SUBURBAN SAVAGES: KORE WA!

tr-Ond and the Suburban Savages

RIO/Avant-Prog

tr-Ond and the Suburban Savages Suburban Savages: Kore Wa! album cover

Buy TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1. Fade Into Obscurity (5:02)
2. Pronk (3:57)
3. As I Am Dying (6:00)
4. Guzarondan (5:29)
5. Von Two-Step (4:24)
6. Kore Wa! (4:12)
7. Docteur Mago (8:43)

Search TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES Suburban Savages: Kore Wa! lyrics

Search TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES Suburban Savages: Kore Wa! tabs

- Trond Gjellum / drums, percussion, lead & backing vocals, programming, keyboards
- Anders Kristian Krabberřd / bass
- Nina Hagen Kaldhol / electric guitars, moog guitar
- Hans-Petter Alfredsen / keyboards
- Mari Lesteberg / keyboards
- Thomas Meidell / electric guitars, baritone guitar, vocals, noises

Special guest:
- Ketil Vestrum Einarsen / vocals, flute

CD Apollon Records ARP005CD (Norway 2017)
LP Apollon Records ARP005LP (Norway 2017)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition
and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES Suburban Savages: Kore Wa! Music

More places to buy TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES music online Buy TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES Suburban Savages: Kore Wa! ratings distribution

TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES Suburban Savages: Kore Wa! reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Avant, Crossover & Neo Teams
4 stars Quite comfortable.

"Kore Wa!" is the second album of SUBURBAN SAVAGES that has been recorded / produced for seven years and finally released in mid 2017. Actually I've mysteriously got impressed at the sleeve and the title of their newest album (a Japanese phrase "Kore Wa!" means "this is!" in English), and currently I appreciate stumbling upon their fantastic stuff and themselves. Not only the exterior but also the musical contents have completely knocked me out. I have assumed they would feel familiar with Japan and Japanese culture, and made sure of this via their soundscape seasoned with Japanese (or related) folksy melody lines. Well understood why seven or more years were needed for creating material for "Kore Wa!". Via this stuff we can hear a variety of melodic appearances they might possess in their inner space.

It's crazy amazing that avantgarde complexity and pop, catchy intensity come one after another like a merry go round. Such a well- matured, melodically-balanced movement cannot easily be heard even in progressive rock scene or something. The opening starshine "Fade Into Obscurity" lets us know enough (and their fragile chorus is fantastic too). In "As I Am Dying" deep, heavy, and mysterious anxiety will pop up and hide out under the complicated cloudy sky. The titled track might be sung in (especially old-fashioned) Japanese language but I cannot understand their "words" but unique and challenging sense.This song (with "hoy hoy hoy!") could not remind me of Japanese kabuki nor kyogen lol, but we can find their strong motivation to adopt every element all over the world and digest enough for the sound launcher rich in their originality.

Eventually I've got immersed in this creation not because I'm a Japanese but I'm fascinated by sound innovation. Woohoo.

Post a review of TR-OND AND THE SUBURBAN SAVAGES "Suburban Savages: Kore Wa!"