh No, I Must Have Said) Yes (7:45)
7. Brought To Book (7:53)
8. Almost The Words (7:53)
9. Go (4:29)

* Not on LP

Total time 56:19

Search VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR Do Not Disturb lyrics

Search VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR Do Not Disturb tabs

- Peter Hammill / lead vocals, guitars, pianos
- Hugh Banton / organ, keyboards, bass, accordion, glockenspiel
- Guy Evans / drums, percussion

Artwork: Paul Ridout with Tamra Gray (photo)

LP Esoteric Antenna ‎- EANTLP 1062 (2016, UK)

CD Esoteric Antenna ‎- EANTCD 1062 (2016, UK) 2 bonus tracks and different running order

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR Do Not Disturb Music

Do Not DisturbDo Not Disturb
Esoteric Antenna 2016

VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR - Do Not Disturb - Vinyl (gatefold heavyweight vinyl LP) USD $27.06 Buy It Now 1h 25m
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR New Sealed 2017 DO NOT DISTURB 180 GM VINYL RECORD USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR - DO NOT DISTURB VINYL LP NEW+ USD $44.69 Buy It Now 4 days
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR-DO NOT DISTURB (180G) VINYL LP NEW USD $32.04 Buy It Now 10 days
Van Der Graaf Generator - Do Not Disturb (NEW 12" VINYL LP) USD $26.74 Buy It Now 10 days
Do Not Disturb - Van Der Graaf Generator 5013929476233 (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.23 Buy It Now 11 days
Van der Graaf Generator - Do Not Disturb [New CD] USD $16.23 Buy It Now 11 days
Van der Graaf Generator - Do Not Disturb [New CD] USD $18.13 Buy It Now 11 days
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR - DO NOT DISTURB CD NEW+ USD $24.86 Buy It Now 17 days
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR-DO NOT DISTURB (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.58 Buy It Now 19 days
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR-DO NOT DISTURB (180G) (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $24.12 Buy It Now 19 days
Van der Graaf Generator - Do Not Disturb [New Vinyl] Ltd Ed, 180 Gram USD $31.65 Buy It Now 19 days
Van der Graaf Generator - Do Not Disturb [New Vinyl] Ltd Ed, 180 Gram USD $31.78 Buy It Now 19 days
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR - DO NOT DISTURB - CD 2016 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 21 days
Do Not Disturb - Van Der Graaf Generator - Cd - New USD $23.14 Buy It Now 21 days
Do Not Disturb - Van Der Graaf Generator - Vinyl Lp - New USD $27.56 Buy It Now 23 days
Van Der Graaf Generator - Do Not Disturb (NEW CD) USD $14.32 Buy It Now 23 days
Do Not Disturb - Van Der Graaf Generator 5013929476219 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $29.65 Buy It Now 23 days
Van Der Graaf Generator Do Not Disturb (Ltd) (Ogv) vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $56.01 Buy It Now 23 days
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR - DO NOT DISTURB (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL USD $49.20 Buy It Now 24 days
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR - DO NOT DISTURB NEW CD USD $24.98 Buy It Now 24 days
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR-DO NOT DISTURB CD NEW USD $17.71 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR music online Buy VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR Do Not Disturb ratings distribution

VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR Do Not Disturb reviews

3 stars Is this VDGG's final act? I would be very surprised if this isn't their last studio album, especially with how reflective this album is and the lyrics seem to point to this. I think for me that's part of my faults with this record as it comes across almost like a dirge overall with the vocals being the focus much of the time. Some have said this is more like a Peter Hammill solo album which I can appreciate. On the final track "Go" Peter sings "Time to leave, close the door" and it ends with these final words "It's time to let go" and I have to say this is a sad record, it really is. Of course even the album's title and cover indicate retirement.

David Jackson is not here so they're a trio like on the last album. They have added a lot of complex passages despite how reflective this often is which is why I picked this up in the first place, I was curious. "Present" was their first comeback album and by far my favourite of this last period of the band. I also have to say that there's a line in the song "Alfa Berlina" that for me sums up why so many bands from the golden era fail to make anything close to what they did when they were young and those words are "But when I think about the way it was we were recklessly alive." That fire and passion of youth and just starting out can't be bottled or bought and it's rare, really rare to see in an older band.

"Aloft" and the next track are my two favourites. This starts out as one of those reflective songs as fragile vocals join the relaxed guitar and cymbal melody a minute in. A change though after 2 1/2 minutes as it picks up with organ, accordion, drums and vocals. A third theme arrives that's nastier and more passionate. That second theme is back at 4 1/2 minutes before the opening theme returns to end it at 6 1/2 minutes. An inventive tune. "Alfa Berlina" is experimental to start with lots of samples. Spoken vocals in atmosphere will take over before we get the main melody before 1 1/2 minutes. The lyrics are so meaningful. A change 4 minutes in as it turns experimental and sparse again and the spoken vocals return like earlier. Back to the main melody a minute later. "Room 1210" is mellow with piano, cymbals and reserved vocals. Accordion and drums join in as well. It kicks in before 1 1/2 minutes with a brighter mood. It continues to change though as it calms down after 3 1/2 minutes.

"Forever Falling" is one I can't get into. A catchy beat to start as the vocals join in. The vocals are faster paced 2 minutes in as is the punchy instrumental work. Back to that opening theme before 4 minutes to the end. "Shikata Ga Nai" is almost haunting, kind of exotic too while a chamber music vibe is felt in this dark piece. "(Oh No! I Must Have Said)Yes" is one I can't get into with that abrasive sound with heavy drums. It changes though to a surprising jazzy motif before 3 minutes but then this abrasive guitar starts to come and go over top that I don't like. "Brought To Book" is mellow with a beat, piano and reserved vocals. Organ and drums arrive as it picks up around 2 minutes, vocals too. Back to the opening theme a minute later then it kicks in to a higher gear but the tempo will continue to shift.

"Almost The Words" is a sad dirge-like tune with sad vocals, piano, percussion and atmosphere. A change at 4 1/2 minutes as fast paced keys and drums take over as multi-vocals come in over top. The organ kicks in before 6 1/2 minutes with prominent bass and drums. I want more of this last part because I feel that's what's missing here and these guys can deliver but I think it's more about the farewell. And speaking of farewell the final song is "Go" which opens with spacey organ and sounds before these fragile vocals join in around a minute.

A sad and reflective album that doesn't scratch that itch for me but it comes across as being a must-have considering the circumstances. For the music 3 stars for lyrics 4 stars.

5 stars I have been a VDGG fan for nearly a decade now and each time they do a release I wonder if it will be their last. My wife hates them, which has given me pause, mostly about my wife's taste and the either direct or indirect reflection of said taste in relation to my personal characteristics. Th ... (read more)

Report this review (#1634956) | Posted by UncleRust | Sunday, October 23, 2016 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I love Van Der Graaf Generator and feel they can do no wrong. With this new release, they try to make more complex musical arrangements. The newer music always sounds closer to Peter Hammill solo material than the signature sound established and solidified in the 70s. Maybe the lack of sax or su ... (read more)

Report this review (#1620455) | Posted by javajeff | Sunday, October 9, 2016 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A good album, but nothing spectacular. There are beautiful melodies and great moments here and there, but the album, as a whole, lacks force. The good old VDGG still this note here, with the creativity of harmonies, melodies, rhythmic session, complex times, elegant arrangements, beautiful lyrics. A ... (read more)

Report this review (#1617571) | Posted by desistindo | Saturday, October 1, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR "Do Not Disturb"