LIVE & LIFE

CD 1:
1. Witch Hunt (4:15)
2. An Angel Falls (1:11)
3. Painted Man (4:22)
4. This Way Madness Lies (3:43)
5. Spectre At The Feast (6:10)
6. Skin Game (4:26)
7. Salamander (3:35)
8. Bitter Harvest (1:17)
9. City Of Lanterns (1:31)
10. Riding The Tide (4:23)
11. Cutting The Cards (5:18)
12. Ascension (5:47)

CD2:
1. Serenity (2:27)
2. Chosen (6:38)
3. Double Vision (4:17)
4. The Hanging Tree (7:12)
5. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (5:23)
6. The Butterfly Man (9:06)
7. Enemy Without (5:37)
8. Solomon (13:47)
9. Jericho (6:42)
10. Crying For Help VII (3:52)

Search ARENA Live & Life lyrics

Search ARENA Live & Life tabs

- Rob Sowden / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitar & backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards & backing vocals
- Ian Salmon / bass
- Mick Pointer / drums

2CD + DVD Verglas VGCD027 UK-2004

and to ratinet for the last updates

ARENA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARENA Live & Life Music

Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2005
Live & LifeLive & Life
Imports 2012

U2 under a blood red sky (live) (original uk press) LP EX+/EX IMA 3 arena rock USD $17.55 Buy It Now 1h
4/6/88pg30 Live Review & Picture, David Lee Roth : St Louis Arena USD $5.94 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Tina Arena RARE 4 TRK AUSTRALIAN CD "SORRENTO MOON" W/-2 LIVE TRKS!!!!! USD $5.25 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Oasis in JAPAN...SOTSOG Tour 2000 , Yokohama Arena live DVD USD $7.91 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Styx - Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas [CD New] Free Shipping USD $4.99 [1 bids]
GEORGE MICHAEL 25LIVE TOUR BLUE BACKSTAGE PASS SHEET WEMBLEY ARENA DECEMBER 2006 USD $6.59 [0 bids]
GEORGE MICHAEL 25LIVE TOUR GREEN BACKSTAGE PASS SHEET WEMBLEY ARENA XMAS 2006 USD $6.59 [0 bids]
KYLIE Live in Concert "Kiss me Once" 2014 UK Arena Tour. Promo card flyers x 2 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 9h 43m
LITTLE MIX Live "Salute" & "Get Weird" 2014/16 UK Arena Tours Promo flyers x 2 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 9h 43m
ELLIE GOULDING Live in Concert" Halcyon" 2013 UK Arena Tour Promo flyers x 4 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 9h 43m
FIFTH HARMONY.... Live "The 7/27" UK Arena Tour 2016. Promo tour flyers x 2 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 9h 43m
GEORGE MICHAEL 25LIVE TOUR PINK BACKSTAGE PASS SHEET WEMBLEY ARENA DECEMBER 2006 USD $6.59 [0 bids]
Live at Wembley BABYMETAL World Tour 2016 Kicks off at The Arena Blu-ray New . USD $63.35 Buy It Now 14h 5m
(CD; 2-Disc Set) Garth Brooks - Double Live; Reunion Arena 1991 [HDCD] USD $10.25 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Tina Arena - Signed Aller Plus Haut/Burn/Symphony of Life/Soul Mate #9 USD $22.64 [0 bids]
STEPS Live "Tears on the Dance Floor" 2017 UK Arena Tour Promo tour flyers x 2 USD $2.57 Buy It Now 1 day
The War Of The Worlds Feat. Jason Donovan Live At O2 Arena A5 tour Flyer Card USD $1.31 [0 bids]
Lisa Live Is Smile Always-Never Ending Glory At Yokohama Arena Dvd Japan New F/S USD $81.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Richie, Lionel: Encore: Live at Wembley Arena Audio CD USD $7.08 Buy It Now 1 day
ABBA LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA COMPLETE ABBA CONCERT 1979 JAPAN 2 SHM CD SET Japan USD $34.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Led Zeppelin Live Arena Legendary Reunion 2 CD SET - WENDY LABEL RARE 2 CD USD $79.20 Buy It Now 1 day
2/7/88pg34 Live Review & Picture, Inxs, Wembley Arena USD $5.94 Buy It Now 1 day
The War Of The Worlds Feat. Jason Donovan Live At O2 Arena A5 tour Flyer Card USD $1.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Halford - Live At Saitama Super Arena - Original Soundtrack - CD - New USD $16.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Pet Shop Boys - Pandemonium [Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009] - USD $14.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Katie Melua - Live at the O2 Arena - CD - New USD $12.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Slip Double: Kasabian : Live 2011 O2 Arena London Numbered Limited Edition 5000 USD $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DEEP PURPLE (ROCK) - LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976 USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $17.13 Buy It Now 1 day
ELVIS PRESLEY Fever Pitch Bloch Arena Pearl Harbor HI March 25, 1961 USD $40.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DURAN DURAN ~ Arena Live Vinyl LP Album 1984 Parlophone UK 10 Tracks USD $7.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Duran Duran ARENA (Live) Gatefold LP Ex/con Original 1st Press. USD $3.95 [0 bids]
LIVE AT WEMBLEY BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2016 kicks off at THE SSE ARENA CD Japan USD $43.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KINGS OF LEON LIVE AT THE 02 ARENA LONDON ENGLAND BRAND NEW SEALED R1 DVD USD $11.32 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT WEMBLEY BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2016 kicks off at THE SSE ARENA CD Japan USD $45.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALTER BRIDGE CD - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA + RARITIES [3 DISCS](2017) - NEW UNOPENED USD $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PEARL JAM - LIVE CARDIFF INTERNATIONAL ARENA WALES 2 X CD ALBUM 2001 USD $2.45 [2 bids]
NEW Green Card Tour: Live From the O2 Arena (DVD) USD $27.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at Wembley Arena by ABBA (CD, Sep-2014, 2 Discs, Polydor) * NEW * USD $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Arena Long Beach May 83 Wa-Do-Dem Live by Eek-a-Mouse USD $10.94 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best-live-Reunion Arena Dallas Texas on 7th May 1990. by Madonna USD $15.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Deep Purple Live At Long Beach Arena 1976 UK vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $55.87 Buy It Now 2 days
TINA ARENA GREATEST HITS LIVE DVD ALL REGIONS NTSC & CD NEW USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Babymetal - Live At Wembley Arena [New CD] UK - Import USD $13.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Bob Dylan ?-Wembley Arena rare 2cd live no-Tarantura USD $22.99 [0 bids]
USD $34.00 Buy It Now
BAD COMPANY: Live at Wembley Arena Import Audio CD USD $19.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Paolo Conte / Live Arena Di Verona (Atlantic/5051011130427) 2xCD ALBUM USD $82.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Babymetal - Live At Wembley Arena [New CD] UK - Import USD $14.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Live At The Orleans Arena Las Vegas ... USD $14.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Dozin' at the Knick: Live at Knickerbocker Arena by Grateful Dead (CD, Oct-1996, USD $5.75 [1 bids]
Live at Wembley Arena by ABBA (CD, Sep-2014, 2 Discs, Polydor) SEALED VG USD $13.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Pearl Jam Live Official Bootleg #9 Cardiff Wales 06/06/2000 Cardiff Int'l Arena USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
2 Cellos CD / DVD Live At Arena Pula **EL NUEVO* NOW SHIPPING ! USD $16.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Tina Arena - Symphony of Life [New CD] Bonus DVD, PAL Region 0 USD $13.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Duran Duran, Arena, Excellent Live, Original recording reissue USD $7.47 Buy It Now 2 days
BARREN CROSS Atomic Arena cassette tape Christian metal 1988 pro-life USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OPUS Live Is Life - 1985 UK 7" - Arena Rock - BARGAIN! USD $1.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Oasis Live at the wembley arena mexican edition 1 DVD reg 1,4 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WONDERLICK - Topless At Arco Arena - CD - Live - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
TINA ARENA Burn CD European Columbia 1998 3 Track B/W Heaven Help My Heart Live USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2 days
DEEP PURPLE (ROCK) - LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976 NEW CD USD $20.91 Buy It Now 2 days
KATIE MELUA - LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA CD NEW+ USD $14.17 Buy It Now 2 days
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe - [email protected] Arena 29/10/1989 2CD VERY RARE ABWH USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
2CELLOS LIVE AT ARENA ZAGREB DVD ALL REGIONS NEW USD $11.24 Buy It Now 2 days
UB40 LIVE 02 ARENA LONDON 12 DEC 2009 2 CD SET NEW FREE POSTAGE USD $19.79 [0 bids]
Audio CD: I Heard A Voice - Live From Long Beach Arena, AFI. Good Cond. Live. 60 USD $16.63 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Pink: Live from Wembley Arena, London, England (DVD) USD $27.14 Buy It Now 3 days
N-Dubz Love- Live - Life (Live at the O2 Arena) Official DVD [Non USA PAL Forma USD $23.37 Buy It Now 3 days
DURAN DURAN "ARENA LIVE" CD NEW+ USD $14.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Live at Wembley Arena [LP] by ABBA (Vinyl, Sep-2014, 3 Discs, Polydor) USD $129.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DEEP PURPLE-DEEP PURPLE MKIV- LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA 1976-JAPAN CD USD $53.06 Buy It Now 3 days
THE VAMPS Live at London 02 Arena EP CD - CD Album Damaged Case USD $6.86 Buy It Now 3 days
Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities [9/8] * by Alter Bridge (CD, Sep-2017, 3 Discs, USD $7.42 [0 bids]
USD $15.53 Buy It Now
Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities [9/8] by Alter Bridge (CD, Sep-2017, 3 Discs,... USD $20.54 Buy It Now 3 days
Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities - Alter Bridge 840588109951 (CD Used Like New) USD $21.57 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE JUDO ARENA - PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION SEALED! USD $79.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mega Rare Duran Duran '85 Arena Live On Tour Singapore Cassette CS1158 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Duran Duran 1984 Arena Live Recording G/F EMI UK 12" ELP1487 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Pearl Jam Live Cardiff International Arena Wales 6-6-2000 2 Disc CD Album Set USD $14.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Pearl Jam Live Wembley Arena London England 5-30-2000 2 Disc CD Album Set USD $14.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Pearl Jam Live Fila Forum Arena Milan Italy 6-22-2000 2 Disc CD Album Set USD $14.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Tina Arena Live for the one I love Soda club mixes promo USD $3.29 [0 bids]
Alter Bridge - Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities [New CD] UK - Import USD $23.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Alter Bridge - Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities [New CD] UK - Import USD $25.80 Buy It Now 3 days
PEARL JAM Live Official Bootleg Praha Czech Republic 6/14/2000 Paegas Arena CD USD $39.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Live At Wembley Arena - Bad Company (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Avett Brothers - Live Vol. Four: Live at PNC Arena, North Carolina 2014 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Bad Company - Live at Wembley Arena [New CD] USD $16.95 Buy It Now 3 days
GREATEST HITS - LIVE AT WEMBLEY ARENA (EUROPEAN IM USED - VERY GOOD DVD USD $4.10 Buy It Now 3 days
Kylie X 2008 Live DVD 02 Arena Region 4 PAL USD $11.33 Buy It Now 3 days
Bad Company - Live at Wembley Arena [New CD] USD $18.32 Buy It Now 3 days
Symphony of Life by Tina Arena. USD $20.38 Buy It Now 3 days
TINA ARENA Symphony of Life RARE AUS 4trk CD Single USD $9.78 Buy It Now 4 days
Bring Me The Horizon: Live At Wembley Arena [DVD] [2015] USD $10.73 Buy It Now 4 days
STYX-LIVE AT THE ORLEANS ARENA LAS VEGAS-JAPAN SHM-CD E78 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 4 days
UB40 - Live At The O2 Arena London 12 12 2009: Volume 2 - Vinyl (2xLP) USD $16.17 Buy It Now 4 days
ALTER BRIDGE-LIVE AT THE O2 ARENA +RARITIES-JAPAN 3 CD J24 USD $38.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Dire Straits Live In 85/6 UK tour programme TOUR PROGRAMME ARENA INTERNATIONAL USD $30.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Live at Wembley Arena: World Tour 2016 [Video] [12/2] * by Babymetal (Blu-ray... USD $43.82 Buy It Now 4 days
Alter Bridge-Live At The O2 Arena & Rarities CD NEW USD $41.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Pearl Jam - Glasgow - Live - 03-6-00 - SECC Arena - 2 CD USD $9.18 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy ARENA music online Buy ARENA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ARENA Live & Life ratings distribution

ARENA Live & Life reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Best Neo Prog Live Acts

When this box set was displayed at local CD store down here in Jakarta, I was in a big doubt whether to buy it or not. Two reasons: 1. As the title in the box set mentioning that this is The Contagion Tour 2003 and I have got the DVD Caught In The Act that's basically the same tour, I thought that buying this box set would be of waste, especially with US$ 25.7 price tag was quite expensive for me. 2. There is no track list displayed visible to potential buyers that created another doubt, what's inside? But there's an information that it contains 2 live CDs plus bonus DVD that represents 40- minute documentary about the tour. Anyway, I didn't buy it and in fact I don't need to worry as there are 2 sets displayed, I took chance not to buy it. The day after, my prog mate Tatan called me up at my cell phone informing that he saw the box set and willing to purchase it. I checked the set at progarchives.com and see the track list and content. Well, I made decision to ask Tatan to reserve the other set for me. I went back to the store the same day and here I am with the box set!

I only had a chance to play this set at first time using my son's compo system when I arrived at home as when I was in the car I played another prog CD that I bought in that store - CONDITION RED first and second album (hey, this band must be featured here! It's prog to the corner man! Derek Sherinian, Alex Masi are contributing here). OK, for the Arena box set, to my surprise, even though the track list is similar with the Caught In The Act DVD but the live set was shot at different venues - taken from various stages during their Contagion European tour. First, I am amazed with the sonic quality of the live CD. It's so perfect hi-fi-wise and also technically as I don't here any technical glitches as usually I find in live records. Especially, when I played this CD with much more decent stereo set with LOUD volume, I could hear all sounds were produced perfectly, wide dynamic range, with all instruments and vocals can be heard in great details clearly. I don't believe that it's a live record! Second, on performance this live CDs offer much more dynamic and more lively performance of all musicians in the band. Especially, the guitar work by John Mitchell is much more alive and stunning compared to Caught In The Act DVD. Ian Salmon plays his bass wonderfully with some improvisations and inventive notes. WOW!!!!

On Performance

As in the DVD set, the live set begins with an energetic song taken from the Contagion album opener Witch Hunt. The music is delivered by the band lively with more dynamic sound. John Mitchell demonstrates his best skills in delivering high register notes guitar solo throughout the song. I think he is one of the best prog guitarist nowadays. Ian Salmon solid basslines also another place to observe as throughout the song he plays the bass guitar dynamically. Clive Nolan? Who would argue for his killing keyboard fills that characterize the neo-progness of ARENA music? Excellent. Rob Sowden brings his vocal power in his performance. "Exile! You show no mercy .." oh .. what a great lyrical piece and music segment. Mick Pointer plays his drums set wondefully - providing good fills especially during transitions.

The first four-track set is performed continuously and it's something that you should not miss any second of listening to them in its entirety. It's so energetic, so powerful and it has great music flow from Witch Hunt - An Angel Falls - Painted Man - This Way Madness Lies (instrumental). This Way Madness Lies projects an image of true dynamic of the four-track piece. It gives chance to John Mitchell and Ian Salmon demonstrate their work in an attractive way. Stunning!

The band then delivers mellower track Spectre at the Feast with low register notes voice, typical neo prog vein, continued with more uplifting one Skin Game, Salamander. Well, if you are familiar with ARENA you must have known that all tracks listed on CD one is basically coming from Contagion album. It ends up beautifully with Ascension. Disc One is a masterpiece: composition-wise and the band's performance!

Disc Two contains materials from the band's classic tracks of previous albums: The Visitor, Immortal?, Songs from The Lions Cage and Pride. It starts beautifully with Floydian guitar work by John Mitchell with Serenity (The Visitor album). He performs his guitar playing wonderfully: soft touch and great melodies. It continues with my favorite track from Immortal? album Chosen where, again, John Mitchell demonstrates his killing melodies during guitar solo interlude. I have to tell you that I'd rather listen to this live version than the original studio version. It's so LIVEly! Clive Nolan's keyboard solo is much more better here. Bravo Arena!!! Your musicianship represent maturity! "Freedom of speech but you have no voice. Freedom of spirit but we have no choice!". It flows seamlessly to Double Vision with an uplifting mode.

The Hanging Tree is another great track from The Visitor album performed excellently. Another favorite of mine (Don't Forget To) Breathe is also performed wonderfully. It starts beautifully with a musical loop and some soft riffs and powerful vocal line. I like the guitar part after fist lyrical verse. It's rocking man!!! Yeah .!! Arena rulez ..!!! This is the kind of music that's truly memorable. Oh my God . I cannot bear it anymore, it's so stunning! The other follow-up tracks are also excellently performed: The Butterfly Man and Enemy Without (I like the guitar solo at the end of the track). Well, it seems like it's the end of the performance. But, the band adds some other three tracks as its encore: Solomon (13:47), Jericho (6:42), and Crying For Help VII (3:52). Even though Rob was not the original singer of Solomon but he performs wonderfully here. For those who are familiar with early albums of Arena would agree with me on this. It's a great encore!

On DVD Documentary

Disc Three is basically a 40-minute DVD documentary of LIFE ON TOUR. It has only single menu offered here: PLAY. And you can see all various activities of the performance from preparation, execution (the show) and after the show interviews. As with any DVD offer, I always enjoy this documentary. Hey, I live in "rest of the world" country where live performance from prog bands from the west is just a dream that's hard to materialize. So, I always enjoy the live footage: all stage preparation, instrument setups, rehearsals, fans interview about the show, the Y-NOT Volvo truck and the comments of the tour bus driver, lighting technician, video technician, tour manager - all are good views for me. I imagine if they play down here in Jakarta, I will participate of course . But again, for people who live in rest of the world countries and love Arena will find this documentary worth seeing. BTW, throughout the film there are some spots of the live acts by the band in various places.

Summary

I have no single regret at all buying this box set of limited edition (only 10,000 copies printed). Performance wise it's a masterpiece. Selection of tracks is also excellent. Sonic quality is beyond expectation as usually live records have not so good audio quality. This one has excellent dynamic range and you must play it LOUD. Of BTW, the audience handclapping and shouting have also made this set lively. Don't miss this box set. On overall rating, I'm already biased now as I cannot afford to put anything less than full five stars rating. I will not back-off from the view of giving five star and ready to take the blame of biasness. What can I do my friend? It's a terrific set! Keep on proggin' .!

Progressively yours,

GW

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars Arena is a very good live band. They have regularly produced great live recordings and this one is definitely on par with all the previous ones.

This live one is of course pretty much centered on their last studio release "Contagion". It was a very good album, and no less than twelve numbers (out of sixteen) are taken from it. It represents the whole of the first CD. This is only justice to one of their best albums. But Arena has never produced a weak one - IMHHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Second CD is a great kaleidoscope of their career although I believe that the setlist from the "Immortal" numbers could have been more original. If you except "Breathe", each number played here were present on their previous live album bizarrely called "In Biarritz" (while being recorded in Amsterdam). Actually this live album was recorded in Poland. I would have anticipated that Arena would have chosen The Netherlands to do so since they are extremely popular in this country (as well as in Germany).

Of course the prog interest in Poland (but probably the rock interest in general) is enourmous for this big country (over than forty millions inhabitants) which has been for so long ignored (for the reasons we all know) from the rock concerts. I really believe that their people just deserve to get as much as rock music as possible. And the country has delivered really great prog bands as well.

Two of the three encores do belong to the best Arena's repertoire. "Solomon" and "Jericho" are great rock anthems. It will always be a pleasure to listen to those ones. The last time they were included on a live record was in 1997 for "Welcome To The Stage" (another great live album, BTW).

This double CD set will end with "Crying For Help VII" which is the traditional end of an Arena concert.

I really recommend this live album. It gives a perfect idea of their studio ones. It is also a cheaper way to get into Arena's repertoire. If you get hold of their three live albums so far, you'll get the essence of their whole studio recordings and save some substantial ? or $ or .

An even better investment is to get hold of their DVD "Caught In The Act". It holds the same tracklist + some bonuses for even cheaper (on the marketplace of a well known on-line reseller). Four stars.

Review by Warthur
3 stars A decent live release from the Contagion tour. The band missed a bit of a trick here - whilst it is nice to have an (almost) complete live rendition of the Contagion album as disc 1, they could have made the live show a real treat by reincorporating into the running order the additional songs from the Contagion saga which were trimmed from the studio album and distributed amongst the Contagious and Contagium EPs. Then again, at least disc 2 here offers a decent selection of non-Contagion tracks, even if there is a large overlap with the track selection for their previous two live albums.

One thing Live and Life does particularly well is tease out what makes this era of the band stand out - namely, that whilst they at times seem to be rehashing old ground in the "prog" stakes, they inject a healthy dose of high-energy *RAWK* into the "rock" side of the "neo-prog rock" equation. Your enjoyment of Arena's 2000s releases, I suspect, will largely hinge on whether or not you consider that an improvement by your personal standards and tastes.

5 stars Live & Life is one of my all time favourite live albums. every song on the double CD is presented with skill and passion, and received by an appreciative crowd, giving the whole thing an excellent feel. The tracks have been amply covered in Gatot's review so I won't repeat the list, but will p ... (read more)

Report this review (#100187) | Posted by laghtnans | Friday, November 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARENA "Live & Life "