THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner Of Me Eye (3:37)
3. Watcha Gonna Tell Me (4:48)
4. Piano Player (5:24)
5. Make Yourself At Home (3:26)
6. Golden Mile (3:12)
7. Bright Shiny Day (6:17)
8. Clear Blue Sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' Up The Fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (Single version, A-Side) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (Single B-Side) (6:24)

Search CARAVAN The Album lyrics

Search CARAVAN The Album tabs

- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards (piano, electric piano, organ, synth)
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Richard Coughlan / drums

LP Kingdom Records - KVL 9003 (1980, UK)

CD Kingdom Records ‎- CDKVL 9003 (1991, UK)
CD Eclectic Discs ‎- ECLCD 1011 (2004, UK) Remastered by Paschal Byrne w/ 2 bonus tracks and different cover art

and to Quinino for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

The AlbumThe Album
Remastered · Import
Eclectic Discs 2004
Caravan - The Album - Kingdom Records - INT 147.800 (KVL 9003)Caravan - The Album - Kingdom Records - INT 147.800 (KVL 9003)
Kingdom Records
Vinyl$147.00 (used)
SHOW OF OUR LIVES LP (VINYL ALBUM) UK DECCA 1981SHOW OF OUR LIVES LP (VINYL ALBUM) UK DECCA 1981
Decca
Vinyl$9.99 (used)
AlbumAlbum
Kingdom 1998
Audio CD$89.95 (used)
First AlbumFirst Album
Htd

Earl Hines Earl's Backroom And Cozy's Caravan vinyl LP album record UK AFF167 USD $17.82 Buy It Now
Relief vinyl LP album record Split LP German NUMBER003 HOMTOWN CARAVAN USD $17.17 Buy It Now
The Best of Caravan "Live" - Japan Mini LP SHM CD UICY-94333 USD $59.99 Buy It Now
Caravan Cunning Stunts UK vinyl LP album record SKL-R5210 DECCA 1975 USD $36.99 Buy It Now
Waterloo Lily - 2nd Caravan vinyl LP album record UK SDL-R8 DERAM USD $132.82 Buy It Now
Caravan & The New Symphonia Caravan UK vinyl LP album record SML-R1110 DERAM USD $36.99 Buy It Now
Caravan Caravan vinyl LP album record UK 2353058 MGM 1972 USD $49.77 Buy It Now
Caravan Caravan & The New Symphonia Japanese vinyl LP album record SLC815 USD $68.93 Buy It Now
Caravan Caravan and The New Symphonia Japanese vinyl LP album record K16P-9062 USD $54.88 Buy It Now
CARAVAN - AMERICAN ANTARAI 1976 THAILAND FOLK PROTEST GF-MINI-JACKET #'D SLD CD USD $17.95 Buy It Now 34m 42s
Caravan - Land of Grey & Pink [New CD] Germany - Import USD $8.02 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE VINTAGE CARAVAN Voyage CD Digipack USD $7.19 Buy It Now 1h 38m
?? DUKE ELLINGTON Caravan TOP Album! NIP USD $11.75 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Caravan TSUYOSHI TRIO YAMAMOTO CD USD $29.47 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Caravan - Land of Grey & Pink [New CD] Germany - Import USD $7.96 Buy It Now 5h 13m
CARAVAN, double CD mp3, 16 albums Rock Special Edition USD $25.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
KRONOS Caravan RARE U.S. Advance PROMO CD Kronos Quartet 2000 NEW USD $3.95 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Caravan Palace - Panic (Digi Pack + Bonus Tracks) (NEW CD) USD $12.76 Buy It Now 9h
Peter Ulrich Collaboration ?- The Painted Caravan CD. EX+ Dead Can Dance USD $1.26 [0 bids]
Duke Ellington Greatest Hits inc Mood Indigo & Caravan + Cassette Tape - TESTED USD $8.93 Buy It Now 12h 6m
Al Aarons and the LA Jazz Caravan (CD, 1995, LA Jazz) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED USD $20.95 Buy It Now 12h 37m
DAVE SINCLAIR Moon Over Man 30th Ann CD NEW PROG 2006/Caravan/Camel/Polite Force USD $5.10 Buy It Now 13h 13m
Issac Douglas and the John Howard Gospel Caravan Gospel LP Album USD $4.50 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Ina Forsman, Layla Zoe, Tasha Taylor - Blues Caravan 2016 [New CD] With DVD USD $16.48 Buy It Now 15h 16m
CARAVAN LAND OF GREY & PINK JAPAN REPLICA 7 OBI CD LIMITED EDITION RARE BOX SET USD $467.49 Buy It Now 15h 44m
Caravan - Travelling Man CD compilation 1998 Mooncrest Records U.K. Like New USD $4.95 Buy It Now 16h 56m
Ina Forsman, Layla Zoe, Tasha Taylor - Blues Caravan 2016 [New CD] With DVD USD $21.33 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Dreamwheel Ep - Spirit Caravan (CD Used Very Good) Out Of Print Stoer Rock Wino USD $14.00 Buy It Now 17h 31m
Freedom by Albertina Walker & the Caravans (CD, Jun-1996, Jewel) USD $7.59 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Caravan-The Album-Near Mint Lp Vinyl Record-Kingdom Records-KVL 9003 USD $6.73 [0 bids]
USD $12.04 Buy It Now
The Gypsy Jazz Caravan - Sinister Amusement [New CD] USD $16.79 Buy It Now 20h 14m
The Gypsy Jazz Caravan - Sinister Amusement [New CD] USD $21.29 Buy It Now 20h 48m
Caravan of Faith - My Father's Love [New CD] USD $30.06 Buy It Now 21h 8m
Caravans. Film Soundtrack. Compact Disc. 1978. Mike Batt. Made In Australia USD $11.39 Buy It Now 21h 17m
Peter Ulrich, Peter Ulrich Collaboration - Painted Caravan [New CD] USD $11.68 Buy It Now 22h 4m
2014 CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night JAPAN MINI LP SHM SACD USD $52.80 Buy It Now 22h 42m
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night UICY-94330 CD JAPAN 2010 NEW USD $147.22 Buy It Now 23h 6m
GARDEN - ROUND & AND ROUND CD Static Caravan ?- VAN 113 Lord Skywave Simon Lord USD $4.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan-Unauthorised Breakfast Item (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.78 Buy It Now 1 day
The Gypsy Jazz Caravan-Pour Les Zazous CD NEW USD $14.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Mini LP CD In The Land Of Grey And Pink - Prog Psych Japanese UICY-9058 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN SHM-CD BONUS TRACK D50 USD $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN BETTER BY FAR CASSETTE USD $11.49 Buy It Now 1 day
THE VANAVER CARAVAN Pastures Of Plenty Songs Of Woody Guthrie CD SUPERB C'TION USD $8.92 [0 bids]
CARAVAN OF LIGHT FIRE Incantation CD & Initiation DVD Electro Tribal Ambient USD $12.75 [0 bids]
Jazz Caravan by Duke Ellington (CD, Oct-2002, Bluebird RCA (USA)) USD $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
E6-65 Vinyl Record Album 45 Gospel The Caravans God Can Do Anything Comfort Me! USD $28.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN In The Land Of Grey And Pink UICY-94328 CD JAPAN 2009 NEW USD $157.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ART BLAKEY & THE JAZZ MESSENGERS Caravan UCCO 9494 CD JAPAN 2008 NEW USD $412.70 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN - A NIGHT'S TALE CD NEW+ USD $21.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MONTE MONTGOMERY - LIVE AT THE CARAVAN OF DREAMS 2 CD NEW+ USD $25.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan In The Land Of Grey And Pink 2001 CD Album Jazz Rock USD $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump in Night [New CD] Rmst USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - Cunning Stunts [New CD] USD $7.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Robin Trower Caravan to Midnight Vinyl Record Album LP 1978 Promo VG CHR 1189 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump in Night [New CD] Rmst USD $8.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - Cunning Stunts [New CD] USD $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
National Health "Dreams Wide Awake" 1978 (2CD) NEW (Caravan) USD $9.11 [0 bids]
USD $13.66 Buy It Now
Caravan - Wander Around - Japan CD+DVD - NEW J-POP USD $18.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN | remastered and expanded "In The Land Of Grey And Pink" CD +5 bonus USD $5.10 [0 bids]
CARAVANS Treasures and Trash CD - psychobilly rockabilly NEW USD $12.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan / Corigliano - Single Reed Expressions: A Clarinet & Sax Recital Vol. 4 USD $11.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan / Muczynski - Single Reed Expressions: A Clarinet & Sax Recital Vol. 5 [ USD $11.22 Buy It Now 2 days
CARAVAN SELF TITLED CD WITH BONUS TRACK VERVE FORECAST 2002 FAST DISPATCH USD $7.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan / Corigliano - Single Reed Expressions: A Clarinet & Sax Recital Vol. 4 USD $9.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan / Muczynski - Single Reed Expressions: A Clarinet & Sax Recital Vol. 5 [ USD $9.56 Buy It Now 2 days
EDDIE LAYTON AT THE HAMMOND ORGAN CARAVAN MERCURY WING RECORD ALBUM USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Erroll Garner CL 535 VINTAGE vinyl Jazz Record album LP Caravan Avalon Memories USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Robin Trower Caravan to Midnight LP Album Vinyl 12" 1978 Chrysalis Mint (M) USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Wynton Marsalis - Standard Time Volume 1 CD -1987 (Inc Caravan/April In Paris) USD $4.02 Buy It Now 2 days
ART BLAKEY - CARAVAN (KEEPNEWS COLLECTION) CD NEW+ USD $16.06 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan Go - Moving Still EP [New CD] USD $12.01 Buy It Now 2 days
INSPIRAL CARPETS Caravan EP CD 1991 UK Import Pop Rock USD $2.41 Buy It Now 2 days
The Vintage Caravan - Arrival (Mega Scarce LIGHT BLUE Vinyl Album) USD $12.78 [1 bids]
Caravan BBC Live Concert USD $11.01 Buy It Now 2 days
BERKLAND Caravan 1989 JAPAN CD album USD $13.60 Buy It Now 2 days
El Coco . Brazil Caravan Import CD Remastered USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Buddy Rich SEVEN (7) CLASSIC ALBUMS VOL 2 In Miami BLUES CARAVAN New Sealed 4 CD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CARAVAN PALACE - ROBOT (CD) Sealed USD $16.60 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan Of Dreams - Peter White (CD 1996) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan Of Dreams - Peter White (CD 1996) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Orig 1978 Robin Trower LP Record Album Caravan To Midnight CHR1189 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Deborah Coleman - Blues Caravan: Guitars & Feathers [New CD] USD $14.83 Buy It Now 2 days
Completely Locked In - Norbert R&B Caravan Schneider 912002205009 (CD Used Good) USD $5.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Kazeuta Caravan - Naoto Inti Raymi 4988005704559 (CD Used Good) USD $6.51 Buy It Now 2 days
BIG EYES FAMILY PLAYERS AND FRIENDS Folk Songs Ii CD European Static Caravan USD $6.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Crestliners - Let's Do It Again *Hurt Me* Caravan [Demo] Cassette Tape VG! #CT38 USD $10.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan-Live in Concert at Metropolis Studios Londo (UK IMPORT) CD with DVD NEW USD $9.84 Buy It Now 2 days
CARAVAN All Over You PCCY-00972 JAPAN CD w/OBI 206az62 USD $11.24 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVANS-CD-OROGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE-14 TRACKS-AUSTRALIA (MIKE BATT) USD $7.58 Buy It Now 3 days
Elvenking - Two Tragedy Poets (...and a Caravan of Weird Figures) (Cd,2008) USD $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Bertha Coolidge Live At Caravan Of Dreams, 2001 Jazz Funk CD Signed Autograph USD $29.60 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan Palace - Aftermath / Mighty Feat. Jfth: Extended Version [New Vinyl] 10" USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan Palace - Aftermath / Mighty Feat. Jfth: Extended Version [New Vinyl] 10" USD $13.38 Buy It Now 3 days
Arrival by The Vintage Caravan (CD, May-2015, Nuclear Blast) USD $7.58 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN- TRAVELING MAN USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Caravan If I Could Do It All Over Again... / Hello Hello France Import 45 W/PS USD $25.49 Buy It Now 3 days
CD Album: Caravan : If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You USD $23.43 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN - BACK TO FRONT * 1992* RARE !! JAPAN PRESS !! JIMCO USD $89.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN The Album LP Canterbury Rock - U.K. Press on Kingdom Records USD $7.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.
Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. Itīs been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. Itīs be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didnīt say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. Thereīs even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesnīt sound like UB40). Thatīs a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and itīs rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and itīs hard not to get the thought that they really didnīt have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.
Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Neo Teams
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 6, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 2, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"