LOST ON THE ROAD TO ETERNITY

Magnum

Magnum Lost On The Road To Eternity album cover

Buy MAGNUM Music
Studio Album, released in 2018

1. Peaches and Cream (4:54)
2. Show Me Your Hands (5:45)
3. Storm Baby (6:13)
4. Welcome to the Cosmic Cabaret (8:08)
5. Lost on the Road to Eternity (5:54)
6. Without Love (5:55)
7. Tell Me What You've Got to Say (6:27)
8. Ya Wanna Be Someone (5:56)
9. Forbidden Masquerade (5:02)
10.Glory to Ashes (5:35)
11. King of the World (7:04)

CD 2 (bonus live CD)

1. Sacred Blood - Divine Lies (6:48)
2. Crazy Old Mothers (5:35)
3. Your Dreams Won't Die (5:56)
4. Twelve Men Wise And Just (6:21)

- Tony Clarkin / guitars
- Bob Catley / vocals
- Rick Benton / keyboards
- Al Barrow / bass
- Lee Morris / drums

Guest:
- Tobias Sammet / vocals (5)
- Wolf Kerschek orchestra / arrangements (5)

Steamhammer / SPV
19 January 2018
CD, DigiPak incl. bonus live CD
2 LP + CD (in paper sleeve), Double Gatefold, printed inner sleeves, purple 180gr. vinyl

Thanks to aapatsos for the addition
and to aapatsos for the last updates

Buy MAGNUM Lost On The Road To Eternity Music

Lost On The Road To EternityLost On The Road To Eternity
Steamhammer 2018
$14.39
Lost on the Road to EternityLost on the Road to Eternity
Imports 2018
$26.95

More places to buy MAGNUM music online Buy MAGNUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MAGNUM Lost On The Road To Eternity ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(31%)

MAGNUM Lost On The Road To Eternity reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
4 stars Back in 1980 I was perusing through a record store, when I came across a double single by a band I hadn't heard of. I was intrigued by the format, liked the fact it was a cheap price, so bought it unheard and went home. The Magnum Live EP featured four songs recorded at the same time, but not featured on, the live album 'Marauder' which was my very next purchase, soon to be followed by the two studio albums. I then started following their career with interest, and thought the following two albums were amazing, only to be blown by the fifth, 'On A Storyteller's Night'. I managed to see them in concert multiple times in the Eighties, and was devastated when the band decided to call it a day. Of course, after working together as Hard Rain, singer Bob Catley and guitarist/songwriter Tony Clarkin couldn't resist using the old name again and a new band was formed. So, here they are, back with their twentieth studio album and although bassist Al Barrow has been there since 2001, both keyboardist Rick Benton and drummer Lee Morris are new additions.

For one reason or another I have lost touch with the band over the years; the last album I recall hearing was 2004's 'Brand New Morning', but just putting this on and it was as if they had never been away. Tony crunches the pomp rock riffs like no other, rarely soloing, while Bob Catley has always been one of finest singers around, whether in the studio or in concert. When I first played this I was convinced that it was just another Magnum album that I had come across over the years, not really any better or worse, but the more I listened to it I started to realise that this was actually the best Magnum album I had come across for many years. In fact, possibly the best since those heady days in the Eighties when I was singing "How Far Jerusalem" along with everyone else in the crowd (strange fact: the first time I ever saw IQ was when they supported Magnum at the Hammy O). Tony seems to have a new enthusiasm, and given that he is now 71 he is showing no sign at all of slowing down! If like me you were a Magnum fan who felt they had gone off the boil, then track this out and listen to "Welcome To The Cosmic Cabaret" and you won't be disappointed.

3 stars This album could possibly be their best since Wings of Heaven. The production isn't as loud and distorted as their recent outings. The band sounds young and energetic, like they sounded in the days of Storyteller's Night and Chase the Dragon. The first thing that is noticable is that Mark St ... (read more)

Report this review (#1867690) | Posted by Kingsnake | Friday, January 19, 2018 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MAGNUM "Lost On The Road To Eternity"