WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Walrus - Never Gonna Let My Body Touch The Ground - Deram UK DEMO USD $31.65 [0 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus:music/beatles - Randy Jackson Compact Disc USD $15.40 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.59 Buy It Now 11h 10m
THE BEATLES, I AM THE WALRUS, HELLO GOODBYE. 45 RPM CAPITOL 2056 USD $95.00 Buy It Now 11h 28m
Beatles HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS Apple Los Angeles Pressing MFD on A side USD $1.00 [2 bids]
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.10 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 46m
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PS - JAPAN - 7" 45RPM - Apple USD $38.47 Buy It Now 13h 27m
(GG390) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.79 Buy It Now 13h 42m
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus Oasis MUSIC CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Hash, I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Excellent Single USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY - I AM THE WALRUS 1967 RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 7" PS 45prm USD $9.90 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 1967 Original issue . TV CREDIT USD $7.59 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OASIS Cigarettes & Alcohol / I Am The Walrus Live 7" Vinyl Numbered CRE190 1994 USD $63.31 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE USD $4.42 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Purple Capitol Label 45 USD $2.25 [2 bids]
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Multi Color Capitol Label 45 USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Bud Shank (inst.45) I AM THE WALRUS / SOUND OF SILENCE ~ VG++ Beatles song USD $6.80 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ~ Capitol VG- USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS usa apple 2056 7" single USD $25.33 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 2056 Vinyl 45 Rock Record PS EX 1967 USD $38.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $15.04 Buy It Now 2 days
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [New CD] USD $20.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus, Oasis Single USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 7" single 1967 Sweden/UK R 5655 EX- USD $19.90 [0 bids]
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.51 Buy It Now 3 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $17.51 Buy It Now 3 days
Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus The Beatles France PS USD $3.99 [1 bids]
Hombre 80s Indie 45 on Walrus ~ Home With Me ~ Hear it USD $9.99 [0 bids]
hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single, BEATLES,Good, Vinyl 45/7" with pi USD $30.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $37.98 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS -NEVER GONNA rare UK 1971 DEMO PROMO / PSYCH / PROG / DERAM / NEAR MINT ! USD $7.59 [0 bids]
CHILL FACTION Eggman On The Deuce 12" SINGLE EP SEALED Beatles I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth I am the walrus - 1971 Island Maxigold Holland USD $1.00 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.32 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.66 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles 45 Record Hello Goodbye - I Am The Walrus Capitol Canada USD $4.51 [0 bids]
Complete Lost John Lennon Tapes Vol 1-22 Walrus Productions Full CD Set Beatles USD $499.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $64.45 Buy It Now 3 days
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE USD $1.86 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - US Picture Sleeve 45 rpm PS 7" USD $16.99 [0 bids]
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS Vaccine TECN-16420 CD JAPAN 1998 NEW USD $102.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $7.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $25.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Rare. The Beatles "Hello Goodbye /I'm The Walrus"1967,-1/-1 , MADE in FRANCE ! USD $31.66 [0 bids]
Lot Of Two Beatles 45rpm With Picture Sleeves Walrus/Hello Woman/Feel Fine USD $5.50 [2 bids]
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 2056 114-3II USD $5.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $18.86 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.04 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.33 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL US Capitol 1988 B/W I Am The Walrus (2056) USD $8.60 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL Dutch Pink Island B/W Hangman Hang My USD $32.54 Buy It Now 4 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $20.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Crack The Sky 45 I Am The Walrus/Lighten Up McGraw (718) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
8 track lot BIG BROTHER Bootsy STRETCH Walrus HOT TUNA Mountain TUBES Thin Lizzy USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 45 - US PROMO USD $11.88 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye U.S.Capitol Picture Sleeve 7" 1968 USD $27.50 Buy It Now 4 days
ROCK THE BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL LABEL 45 RPM RECORD USD $2.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 I AM THE WALRUS PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P3 USD $8.85 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS/PATSY BUTTERFIELD - hard rock & garage/skate punk instrumentals CD Promo USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES+ Original U S picture sleeve ONLY Hello Goodbye / Walrus USD $15.00 [0 bids]
EX Original A&M LP by SPOOKY TOOTH "The Last Puff" I Am The Walrus cover USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.53 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS SEVEN TECN-30592 CD JAPAN OBI USD $80.82 Buy It Now 5 days
I Am The Walrus Hello Goodbye UK original 1967 vinyl 45 Beatles R5655 Parlophone USD $7.55 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS, NOW YOU KNOW, EX/EX, Promotional CD Single, , USD $4.67 Buy It Now 5 days
OASIS CIGARETTES & ALCOHOL/I AM THE WALRUS/LISTEN UP/FADE AWAY CD SINGLE 1994 USD $1.25 [0 bids]
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
the beatles - hello,goodbye - i am the walrus....1967 parlophone 45 USD $4.43 [0 bids]
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 6 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES HELLO-GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 45 RPM PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY NICE! USD $49.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS, NOW YOU KNOW, M/M, 1 Track, Promotional CD Single, Picture Sleeve, , USD $3.79 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus 45 Record Vinyl 2056 Yellowish Apple USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $5.05 Buy It Now 6 days
OINGO BOINGO Boingo Orig 1994 GIANT US CD Danny Elfman I Am The Walrus etc USD $10.12 [0 bids]
Capitol 2056 - THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE - Vintage 45 Record USD $15.50 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES-hello goodbye/i am the walrus/45 picture SLEEVE - VINTAGE USD $25.50 Buy It Now 7 days
DLR & Octane- Seven / The Walrus 12" Dispatch Recordings Drum and Bass Vinyl USD $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $67.50 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $11.29 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES "I Am The Walrus" CAPITOL 2056 original VG+ hear! Nice Playback 45 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES 1967 I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOOD BYE CAPITOL 2056 45RPM VG++ EXCELLENT USD $27.96 Buy It Now 8 days
HELLO GOODBYE, I AM THE WALRUS, THE BEATLES ,LENNON, MCCARTNEY 45 RPM VINYL 7" USD $12.72 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus Family Hangover New Vinyl LP Album USD $50.56 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus Walrus LP JLS 3051 1972 Psychedelic Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others Ive seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"