V

Blackfield V album cover

rock music collection

Buy BLACKFIELD Music
Studio Album, released in 2017

1. A Drop In The Ocean (1:23)
2. Family Man (3:37)
3. How Was Your Ride? (3:58)
4. We'll Never Be Apart (2:54)
5. Sorry s (2:58)
6. Life Is An Ocean (3:26)
7. Lately (3:24)
8. October (3:31)
9. The Jackal (3:56)
10. Salt Water (2:39)
11. Undercover Heart (4:02)
12. Lonely Soul (3:42)

With:
- Tomer Z / drums
- Eran Mitelman / keyboards
- London Session Orchestra / strings

Artwork: Lasse Hoile (photo)

2xLP Kscope ‎- KSCOPE924 (2017, Europe)

CD Kscope ‎- KSCOPE360 (2017, Europe)
CD + BD Kscope ‎- KSCOPE350 (2017, Europe) Blu-Ray w/ Surround & HiRes Stereo mixes of the album

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

BLACKFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLACKFIELD V Music

VV
KSCOPE 2017
V [2LP Vinyl 180g] - European EditionV [2LP Vinyl 180g] - European Edition
kscope/blackfield eu
Vinyl$54.98

BLACKFIELD " V " 2016 CD ! USD $3.00 [1 bids]
BLACKFIELD Blackfield V CD European Kscope 2017 13 Track In Digi-Pak USD $17.85 Buy It Now 17h 30m
BLACKFIELD V Amy Geffen STEPHEN WILSON 180g 2LPset FREE UK POST sealed USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Blackfield Blackfield V vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $51.60 Buy It Now 3 days
Blackfield "V" 2017 CD Sealed [Steven Wilson Aviv Geffen Porcupine Tree No-Man] USD $7.95 [0 bids]
USD $10.99 Buy It Now
BLACKFIELD-BLACKFIELD V (PICTURE DISC) (PICT) (UK) (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $25.11 Buy It Now 5 days
Blackfield - Blackfield V [New Vinyl] USD $25.52 Buy It Now 5 days
Blackfield V [Digipak] by Blackfield. USD $13.67 Buy It Now 5 days
Blackfield VINYL LP PICTURE DISC - V USD $23.41 Buy It Now 8 days
BLACKFIELD-V-2016 CD PORCUPINE TREE USD $7.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Blackfield V - Blackfield - CD - New USD $15.45 Buy It Now 10 days
BLACKFIELD V CD BLU-RAY MEDIABOOK TOTALLY OOP STEVEN WILSON AVIV GEFFEN KSCOPE USD $124.95 Buy It Now 10 days
V - Blackfield Vinyl USD $35.72 Buy It Now 11 days
Blackfield "V" 2017 CD Sealed [Steven Wilson Aviv Geffen Porcupine Tree No-Man] USD $12.72 Buy It Now 15 days
V - Blackfield - Vinyl LP - New USD $43.08 Buy It Now 16 days
Blackfield - Blackfield V (NEW Limited Edition 12" Picture Disc) USD $27.37 Buy It Now 17 days
Blackfield V USD $15.12 Buy It Now 19 days
BLACKFIELD ( PORCUPINE TREE related ) "V" 2o17 (2 VINYL LPs) New USD $38.09 Buy It Now 19 days
Blackfield - Blackfield V (2017) CD NEW MINT SEALED USD $14.33 Buy It Now 19 days
V - Blackfield 802644836027 (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.66 Buy It Now 19 days
Blackfield - Blackfield V [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $13.66 Buy It Now 20 days
Blackfield - Blackfield V [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $14.19 Buy It Now 20 days
Blackfield V [LP] by Blackfield. USD $38.03 Buy It Now 20 days
Blackfield-V -Digipak- (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.09 Buy It Now 22 days
BLACKFIELD - BLACKFIELD V CD NEW+ USD $21.01 Buy It Now 22 days
V - Blackfield Compact Disc USD $18.12 Buy It Now 23 days
BLACKFIELD - V - PICTURE DISC VINYL - LP record 5 steven wilson porcupine tree USD $30.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Blackfield - Blackfield V (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $31.29 Buy It Now 25 days
Blackfield 3trk PROMO CD SAMPLER - V - STEVEN WILSON PORCUPINE TREE USD $3.85 Buy It Now 25 days
Blackfield V USD $15.27 Buy It Now 26 days
Blackfield V BLACKFIELD (Format: Audio CD) USD $16.72 Buy It Now 26 days
Blackfield - V (NEW CD) USD $14.07 Buy It Now 28 days
Blackfield-V -Digipak- CD NEW USD $15.76 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BLACKFIELD music online Buy BLACKFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BLACKFIELD V ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(16%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(48%)

BLACKFIELD V reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars After two albums dominated by Aviv Geffen comes the fifth album by Blackfield labeled as another collaboration between Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson. But is it really a comeback to Blackfield and Blackfield II that the press release makes it sound like?

I haven't really been much of a Blackfield fan over the years but did enjoy some of the material on Blackfield and Blackfield II. Once Steven Wilson's contribution began to fade on Welcome To My DNA and Blackfield IV I stopped listening to the band completely. Once I heard that the new album would be released in late 2016 (this was later changed to early 2017) and that Blackfield V will be a return to a collaboration between Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson I immediately pre-ordered the record.

The first teaser of the album came in the form of Family Man EP that was released in late 2016 and featured Family Man, How Was Your Ride? and Sorrys. These three tracks sounded like Steven Wilson was back in the band since both Family Man and How Was Your Ride? featured him on lead vocals and the sound of these compositions seemed like something that Wilson might have written. This is why I was completely surprised when I found out that all of these three compositions were in fact written Aviv Geffen. When the album finally arrived and I browsed though the songwriting credits I was even more surprised to see that only 3 out of 13 tracks had Wilson's contribution (two on which are co-writing credits). I was also saddened that the previously marketed collaboration with Alan Parsons as producer was only limited to three tracks (How Was Your Ride?, We'll Never Be Apart and The Jackal).

With all these setbacks I was actually surprised that the final record is in fact pretty solid and shows that Aviv Geffen is a much better songwriter once he collaborates with Wilson. Two of my favorite moments on the record are October and Undercover Heart and feature some of the most heartfelt lyrics by Geffen. The vocal contribution by Wilson on October is very different from anything that he has done before and I was initially unsure if it in fact was Wilson that was singing. I also really liked Lately and From 44 To 48, the latter being the sole songwriting contribution by Wilson (A Drop in the Ocean and Life Is An Ocean are co-written by Geffen and Wilson) but I lack the emotional punch to these tracks compared to previously mentioned October and Undercover Heart.

Overall, I was surprised that Blackfield V managed to changed my mind completely on the importance of the collaboration between Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson. Geffen is a great songwriter and has almost perfected the 3 minute pop song format. Wilson might not be as active on the songwriting front but his vocals and arrangements make it clear that his contribution to Blackfield is very important. This is easily my favorite Blackfield release since their debut so if you're a fan of Blackfield then you should definitely give this album a go.

***** star songs: October (3:31) Undercover Heart (4:02)

**** star songs: Family Man (3:37) How Was Your Ride? (3:58) We'll Never Be Apart (2:54) Sorrys (2:58) Life Is An Ocean (3:26) Lately (3:24) The Jackal (3:56) Salt Water (2:39) From 44 To 48 (4:31)

*** star songs: A Drop In The Ocean (1:23) Lonely Soul (3:42)

4 stars Blackfield 1 and 2 were two of my favourite albums, I've listened to them regularly since I first acquired them, welcome to my DNA and IV were quite frankly dreadful, Steve Wilson's input obviously the missing factor. Then came news of Blackfield V, the cover picture indicating the return of t ... (read more)

Report this review (#1703161) | Posted by Rebecca1 | Saturday, March 18, 2017 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Give it a few tries. After having impossibly high expectations since the first two Blackfield albums are two of my favorite albums ever, it was hard not to feel disappointed on my first listen. I was ready to give this three, maybe even two stars. But after a few more listens, I realized that it ... (read more)

Report this review (#1669785) | Posted by TheWall7 | Monday, December 19, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLACKFIELD "V"