AQUARIUS

Glorious Wolf Aquarius album cover

Buy GLORIOUS WOLF Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1. Aquarius I (4:28)
2. Aquarius II - Bearing The Water (4:31)
3. Aquarius III - Seeding The Future (5:38)
4. Broken Arrow (2:08)
5. Questions (6:03)
6. Healing Colours (4:05)
7. Old Diamonds Shine Brighter (4:17)
8. Shaman's Journey (4:19)

Search GLORIOUS WOLF Aquarius lyrics

Search GLORIOUS WOLF Aquarius tabs

- Ruud Dielen / guitars, bass, synthesizers

Composed, arranged and produced by Ruud Dielen

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

GLORIOUS WOLF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GLORIOUS WOLF Aquarius Music

More places to buy GLORIOUS WOLF music online Buy GLORIOUS WOLF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GLORIOUS WOLF Aquarius ratings distribution

GLORIOUS WOLF Aquarius reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Avant, Crossover & Neo Teams
4 stars "Aquarius" has been released in 2017 as the debut album of a Dutch one-man project GLORIOUS WOLF by a guitarist / multi- instrumentalist Ruud DIELEN. Through this stuff, we can hear and enjoy Ruud's massive creativity ... his guitar sounds are quite cool and hard-edged like a rolling stone but at the same time precious and dreamy like a merry-go-round. Heavy, deep, jazzy, stoner, and pop - various moments can be heard via his instruments (this is a reason why it be difficult for him to find an appropriate sub-genre place in Progarchives actually). This sound texture and musical diversity can remind me of the same tendency towards King Crimson or so, that might exert inspiration for Ruud. Of course he's NOT mere a "so-called progressive" or "sham-progressive" player but a promising one who would try to produce his identity by adopting lots of musical elements, I imagine.

At first try to the opening suite "Aquarius", that should drive us crazy. We cannot digest sound direction and dimension launched via his guitar out easily. There is something akin to confusion of melodic scenes featuring acceptability and predicament. The combination is a novelty. Another novel one "Broken Arrows" is my favourite that is filled with dreamy atmosphere and psychedelic structure. His innovative, hard-to-grab approach can be touched here. "Healing Colours" can be called as kinda moment when we can be relaxed by pleasant, delightful, natural phrases. And we must wonder when and where we listened to the soundscape in the following "Old Diamonds Shine Brighter" ... we can laugh and speculate where he dropped on whilst the recording. Not sure whether his vision of sound can be approved by everyone or not but let me say, this album is worth tryin'.

3 stars This is the first solo album from Netherland's own Ruud Dielen. He did this all himself playing guitar, synth guitar, bass, synths along with programming including the drums. The name of Ruud's project and the cover art reminded me that I've seen two wolves in my life here in Central Ontario, Canada. The weird thing was it was in the same week about 20 miles from each other. By the way Ruud is an incredible guitarist.

"Aquarius I" opens with a slow and sludgy sound with the guitar crying out over top. It settles back before 2 minutes but not for long. Man this reminds me of BLACK SABBATH before 3 1/2 minutes. "Aquarius II-Bearing The Water" has a lighter sound with guitar and sounds that echo before kicking into a mellow groove. It slows right down after 2 minutes but picks back up quickly.

"Aquarius III-Seeding the Future" has a heavier sound with some complexity as well. The bass, guitar and synths all sound really good here. Lots of punchy sounds along with atmosphere. Faint voices can be heard before 2 minutes as it settles back some. It kicks back in and later on after 3 1/2 minutes the guitar is lighting it up. It settles again a minute later and stays that way to the end.

"Broken Arrow" is fairly spacey with plenty of synths as guitar expressions come and go. "Questions" has these pulsating sounds as synths join in with drums then the guitar starts to solo slowly over top countered with another guitar being picked. An interesting tune but one I'm not really into. "Healing Colours" is one I like better. Kind of a jazzy vibe to my ears with the guitar. Not into those pedestrian drums though. The flavour does change during this song a few times. I like it better 1 1/2 minutes in. The guitar sounds interesting when it joins in over top. Cool track.

"Old Diamonds Shine Brighter" opens with synths that create a powerful atmosphere. This is really good. Lots of spacey sounds and what sounds like flute. The guitar arrives just before 1 1/2 minutes. The guitar sounds like FLOYD around 3 minutes not so surprisingly considering the title of this song. Very "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"-like. Flute comes and goes.

"Shaman's Journey" is mellow with relaxed guitar, bass and more. The length of this song at 4:20 sounds about right considering it's a Shaman(haha). A sampled voice can be heard after 1 1/2 minutes then the guitar comes in as the song brightens pretty much to the end.

I liked this alright but 3 stars is just right for my tastes. Please check this guy out though.

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
3 stars

Glorious Wolf is a project by Ruud Dielen, who provides all the instrumentation on the album. Ruud is a guitarist who has been working in various covers bands, and since 2007 has also been part of Perpetual B'ta, an improvisational band who were influenced particularly by Weather Report and Frank Zappa. That he comes from a diverse background is reflected in this debut album, as although the roots are often in progressive music, he is moving through many different styles, so much so that it is hard to really categorise. There are times when he is moving through fusion-led guitar solos with minimal backing, others when it is much more Floydian in approach, while others are slowed-down doom so much that it is almost sludge.

But, at the heart of everything, are pure clean guitar lines, no matter what is going on in the background. Ruud is a fine guitarist, and has an innate understanding of melody, although the songs themselves are just vehicles for him to provide lengthy solos. I would like to see this project morph into a full band, or at least with real drums as opposed to programmed, but even as it is this is an album that is accessible and enjoyable on first hearing. I sincerely hope that this leads to more music from Glorious Wolf.

Post a review of GLORIOUS WOLF "Aquarius"