WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

Ravensbourne
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (UK, 20th anniversary picture dis USD $25.00 Buy It Now
WALRUS same CD ss UK 70s prog psych rock bonus song L@@K USD $19.02 Buy It Now 4h 14m
SEALED The Beatles The Alternate Rubber Soul Walrus 041 CD digi-pak USD $9.99 [1 bids]
7h
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $5.16 Buy It Now 9h 58m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus Italian 7" Parlophon MISPRESSED COVER USD $155.00 Buy It Now 11h 55m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great picture sleeve ! USD $38.00 Buy It Now 12h 6m
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 12h 6m
45 RPM The Beatles CAPITOL Hello Goodbye- I AM The Walrus RE VG USD $3.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $9.04 Buy It Now 14h 13m
The Beatles 45 r.p.m. I am a Walrus/ Hello Goodbye USD $4.53 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello goodbye / I am the walrus Decca contract press -1 matrix EX USD $9.04 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 21h 36m
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 22h 22m
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 22h 28m
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour - 2XEP Vinyl 7" 45RPM - I Am The Walrus USD $40.00 Buy It Now 23h
Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Parlophone reissue P/S USD $1.94 [0 bids]
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $10.97 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" 45rpm Capitol Records 2056-1967 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE PIC SLEEVE Capitol Swirl 2056 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" b/w "HELLO GOODBYE" 45 RPM. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
L@@K THE BEATLES HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT PRESS VG+ USD $3.22 [0 bids]
BEATLES 1967 I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOOD BYE CAPITOL 2056 45RPM VG++ EXCELLENT USD $27.96 Buy It Now 1 day
HELLO GOODBYE, I AM THE WALRUS, THE BEATLES ,LENNON, MCCARTNEY 45 RPM VINYL 7" USD $12.64 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS " R 5655 USD $9.70 [0 bids]
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 1 day
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $3.58 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS WALRUS YMCC-1005 CD JAPAN USD $95.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $14.97 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 45 Capitol USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $8.50 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS RARE DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING 1967 USD $19.34 Buy It Now 2 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $72.63 Buy It Now 2 days
CRACK THE SKY: I Am The Walrus / Long Version 12 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.72 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.46 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS DYED TECN-12632 CD JAPAN USD $52.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $90.55 Buy It Now 2 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White 2 CD album (Double CD) Dutch WHITE213 USD $21.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Empathy For The Walrus by Randy Jackson CD NEW USD $11.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Sealed Original Gatefold Psych Rock LP : Walrus ~Everyone Deserves A Fat Chance USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 1967 Original issue . TV CREDIT USD $7.75 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $77.61 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL US Capitol 1988 B/W I Am The Walrus (2056) USD $8.78 Buy It Now 3 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.06 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.72 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $19.26 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 7"Vinyl Single 45rpm Record NM USD $12.68 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS D-tecnoLife (Bleach Intro Theme) TECN-12673 CD JAPAN OBI USD $63.15 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $11.58 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $15.46 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $18.05 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $20.64 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $25.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12" Pelican Isis Torche vinyl LP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SANDO, For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) / same (promo) 45rpm USD $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye /Iam the walrus 45 from Japan or1838 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $27.00 Buy It Now
SANDO 45 - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON)/ INSTRUMENTAL USD $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single USD $11.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth I am the walrus - 1971 Island Maxigold Holland USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE-CAPITOL RECORDS-2056-c1967-45 RPM USD $33.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE-CAPITOL RECORDS-2056-c1967-45 RPM USD $29.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am The Walrus 7" Vinyl Re-Issue with T-shirt NIB USD $56.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD yellow/green vinyl UNPLAYED USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Oasis - Wonderwall - US 5 Track CD - Round Are Way, Talk Tonight I Am The Walrus USD $19.41 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ?- Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (7") (F-G/NM) USD $10.34 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ?- Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (7") (G-/NM) USD $10.34 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ?- Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (7") (G-/NM) USD $11.63 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE c/w I AM THE WALRUS RARE DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING 1967 USD $19.34 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles ?- Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" single, French pressing USD $16.82 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 Import With Picture Sleeve USD $29.74 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES:Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" Vinyl Single 1967 45rpm Parlophone USD $9.70 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Vinyl 45 w/Picture Sleeve USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles, Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - Walrus [New CD] Shm CD, Japan - Import USD $32.17 Buy It Now 5 days
Sando - For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) USA 45 Without Picture Sleeve USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM The Beatles - I Am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye 2056 CAPITOL USD $3.99 [0 bids]
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - JACKSON RANDY USD $16.48 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - 1st pressing "Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus" Capitol Canada USD $10.24 Buy It Now 5 days
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus 1996 by Oasis USD $86.94 Buy It Now 5 days
OASIS -Cigarettes and Alcohol/I am The Walrus Live/Listen Up/Fade Away CD Single USD $1.28 [0 bids]
The Beatles "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS". Northern Songs, Sweden NCB 1967 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . I AM THE WALRUS PROMO SHOOT JOHN LENNON . V24 USD $6.46 Buy It Now 5 days
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE USD $1.90 [0 bids]
OBSCURE 45, WALRUS. WHO CAN I TRUST / TOMORROW NEVER COMES. USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS CD/+1/1970 Deram/UK Progressive Rock/Traffic USD $26.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus by Walrus (Prog) (CD, Aug-2008, Esoteric Recordings) USD $17.85 Buy It Now 6 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope New CD USD $13.33 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus: Walrus (CD) USD $6.46 Buy It Now 6 days
LOKBRA ARMY OF SOUNDWAVES STOP MR. MUSIC WALRUS CD06 PROG NEO-PSYCH ROCK POP USD $4.77 Buy It Now 6 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope) CD E USD $9.36 Buy It Now 6 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope) CD USD $11.42 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus - Uncovered [New CD] USD $17.39 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES-HELLO,GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS UK 7'' 1967 PLAIN SLEEVE USD $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MEMOTONE & SOOSH Memoosh 2x LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle Sekuoia Walrus Ghost USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
the beatles-hello goodbye/i am the walrus USD $4.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others Ive seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"