WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus
Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
Audio CD$8.00 (used)

SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.61 Buy It Now 2h 35m
EX Original A&M LP by SPOOKY TOOTH "The Last Puff" I Am The Walrus cover USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5h 4m
THE BEATLES: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Orange Capitol 45 NM- USD $9.99 [0 bids]
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 17m
45RPM The Beatles I'm the Walrus & 122EL USD $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
the beatles - hello,goodbye - i am the walrus....1967 parlophone 45 USD $4.57 [0 bids]
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL AIRPLANE COVER USD $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 2056 Vinyl 45 Rock Record PS EX 1967 USD $38.00 [0 bids]
2 Beatles 45's-Hello Goodbye/I am The Walrus & I Feel Fine/She's a Woman USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS Parlophone UK 1967 PAR 5655.01A England USD $2.25 [3 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 RECORD PICTURE SLEEVE CAPITOL 2056 USD $13.41 [2 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus 45 Record Vinyl 2056 Yellowish Apple USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $5.21 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS, NOW YOU KNOW, EX/EX, Promotional CD Single, , USD $4.82 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT OF 4 'THE BEATLES' HIT 45's+1P(Copy)[Hello Goodbye/I Am A Walrus] 60's USD $7.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS, NOW YOU KNOW, M/M, 1 Track, Promotional CD Single, Picture Sleeve, , USD $3.90 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $67.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES ~ Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus ~ CAPITOL 2056 PICTURE SLEEVE USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Bud Shank Promo 45 I Am The Walrus / Sounds Of Silence 1968 NM Chet Baker USD $1.00 [0 bids]
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $11.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO "FOR THE WALRUS (Tribute to John Lennon)" 1981 7" 45rpm ~All Star Records USD $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus - 7" Vinyl Single (1967) Parlophone R5655 USD $1.29 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES: Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus USA APPLE 2056 45 USD $2.07 [4 bids]
VINTAGE MINT THE BEATLES, I AM THE WALRUS, HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM CAPITOL 2056 USD $29.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM The Beatles CAPITOL Hello Goodbye- I AM The Walrus Ex USD $1.25 [2 bids]
THE BUMPS "ODE TO A TOAD" 1969 GARAGE / PSYCH / ROCK ON WALRUS (HEAR IT) USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Walrus LP JLS 3051 1972 Psychedelic Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 3 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $3.58 Buy It Now 3 days
?PINK 1970 Orig SPOOKY TOOTH ? I AM THE WALRUS ? LAST PUFF ? HEAVY Psych BEATLES USD $9.98 [1 bids]
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $17.97 Buy It Now 3 days
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE USD $1.76 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS RARE DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING 1967 USD $19.52 Buy It Now 3 days
CRACK THE SKY: I Am The Walrus / Long Version 12 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 45 rpm vinyl record USD $5.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I am the walrus/hello goodbye PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $26.25 Buy It Now 3 days
9G VG+ The Beatles hello goodbye / i am the walrus Capitol 2056 USD $1.25 [0 bids]
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $91.38 Buy It Now 3 days
Barry White The Walrus Of Love Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $21.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS Janus 3051 LP VG++ US 1972 USD $14.98 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.74 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.51 Buy It Now 4 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $62.33 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES hello goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm GERMANY IMPORT rarest 1967 USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
WALRUS - S/T 1970 UK JAZZ INFLUENCED PROGRESSIVE ROCK w/HORNS SEALED CD +BNS TRK USD $12.95 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.37 Buy It Now 4 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.10 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL Dutch Pink Island B/W Hangman Hang My USD $32.17 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.74 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $19.44 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $78.32 Buy It Now 4 days
Empathy For The Walrus by Randy Jackson CD NEW USD $11.06 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE- THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS - (45 RPM & PIC. SLEEVE) (ORIGINAL) N MINT USD $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS D-tecnoLife (Bleach Intro Theme) TECN-12673 CD JAPAN OBI USD $61.92 Buy It Now 4 days
45 rpm LES DeMERLE....I AM THE WALRUS / THE RAVEN USD $54.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am The Walrus 7" Vinyl Re-Issue with LARGE T-shirt USD $56.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES ULTRA RARE I AM THE WALRUS MAGICAL MYSTERY EMI ACETATE SINGLE 7I USD $13.04 [1 bids]
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12" Pelican Isis Torche vinyl LP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES-hello goodbye/i am the walrus/45 picture SLEEVE - VINTAGE USD $25.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Capitol 2056 - THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE - Vintage 45 Record USD $15.50 Buy It Now 4 days
SANDO, For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) / same (promo) 45rpm USD $14.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR JAPAN CD OOP NEU TOSHIBA WALRUS THE RESIDENTS USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE-CAPITOL RECORDS-2056-c1967-45 RPM USD $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Plague, Iron Walrus USD $19.20 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES 45 Picture Sleeve...I am a Walrus - Hello Goodbye. eX cond.. USD $9.04 [1 bids]
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD yellow/green vinyl UNPLAYED USD $23.39 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOC."I AM THE WALRUS" 12" SINGLE TOTAL 12FLARE1 USD $3.26 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ?- Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (7") (F-G/NM) USD $10.43 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES ?- Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (7") (G-/NM) USD $10.43 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE c/w I AM THE WALRUS RARE DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING 1967 USD $19.52 Buy It Now 5 days
Boogie Woogie 45 - Walrus - Bakersfield Boogie Boy - 1973 USD $1.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $12.39 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 Import With Picture Sleeve USD $29.74 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single USD $11.74 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLE I AM THE WALRUS BLACK PARLOPHONE 45rpm VG- condition USD $1.96 [0 bids]
BEATLES PICTURE SLEEVE & 45-"I AM THE WALRUS"CAPITOL SWIRL-NM-1967 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sando - For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) USA 45 Without Picture Sleeve USD $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES, I AM THE WALRUS, HELLO GOODBYE. 45 RPM CAPITOL 2056 USD $94.95 [0 bids]
USD $130.00 Buy It Now
REDUCED The Beatles Hello, Goodbye + I Am The Walrus Decca Press UK 45 7" single USD $7.82 [0 bids]
OBSCURE 45, WALRUS. WHO CAN I TRUST / TOMORROW NEVER COMES. USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 45 PARLOPHONE UK EX+ USD $35.00 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS CD/+1/1970 Deram/UK Progressive Rock/Traffic USD $26.98 Buy It Now 7 days
1967 Rock 45 THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus VG+ USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
Walrus by Walrus (Prog) (CD, Aug-2008, Esoteric Recordings) USD $17.85 Buy It Now 7 days
1967 Rock 45 THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus VG+ USD $10.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
RANDY JACKSON (ZEBRA) - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF THE BEATLES, SONGS OF H USD $13.33 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO, GOODBYE I AM WALRUS 1967 RARE SWEDEN 7" VINYL SINGLE R 5655 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
LOKBRA ARMY OF SOUNDWAVES STOP MR. MUSIC WALRUS CD06 PROG NEO-PSYCH ROCK POP USD $4.77 Buy It Now 7 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope) CD E USD $6.61 Buy It Now 7 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope) CD USD $9.88 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others I´ve seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"