WALRUS

2. Rags and Old Iron/Blind Man/Roadside
3. Why?
4. Turning/Woman/Turning
5. Sunshine Needs Me
6. Coloured Rain/Mother's Dead Face in Memoriam/Coloured Rain (Reprise)
7. Tomorrow Never Comes
8. Never Let My Body Touch the Ground

Search WALRUS Walrus lyrics

Search WALRUS Walrus tabs

Steve Hawthorn / bass guitar, 12-string guitar (3)
John Scates / lead & rhythm guitars
Noel Greenaway / vocals
Bill Hoad / soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, alto flute, clarinet
Roy Voce / tenor saxophone
Don Richards / trumpet, celesta (4)
Barry Parfitt / piano & organ
Roger Harrison / drums (1, 6), claves, cowbells, tambourine
Nick Gabb / drums (2,3,4,5,7)

Decca/Deram

re-released on Esoteric Records, 2008

Thanks to Atavachron for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
Audio CD$8.00 (used)

THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus '67 PSYCH 7" John Lennon McCartney USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 16m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $16.20 Buy It Now 5h 56m
OASIS Cigarettes & Alcohol / I Am The Walrus Live 7" Vinyl Numbered CRE190 1994 USD $54.16 Buy It Now 7h 2m
D.D DUMBO job lot of 2 promo CDs Satan Walrus 4AD USD $10.82 Buy It Now 8h
the beatles hello goodbye / iam the walrus 7" 1976 uk USD $5.40 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [New CD] USD $19.46 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus, Oasis Single USD $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 28m
BEATLES RARE REPRO I AM THE WALRUS MAGICAL MYSTERY EMI ACETATE SINGLE 7INCH 45 USD $13.53 [1 bids]
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $17.43 Buy It Now 1 day
hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single, BEATLES,Good, Vinyl 45/7" with pi USD $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $20.17 Buy It Now 1 day
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $58.97 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.84 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.76 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL Dutch Pink Island B/W Hangman Hang My USD $30.53 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.84 Buy It Now 1 day
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OINGO BOINGO Boingo Orig 1994 GIANT US CD Danny Elfman I Am The Walrus etc USD $10.82 [0 bids]
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $5.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles : Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great picture sleeve ! USD $38.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES (7") HELLO,GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS [GERMAN ODEON 45 RI 70S COME BACK]NM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES X 3 SINGLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - WORK IT OUT - I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.70 [0 bids]
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BORIS MERZBOW EP walrus groon COLOR LIMITED pelican melvins shellac isis sumac USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.99 Buy It Now
WALRUS Fragments of light TECN-30683 CD JAPAN 2000 OBI USD $94.68 Buy It Now 2 days
CHILL FACTION Eggman On The Deuce 12" SINGLE EP SEALED Beatles I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Crack The Sky 45 I Am The Walrus/Lighten Up McGraw (718) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 Vinyl USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 45 - US PROMO USD $11.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Mike Fab-Gere & The Permissive Society - I Am The Walrus - 7" Single USD $5.40 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $21.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45-Capitol Rainbow Label 2056-Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $16.99 Buy It Now
The Beatles. Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 1967 Capitol 2056 45 rpm. VG++ USD $5.00 [0 bids]
beatles-hello,goodby / i am the walrus 1967 first press parlophone R 5655 V/G+ USD $4.05 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 I AM THE WALRUS PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P3 USD $9.47 Buy It Now 3 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Complete Lost Lennon Tapes Vol 19 & 20-Walrus 2 CD Set-Like New! Beatles John! USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Complete Lost Lennon Tapes Vol 17 & 18-Walrus 2 CD Set-Like New! Beatles John! USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Complete Lost Lennon Tapes Vol 15 & 16-Walrus 2 CD Set-Like New! Beatles John! USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Complete Lost Lennon Tapes Vol 13 & 14-Walrus 2 CD Set-Like New! Beatles John! USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Complete Lost Lennon Tapes Vol 21 & 22-Walrus 2 CD Set-Like New! Beatles John! USD $24.99 [0 bids]
45RPM The Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" Original Release CAPITAL 2056 USD $1.59 [0 bids]
OASIS - Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Ducks Deluxe Walrus Gumboot Hustler Greyhound, London MM4 show Advert 1974 USD $13.54 Buy It Now 4 days
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $5.48 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Pop 45 Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Walrus UICY-93830 CD JAPAN 2008 NEW USD $172.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 4 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL AIRPLANE COVER USD $75.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS USA CAPITOL 2056 SCRANTON SLEEVE USD $24.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45rpm Capitol 2056 Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Used Tested USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Oasis ...There And Then DvD I Am The Walrus Cum On Feel The Noize USD $9.52 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus 45 Record Vinyl 2056 Yellowish Apple USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOC."I AM THE WALRUS" 12" SINGLE TOTAL 12FLARE1 USD $3.39 [0 bids]
REDUCED The Beatles Hello, Goodbye + I Am The Walrus Decca Press UK 45 7" single USD $10.82 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 rpm 7" Sleeve Only USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $9.47 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus RARE Vinyl 45 Spain Picture Sleeve USD $22.50 [0 bids]
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.71 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $67.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $7.90 Buy It Now 5 days
1967 Rock 45 THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus VG+ USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $8.00 Buy It Now
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Oasis Cigarettes and Alcohol / I Am The Walrus Cassette Single Boxed NEW USD $1.34 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 6 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $2.86 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES 1967 UK 1st DECCA CONTRACT PRESS HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS VG+ USD $1.34 [1 bids]
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $17.37 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS RARE DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING 1967 USD $17.22 Buy It Now 6 days
CRACK THE SKY: I Am The Walrus / Long Version 12 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES I am the walrus/hello goodbye PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $26.25 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $94.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Barry White 2 CD album (Double CD) The Walrus Of Love Dutch WHITE213 USD $22.33 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS ( BELGIUM-ONLY PIC-SLEEVE 7'PS 1967 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES : Hello Goodbye-I am The Walrus SP 7" Holland PARLOPHONE R.5655 EX+ USD $34.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus - S/T 1972 Janus 1st Ed. psych LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES.I AM THE WALRUS. 8 X 10 GLOSSY FRAMED PRINT BY PHILIPPE MORA, USD $13.53 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $81.25 Buy It Now 7 days
LOT OF 4 'THE BEATLES' HIT 45's+1P(Copy)[Hello Goodbye/I Am A Walrus] 60's USD $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus Walrus LP JLS 3051 1972 Psychedelic Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES/HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS. CLASSIC ROCK OZ 45 USD $7.94 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $12.12 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $16.19 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $18.89 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $21.60 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $27.02 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus - Self-Titled - Janus JLS 3051 - Sealed! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Rip-roaring fun on this 1970 debut from 9-piece heavy blues-jazz-rock orchestra Walrus, blasting forth with ragged and rich numbers from founder Steve Hawthorn's warm basses, guitarist John Scates' dirty riffs, and the over-the-top tribal yell of Noel Greenaway. On backup is a pulsing band of horns, woodwinds and percussion making this, their only release, a surprisingly tight blend of the sophisticated brass-jazz of Blood,Sweat&Tears, the stormy blues of Janis and her Holding Co., and echoes of early Who or Jethro Tull.

'Who Can I Trust' is typical but perfect hard acid rock boldly followed by 13 minute epic 'Rags and Old Iron', a journey of rhythm 'n blues, ancient ancestry, stoic folk rock, weird Brit-pop and sprawling brass-psych. 'Why' is a confident folk bit in paisley with Bill Hoad's pretty intertwined flutes and Greenaway's pining lament, tongue-in-cheek romp 'Turning', refreshing modern jazz in 'Coloured Rain', and beyond kitsch 'Tomorrow Never Comes' reminds of The Nice.

Nothing spectacular and brutally old-sounding, Walrus were destined to evaporate with little trace but the ensemble's impressive arrangements put them on a par with contemporaries as Room, and they deserve their small spot among the progressive orchestras of the era.

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Walrus is one of one shot wonders from UK in the early '70's with a short career. Formed in late '60's by the bassist Steve Hawthorn , Walrus release in november 1970 their selftitled album at Decca records. The band was formed by 8 musicians, like a small orchestra, but only the head of the band Hawthorn was the main composer. The music offered by Walrus is jazz rock with brass intrstuments, horns arrangements and some vague progressive elements added here and there, the resoult is not bad, little dated now but ok most of the time and enjoyble. They remind me of, for instance, Jethro Tull (Benefit era) but less flute orientated and with some bluesy touch , tipical for that period aproach, Audience, Family or even Blood, Sweat & Tears. There are some fine moments , like short opening track Who Can I Trust, the lenghty Rags and Old Iron with some good mellow parts melted with some folky parts, heavy prog passages, a great tune and jazzy cover version from Traffic first album - Coloured Rain, the rest are ok. Overall a good release that desearves one way or another to be discovered, but is nothing realy a spectacular release, that's why the best I can give is 3 stars. My version of the CD is the first issue on this format from Black rose label in 1999 with some comments about the band and pieces inside. Not to be confused with other bands with same name Walrus .

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting obscure band from which has released a single, self titled LP, in 1970 and quickly disappeared without trace soon after that. Their sound was a curious mix of brass rock a la Blood, Sweat & Tears or Chicago with psychedelic rock, jazz and even some acid-folk bits (like in Why). The music of this octet is quite appealing and certainly the band was promising: bassist Steve Hawthorn shows up as a viable songwriter of good material, while the players are obviously skilled enough. Singer Noel Greenaway is another great find, with a fine voice that handles well all styles of music. With time they probably could produce a personal and outstanding sound. Unfortunately this was not to be. I guess at the time there were enough good brass bands riding the charts and their psychedelic takes were already dated by 1970. Even the cover was not that original for the period:it looks like several others I´ve seen then.

Anyway, if you like the above mentioned styles you should give this album a chance. I was quite surprised by the strong performances and the overall good songwriting and arrangements. Nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, but nice to listen to. The production is very good for the time and the CD release has a bonus track that was not included on the original LP. Nice find.

Rating: 2,5 stars rounded up. good, but clearly non essential in any way.

3 stars Tucked away in the darker recesses of any prog collection are sunk without trace gems from the late 60's/early 70's. I was surprised and pleased that over a dozen others have at least heard this and bothered to rate it. It has even had a couple of reviews. I shall add mine then! With previous r ... (read more)

Report this review (#1519647) | Posted by Groucho Barks | Monday, January 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"