SQUARING THE CIRCLE

Soniq Theater

Soniq Theater Squaring The Circle album cover

Buy SONIQ THEATER Music
Studio Album, released in 2018

1. Squaring the Circle (6:21)
2. Circus Ponies on the Run (5:00)
3. The Unbearable Lightness of Being (5:50)
4. Strange Times and Odd Days (5:42)
5. Kissing the Sun (2:27)
6. Pink Panda (5:46)
7. Flying Dolphins (4:40)
8. Spirallels (4:17)
9. Welcome to Absurdistan (2:24)
10. Paradox (6:00)
11. April Snow (3:08)

- Alfred Mueller / All Instruments

Format: Digital
January 16, 2018

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition

Buy SONIQ THEATER Squaring The Circle Music

More places to buy SONIQ THEATER music online Buy SONIQ THEATER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SONIQ THEATER Squaring The Circle ratings distribution

SONIQ THEATER Squaring The Circle reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
3 stars Another year, another Soniq Theater album, and amazingly enough this is the eighteenth by keyboard player Alfred Mueller. I'm pretty sure I have heard all of them, along with the album he recorded with Rachel's Birthday, and for this one he has definitely taken a different tack. Often one would say that for the most part his playing is an amalgam of artists such as Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre and Rick Wakeman, but I was surprised at just how much like Wakeman the first few songs of this album come across as. By the end of the second track, "Circus Ponies On The Run", I was already thinking that this could well be his best album to date.

If he could just get hold of "proper" drummer instead of a machine then I am sure that some of these songs would be lifted to a whole new level. Although the complete album didn't quite manage to live up to the promise of the opening tracks, I do believe that this is his best album to date, quite a statement when one thinks how many he has released so far. Alfred has been working as a solo artist for many years now, but this release did make me wonder what it would be like if he could find some like-minded musicians to make this into a full band, now that would be something to hear. As it is, I really enjoyed the album, and it is available for "name your price" on his Bandcamp site so why not give him a try?

Post a review of SONIQ THEATER "Squaring The Circle"