Gazpacho - Bravo CD (album) cover

BRAVO

Gazpacho

UMUR
3 stars Bravo is the debut full-length studio album by Norwegian alternative ( slightly progressive) pop/ rock act Gazpacho. My interest in Gazpacho was ignited after reading a lot of positive reviews of their fifth studio album Tick Tock (2009) and I decided to listen and review their albums from an end.

Bravo is an instantly likable album IMO. A very simple, melodic and catchy album. The album starts on a high note with Desert which is my favorite on the album and arguably the most progressive track on the album. Itīs not overtly complex but note that there are rather many different sections in that song compared to more regular vers/ chorus based music. Other standout tracs to my ears are Sea Of Tranquility and Mesmer but most songs are of high quality even though a couple are rather average. Songs like Nemo and California donīt really do much for me.

The music is vocal based and there are some really strong vocal melodies to be found. The delivery of those lines are important too and lead vocalist Jan H. Ohme has a melancholic and warm voice that suits the music perfectly. Most of the drums are programmed but it actually suits the music pretty well. itīs not a problem IMO. One of the best features on the album are the keyboards though. Really enjoyable and beautiful.

The musicianship and the production are of high quality. Very professional.

Bravo started out being an excellent album but the more I listen to it I have begun to get a bit tired of it and on second thought my initial 4 star rating has gone down to 3 stars. I find the album very enjoyable though and if you enjoy simple, beautiful, melancholic and slightly progressive alternative pop/ rock this might suit your taste.

UMUR | 3/5 |