HAWAII

Aisles

Aisles Hawaii album cover

Buy AISLES Music
Studio Album, released in 2016

1. The Poet Part I: Dusk (10:06)
2. The Poet Part II: New World (4:18)
3. Year Zero (4:36)

- German Vergara / guitars
- Juan Pablo Gaete / keyboards
- Daniel Baird-Kerr / bass
- Felipe Candia / drums

2LP/CD Presagio Records (2016 Chile)
July 29, 2016

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to rivertree for the last updates

AISLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AISLES Hawaii Music

HawaiiHawaii
CD Baby 2016

Aisles-Hawaii CD NEW USD $21.74 Buy It Now 13 days
Aisles - Hawaii [New CD] USD $21.68 Buy It Now 16 days
Aisles - Hawaii [New CD] USD $25.86 Buy It Now 16 days
Hawaii - Aisles (CD Used Very Good) USD $19.68 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy AISLES music online Buy AISLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

AISLES Hawaii ratings distribution

AISLES Hawaii reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR PSIKE Team & Band Submissions
5 stars Well, already three albums in the back since 2005, the band knows how to make it big! Hence they decided to publish the shiny gem (and title track?) Club Hawaii as an initial appetizer, some weeks prior to the officially scheduled release date. The song features versatile vocal moves by Sebastian Vergara, where I was at first inclined to think of more than one lead singer in a row. Yeah, that surely will make you hungry for more!

In November 2015 they went to a local beach house, spent a week together, writing music the whole time. It must have been an amazing experience for them, with the final result of this successful double LP resp. CD. Obviously designed as a concept album "all the music was written with our hearts and minds, set on the idea of these human colonies - a small group of people who are able to preserve some of the heritage of mankind after earth is destroyed".

Mysterious business this, contradictive, so much lovely music dedicated to such a catastrophe? For example practically set into operation on Year One? Sorry, I know, I'm sure, this is placed as a warning to the human race, and all that is more than necessary, so much the more it's pointing to a direct duty. Hereby I really don't know what meaning the label 'Hawaii' bears for them, either within the current context, or even in a wider sense, since they already had a single named like this on their 2009 album 'In Sudden Walks'.

Okay, it's time to leave this highly speculative territory, while concentrating on the most significant, what we're able to hear. At first, the sound mix is out of the question, perfect! What also strikes overall are the fine (eclectic) touches due to the tricky implementation, which will unlock its potential after several rounds well and truly. In general, as this is offered like a concept album, it's recommended to listen in one go. Alternatively, if you will pick up some excerpts explicitly, this won't evoke a problem neither.

Just por ejemplo to notice the terrific CH-7, I'm really flabbergasted! Twelve and a half minutes of real beauty! However, this is also accurate regarding the whole production in principle. And so, consequently, AISLES are another strong contender for a 2016 Prog Award of course. Issued via Presagio Records 'Hawaii' is a very entertaining blend of neo and art rock, which I would mark as a real breakthrough, at least their best (so far) with ease. 4.5 stars, with conceivable tendency to a masterpiece ... time will tell.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Aisles is again on the map of art/progressive rock scene with their forth album, a double CD issued this year 2016 named Hawaii. Another worthy release from this chilean band who delivers only the good things here even quite slowly because this album was released after 3 Sears from previous offer. Art rock with progressive rock elements thrown is to be found here, melodic arrangements, nice warm vocals, Vergara brothers are quite great not only here but aswell on previous albums. The passages are emotive and well compose higlighted by CH-7 very nice piece with top notch passages, another intrestig one is The Poet part I and II. As I said the music is well crafted, elegant interludes between musicians bordering neo prog in parts but with a good doze of art rock elements added, no unnecessary noodlings here for the sake of it, melodic and pleasent melodies. Definetly another good album comming from Chile, Aisles is for sure one of the most talented bands ever from South America who needing a wider recognition, they are now a mature band for sure. A special mention is for the art work and whole package, absolutly great, digipak format. I personaly like a lot this band for some years now and because this is another well produced , played and performed release, Hawaii deserves 3 solid stars rounded to 3.5, a good one.
Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars So here it is Hawaii (2016), the new Aisles album. Aisles is a band from Chile and Hawaii is their fourth album and it was released by their own label Presagio.

In their debut album The Yearning (2005) the band was pretty much shooting its bullets to every side, that album was lacking unity. In Sudden Walks (2009) they corrected that, finding their way. On their third effort 4:45 AM (2013) they left their Neo Prog influence behind and a new sound emerged. So, what about their new effort?

Hawaii (2016) is a double concept album inspired on a post apocalyptic world where human colonies were established in space after the destruction of Earth. But before the extinction of the planet Earth a project was initiated to make sure human race would survive. And this my friends is where Hawaii (2016) takes us in its almost 82 minutes: a sci-fi Prog adventure.

It is important to follow the lyrics and it's a delight to do that because the Digipak in which Hawaii (2016) is encased is just beautiful! Also, vocals are a very important part in Aisles' music so that's one more reason to follow the lyrics with attention.

Musically speaking, Aisles has grown a bit more since their last album 4:45 AM (2013) (the first with their new lineup) and although you can find many great and interesting instrumental passages (like in the opening duo 'The Poet', 'Upside Down') the melody is what strikes you. Hawaii (2016) is all about melody and the moods one can create with it. Sebastián Vergara pulls double duty in many moments where he lays different vocal tracks to create melodies.

Like with many of its contemporaries, Aisles bet on the electronic side of the Modern Prog in some moments (like 'Year Zero', 'Upside Down' or 'CH-7'), but always focusing on melody. But my favorite tracks on the album, however, have to be 'Terra' with its acoustic and melancholic mood and 'Pale Blue Dot' with its melodic Prog feeling (in a way, the 'old' Aisles sound). 'Still Alive' has that same 'old Aisles' feeling and it's a very good track. 'Club Hawaii' has a voice intro that could have been used more throughout the album and it's one of the few that really sounds like a Neo Prog song.

All in all Hawaii (2016) is a very solid effort from this talented Chilean band. And it was deserved that they just got back from an European tour, one of the few South American Prog bands to be able to do that. Of course it may be a daunting task to sit through all of the 82 minutes in one sitting and if your favorite kind of Prog is not the melodic you may find yourself asking 'why?', but if that's your sound you're going to find many moments for your ears pleasure.

I believe that if you're fan of bands like A.C.T (for its melody) or Ayreon (for its concept) you should definitely give this album a spin, I would do that if I haven't already.

3.5 stars

Review by Angelo
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
5 stars First time I heard Aisles was on their dark concept album 4:45AM. With Hawaii, they deliver another 80 minute concept album, about a group of human colonies surviving after the earth is destroyed. Musically it's a very interesting mix of melodic symphonic rock, transferring the sound of the 70s and 80s to a 21st century sound. There is no lack of musicianship in this band, and Angel is one of the best vocalists I know. Highlights for me: jazz rock infused The Poet, and the wonderful, very melodic, symphonic rock pieces CH-7 and Pale Blue Dot. Progressive Rock lives in Chile.

Post a review of AISLES "Hawaii"