SEVENTEEN

Studio Album, released in 2018

1. Somebody (3:04)
2. La Peregrina (11:42)
3. Falling (3:08)
4. Feathers and Tar (3:14)
5. Walk Through Fire (10:23)
6. Ripples on the Water (3:40)
7. All that I Want (3:47)
8. X Marks the Spot (1:58)
9. God on Our Side (3:30)
10. Love, Sail Away (3:12)
11. Cracks (8:50)
12. To an End (3:32)

Bonus CD from 2018 SE - Demos 2016 :
1. Cracks (10:16)
2. La Peregrina (12:21)
3. Falling (3:00)
4. Walk Through Fire (10:41)

- Bart Schwertman / vocals
- Marcel Singor / guitar
- Ton Scherpenzeel / keyboards, bass, vocals, composer, arranger & producer
- Lean Robbemont / drums

With:
- Andy Latimer / electric & acoustic guitars (6)
- Izak Boom / banjo & ukulele (9)
- Rens Van Der Zalm / fiddle (10)
- Kristoffer Gildenl÷w / bass (11)
- Nico Outhuijse / percussion, backing vocals, mixing

Artwork: Denis Schoen

2xCD Inside Out Music ‎- IOMSECD 498 (2018, Germany) Bonus EP with 4 demo tracks from 2016

2xLP Inside Out Music ‎- IOMLP 498 (2018, Germany)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy KAYAK Seventeen Music

SeventeenSeventeen
Insideoutmusic 2018
$10.58
SeventeenSeventeen
Imports 2018
$27.98
Coming Up for Air by Kayak (2008-01-17)Coming Up for Air by Kayak (2008-01-17)
Just for Kicks

Kayak-Seventeen VINYL NEW USD $47.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak - Seventeen [New CD] UK - Import USD $16.65 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - Seventeen [New CD] UK - Import USD $15.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - Seventeen [New Vinyl LP] UK - Import USD $24.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak Seventeen-Lp+Cd Gatefold- vinyl 3 LP NEW sealed USD $44.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Kayak-Seventeen CD NEW USD $29.02 Buy It Now 7 days
KAYAK - SEVENTEEN - NEW VINYL LP USD $29.13 Buy It Now 14 days
KAYAK - SEVENTEEN 2 VINYL LP+CD NEW+ USD $38.22 Buy It Now 15 days
Kayak - Seventeen [CD] USD $17.76 Buy It Now 16 days
Kayak Seventeen Vinyl 2 LP NEW sealed USD $44.04 Buy It Now 16 days
Kayak - Seventeen [New CD] With DVD, Shm CD, Japan - Import USD $33.86 Buy It Now 17 days
Seventeen - 2 DISC SET - Kayak (CD New) 4527516603618 USD $34.01 Buy It Now 17 days
New Seventeen - Kayak - Rock & Pop Music Vinyl USD $43.89 Buy It Now 19 days
2018 KAYAK Seventeen JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD + BONUS DISC USD $39.80 Buy It Now 19 days
KAYAK SEVENTEEN 2 CD DIGIPAK NEW USD $16.50 Buy It Now 22 days
Kayak - Seventeen NEW CD USD $15.63 Buy It Now 23 days
KAYAK - SEVENTEEN - 2LP+CD / TRANSPARENT ORANGE VINYL / LIM. TO 200PCS USD $89.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Seventeen Kayak Audio CD USD $67.63 Buy It Now 23 days
Kayak-Seventeen (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $25.87 Buy It Now 28 days
Kayak - Seventeen (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $29.13 Buy It Now 28 days
Kayak - Seventeen (NEW 2CD) USD $16.77 Buy It Now 29 days
KAYAK - SEVENTEEN SEALED 2 CD SPEC EDT DIGI 2018 GUEST ANDY LATIMER CAMEL USD $18.69 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy KAYAK music online Buy KAYAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KAYAK Seventeen ratings distribution

KAYAK Seventeen reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Let me start by saying that I've never listened to Kayak prior to the release of this album. This is quite a shame since I've now gone back and explored some of their catalogue and found it to be quite impressive. So if you're in the same spot as me and love crossover prog bands like Supertramp, Barclay James Harvest, ELO, Procol Harum etc then don't hesitate and give Kayak a go.

My first encounter with Kayak occurred just a few months ago when I stumbled upon a video trailer for Seventeen on InsideOutMusicTV YouTube channel. I have heard of Kayak before but somehow assumed that they were similar to their countrymen Golden Earring and thus was nothing that would interest me. The music that I've heard in the trailer really sparked my interest due to the strong melodies, stellar keyboard work from Kayak veteran Ton Scherpenzeel and the interesting band lineup that featured Kristoffer Gildenl÷w (ex-Pain of Salvation, For All We Know) on bass and Collin Leijenaar (ex-Neal Morse) on drums/percussion. The album was due in early 2018 and I was quite interested in hearing more of the material. I went on Spotify and found three singles All that I Want, Feathers and Tar and the shorter version of La Peregrina. All that I Want was easily the least progressive of the bunch but featured strong verse and chorus that made it enjoyable for me. Feathers and Tar and La Peregrina completely stole the show for me. Both of the songs begin with very melodic guitar style of Marcel Singor and he is, together with Ton Scherpenzeel, the one that has the most time in the spotlight during the album's duration. Singor really made an impression on me and I'm interested in hearing more of his other work in the future.

There was just no way that I could let this album pass me by so I did the obvious and ordered the 2-CD edition of the album from Kayak's website. Once I got the album, I must have played it at least a dozen times without every getting tired of the material. Once the opening track Somebody starts playing there's just no way for me to stop the album from going all the way to the last track To An End. Beside the shorter songs and interludes like X Marks The Spot and Ripples On The Water (featuring Andy Latimer on guitar), there are three centerpieces in the form of La Peregrina, Walk Through Fire and Cracks . I'd say that La Peregrina is easily my favorite out of the three and I really enjoy it musically and contextually (story about the famous pearl La Peregrina throughout different eras with reflections on immortality of objects and the mortality of men who think that they can own the pearl). This 12 minute opus feels much shorter than its playtime might imply and I still haven't gotten tired of this composition and all of its twists and turns. Walk Through Fire is probably the composition that has grown on me the most over time. At first, I didn't think much about the lyrics and the melodies but it did sort of fall into place eventually and Walk Through Fire is definitely a great piece of music that most prog fans will enjoy. Cracks is the last of the three longer compositions on Seventeen and is definitely my least favorite. I feel that the structure of this composition is all over the place and it lacks the melodic punch that Ton Scherpenzeel is usually known for with his material.

Even though we're still in the beginning of the year, I'm very certain that Seventeen will be one of my top 10 favorite albums that I will take with me from 2018. Not only does the album deliver in its centerpieces but there are just so many great moments spread out all over this album that makes for a great overall experience!

***** star songs: Somebody (3:04) La Peregrina (11:42) Falling (3:08) Feathers And Tar (3:14) God On Our Side (3:30)

**** star songs: Walk Through Fire (10:23) Ripples On The Water (3:40) All that I Want (3:47) X Marks The Spot (1:58) Love, Sail Away (3:12) To An End (3:32)

*** star songs: Cracks (8:50)

5 stars Kayak is a Dutch band that was formed in the early 70's. The band was active from 1973 up to 1982, during which, they released 8 studio albums. In 1999, the band was re-formed and they are active since then. Almost a month ago, they released their new studio album named as Seventeen; which, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1871721) | Posted by The Jester | Saturday, February 3, 2018 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Finally came the new album "Seventeen" of the famous Dutch band Kayak! This is their 17th album too. The band was founded in Hilversum, the Netherlands in 1972, and dissolved in 1982, but reorganized in 1999 and is still active today. Initially their style was the most popular symphony of the time, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1866457) | Posted by mitarai_panda | Saturday, January 13, 2018 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KAYAK "Seventeen"