EX EYE

Experimental/Post Metal

Ex Eye Ex Eye album cover

Buy EX EYE Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1. Xenolith; The Anvil (3:55)
2. Opposition/Perihelion; The Coil (12:29)
3. Anaitis Hymnal; The Arkose Disc (11:56)
4. Form Constant; The Grid (8:08)
5. Tten Crows : The Corruptor (bonus track digital only) (12:01)

Search EX EYE Ex Eye lyrics

Search EX EYE Ex Eye tabs

- Colin Stetson / sax, bass
- Greg Fox / drums
- Shahzad Ismaily / keyboards, bass
- Toby Summerfield / guitar

CD/Digital/ LP released on Relapse Records July 23, 2017

Thanks to rdtprog for the addition

EX EYE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EX EYE Ex Eye Music

Ex EyeEx Eye
Relapse 2017
Vinyl$19.97

EX RARE 1958 DJ PROMO album JOHNNY CASH Songs of Our Soil 6 EYE original MONO lp USD $49.26 Buy It Now
Frank Sinatra "That Old Feeling" LP EX+ DG Six Eye Orig Mono Tommy Dorsey Nancy USD $11.99 Buy It Now
BLACK BOX 7" VINYL P/S OPEN YOUR EYES GROOVE GROOVE MELODY REMIXES EX " USD $4.14 Buy It Now
Danielle Dax ?- Dark Adapted Eye LP 1988 1st Press Vinyl NM Cover EX Record USD $33.49 Buy It Now
ART GARFUNKEL 7" VINYL I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU CBS J/B EX ' USD $4.14 Buy It Now
Barbara Trucks Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain 7" 45 Gusto promo EX USD $11.99 Buy It Now
KENNY ROGERS Eyes That See In The Dark 1983 OZ RCA/Starcall EX/EX USD $7.92 Buy It Now 30m 1s
WET WET WET - ANGEL EYES - 7" VINYL SINGLE EX USD $5.62 [0 bids]
Sons Of Champlin ORIG UK LP Loving is why '77 EX Ariola Folk Rock Blue eyed Soul USD $14.22 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Frankie Miller that's who ORIG UK EP EX '77 Chrysalis CHS2184 Blue eyed soul USD $15.02 Buy It Now 2h 8m
ROGER HODGSON (LP) IN THE EYE OF THE STORM [DUTCH 1984 VINYL ALBUM SUPERTRAMP]EX USD $16.95 Buy It Now 2h 8m
GO WEST WE CLOSE OUR EYES 7" VINYL FREE POST EX CON P/S USD $4.06 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Go West - We Close Our Eyes / Missing Persons, Chrysalis CHS-12-2850 Ex USD $8.14 Buy It Now 2h 30m
KINDRED SPIRIT (FROM THE BANGLES) - HERE IN MY EYES CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE EX USD $3.78 Buy It Now 3h 10m
SHEENA EASTON 'For Your Eyes Only' Orig OZ Liberty 45 rpm EX 1981 James Bond USD $3.96 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Barclay J.Harvest - 'Eyes' UK Polydor LP w/inner. Ex! USD $8.41 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Sweet - The Lies In Your Eyes 7" - RCA 2641 - Ex USD $7.72 Buy It Now 6h 10m
BARRY WHITE-For Your Love/Love Is In Your Eyes UK 7" EX Cond USD $5.55 Buy It Now 6h 46m
EMILE FORD the eyes of mr/the man who's got the lot ICLPS 001 DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX USD $11.22 Buy It Now 6h 48m
ROSIE ANIA eyes of a woman 12 ISP 461 picture disc uk island 1990 12" WS EX/ USD $11.22 Buy It Now 6h 51m
PRISM see forever eyes ARL 5014 A1/B1 1st press uk ariola 1978 LP PS EX/EX sos USD $11.22 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Go West - We Close Our Eyes 12" - CHS 12 2850 - Ex USD $9.81 Buy It Now 6h 52m
TRASH CAN SCHOOL one eyed car/subway shriek/satan's... yellow vinyl 7" PS EX/EX USD $6.14 Buy It Now 6h 54m
WET WET WET angel eyes/we can love JEWEL 6 card sleeve 7" PS EX/EX USD $6.14 Buy It Now 6h 54m
SURVIVOR eye of the tiger/take you on a saturday SCTA2411 rocky 3 uk 7" PS EX/EX USD $6.14 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Ultravox - Dancing With Tears In my Eyes 7" - UV 1 - Ex USD $4.56 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Chaka Khan ?- Eye To Eye 7" - W9009 - Ex USD $4.56 Buy It Now 7h 47m
THE CASINOS ORG '67 MONO WL PROMO! BLUE-EYED-SOUL THEN YOU CAN TELL ME EX/VG++! USD $60.00 Buy It Now 7h 51m
COLUMBIA 6-EYE The Most Happy Fella LOESSER Original Cast WEEDE OL-5118 EX+ USD $5.95 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters 7" 45RPM single 1958 AMT 1016 *EX-* USD $1.39 [0 bids]
COLUMBIA 6-EYE Wonderful Town ROSALIND RUSSELL Leonard Bernstein OL-5360 EX USD $2.95 Buy It Now 8h 9m
The Hills Have Eyes 2006 by tomandandy Ex-library USD $21.60 Buy It Now 8h 22m
SWEET=THE LIES IN YOUR EYES EX+ USD $1.39 [2 bids]
SLEEVELESS LP : EX- !! Junior's Eyes/Battersea Power Station/1969 Regal LP USD $42.11 [1 bids]
SLEEVELESS LP : EX- !! Nirvana/All Of Us/1968 Island LP/Pink Eye Label USD $58.97 [2 bids]
9h
1976 Flora Purim ?- Open Your Eyes You Can Fly LP GF EX/VG+ Milestone M-9065 USD $12.25 Buy It Now 9h 13m
EX !! Steve Adams/Self Titled/1977 Minds Eye LP/Rare Folk USD $42.11 Buy It Now 9h 16m
BUZZ CLIFFORD 1961 LP BABY SITTING WITH BUZZ ORIG USA COLUMBIA 6-EYE CS 8416 EX- USD $119.56 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Hanover ?- Hungry Eyes MISS PRINT PLEASE CHECK SIDE A EX-- USD $56.16 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Peter Gabriel So Orig.Geffen1986 US "Sledgehammer" "Red Rain" "In Your Eyes" EX+ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Depeche Mode - World In My Eyes RARE Japan PROMO Edt. ALFA 1990 ALCB-159 EX/NM USD $79.00 Buy It Now 10h 23m
BEADY EYE THE ROLLER  1  TRACK CD PROMO EX/EX+ USD $4.20 [0 bids]
Art Garfunkel - Bright Eyes / Kehaar's Theme - CBS 6947 Ex Condition USD $3.26 Buy It Now 10h 48m
Vicky Leandros - The Love In Your Eyes - Philips 6000-081 - JUKEBOX READY - Ex USD $3.48 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Shakin' Stevens - What Do Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For 7" Single SHAKY 5 EX USD $2.09 Buy It Now 10h 56m
DAVID SOUL Going In With My Eyes Open Vinyl 7 Inch Private Stock PVT 99 1977 EX USD $5.60 Buy It Now 11h 3m
VELOCITY GIRL Audrey's eyes 7" CLEAR INDIE ALT SUB POP EX/EX USD $7.01 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Nate Young(Wolf Eyes),Stay Asleep:Regression Vol.2 LP, Merzbow,Prurient,EX+ USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE THIRD EYE - AWAKENING 'BLUE VINYL' LP EX!!! THIRD EYE RECORDS # 1 PSYCH USD $36.49 Buy It Now 12h 2m
TOMPALL & THE GLASER Bros -THROUGH THE EYES OF LOVE - USA MGM SE-4510 - Ex+/ Ex USD $7.01 [0 bids]
Benny Goodman "Brussels World Fair Vol. 1 # CL 1247 Ex Vinyl VG Cover 6 eye USD $9.59 Buy It Now 12h 6m
SHANE FENTON, I'M A MOODY GUY*FIVE FOOT TOO, EYES, 1961 PARLOPHONE 4827, EX+/EX+ USD $12.62 Buy It Now 12h 15m
FIVE KEYS: Close Your Eyes / Doggone It You Did It 45 CAPITOL - Play Tested EX- USD $9.00 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Pretty Things Savage Eye Vinyl LP Album 1975 Ex Condition 1st Press USD $25.98 [0 bids]
Dusty Springfield I Close My Eyes And Count To Ten 7" Philips BF1682 EX 1968 I C USD $10.53 Buy It Now 13h 15m
THE FOUR FRESHMEN ON CAPITOL RECORDS STARS IN OUR EYES LP EX+ COPY USD $6.06 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence LP + Shrink + Sticker 2-Eye EX+ Tiger Beat USD $29.95 Buy It Now 13h 28m
U2 I Still Haven't Found What../ Spanish eyes Ex CANADA 1987 ISLAND Jukebox 45 7 USD $18.33 Buy It Now 13h 51m
EX+ Mozart Serkin Schneider Concerto No 9 & 12 Marlboro Festival 6 eye ML 5209 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 52m
Eugene Ormandy Nielson vinyl LP Columbia [360 Sound 2 EYE] Records EX USD $9.95 Buy It Now 14h 4m
Simon & Garfunkel Bookends Original LP Vinyl Is EX 2 Eye W/ Poster KCS 9529 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 9m
E. Power Biggs Plays MOZART vinyl LP 1966 EX in shrink 2-Eye 360 Sound STEREO USD $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 12m
cate bros in one eye and out the other LP asylum 1st rare WLP promo press EX USD $4.79 Buy It Now 14h 16m
Bach by Eugene Ormandy LP Columbia 6 eye mono EX USD $4.79 Buy It Now 14h 16m
AL MARTINO " SPANISH EYES " EX 45 RPM USD $0.70 [0 bids]
Charlie Christian & Benny Goodman Sextet 1958 6 eye CL 652 D/G Vinyl LP Ex USD $7.61 Buy It Now 14h 25m
THE JEFF BECK GROUP LP Private Pressing Pigs Eye VG+/EX No UPC USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Cars Drive / My Best Friends Girl / Stranger Eyes 12" 45 Single Orig 1984 EX USD $13.97 Buy It Now 15h
GREAT 1957 CHARLIE GRACIE CHART 78 " WANDERING EYES " UK LONDON HLU8467 EX- USD $12.64 Buy It Now 15h 12m
West Side Story, Columbia OS2001, 1EJ/1FB, Shrink, 2 Eye, EX USD $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 25m
Donna Fargo brown eyed lady MCA 1978 lyrics sleeve Canada EX USD $3.99 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Percy Faith ?- Music From Hollywood 1954 EX Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono CL 577 6 Eye USD $6.60 Buy It Now 16h 18m
First Impressions / Polly Bergen Columbia Records 6 eye original gray label EX! USD $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 57m
Lot 2 Chicago / self titled 1969 & 2 1970 2 LP sets Columbia 2 eye originals EX! USD $18.99 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
SANTANA First LP Original Columbia 2-Eye Lp EX Cond BEAUTIFUL! USD $23.99 Buy It Now 18h 16m
MOUSSORGSKY: Pictures./ RIMSKY-KORSAKOV Capriccio. BERNSTEIN NYP, LP NM/EX 2 EYE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Rimsky-Korsakov __LE COQ D'OR__ 12" LP ORIG Columbia MS 6092 6-eye Label EX/NM USD $22.74 Buy It Now 19h 36m
Bobby Lee Trammell I Couldn't Believe My Eyes / Love 7" 45 Capitol + sleeve EX USD $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 51m
BENNY GOODMAN - It Takes Time / Moon-Faced, Starry-Eyed - Capitol - 78 RPM - EX- USD $6.00 Buy It Now 20h 15m
HERB ALPERT "KEEP YOUR EYE ON ME" PREMIUM QUALITY USED LP (NM/EX) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Steve Winwood ORIG OZ LP talking back to the night EX '82 Traffic Blue eyed soul USD $11.85 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Dusty Springfield ORIG OZ LP Golden hit '66 EX Blue eyed soul Girl group Philips USD $14.22 Buy It Now 21h 28m
Walker Brothers ORIG OZ LP Images EX Philips PDS267 Baroque Pop Blue eyed Soul USD $19.77 Buy It Now 21h 33m
POSSESSED 1985 Seven Churches VG+/EX LP 1987 Eyes Of Horror NM EP Blind Illusion USD $51.65 [4 bids]
MIDI RAIN eyes (uk 1991) 12" PS EX/VG- STORM 31 house techno vinyl solution USD $25.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Survivor Eye Of The Tiger + Insert A1 B1 UK LP 1982 EX/NM [email protected]@k !!!!!!!!!! USD $10.53 [0 bids]
Billy Idol(7" Vinyl Gatefold)Eyes Without A Face-Chrysalis-IDOL 3-UK-19-VG+/Ex USD $7.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Conni Ellisor. Through The Eyes of A Child LP. Sha-La-Vah RO2352. 1987. Ex Vinyl USD $2.79 [0 bids]
EYE TO EYE - Shakespeare Stole My Baby - Ex LP Record Warner Brothers 1-23919 USD $12.62 Buy It Now 1 day
MIDI RAIN eyes (uk 1991) 12" PS EX/VG- STORM 31 house techno vinyl solution USD $18.41 Buy It Now 1 day
ART GARFUNKEL I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU 7" VINYL EX CON USD $5.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Naked Eyes Always SOmething There To Remind Me 7" EMI EMI5334 EX/VG 1982 picture USD $10.53 Buy It Now 1 day
George Benson - In Your Eyes - Warner Brothers 92-3744-1 Ex Condition Vinyl LP USD $8.14 Buy It Now 1 day
IAN MATTHEWS ~ If You Saw Thro' My Eyes ~ ORIG UK 1971 Vertigo Spiral LP EX USD $133.39 Buy It Now 1 day
THE EYES OF THE BEACON STREET UNION - 1st Stereo 1968 Garage Psych EX Top Copy USD $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Throes - All The Flowers Growing In Your Mother's Eyes CD - Like New - R.E.X USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FREDDY GARDNER ORCH*I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU / I'M IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE *EX USD $1.33 [0 bids]
Geordie Can You Do It 7" EMI EMI2031 EX 1973 Can You Do It/Red-eyed Lady USD $9.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Steel mill - Green eyed god b/w Zangwill 7" EX penny farthing USD $4.21 [0 bids]
Herb Alpert - Keep Your Eye On Me (1987) LP (EX) 12" USD $7.92 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy EX EYE music online Buy EX EYE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

EX EYE Ex Eye ratings distribution

EX EYE Ex Eye reviews

4 stars EX EYE are a new band out of the USA but the members are all experienced musicians to say the least. Colin Stetson is incredible on sax while SECRET CHIEFS 3 multi-instrumentalist Shahzad Ismaily adds bass and synths. We also get Toby Summerfield on guitar and Greg Fox on drums rounding out the lineup. These guys had helped Colin with one of his solo albums and they decided to get together to make some music of their own. The music reminded me somewhat of the American band YETI. This is Post-Metal and it's dark and usually quite intense and powerful. It's all instrumental with four tracks although I did get the bonus track with the download.

"Xenolith; The Anvil" gets us started and it's drums and a heavy sound right from the first notes but it settles quickly with synths and drums. The guitar does come in over top in the Post-Rock tradition. The sax runs come and go starting 2 1/2 minutes in.

"Opposition/ Perihelion; The Coil" is uptempo with the guitar and drums standing out. Intense is the word. It settles back after 2 minutes tempo-wise but it's still intense. It kicks in again after 2 1/2 minutes including some great sounding bass. The guitar is ripping it up then some powerful pulsating sounds kick in before 4 1/2 minutes. Just an all out assault really that includes sax after 5 minutes. A dark calm before 6 minutes as sounds like drums and bass come and go, sax too. Love this section. It starts to wind down late as we get an experimental ending.

"Anaitis Hymnal; The Arkose Disc" could be the soundtrack to the apocalypse. A dark atmosphere to start with guitar expressions and more. Drums start to slowly beat as they come and go starting before 1 1/2 minutes. Synths sort of drone in and out as well as it slowly builds, sax too. The intensity is rising quickly before 4 minutes. So powerful and it's unrelenting until before 5 minutes as we get some minor relief with the sax and drums coming to the fore. The sax then steps aside and the sound will start to become more intense like earlier. Is that someone crying out before 8 1/2 minutes? Sax follows. It's almost doom-like before 11 minutes. So dark and haunting when it settles back and this continues right to the end.

"Form Constant; The Grid" opens with sax and pulsating sounds. The drums start to beat after 1 1/2 minutes and picked guitar joins in as well. A heavier, doomy sound takes over before 3 minutes. It does lighten up some and takes off before 4 1/2 minutes with Post-Rock styled guitar. This is still heavy and the sax is still lighting it up.

"Tten Crown; The Corrupter" is a bonus track but it really should be part of the main album in my opinion. It is similar to the rest but I would describe it as being more innovative and interesting. My favourite really but bonus tracks don't affect my rating either positively or negatively when I do reviews. I really like the guitar around 5 1/2 minutes.

This is one dark and intense album that ticks a lot of boxes for me when we're talking Post-Metal. Each member really blows me away here with their skills.

Review by siLLy puPPy
COLLABORATOR PSIKE & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars Post-rock? Post-metal? Post-jazz? or Post-psychedelia? Well, all of the above actually. EX EYE is a new kid on the block and making a whole lot of noise without resorting to cliche been-there done-that retro worship. This quartet of seasoned veterans formed in New York City consists of alto and bass saxophonist Colin Stetson ( Eternal Buzz Brass Band, The Sway Machinery, Transmission Trio ), guitarist Toby Summerfield ( Algernon, Crush Kill Destroy, Never Enough Hope ), synthesizer wizard Shahzad Ismaily ( 2 Foot Yard, Barbez, Burnt Sugar, Causing A Tiger, Ceramic Dog, Doveman, Kotkot, Pure Horsehair and Secret Chiefs 3 ) and drummer Greg Fox ( Guardian Alien, Liturgy, Teeth Mountain, Zs). EX EYE is one of those avant-garde type groups that is similar to others like Zu and Aluk Todolo and succeeds in creating a sort of frenetic drone type music, that meaning a very hypnotic anchoring system with a hornet's nest of buzzing instruments that swirl around its center with extra attention on hyperactive saxophone attacks, black metal riffs that dance in the dark with oscillating swirling synthesizer sounds.

While the post-metal tag genre tag has traditionally been somewhat synonymous with sludge metal such as with bands like Neurosis and Isis pretty much fitting into both worlds, the two subgenera are not exactly identical at all. Sludge metal is derived primarily from doom metal with aggressive emphasis on guitar feedback and groovy riffs and angry vocals often bordering on hardcore punk whereas post-metal owes its atmospheric hypnotic riffs and grooves more to the world of post-rock which focuses on long drawn out and repetitive passages that slowly shift the dynamics of the atmosphere and tempos. EX EYE is more of the latter but does exhibit both styles as they are conservative with root notes and profligate with the subtle and abrupt changes around them. The end result is a very groovy and hypnotic drift through frenzied sax and guitar solos and complex flurries of synthesized bliss that deftly blend the simplistic with an array of complex counterpoints. The band is also unique as far as i know in that they substitute the bass guitar with a bass saxophone. Their debut eponymous album consists of four mostly lengthy tracks and there is a bonus twelve minute track on digital forms.

"Xenolith; The Anvil" (3:55) is the shortest track that carries a repetitive almost funk type groove that extends pretty much throughout. Graced with a heavy dramatic technical drum workout to dazzle us upon first listen, the track quickly chills out with a lackadaisical percussive drive as the groove unfolds slowly followed by the guitar and sax counterpoints that ratchet up the tension. "Opposition/Perihelion; The Coil" (12:29) takes on a new persona with a syncopated drum and bass sax line on hyperdrive and stuck in a two note groove that eventually takes on a slight musical scale and is the track that sounds most like Aluk Todolo however just when you think the groove is set on cruise control it changes things up with a partial melodic change. After the frenetic intro, the guitar becomes sludgy and slows down while the saxophone parts become fuel injected as if they are channeling John Zorn at his most caffeinated.

"Anaitis Hymnal; The Arkose Disc" (11:56) makes me think a Klaus Schulze CD has been slipped into my player as a dark and brooding electronic storms brews with a dreadful hum and a swarm of insectoid aliens flying ahead. The percussion joins in but as an intermittent tom strike that feels as if a sole giant is thundering the Earth as he walks upon its fragile crust. As the synth takes me to Neptune, the sax gains power as an oscillating beacon of terror and then, the final straw breaks the camel's back as the relentless blastbeat drumming adds the final fear inducing ingredient as the sax goes even crazier and the instruments all start to fade in and out of tune with each other until they reach a terrifying frenetic climax. Yes, indeed. This is the soundtrack of nightmares. "Form Constant; The Grid" (8:08) delivers an oscillating sax attack that is accompanied by a high pitched atmospheric backdrop before it all goes nuts with frenetic nonstop avant-garde jazz sax noodling, guitar bombast and a minimalist synthesizer sequence that reminds me of Philip Glass' "Glassworks" and "Koyaanisqatsi" era.

Tten Crows : The Corruptor" (bonus track digital only) (12:01) is surprisingly quite different from the rest of the pack and the most bizarre. It consists of an intermittent guitar riffs, somewhat lazy following percussive drive and a frenetic synth and sax dueling it out. This one actually has more of a drawn out melody although every note is amplified by sax shredding and atmospheric weirdness. The guitar is also much more aggressive as it enters pure metal territory. In the middle it changes into some sort of Latin percussion with an acid jazz type of keyboard run. The guitar fuzz is thicker on this one and there is more of guitar dominated soloing that steals the show from the attention hog saxophone parts. This one is pretty cool and just as good as the other four tracks. Unfortunately i have the CD so it's not on there.

EX EYE crank out a fairly sophisticated mix of minimalistic grooves wrapped up in jazzy saxophone virtuosity and psychedelic atmospheric ambience. The guitar, while present is usually reserved for power chords with the odd dominant riff entering the scene but is always in the background. All the musicians rely on intricate interplay and although certain segments showcase a retrospective instrument, the overall fabric of the music is very much dependent on how it's all woven together. The repetitive groovy feel is extremely hypnotic while the overly busy counterpoints whizz around like a swarm of wasps that just had their nest knocked to the ground. While this isn't as avant-garde and weird as it's made out to be since it's in the same musical experimental tree as bands like Aluk Todolo and Zu, EX EYE does however stand out as a fairly unique sounding outfit. Whether this pans out to be a full time project or not remains to be seen, but as for now EX EYE has conjured up a satisfying slice of hypnotic varied post- metal with all kinds of frenetic accoutrements that take the listener into dark musical soundscapes.

Post a review of EX EYE "Ex Eye"