DON'T PANIC

- Gary Stout / drums, percussion, digital drums, effects
- Michael Stout / piano, synthesizers
- David Thomas / lead & backing vocals
GUEST:
- Craig Poole / bass (1-2)

CD Syn-Phonic SYNCD 5 (1990) USA

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

KALABAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KALABAN Don't Panic Music

Don't PanicDon't Panic
Syn-Phonic 2008

More places to buy KALABAN music online Buy KALABAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KALABAN Don't Panic ratings distribution

KALABAN Don't Panic reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars This is the debut album by a "New-Progressive band" from Utah, with a pop/new age feel, well hidden inside the track "Between the Lines", which is perhaps the most inspiring song. The guitar work is good within and the vocals as well. The rest of the album is not bad, despite of being entirely instrumental, as it never adds a diverse mood, but the output overall is not bad..

Interesting album not completely essential!!

Review by progrules
3 stars Well, this is another vey tough call between 3 and 4 stars. I bought this album a few years ago. I had the successor Resistance is useless in my possession for a long time before I decided to buy this one as well. I was always intrigued by this band with it's own unique sound. In fact this debut was absolutely no disappointment either.

It's a short album, alas, because I can always really appreciate when you get something like 70 minutes of music for the same money as 45 minutes, simple statement but true, isn't it ? But ok as long as the 45 minutes are good enough, then that's good compensation. I think, it's really the case here ! This is very good though then I am actually talking about the last three songs on the album which happen to be the three longer ones but they are of very high quality to me. The first three are no more than a warm up I believe and because of the short total time and the fact I slightly had to overrate the other one by Kalaban (see my review there) I will round this one down to 3 stars. (3,5 it really is).

Review by b_olariu
4 stars From the beggining 4 stars without hesitation for Don't panic. Kalaban is a symphonic band from USA who releases 2 albums in the early '90's. Don't panic is the first one from 1990 and a great one , at least for me. Kalaban's music has many influences like Genesis, Dream Theater but with a wider range of jazyy interplays. Anyway this album is absolute great from the first track to the last, great musicianship great vocals. I'm not agree that David Thomas is a weak singer, he fits very well in this kind of music. More than 80% of the album is instrumental so they have enough space to demonstrate their capabilitys in prog music. So an excelent deput and desearve 4 stars, quite strange but very well played.

Post a review of KALABAN "Don't Panic "