Conrad Schnitzler - Silber CD (album) cover

SILBER

Conrad Schnitzler

Progressive Electronic

admireArt
4 stars I have never been too fond of this kind of "Boxed Compilations", I have aquired some, by many artists, and they are by rule "uneven". Most of the times they have some rare "values", but out-balanced with minor efforts. I will have not gotten this "Silber", if it was not by chance. BUT I was proven wrong. This compilation, out shines, by far his "Container" (which is too much) or the very good "Trigger Triology" and its predesor "Gold". I come to think, that somehow, Mr Schnitzler, has been holding his best for this 2nd part of a compilation. To be honest, I can compare this work, to his best experienced later music. "Silber", compiles his work after his departure from TD, in search for an own identity in the music world. This compositions (1973-1975) were first released in 2009, in the form of an LP, this re-release on CD adds 3 new "bonus" tracks, and they turn to be the highlights, alonside songs 1,2,3 and 5, 4 is just good, a bit too "raw" by comparisson.

The best in this compilation in fact is his most structured music writing. Maybe his quest, at the time was more experimental, therefore I suppose this works were archived.

Anyway, if you want to sense all what was behind his "monolithic" musical structures, like "Zug", "Rot" and all, this is your best guide, and somehow it is even better in some ways than those.

****4 "essential" for electronic music followers. PA stars.

admireArt | 4/5 |