II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
II = I by AndromedaII = I by Andromeda
Inner Wound/MBM

Avantasia-Metal Opera Parts I and Ii, the [golden Edition] CD NEW USD $26.23 Buy It Now
Masterplan-Mk. Ii CD NEW USD $15.96 Buy It Now
ALAN SILVESTRI - Back To The Future II: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - CD USD $67.49 Buy It Now
Paul Weston Orchestra Play Jerome Kern Vol. II LP Flapper Girl Sexy Cheesecake USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Candle ~ To The Chief Musician Volume II ~ NEW SEALED Vinyl LP Birdwing Sparrow USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Distress Signals I & Ii - 2 DISC SET - Controlled Bleeding (2016, CD New) USD $17.34 Buy It Now
BETONKUST/PALMBOMEN II - Hotel Breukelen - Vinyl (12") USD $15.73 Buy It Now
Led Zeppelin II USD $25.72 Buy It Now
Innovators II Keepers of the Flame BESTOR/CARDON 2002 Utah Olympics - CD (NEW) USD $14.95 Buy It Now
Elo II - Mr Blue Sky - Elo II CD UCVG USD $4.67 Buy It Now
VARIOUS ARTISTS - THE GREATEST LOVE VOL.II - THE PL... - VARIOUS ARTISTS CD J8VG USD $4.81 Buy It Now
soul II soul 5 classic albums cd new and sealed USD $12.76 Buy It Now
Ovgst - Halo II Vol.2: Original Video Game Soundtrack - Ovgst CD XKVG USD $6.31 Buy It Now
Tangerine Dream - Time Square - Dream Mixes II - Tangerine Dream CD GMVG USD $9.97 Buy It Now
Elo II - Elo II - Elo II CD 7IVG USD $15.88 Buy It Now
VARIOUS ARTISTS - God of War II: Offical Soundtrack - CD USD $63.95 Buy It Now
THE KINGBEES - Kingbees I & II - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $25.95 Buy It Now
THE KINGBEES - Kingbees I & II - CD ** Brand New ** USD $100.95 Buy It Now
Beverly Hill Cop II LP Eddie Murphy, Corey Hart, Seger USD $3.50 Buy It Now
Big Boi Presents...Got Purp?, Vol. 2 II 2005 JAPAN CD OBI 1980yen TOCP SEALED USD $9.99 Buy It Now
The Millennium Collection: Best of Boyz II Men by Boyz II Men (CD 2003) New/Seal USD $10.00 Buy It Now
VARIOUS ARTISTS - God of War II: Offical Soundtrack - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $93.95 Buy It Now
THA CARTER II(reissue) LIL WAYNE Audio CD USD $41.54 Buy It Now
BALLADE II AKIRA FUSE Audio CD USD $48.87 Buy It Now
LUIS II Jerusalem CD OOP LATIN SPANISH COLUMBIAN USD $5.97 Buy It Now
Chillpill Liveband II Nothingleft - Blu-ray Disc USD $7.65 Buy It Now
Montreux II, Bill Evans, Good USD $12.98 Buy It Now
WISH II V.A. Audio CD USD $37.42 Buy It Now
Embryo 1985 Africa Album CD NEW 1992 Krautrock Dissidenten Can Amon Duul II Guru USD $69.00 Buy It Now
Teresa Brewer: It's Siesta Time & A Good Man iIs Hard to Find - Coral 45RPM USD $3.75 Buy It Now
Trisomie 21 RARE M 1988 Pias LP First Songs II Le Repos Des Enfants Heureux Goth USD $89.00 Buy It Now
Walter Gieseking - EMI Masters - Pr?ludes I & II /... - Walter Gieseking CD PEVG USD $7.17 Buy It Now
QUEEN "QUEEN II" CD (2011 REMASTER) NEW+ USD $16.49 Buy It Now
Various Artists - Emerald Classics Vol II 16 Irish Favourites - CD I6VG USD $23.48 Buy It Now
SOUL II SOUL - BACK TO LIFE (HOWEVER DO YOU WANT ME) [... - SOUL II SOUL CD JCVG USD $16.64 Buy It Now
BOBBY BROWN - ON OUR OWN. GHOSTBUSTERS II. 1989 3 TRACK... - BOBBY BROWN CD WIVG USD $49.05 Buy It Now
ELTON JOHN GREATEST HITS VOLUME II AUSTRALIAN RELEASE CASSETTE TAPE USD $9.74 Buy It Now
Genaside II - Mr. Maniac - Vinyl 12" - Excellent Condition, Generic Sleeve USD $1.28 Buy It Now
OST SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT II Burt Reynolds Japan Obi LP USD $15.50 Buy It Now
El Tadeo Chistes Verdes al Rojo Vivo Vol II 1960s Cuban Comedy LP Rare USD $25.00 Buy It Now
CD Street Fighter II Image Album PCCB-00075 CAPCOM 1991 Japan USD $24.99 Buy It Now
SOUL II SOUL ORIGINAL ADVERT 16 X 12" POSTER SIZE 1 DEC 1990 USD $16.60 Buy It Now
Bach: Orchester Suiten I & II (CD, Apr-1993, Hanssler) Helmuth Rilling USD $16.99 Buy It Now
?? GREGORIAN "Hurt" LORDS OF MYSTERY - PART II 3 CD-Box NIP USD $17.11 Buy It Now
Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde - Pharcyde CD 7BVG USD $5.49 Buy It Now
Various - Napalm Rave II - Various CD 0CVG USD $22.89 Buy It Now
Kill II This - Deviate - Kill II This CD MHVG USD $5.18 Buy It Now
NEW Great Joy II: Around the World (Audio CD) USD $37.57 Buy It Now
Various Artists - Arabica II - Various Artists CD RGVG USD $4.81 Buy It Now
Edward II - This Way Up - Edward II CD A9VG USD $23.48 Buy It Now
A Small Good Thing - Slim Westerns Vol. I & II - A Small Good Thing CD O5VG USD $12.99 Buy It Now
Sibelius: Symphony No. 3 / Suite from King Kristian II - CD YOVG USD $7.98 Buy It Now
Amon Duul II - Wolf City - Amon Duul II CD FRVG USD $26.94 Buy It Now
KILL II THIS - ANOTHER CROSS II BARE * * 2000 CD Album USD $1.28 [0 bids]
Various - Best Loved Opera Arias II - Various CD 1SLN USD $18.44 Buy It Now
TABACO & RON - Cuban Compilation Vol II - TABACO & RON CD 2VVG USD $5.31 Buy It Now
ASHANTI - Chapter II - ASHANTI CD DIVG USD $4.50 Buy It Now
Owain Arwel Hughes - 10,000 Voices II - Owain Arwel Hughes CD QWVG USD $23.48 Buy It Now
The Beta Band - Hotshots Part II (Ltd ed) - The Beta Band CD X0VG USD $14.09 Buy It Now
ANZEN CHITAI II(SHM)(reissue) ANZEN CHITAI Audio CD USD $37.00 Buy It Now
Best Of The Doobies Volume II 1981 Vinyl LP Warner Bros. Records BSK 3612 USD $16.96 Buy It Now
A3251 NEIL DIAMOND / HOT AUGUST NIGHT II (JAPAN) 32DP-5004 OBI USD $44.99 Buy It Now
Ancient Warlocks- II Vinyl 1st Press Kadavar Graveyard Clutch Black Sabbath USD $18.00 [0 bids]
USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Labour of Love II by UB40 (CD, Dec-1989, Virgin) Used 2 USD $7.00 Buy It Now
"The Best of A Great Year-Vol II" 1973 Country, 2-LP's, SEALED!, Various Artists USD $7.95 Buy It Now
THE BEST AIR GUITAR ALBUM IN THE WORLD II - VARIOUS ARTISTS * * 2002 Double CD USD $1.28 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG - CHROME DREAMS II CD & DVD - NEIL YOUNG - CHROME DREAMS 2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Five Special 45 Something Special / Such a Groove pt II ~ Elektra VG++ (soul) USD $4.00 Buy It Now
Elton John & Millie Jackson 45 Act of War / Act of War pt II ~ Geffen VG+ USD $12.00 Buy It Now
DOYLE BRAMHILL II & SMOKESTACK - WELCOME CD ~ BLUES / JAZZ ROCK GUITAR *NEW* USD $24.06 Buy It Now
ORLANDO MARIN , LP , VENEZUELA , SALSA , QUE CHEVERE ,ORIGINAL ,VOL II + BONUS USD $100.00 [0 bids]
DEATH WOLF - II: BLACK ARMOURED DEATH, 2013 GERMAN 180G vinyl LP, NEW - SEALED! USD $32.99 Buy It Now
NEW The Magic Band II (Audio CD) USD $24.79 Buy It Now
Uncle Lar and Li'l Tommy's Animal Stories Volume II Vinyl LP Record WLS Lujack USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.50 Buy It Now
Always In My Heart: Classics Songs from World War II, Vol. 2 by Various CD USD $1.99 Buy It Now
Meat Loaf ?- Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell [USED - VGC] USD $11.28 Buy It Now
Bangers II: Scum of the Earth USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Trailer Ii - Chris Knight Compact Disc USD $17.25 Buy It Now
MOTLEY CRUE - RAW TRACKS II CD 1990 JAPAN WPCP-3462 USD $10.79 Buy It Now
RONN MCFARLANE (LUTE) - Highland King - The Scottish Lute, Vol. II - CD USD $12.95 Buy It Now
@ CD AMON DUUL II - CARNIVAL IN BABYLON / MANTRA 1991 ORG /GERMA PROG SYMFO USD $19.99 Buy It Now
@ CD AMON DUUL II - HI-JACK / CASTLE LEGENDS 1990 ORG / FEMALE FRONTED PROGROCK USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Neil Diamond Hot August Night II Live in Concert inc America + 460408 1 LP x 2 USD $6.24 Buy It Now
@ CD AMON DUUL II - PURAGONY / SPV 2008 / GERMAN PROG SYMFO DIGIPACK USD $19.99 Buy It Now
@ CD AMON DUUL II - WOLF CITY / MANTRA 19?? / PROG SYMFO GERMANY USD $19.99 Buy It Now
BEAMS AGATSUMA II HIROMITSU AGATSUMA Audio CD USD $59.59 Buy It Now
RANDY STONEHILL / BUCK STORM - BREATHE OF GOD II (*NEW-CD, 2015) Xian Psych Folk USD $11.99 Buy It Now
Tin Machine "Tin Machine II 2" (David Bowie) 1991 12" Vinyl LP With Inner Sleeve USD $66.44 [8 bids]
Every Little Thing THE REMIXES II CD JAPAN LIMITED NEW SEALED JP USD $15.99 Buy It Now
Axxis / II JAPAN Helloween Heavens Gate Sinner TOCP-6446 B8 USD $69.99 Buy It Now
ARIA GUITAR PRO II 15 X 10" ORIGINAL ADVERT POSTER SIZE 26 MAR 1983 USD $15.32 Buy It Now
Sinatra, Frank Duets & Duets II: 90th Birthday Limited Collectors CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Styx / JAPAN Mini LP SHM-CD x 4 titles + PROMO BOX (Styx II) Set!! USD $152.50 Buy It Now
SOUL II SOUL PICTURE ARTICLE ORIGINAL POSTER SIZE ADVERT 30 SEP 1989 USD $15.32 Buy It Now
Barry Manilow Greatest Hits Volume 2 II Two Music CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Boyz II Men - Cooleyhighharmony (1991). FREE P&P. In very good condition USD $7.67 Buy It Now
ELO PART II - Electric Light Orchestra Part Two - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $15.95 Buy It Now
JANET JACKSON Doesn't Really Matter Nutty Professor II Klumps CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now
STING II - THE ENTERTAINER - HELIOTROPE BOUQUET - PROMO MINT 45 WPS USD $4.99 Buy It Now
LOVE & BALLAD COLLECTION II (JAPANESE IMPORT) NEW CD USD $38.39 Buy It Now

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 7, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 4, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 1, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I havenīt heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"