THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE

8. Increase (4:20)
9. July (4:45)
10. In the White (4:53)
11. The Itch (4:20)
12. Journey Through Pressure (4:20)

Search KATATONIA The Great Cold Distance lyrics

Search KATATONIA The Great Cold Distance tabs

- Jonas Renkse / Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Loops, Programming & F/X
- Anders Nyström / Guitar, Backing Vocals, Keyboards, Loops, Programming
- Fredrik Norrman / Guitar
- Mattias Norrman / Bass
- Daniel Liljekvist / Drums, Backing Vocal

Recorded & mixed at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro on June / September 2005.
Released by Peaceville Records.

Thanks to Prog Sothoth for the addition

KATATONIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KATATONIA The Great Cold Distance Music

Great Cold DistanceGreat Cold Distance
Peaceville 2011
Great Cold Distance by KatatoniaGreat Cold Distance by Katatonia
Peaceville

Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance - Live (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $31.65 Buy It Now 2 days
Katatonia Great Cold Distance vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $53.15 Buy It Now 4 days
KATATONIA - THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE NEW CD USD $14.40 Buy It Now 5 days
KATATONIA - THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE CD NEW+ USD $18.31 Buy It Now 7 days
The Great Cold Distance by Katatonia (CD, Apr-2017, Peaceville Records (USA)) USD $8.32 Buy It Now 8 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance CD USD $7.92 Buy It Now 8 days
Katatonia 'The Great Cold Distance' Gatefold 2x12" Vinyl - NEW USD $26.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance - Live In Bulgaria With The Orchestra Of Sta USD $25.15 Buy It Now 9 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance: Live in Bulgaria (2017) 180g Vinyl 2LP NEW USD $24.69 Buy It Now 9 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance (NEW CD) USD $12.19 Buy It Now 12 days
Great Cold Distance - Katatonia Compact Disc USD $16.05 Buy It Now 12 days
KATATONIA:THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE USD $9.22 Buy It Now 14 days
Great Cold Distance - Katatonia - CD - MINT / Near Mint USD $39.99 Buy It Now 15 days
The Great Cold Distance by Katatonia. USD $25.63 Buy It Now 15 days
Katatonia - Great Cold Distance - Katatonia CD RMVG The Fast Free Shipping USD $10.70 Buy It Now 15 days
Katatonia: The Great Cold Distance (Live In Bulgaria With The Orchestra Of LP Li USD $29.64 Buy It Now 16 days
Great Cold Distance: Live In Bulgaria Wi - Katatonia - Vinyl LP - New USD $40.39 Buy It Now 17 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance [New CD] USD $15.14 Buy It Now 17 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance [New CD] USD $11.03 Buy It Now 18 days
Great Cold Distance - Katatonia - Vinyl LP - New USD $41.21 Buy It Now 18 days
KATATONIA - THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE NEW CD USD $51.11 Buy It Now 18 days
KATATONIA - THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $47.78 Buy It Now 18 days
Katatonia-Great Cold Distance The VINYL NEW USD $33.18 Buy It Now 19 days
KATATONIA the great cold distance +1 video clip BOX SET+ POSTCARDS +POSTER USD $10.20 Buy It Now 20 days
KATATONIA - Great Cold Distance,the - CD ** Very Good Condition ** USD $19.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance swedish edition box 2006 Peaceville USD $23.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance [CD] USD $11.41 Buy It Now 21 days
KATATONIA - THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE (10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION) 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $31.29 Buy It Now 21 days
Katatonia-Great Cold Distance The (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $25.87 Buy It Now 22 days
Katatonia ?- The Great Cold Distance Peaceville ?- VILELP128 2LP NEW SEALED RARE USD $79.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Katatonia - 4 CDs Lot Great Cold Distance July Night Is The New Day Opeth Wilson USD $19.99 Buy It Now 22 days
KATATONIA - Great Cold Distance - 2 CD - Special Edition Extra Tracks - **VG** USD $48.49 Buy It Now 23 days
KATATONIA - Great Cold Distance - 2 CD - Special Edition Extra Tracks USD $47.95 Buy It Now 23 days
Katatonia 'The Great Cold Distance' Gatefold 2x12" Vinyl - NEW USD $27.70 Buy It Now 23 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance (2017) 180g Vinyl 2LP NEW SPEEDYPOST USD $24.69 Buy It Now 25 days
Great Cold Distance - Katatonia USD $32.46 Buy It Now 25 days
Katatonia - Great Cold Distance [New Vinyl] USD $25.57 Buy It Now 25 days
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance - 2017 (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $31.65 Buy It Now 26 days
Katatonia Great Cold Distance Live In Bulgaria With Orch vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $52.39 Buy It Now 26 days
Great Cold Distance - Katatonia 801056766120 (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.35 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy KATATONIA music online Buy KATATONIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KATATONIA The Great Cold Distance ratings distribution

KATATONIA The Great Cold Distance reviews

Review by Warthur
2 stars I have real problems getting behind doom metal groups who decide to go all alternative rock and inject lots of recycled Pink Floydisms into their music. Whilst Katatonia don't, at least on this album, go quite as far down this particular rabbit hole as peers such as Anathema have, the end result is still a piece which is executed with reasonable technical proficiency but leaves me feeling cold afterwards. And it's not a good sort of cold, not the sort of cold lifeless bleak feeling that, say, the better sort of funeral doom offers, so much as it is the result of a complete failure of a piece of music to move me on an emotional level.
5 stars Well this is the one, my favourite KATATONIA album. I had an "In Absentia" moment the first time I heard this one, which simply means I remember very well where I was when I first spun it and more importantly how blown away I was at the time. There are a few changes from the last recording. First, Travis Smith while still doing the cover art has changed it up adding red to his normally bleak, black and brown art work. Second the atmosphere has been amped up big time which I love as they use FX, loops, programming and effects to great use. Third Jonas' voice is different as it seems smoother and softer and it really works for me. I'd describe this album as a cross between TOOL and PORCUPINE TREE as we still get the heaviness of the last couple of albums but the atmosphere has been increased big time. Bottom line though is that the songs here impress me so much. It's like hearing great tune after great tune all the way through. Like many have stated before me, this is one addictive record. I'm giving my top six tracks this time which is half of the album I know but this is just so good.

"Leaders" is a top six and a great way to start the album. A heavy psychedelic vibe to start before it kicks in hard. Vocals before a minute as it settles, yet we get some heavy, spacey effects. It kicks back in as contrasts continue. A long scream before 2 1/2 minutes sounds amazing and it's back around 4 minutes to end it. "Deliberation" has a nice heavy rhythm with guitar melodies over top as Jonas sings. It's heavier just before a minute but contrasts will continue. So much atmosphere along with a killer chorus. "Soil's Song" is a top six for sure. It's laid back with vocals and a catchy beat to start. This addictive rhythm kicks in early. So good! A spacey calm around 1 1/2 minutes then it kicks back in. Strings end it.

"My Twin" is a top six and how good does this sound early on. That dark and heavy atmosphere with these great vocals. It's so moving when the chorus arrives. Love the instrumental interlude after 2 1/2 minutes. "Consternation" starts with one of the heavier sections of the album. Processed vocals join in quickly as it settles some but not for long. A kick ass song as the vocals switch from processed to normal. I really like the spacey undercurrent after 1 1/2 minutes. It's almost shocking how bright it becomes a minute later then it kicks back in hard before 3 1/2 minutes to the end. "Follower" is a top six and this one is quite dark with vocals. It reminds me of TOOL quite a bit as well. It kicks in hard after a minute followed by a spacey atmosphere as it settles back and contrasts continue. Great track and I like the prominent bass here.

"Rusted" has intricate guitar as the drums and vocals join in. This actually has a feel good vibe which is surprising but that changes when it kicks into gear before a minute. Lots of riffs and heaviness here and then it turns uplifting again. Man I like this song but it's just outside of my top six. "Increase" is crushing from the start but then it calms right down with vocals before a minute. Contrasts continue and the contrasts are huge between the heavy and light passages. "July" is a top six as we get abrasive guitar to start as the vocals join in quickly followed by drums and a wall of sound. Love the TOOL-like urgent rhythm and that long scream. Nice! It's so emotional before 2 minutes. What an incredible piece of music as themes are repeated.

"In The White" is my final top six tune. What impresses me most about this song besides how different it is from the rest is that Swedish melancholy and the LANDBERK-like guitar and mood. The heaviness that is contrasted is killer. "The Itch" is the heaviest track on here overall. After a bombastic intro it settles with vocals. The title of the album is part of the lyrics here. A wall of sound before 1 1/2 minutes and there's that long scream I love late. "Journey Through Pressure" is powerful and slower paced with vocals. So much depth of sound here along with emotion in the vocals. Jonas sings "The sky mover faster this time of year" as in "The sky moves sideways faster this time of year" if you know what I mean.

What can I say about this one? It blew me away the first time I heard it and my opinion after many years hasn't changed. If you've been taking a pass on KATATONIA because of the advertised gloom and doom please check this one out, I think you'll be more than surprised. Masterpiece!

4 stars Here it is, KATATONIA is finally on PA. This swedish progressive metal band has been producing fantastic music for more than 10 years now, it was since "Viva Emptiness" that I completly fell in love for their work and I saw how promising this band would be on the future, I wasn't wrong. This ba ... (read more)

Report this review (#1598745) | Posted by Rodrigo Andrade7 | Thursday, August 18, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KATATONIA "The Great Cold Distance"