HERE IS WHERE WE USED TO SING

Buy FOVEA HEX Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Far From Here (4:01)
2. Play Another (4:23)
3. Falling Things (Where Does a Girl Begin?) (5:15)
4. Every Evening (4:01)
5. Brisance, My Baby (2:07)
6. A Hymn to Sulphur (6:05)
7. Love for the Uncertain (2:21)
8. Jewelled Eyes (2:00)

- Brian Eno / various
- Colin Potter / various

Janet - JRDS004A

Thanks to historian9 for the addition

FOVEA HEX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FOVEA HEX Here Is Where We Used to Sing Music

Here Is Where We Used to Sing / Three BeamsHere Is Where We Used to Sing / Three Beams
Janet
Audio CD$30.00 (used)

More places to buy FOVEA HEX music online Buy FOVEA HEX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

FOVEA HEX Here Is Where We Used to Sing ratings distribution

FOVEA HEX Here Is Where We Used to Sing reviews

Review by admireArt
4 stars HERE IS WHERE WE USED TO SING

So as I mentioned in my Fovea Hex last review, this is not progressive electronic music as such. So Berlin School expectants, this is even less P/E than their previous compilation.

That established let me make some references to what to expect in this "HERE IS WHERE WE USED TO SING", 2010, release.

The characteristical melancholy of Irish music floats through the air, the ethereal quality of acoustic instruments is ever present and emphasized, so expect remarkable cello playing by the great Julia Kent (honorable guest in this effort) as John Contreras also on cello, alongside founder member Clodagh Simonds' piano and vocals with Cora Venus Lunny's violin threading bright and obcure ambients crossed between female singing and choruses, detailed by the again present Brian Eno and Colin Potter, accompanied here and there with Fabrizio Modonese Palumbo's guitar and Marco Schiavo's drums and percussions.

As far as making some kind of musical comparison I will think of Loreena McKennitt but stripped down to less baroque terms, a much less sugarly coated Enya, tainted with the detached, obscure and sad atmospheres of "Love Is Colder Than Death" or "Black Tape for a Blue Girl" or the closer to prog "No Man" and the ever present "This Mortal Coil's" mutability of personnel and "darkness" in musical language and intention.

****4 PA stars.

Post a review of FOVEA HEX "Here Is Where We Used to Sing"