STARDUST RITUALS

Electric Moon Stardust Rituals album cover

Buy ELECTRIC MOON Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1. The Loop (8:06)
2. Stardust (The Picture) (10:13)
3. Astral Hitch Hike (4:40)
4. (You Will) Live Forever Now (22:40)

Search ELECTRIC MOON Stardust Rituals lyrics

Search ELECTRIC MOON Stardust Rituals tabs

- Komet Lulu / bass, vocals, effects
- Marcus Schnitzler / drums
- Sula Bassana / guitar, e-sitar, organ, mellotron, e-piano, effects

Sulatron-records ST 1703-2 (CD)

Thanks to Meltdowner for the addition

ELECTRIC MOON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ELECTRIC MOON Stardust Rituals Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Doomsday MachineDoomsday Machine
Flaming LakeFlaming Lake
Sulatron (Broken Silence) 2017
InfernoInferno
Sireena Records 2013
Theory Of Mind by Electric Moon (2016-08-03)Theory Of Mind by Electric Moon (2016-08-03)
Sireena Records

More places to buy ELECTRIC MOON music online Buy ELECTRIC MOON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ELECTRIC MOON Stardust Rituals ratings distribution

ELECTRIC MOON Stardust Rituals reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR PSIKE Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Wow! Just another ELECTRIC MOON facet! This is effectively meeting my taste while being more smoothed and relaxed than heavy acid stoner as usual. Except Stardust (The Picture) maybe, the trio is on a very trippiesque excursion here. This one was recorded earlier already in 2014 and played live in the aftermath, though here appearing somewhat refined with vocals and overdubs. As for the dominant atmosphere just follow the extended You Will Live Forever Now and you'll know what I mean.

Sula acts like a magician, while weaving a wonderful cosmic piano, melancholic mellotron, indo/raga flavoured sitar ... and finally those multiple wah-wah drenched and soaring guitar decorations, the latter partially reminiscent of the Hypnotizer release. The looping flow will be consolidated due to nice repetitive bass lines contributed by Komet Lulu and Marcus Schnitzler's accentuated drum playing, careful, subtle. The real award anyhow goes the shortest offer, the lovely Astral Hitch Hike, not an accidental product, I'm quite sure.

The result of varying experiences over decades, more likely conceived with a clear preference on song writing, rather than jamming with intuition solely. I did not follow every band album, hence don't know exactly, if this is their first attempt to test some vocals. Bassist Lulu provides this in a mysterious, mournful, ethereal manner. Mastered by Eroc as usual 'Stardust Rituals' is a spellbinding journey crossing the band's inner cosmos, overall a very good statement featuring a proper amount of oriental flair.

4 stars 4.5 stars. This was my first taste of ELECTRIC MOON and it was spellbinding to say the least. I understand this isn't as heavy as their previous albums and I'm looking forward to hearing some of those. As Rivertree mentions in his review this is a very trippy album and I really dig the sound. Not that this isn't without it's heaviness, it just trips along quite often to great affect. Really cool to see Dave Schmidt on here, otherwise known as Sula Bassana. He recorded it, mixed it and produced it. He also plays electric piano, electric sitar, guitar, effects, organ and mellotron. Go Dave!

"The Loop" is one of those trippy tunes. Organ and lots of depth to the sound here as guitar and drums help out. Vocals just after a minute and they sound processed and distant. Vocals step aside around 3 minutes as the guitar starts to solo over top and then it turns more powerful after 4 minutes as the tempo picks up. Here we go!

"Stardust(The Picture)" is a top two with the closing number. Man this has that slowish, heavy sound. It's like the fuzzed out guitar is percolating as distant sounding vocals join in. That guitar is so fuzzed out I'm calling the cops. This has to be illegal. It's like a jet taking off 4 minutes in. Oh my!

"Astral Hitch Hike" is a short under 5 minute tune as we get keyboards that slowly pulse with a beat, bass and sitar. We get this repetitive melody with sitar over top throughout.

"(You Will)Live Forever" is the 22 1/2 minute closer. Faint sounds come and go and this is interesting to really listen to. I love the atmosphere. This sounds so exotic when the sitar joins in as it trips along. Distant vocals after 4 minutes. Love that fuzzed out guitar before 11 minutes. It starts to settle right down before 15 minutes. Some brief vocals after 18 minutes then it starts to turn powerful again, especially that atmosphere. Intense is the word 21 minutes in!

Without question one of the best albums from 2017 in my opinion. I'm really intrigued about their earlier albums now that I've heard this one. A must for fans of Psychedelic music.

Post a review of ELECTRIC MOON "Stardust Rituals"