ALBATROSS

Albatross Albatross album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ALBATROSS Music
Studio Album, released in 1976

1. Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (14:09)
2. Mr. Natural (5:23)
3. Devil's Strumpet (8:36)
4. Cannot Be Found (3:33)
5. Humpback Whales (4:34)

- Mark Dahlgren / keyboards, synthesizers, vocals
- Joe Guarino / bass, vocals
- Mike Novak / vocals
- Paul Roe / lead guitar
- Dana Williams / percussion

LP Anvil AT-1001 (1975, USA)

Thanks to progbear for the addition

Buy ALBATROSS Albatross Music

$7.84
Everybodys Got the Blues by AlbatrossEverybodys Got the Blues by Albatross
Blue Horizon
$55.62
Blues Landing by Albatross (2000-03-20)Blues Landing by Albatross (2000-03-20)
The Orchard
$190.98
The AlbatrossThe Albatross
CD Baby 2016
$11.91

(AN274) My Albatross, Rich Man's Daughter - DJ CD USD $1.98 Buy It Now 32m 55s
An Albatross The An Albatross Family Album 2008 Rock Vinyl USD $21.68 Buy It Now 2h 11m
passport to pleasure / i belive in the usa 45 rpm single, ALBATROSS,Very Good, V USD $25.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Albatross by Fleetwood Mac. Single USD $10.20 [0 bids]
6h
Chris Coco, Albatross 12" Distinctive Records USD $2.54 [0 bids]
Seven Albatross - Kill to Ruth [New CD] USD $78.20 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Fleetwood Mac - Albatross - Original 7" Vinyl - 1968 USD $1.59 [0 bids]
PRIMITIV (MEMBERS OF ALBATROSS & KILLIBRIUM) - IMMORTAL & VILE USED - VERY GOOD USD $11.69 Buy It Now 10h
FLEETWOOD MAC albatross/need your love so bad M CBS 7066 uk reissue 7" WS EX/ USD $8.91 Buy It Now 10h 5m
CD Fleetwood Mac Shrine 1969 - Albatross - Need Your Love So Bad RYCO Live '69 USD $9.50 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Leo Rojas - Albatross [New CD] USD $7.95 Buy It Now 11h 2m
An Albatross / XBXRX I Will Swim Into The Lazer Eye / XBXRX 7" VINYL Gold Standa USD $3.19 Buy It Now 11h 39m
PRIMITIV (MEMBERS OF ALBATROSS & KILLIBRIUM) - IMMORTAL & VILE NEW CD USD $15.27 Buy It Now 11h 46m
An Albatross : We Are the Lazer Viking CD (2008) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 14h 28m
ALBATROSS Passport To Pleasure private hard rock Mass 1970s 45 + PIC SLEEVE EXC+ USD $25.12 Buy It Now 15h 48m
Log Of The Albatross - Salty Walt & The Rattlin' Ratlin (CD Used Very Good) CD-R USD $18.07 Buy It Now 16h 7m
We Are the Lazer Viking, Albatross, Good EP USD $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 18m
An Albatross ?- Eat Lightning, Shit Thunder! - US experimental Punk 2001 LP NM USD $7.00 Buy It Now 20h
Albatross - WOL Fleetwood Mac UK 7" vinyl single record 57-3145 BLUE HORIZON USD $16.51 Buy It Now 20h 15m
Leo is a Loser: the hell out of other people By Recall The Albatross USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Fleetwood Mac ~ "Albatross" & "Need Your Love So Bad" ~ 7" ~ Unplayed Vinyl USD $15.94 Buy It Now 1 day
WILD BEASTS - ALBATROSS UK 7" RSD RECORD STORE DAY 2011 LTD USD $12.74 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC ALBATROSS UK 7" P/S CBS 654137 1989 PETER GREEN PROG ROCK USD $6.36 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC 'Albatross' 1968 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $29.32 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC 'Albatross' 1972 Dutch 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $15.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Strikeforce Diablo - The Albatross And The Architec NEW CD USD $11.34 Buy It Now 1 day
"I'm Not A Crook" Richard Milhous Nixon Albatross Records - New / Sealed 2 LPs USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC "Albatross" & "Need your love so bad" 7 inch Brand new! USD $2.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Fleetwood Mac, Albatross 7 inch vinyl, 1968, Blue Horizon USD $1.26 [0 bids]
FLEETWOOD MAC - Albatross / Need Your Love So Bad - CBS 8306 - 1968 USD $3.19 [0 bids]
FLEETWOOD MAC 'Albatross' 1968 Dutch 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $14.01 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC 'ALBATROSS' UK 7" SINGLE #2 USD $1.26 [0 bids]
Big Wreck: Albatross CD, NEW, SEALED USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jeffrey Liggins - Slip Away ALB 6505 Albatross CD Single R&B New Jack Swing 1996 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Wilson Project: Shark Vs. Albatross CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES VALLON Folk Gems LP VINYL UK Albatross 1984 17 Track (Srt4Kl280) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ALBATROSS Tobacco Road 7" VINYL UK Gull 1975 B/W Let It Roll (Guls16) USD $8.66 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC Albatross 7" VINYL UK Old Gold 1990 Reissue B/W Need Your Love So USD $5.34 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC Albatross 7" VINYL UK Cbs 1968 Hall Of Fame Hits Solid Label USD $5.34 Buy It Now 1 day
The Standard - Albatross [New CD] USD $7.52 Buy It Now 1 day
50 GUITAR GREATS - CD ALBUM - APACHE, ALBATROSS ETC USD $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
albatross - Hitohinowadachi - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Standard - Albatross [New CD] USD $8.50 Buy It Now 1 day
LOBO 'The Albatross' 1972 Norwegian 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $5.73 Buy It Now 1 day
FLEETWOOD MAC ALBATROSS 7" VINYL USD $2.87 Buy It Now 2 days
Albatross 7 : Fleetwood Mac USD $3.83 Buy It Now 2 days
Fleetwood Mac/ Albatross < Rambling pony > BLACK MAGIC WOMAN/ Dr Brown USD $5.09 Buy It Now 2 days
Big Wreck - Albatross [New CD] Canada - Import USD $19.77 Buy It Now 2 days
Albatross - Fear From The Skies NEW CD USD $13.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Big Wreck - Albatross [New CD] Canada - Import USD $17.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Leo Rojas, New CD, Albatross USD $7.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Fleetwood Mac Albatross 1989 7" single Vg+ Con USD $8.91 Buy It Now 2 days
Onceover The Albatross CD Toledo OH Metal Rock New USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Karen Taylor Suddenly Single 1979 Albatross 2637 Country 45rpm New Unplayed NM USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Albatross, Foxing, Good USD $13.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Fleetwood Mac - Albatross , 7" Single,1968 Blue Horizon ,Good Condition USD $1.26 [0 bids]
Albatross - Solid Fleetwood Mac 7" vinyl single record UK CBS8306 CBS USD $13.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Fleetwood Mac 7" vinyl single record Albatross UK CBS8306 CBS 1972 USD $13.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Chris Coco Albatross 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK DISNTX99 DISTINCTIVE USD $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Fishboy - Albatross: How We Failed to Save the Lone Star Sta - Fishboy CD NIVG USD $5.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Fleetwood Mack Albatross 7" Vinyl Blue Horizon Label USD $1.26 [0 bids]
THE ALBATROSS NEW CD USD $11.41 Buy It Now 3 days
FLEETWOOD MAC AND CHRISTINE PERFECT ~ ALBATROSS ~ CBS 1977 UK ROCK CASSETTE TAPE USD $8.91 Buy It Now 3 days
HARD ROCK LEGENDS VOL. 2 UK CASSETTE BIBI MUSIC BBM102 COVERS ALBATROSS SILVERMA USD $10.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Albatross Tobacco Road / Let It Roll German PS 45RPM 7" HARD GLAM ROCK 1975 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
FLEETWOOD MAC Albatross Vinyl Record 7 Inch CBS 8306 EX USD $7.64 Buy It Now 3 days
FISHBOY - Albatross: How We Failed To Save Lone Star State With Power Of NEW USD $14.76 Buy It Now 3 days
ABEL GANZ - Shooting Albatross - CD - Import - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** - RARE USD $47.95 Buy It Now 3 days
CD Screw Theory Screw Theory Vol 03:Till Death do we part Albatross USD $4.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Chapter24-Candyfloss Albatross/Chapter24 and the Hepcats 7 inch Single Sorted USD $1.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Albatross USD $3.50 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE ADVANCE PROMO An Albatross CD Blessphemy ZYKLON-B Respect Sextet punk grind USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
New Music Record Foxing "The Albatross" LP USD $24.67 Buy It Now 3 days
New Music Record An Albatross "The An Albatross Family Album" LP USD $20.32 Buy It Now 3 days
Fleetwood Mac Albatross - 4 Prong UK 7" vinyl single record 57-3145 USD $22.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Fleetwood Mac - Albatross (Vinyl) USD $10.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Classic Crime - Albatross - Classic Crime CD 0UVG The Fast Free Shipping USD $5.48 Buy It Now 3 days
FLEETWOOD MAC . ALBATROSS / NEED YOUR LOVE SO BAD . 1968 . nice excellent vinyl USD $5.09 Buy It Now 3 days
FLEETWOOD MAC . ALBATROSS / NEED YOUR LOVE SO BAD . 1968 Classic Hits USD $6.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Albatross - Tobacco Road UK 1975 7" Gull Recs (Promo) - Junk Shop Glam USD $12.74 Buy It Now 4 days
Fleetwood Mac - Albatross (UK 7" 1978 Mono Reissue) Near Mint Vinyl USD $3.18 Buy It Now 4 days
FLEETWOOD MAC - ALBATROSS  b/w  JIGSAW PUZZLE BLUES  (1968)  7" Vinyl Record USD $1.26 [0 bids]
SHY ALBATROSS-WOMAN BLUE VINYL LP NEW USD $44.00 Buy It Now 4 days
FLEETWOOD MAC 'Albatross' 1970's Australian reissue 7"/45 rpm vinyl single EP USD $76.50 Buy It Now 4 days
LEO ROJAS - ALBATROSS CD NEW+ USD $13.10 Buy It Now 4 days
Fleetwood Mac ?- Albatross / Need Your Love So Bad 7" Vinyl 45rpm USD $5.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Foxing-The Albatross VINYL LP NEW USD $20.10 Buy It Now 4 days
Daemon Familiar "Dawn Of The Albatross" cd SEALED USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
FLEETWOOD MAC ALBATROSS 7" SINGLE 1973 RARE HOLLAND DUTCH RELEASE CBS 8306 B730 USD $6.31 [0 bids]
Kill To Ruth - Seven Albatross (CD Used Like New) USD $76.20 Buy It Now 4 days
FLEETWOOD MAC Albatross/jigsaw Puzzle 7" 45 Record. Rare Blue. 1968. VG+ USD $3.19 Buy It Now 4 days
FLEETWOOD MAC 45rpm Vinyl Single ALBATROSS USD $5.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Fleetwood Mac & Christine Perfect ?- Albatross USD $9.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Wilson Project: Shark Vs. Albatross USD $5.69 Buy It Now 4 days
BRIGHT - Albatross Guest House - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $17.49 Buy It Now 4 days
FLEETWOOD MAC, ALBATROSS, CBS RECORDS 1973 RE-ISSUE EX USD $3.18 Buy It Now 4 days
FLEETWOOD MAC Albatross RARE 1989 UK CD single 80s (k) USD $20.30 Buy It Now 4 days
FLEETWOOD MAC Albatross / Jigzaw Puzzle Blues 45 7" single 1969 Sweden EX- USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
AN ALBATROSS - BLESSPHEMY (FEAST OF THE PEACE-GIVER) NEW VINYL RECORD USD $30.56 Buy It Now 4 days
Rare Breed [PA] by MC Breed (CD, Feb-2000, Albatross) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy ALBATROSS music online Buy ALBATROSS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ALBATROSS Albatross ratings distribution

ALBATROSS Albatross reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Yet another one-shot sympho-prog band from the Midwest who heard CLOSE TO THE EDGE, thought, "We could do that!" and made one privately produced album before disappearing off the face of the Earth for good. Like most of them, originality is not a very high priority. "Devil's Strumpet" (ooh, they should be garotted for that title!) notably cops the pipe-organ part from the "I Get Up, I Get Down" section of "Close To The Edge". Nothing else here is that blatant, but really, the band are hardly trailblazing innovators.

Still, for what it is, the album is fairly enjoyable. "Mr. Natural" is a bit of a throwaway, but the 14 minute "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" suite, obviously the piece the band lavished the most attention on and put the most effort into, is resonably strong. File under: pleasant, but rather inessential.

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
2 stars Albatross were a largely forgettable symphonic rock band from Rockford Illinois who came and went in the space of few years in the mid seventies. They owe very obvious debts to Yes and, to a lesser extent ELP, and in fact a couple tracks (“Devil's Strumpet” and “Humpback Whales”) are almost completely derivative of Yes circa Tales from Topographic Oceans.

Of course these guys weren’t anywhere near as creative or talented as the boys from London, and as a result their only album is a bit of a study in inconsistency.

Their magnum opus, as it were, is the fourteen minute long “Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse”, a bombastic and overachieving orgy of keyboards, plodding bass and surprisingly little guitar. Lead vocalist Mike Novak’s singing is routinely referred to as “an acquired taste” in reviews, which of course means that it isn’t very good. Novak has virtually no range, has a bit of trouble staying in synch with the song’s tempo, and seems to be slightly tone deaf. Other than that this is an unexceptional song but one that certainly was not out-of-place at the time it was written, and probably sounded pretty good in concert.

Otherwise the record consists of the two aforementioned Yes-like numbers, a very strange “Mr. Natural” and “Cannot Be Found” which is a piano-heavy number that sounds like it was written for a Broadway musical.

“Mr. Natural” is some sort of rock-god tribute type of tune, complete with head-shaking lyrics like “all the girls try to touch his cape, Mr. Natural; one day he’ll be charged for rape” and awkwardly timed keyboard riffs that launch and die at inexplicable intervals.

This isn’t much of an album quite frankly, and the vinyl originals sell for ridiculous sums to collectors foolish enough to pay them, but the Japanese CD version is more accessible (although of dubious legitimacy from the looks of it). This is really only for obsessive compulsive collectors in my opinion, and as such only merits two stars.

peace

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Albatross is a forgotten symphonic band from USA from the mid '70's who released only one album in 1976 selftitled. Well, I saw that the reviewers from here ( just 5 befor me) are nor so ethusiastic about this album , to me is quite opposite, I find it enjoyble, with good tracks. The music is Yes orientated , with vocal parts remaind me more of Styx than Yes or ELP, but not really bad, seriosly this is a good album. The best pieces from here are the opening track Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - excellent piece with uptempo musicianship and bombastic arrangements on keys and Mr. Natural - an instristing one who desearve some spins. So, a good album, nothing special but not bad really. 3 stars .
Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Obscure american band from the mid 70īs. I only found this LP (yes, I found a vinyl copy with a friend, donīt ask me how he got it!) recently. And although the music here is quite pleasant, this is no masterpiece. How would I describe their music? Well, promising might be the right word. Albatross was one of the many groups that seem to worship Yes above all things (and ELP to a less extent) and tried to emulate their sound. The results are ok, I guess, but the only average production and lack of real strong material made this self titled work a curio more than anything else.

Please donīt get me wrong: as I said before, the band has its merits, specially at the keyboards department with very fine vintage keys put into good use (but again, they sound too much like Wakeman and Emerson, if you know what I mean). Mellotrons, Hammond organs and pianos abound on this LP.Surprisingly there are few guitar parts. Singer Mike Novak is surely one of the weak links of the chain. He tries hard to match his fellow bandmates, but he is no Jon Anderson (thank god he didnīt try to sing in falsetto). The rhythm section is quite good.

Songwriting wise, the band had a long way to go, and it is a pity they didnīt have the opportunity to prove themselves in that field. The 13 minute suite The Four Horseman Of Apocalypse is their best, but although quite pleasing it fails to generate much excitement. The weird Mr. Natural sounds like Yes trying to rock hard, and it is probably their weakest in the whole package. The Devilīs Strumpet is - terrible title aside - fairly good instrumentally, if you donīt mind the lack of originality (it is again a kind of Yes and ELP mix). Humpback Whales finishes the album with another Time And A Word era Yes-sounding tune.

Conclusion: the band had the chops and it would be interesting to see how they would develop if they had to chance to come up with better and more original material. Unfortunatly they didnīt. And this CD is definitly well done within all the limitations I mentioned before, but there were far too many other much more interesting stuff available at the time to give it more than a two star rating. For collectors and fans only.

Review by Progfan97402
4 stars One of those one-short American prog bands that Syn-Phonic should have reissued, but never happened. Instead some Japanese label reissued this on CD. Instead I was able to get the original LP, not cheap, though, but at least I got to hear it before I bought it. This group hailed from Rockford, Illinois, just like Cheap Trick. Of course Cheap Trick wasn't prog at all, but they became enormously successful with hits played on the radio and multi-platinum selling albums. Albatross was like groups like Cathedral, Mirthrandir, Babylon, and the likes where they never got more than a small-label release guaranteeing their rarity. Albatross' sole album was released on the Anvil label. Prog rock in the Midwest seemed really big in the mid 1970s and Yes was a particular example. Too often Albatross was considered nothing more than Yes wannabes. But I really can't agree on that. There is that Yes element, but the vocals from Mike Novak sound nothing like Jon Anderson (or Terry Luttrell of Starcastle). Compare that to Starcastle, on the other hand, they were very much a Yes clone (although I do enjoy their first three albums). Mark Dalhgren gives lots of nice keyboard work in the Wakeman, Emerson, and even Banks style, with lots of Hammond organ, synths (ARP), piano, and RMI electric piano/harpsichord, and even some nice use of Mellotron, which I wished was used more. The opening cut, "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" is nothing short of amazing, it's everything I enjoy about a 14 minute prog song. Lots of great keyboard work, imaginative Mellotron playing. I also like some of those synth sound effects Dahlgren gives. Now many people tend to be put off by "Mr. Natural". It might be their idea of a more commercial piece, on the other hand, if you give it a listen, you'll still notice some unconventional proggy passages, with the organ and synth passages in between the vocal passages. This was an example of the band not taking themselves seriously and a song like this would be completely out of the question by Yes. "Devil's Strumpet", well, there's that the pipe organ was no doubt "Close to the Edge" inspired. Pipe organ was the Second Congregational Church's organ, which apparently was a local church. Luckily there's tons of more great prog things going on. "Cannot Be Found" is a piano-oriented ballad, it could be a bit sappy for some, but it don't bother me. "Humpback Whales" is a nice, short proggy number. Since I've been collecting obscure prog now for 20 years, I'm glad to still find obscurities like this that has passed my radar scope for many years, and glad to have in my collection. I doubt most of you are willing to shell out the money for an original LP, but if you get a chance to hear it, it's worth it.
Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars An American one-shot symphonic prog band operating in the mid-Seventies, Albatross released a single privately produced album before vanishing, and this inconsistent but nonetheless interesting self-titled album is their legacy. A strong Yes influence is instantly obvious throughout the five pieces on offer here, but the band filled their album with plenty of colourful instrumental variety, and, along with with Mike Novak's distinctive vocals, definitely had their own personality. Albatross deserve credit for their impressive technical skills and energy, and this work is instantly enjoyable and easy to find merit in, especially due to its frequently up-tempo arrangements.

Good on the band for having the confidence to open their debut album with a fourteen minute prog epic! For such a bleak lyric about the end of days, `Four Horseman of the Apocalypse' sure is constantly energetic and infectious! A rich variety runs through several different vocal and instrumental passages here, covering everything from overwhelming symphonic majesty, regal pomp, subtle grooves and dreamier spacey moments with very light classical elements for good measure as well. All of the musicians get to show off their skills - Mark Dahlgren offers plenty of bristling Mellotron used in different ways as well gleaming organ and loopy synth glitches, Dana Williams' lively drumming is rambunctious and commanding, Paul Roe's burning electric guitar soiling is heroic, and Joe Guarino thankfully delivers that thick plodding bass sound listeners love in vintage prog bands.

Mike Novak's boisterous vocal definitely tests the friendship on the quirky and slightly grating `Mr Natural'. Partly a comedic piece, heavy E.L.P-like Hammond organ stabs burst around a slight funk groove and a confident chorus, but the piece is more interesting when it spirals out of control with some delirious synth breakdowns and nice infernal Mellotrons bursts in the middle! The proficient band let themselves down by shamelessly ripping the church organ passage from `Close to the Edge's `I Get Up, I Get Down' section throughout the start and end of the amusingly titled `Devil's Strumpet' (love it!), but thankfully a constant fast tempo and endless tight and tricky peppy instrumental runs with superb interplay between all the musicians shine throughout the entire nine minutes.

`Cannot Be Found' is a mostly melancholic ballad with a wounded romantic lyric and plenty of Wakeman-esque flights of piano fancy and prettiness. It's a nice reprieve from all the busy and bombastic pieces that came before it, benefitting from its compact form and shorter running time, not even lasting four minutes. The catchy and punchy up-tempo closer `Humpback Whales' is, sure enough, a seafaring tale, with a foot-tapping beat thanks to the snappy drumming, and there's plenty of brisk little Hammond, Moog and Mellotron fills and some playful whimsical breaks. A breezy and likeable way to finish the album!

`Albatross' will never be confused for being a long lost undiscovered classic, but there is much worth discovering here, and the album greatly improves on repeated listens. As a prog-rock music collection grows, when you're sick and tired of the endless reissues of the long overdosed on classic titles and bands, little known curios like Albatross are more appreciated and very appealing, so do give the album a chance should you come across any of the CD reissues (an Australian label Great Barrier Records delivered the most recent one in 2014). A very decent work, and all the members of Albatross should look back fondly on the good results they achieved here with pride!

Three stars.

4 stars This is a bit of personal insight to the Albatross LP. I am Tom Lehman, one of the credited engineers (and the voice of Mr. Natural :-) on the album. I also ran the boards for Albatross' live gigs from 1974 to 1977. This is a rehash of a review I did in 2011 (as tlehma) with a few corrections a ... (read more)

Report this review (#1813568) | Posted by tlehman | Monday, October 16, 2017 | Review Permanlink

4 stars More than a review this is a bit of personal insight to the Albatross LP. I am Tom Lehman, one of the credited engineers (and the voice of Mr. Natural :-) on the album. I also ran the boards for Albatross' live gigs from 1974 to 1977. This album is certainly a rarity, there were only 1000 albums ... (read more)

Report this review (#446295) | Posted by TLehma | Thursday, May 12, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Pleasant, the type of symphonic prog that gives you good vibes......not so original, hints of Yes and also a bit typical 70's US progsound āla Lift, Yezda Urfa and Chakra. The allmighty Tron appears also on this album, and fits nicely in. Anyway, should be added to every progheads collection, ... (read more)

Report this review (#62768) | Posted by | Monday, January 2, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I agree with the previous reviewer by saying that Albatross is heavily influenced by Yes. It's indeed correct, but I can't say that this is a "we could do this too" band. It still has its own personality and so on. I actually really dig the singer, although I had some difficulties with his voi ... (read more)

Report this review (#54551) | Posted by Dan Yaron | Thursday, November 3, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALBATROSS "Albatross"