Nimh - Sator (Nimh & Amon) CD (album) cover

SATOR (NIMH & AMON)

Nimh

Progressive Electronic

admireArt
5 stars WARNING!... Slow Music Project !!

Line up for real: Andrea Marutti (Amon), Giuseppe Verticchio (Nimh) and Daniela Gheradi.

I have been withholding my review of this 2007, Nimh & Amon´s release which mirror title goes by the name of "SATOR". To be honest it was a draw between 4 or 5 stars, never below that. I knew I was listening to a masterpiece, my only reluctance to emit my vote, had to do mostly with its date of release.

By 2007, a lot had happened to electronic music in general, in all its namings. So the "groundbreaking" adjective, has raised its bars, at the speed of light, in this genre´s enormous possibilities. As a result of that, well, I can´t escape finding some not that groundbreaking close references in this noise/environmental/drone/acoustic/electronic music, way of composing and performing. Which certainly did not started in 2007.

As opposed to that fact, It is impossible not to sense the polished perfection achieved in each of the elements involved in this kind of highly and sadly, underground songwriting expression. SATOR, as a 5 section project, complies with all what the few expect from this kind of exercises.

But far beyond that , their fearless approach to beauty, the same as its alienated spectre, whatever way you want to call it , is in itself quiet UNIQUE, in its very personal and uncompromising way, they do create simultaneously both sides of the coin, like life on earth. The same as dark menacing spaces coexist among the universal brights and the half glasses of water.

Inhumanly human, but hospitable enough to give you space to dwell and testify. Whatever, no unpleasant surprises, (or, this is why this is considered art not life), and opposite to that, impeccable all way through!

*****5 "Masterpiece, let´s leave it at that" PA stars.

admireArt | 5/5 |