WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

The Beatles Vinyl 45 Singles Hits, Hello Goodbye Walrus Hey Jude Revolution USD $7.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.87 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $23.97 Buy It Now 6h 8m
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $37.77 Buy It Now 10h 20m
The Beatles 7" Single - I Am The Walrus + Hello Goodbye USD $1.39 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS /// HELLO GOODBYE - 1967 7" 45rpm on CAPITOL 2056 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Carl de Suze Reading Elephant Child, Walrus, Snark, Jabberwocky lp, RARE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $11.99 Buy It Now 17h 16m
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $8.38 Buy It Now 19h 28m
Beatles : Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 19h 30m
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am theWalrus (John wanted his 'Walrus' as A-side) USD $14.23 [0 bids]
USD $20.56 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS 1967 GERMANY Odeon 7" PS EX+/MINT- copy !!! USD $58.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus 1996 by Oasis USD $23.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 7" Hello Goodbye/ I am the walrus with USA Capitol Orig. sleeve USD $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES MAKING MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FILM SB BOOK TONY BARROW 60S WALRUS 1967 USD $41.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE 7" 45 RPM VG++/VG USD $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.61 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - 45 RPM - I Am The Walrus - Hello Goodbye USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.94 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.98 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $20.84 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.94 Buy It Now 1 day
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.39 Buy It Now 1 day
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 45 - US PROMO USD $10.88 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 WEST MALLING AIR STATION I AM THE WALRUS PROMO . P3 USD $9.78 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $22.10 Buy It Now 2 days
CD-WALRUS SAME 1970 Deram/UK Progressive Rock PSYCH USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles. Record Label Sticker. Parlophone. Apple. USD $2.80 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Picture Disc 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 20th Anniversary USD $48.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson... USD $10.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Oasis -Cigarettes & Alcohol /I Am The Walrus RARE 7"vinyl jukebox single CRE190d USD $48.91 Buy It Now 3 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $16.79 [0 bids]
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $17.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $17.94 Buy It Now 3 days
1951 GOLDEN RECORD & SLEEVE 6" , RD21, DISNEY, WALRUS AND THE CARPENTER 78 RPM USD $9.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES X 3 SINGLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - WORK IT OUT - I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.78 [0 bids]
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE USD $1.39 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus ITALY (COVER) HOLLAND (VINYL) VG/VG+ USD $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES "Hello Goodby/I Am The Walrus" 45 Plus Picture Sleeve USD $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL WITH S/M T-SHIRT SEALED USD $20.00 [0 bids]
USD $35.00 Buy It Now
Walrus - Walrus MINI LP CD s/t self titled 1970 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CHILL FACTION Eggman On The Deuce 12" SINGLE EP SEALED Beatles I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Boogie Woogie 45 - Walrus - Bakersfield Boogie Boy - 1973 USD $1.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $67.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $7.75 Buy It Now 4 days
The BEATLES 1968 ORIGINAL PICTURE SLEEVE/45 "Hello Goodbye"/"Walrus"CAPITOL 2056 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 RARE LABEl IMPORT R.5655 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - S/T 1972 Janus 1st Ed. psych LP USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS usa apple 2056 7" single USD $27.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES-hello goodbye/i am the walrus/45 picture SLEEVE - VINTAGE USD $24.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Barry White The Collection Love Unlimited Orchestra CD 1988 The Walrus Of Love! USD $5.53 Buy It Now 5 days
Uncovered 2013 by The Walrus USD $6.05 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 5 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $2.86 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS JAPAN CD UICY-93830 2008 OBI USD $45.92 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 5 days
MEGA RARE THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE SINGAPORE VINYL 45 R5655 GREAT AUDIO WALRUS USD $34.97 [0 bids]
Oasis - Masterplan CD incl. Half The World Away, I Am The Walrus (Live) USD $4.18 [0 bids]
Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus- The Beatles- 45RPM- Capitol Records- #2056 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS PS & RECORD 45 RPM RECORD USD $55.86 Buy It Now 5 days
CRACK THE SKY: I Am The Walrus / Long Version 12 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES I am the walrus/hello goodbye PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $17.42 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - Fissure - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $14.76 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $97.94 Buy It Now 5 days
VINYL LP RECORD BARRY WHITE ANOTHER WAY TO SAY I LOVE YOU WALRUS FRAME SOUL DISC USD $9.78 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus on Capitol 45 With Picture Sleeve USD $5.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Parlophone 45 RPM USD $53.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus custom Capitol picture sleeve USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $23.08 Buy It Now 6 days
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD white/yellow vinyl UNPLAYED USD $24.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - EU Picture Sleeve 45 rpm PS 7" USD $26.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus Music [CD] USD $16.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Neon Walrus by Neon Walrus USD $11.89 Buy It Now 7 days
the beatles hello goodbye- i am a walrus. parlophone r 5655 USD $5.46 [0 bids]
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12" Pelican Isis Torche vinyl LP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS Walrus MINI LP CD USD $12.87 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS Self-Titled Psychedelic Rock LP Record - Vinyl in NM USD $33.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED FIGURES WALRUS BAND BEATLES + BACKING CARD FAB USD $90.94 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES -Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Rare UK 7" Picture Disc Vinyl Record USD $61.56 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 WEST MALLING AIR STATION I AM THE WALRUS PROMO V24 USD $9.78 Buy It Now 8 days
IRON WALRUS - A BEAST WITHIN CD NEW+ USD $26.91 Buy It Now 8 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 With Picture Sleeve 400 Yen USD $34.99 Buy It Now 8 days
CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 1978 NEW WAVE AOR 7" Beatles USD $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR~NM-/NM- ORIG 1976 UK PARLOPHONE~2 EMI~WALRUS SCRIPT USD $50.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Little Lead Soldiers - The Beatles 'Walrus Band' 60mm Figure Set - Memorabilia USD $104.95 Buy It Now 8 days
IRON WALRUS - A BEAST WITHIN (LP) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $29.70 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus RECONSTRUCTED TRACKS CD unused new USD $14.00 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others Ive seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"