LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012

Yes live concerts Wembley Arena London 28th 29th June 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now
Yes live concert at Wembley Arena London 28th of June 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now
Yes live concert at Wembley Arena London 29th of June 1991 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now
Led Zeppelin 2CD San Diego Sports Arena CA May 26, 1973 Like New! Live! USD $25.00 [6 bids]
Live at Long Beach Arena 1976 New CD USD $16.18 Buy It Now
ABBA ?- Live At Wembley Arena - 2CD-JEWEL CASE USD $24.97 Buy It Now
KATIE MELUA - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA CD NEW+ USD $13.84 Buy It Now
Tim Minchin & the Heritage Orchestra Recorded Live, Manchester Arena UK New CD USD $27.99 Buy It Now 44s
ABBA - Live at Wembley Arena USD $13.12 Buy It Now 1h 15m
NEW Pink: Live from Wembley Arena, London, England (DVD) USD $31.62 Buy It Now 5h 57m
N-Dubz Love- Live - Life (Live at the O2 Arena) Official DVD [Non USA PAL Forma USD $22.57 Buy It Now 6h 8m
ADRIANO CELENTANO LIVE IL Concerto Arena Di Verona CD + DVD Set in Box Sealed USD $13.70 Buy It Now 6h 39m
DURAN DURAN "ARENA LIVE" CD NEW+ USD $14.86 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Donny Osmond Soundtrack Of My Life UK Tour 2017 Birmingham Arena Promo Flyer x 3 USD $3.78 Buy It Now 10h 3m
OLLY MURS - RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME - CD & DVD - LIVE FROM THE O2 ARENA USD $6.40 Buy It Now 10h 34m
PINK:- Live From Wembley Arena+Poster - London, England DVD 2007- Excellent USD $1.27 Buy It Now 10h 42m
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA - PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION SEALED! USD $79.99 Buy It Now 11h 21m
U2 live concert McNichols Arena Denver 17th of March 1985 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 12h 13m
Jethro Tull live McNichols Arena Denver 12th August 1976 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 12h 13m
Mega Rare Duran Duran '85 Arena Live On Tour Singapore Cassette CS1158 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Duran Duran 1984 Arena Live Recording G/F EMI UK 12" ELP1487 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Los Van Van Live at Miami Arena CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 42m
HANSON CD 1998 LIVE FROM ALBERTANE MERCURY Seattle Key Arena A USD $2.99 Buy It Now 13h 16m
U2 live concert McNichols Arena Denver 17th of March 1985 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 13h 41m
U2 live concert McNichols Arena Denver 17th of March 1985 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 13h 54m
U2 live concert McNichols Arena Denver 17th of March 1985 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 14h 8m
U2 live concert McNichols Arena Denver 17th of March 1985 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 14h 23m
U2 live concert McNichols Arena Denver 17th of March 1985 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 14h 42m
BEST of BLUR hits CD + bonus disc LIVE at WEMBLEY ARENA beetlebum SONG 2 girls b USD $13.99 Buy It Now 15h 5m
George Michael live Birmingham LG Arena 16th September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 15h 31m
GEORGE MICHAEL 25LIVE TOUR BACKSTAGE PASS SHEET WEMBLEY ARENA DECEMBER 06 ORANGE USD $51.29 Buy It Now 15h 32m
George Michael live Birmingham LG Arena 16th September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 15h 40m
George Michael live Birmingham LG Arena 16th September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 15h 49m
FLORENCE + THE MACHINE LIVE AT THE 02 ARENA DVD - 2016 UNIQUE BRAZIL SEALED RARE USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $13.00 Buy It Now
George Michael live Birmingham LG Arena 16th September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 16h 3m
George Michael live Birmingham LG Arena 16th September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 16h 24m
George Michael live Birmingham LG Arena 17th September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Anticipating Fun: Live Wendler Arena, Sa [VINYL] Alice Cooper Vinyl USD $25.34 Buy It Now 16h 43m
TINA ARENA Burn CD European Columbia 1998 3 Track B/W Heaven Help My Heart Live USD $6.40 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Avett Brothers - Live Vol. Four: Live at PNC Arena, North Carolina 2014 USD $31.44 Buy It Now 21h 28m
Tina Arena: Symphony of Life [Region 4] - DVD - New - Free Shipping. USD $25.88 Buy It Now 23h 11m
GREATEST HITS - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (EUROPEAN IM [USED DVD] USD $4.38 Buy It Now 23h 35m
HALFORD - LIVE AT SAITAMA SUPER ARENA [USED BLU-RAY] USD $23.36 Buy It Now 23h 49m
Iron Maiden live concert O2 Arena London 27th of May 2017 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
HALFORD - LIVE AT SAITAMA SUPER ARENA NEW BLU-RAY USD $26.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Katie Melua - 2008: Live at the O2 Arena [New CD] UK - Import USD $10.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Katie Melua - 2008: Live at the O2 Arena [New CD] UK - Import USD $9.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Kylie X 2008 Live DVD 02 Arena Region 4 PAL USD $11.31 Buy It Now 1 day
THE JAM - MOVE ON UP - LIVE EP WEMBLEY ARENA 7" 45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV 1983 USD $26.30 Buy It Now 1 day
STYX-LIVE AT THE ORLEANS ARENA LAS VEGAS-JAPAN SHM-CD E78 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 1 day
TINA ARENA Symphony of Life RARE AUS 4trk CD Single USD $11.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Bad Company - Live In The UK/Birmingham LG Arena 01-04-2010 (3CD) USD $25.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Bring Me The Horizon: Live At Wembley Arena [DVD] [2015] USD $10.43 Buy It Now 1 day
U2 live concert Meadowlands Arena East Rutherford 15 April 1985 A4 poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at Wembley Arena by ABBA. USD $19.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Io E Te: Arena Live [Bonus DVD] by Gianna Nannini. USD $22.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Tina Arena: Live - The Onstage Collection (CD/DVD) [Region 4] - DVD - New - Free USD $26.45 Buy It Now 1 day
George Michael live Birmingham LG Arena 17th September 2012 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
U2 live concert Reunion Arena Dallas Texas 25th of February 1985 A4 poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Adele live concert at Rogers Arena Vancouver 21st July 2016 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
THE X FACTOR LIVE & S CLUB 7 2015 UK Tour/Concert Flyer Sheffield Arena Britain USD $1.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at Wembley Arena: World Tour 2016 [Video] [12/2] * by Babymetal (Blu-ray... USD $41.28 Buy It Now 1 day
George Michael live Sheffield Motorpoint Arena 1st October 2012 A4 poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
WILL YOUNG:::KEEP ON LIVE TOUR 2006:::CONCERT TICKET:::WEMBLEY ARENA,LONDON USD $3.19 [0 bids]
Rare PEARL JAM LIVE 16-6-00 Spodek Arena Katowice POLAND 2 CD Ed Vedder SEATTLE USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ABBA - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA - RARE DOUBLE CD - VGC - SEE LISTING USD $12.81 [0 bids]
CD Double: Status Quo : The Frantic Four's Final Fling : Live Dublin Arena 2014 USD $22.50 [0 bids]
Hanson - Live From Albertane (1998 CD) Live At The Key Arena Seattle 1998 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
UB40: Live - London O2 Arena 12.12.2009 2 CD Set 2012 4Worlds USA FWUS006CD NEW USD $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN duran ARENA live concert CD + 2 BONUS tracks RIO girls on film WILD BOYS USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jethro Tull live McNichols Arena Denver 12th August 1976 A4 size poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Jethro Tull live Market Square Arena Indianapolis 27th July 1976 A4 poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
U2 live concert Ottawa Civic Centre Arena Ontario 30 March 1985 A4 poster print USD $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
U2 - Live- Under A Blood Red Sky. 12" LP. Rock/Arena/Pop USD $5.12 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Review by Warthur
4 stars A decent live release from the Contagion tour. The band missed a bit of a trick here - whilst it is nice to have a complete live rendition of the Contagion album as disc 1, they could have made the live show a real treat by reincorporating into the running order the additional songs from the Contagion saga which were trimmed from the studio album and distributed amongst the Contagious and Contagium EPs. Then again, at least disc 2 here offers a decent selection of non-Contagion tracks, even if there is a large overlap with the track selection for their previous two live albums. I'd say that Live and Life is probably the first live Arena release you want to track down, since between the track selection on disc 2 and the full Contagion epic it really does offer a live "Best of Arena".

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "