KODAMA

6. Onyx

Search ALCEST Kodama lyrics

Search ALCEST Kodama tabs

- Stťphane "Neige" Paut / all instruments, vocals

Available on September 30, 2016 via PROPHECY Productions.

Thanks to peccatum for the addition

ALCEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALCEST Kodama Music

KodamaKodama
Prophecy Productions 2016
KodamaKodama
Import · Limited Edition
Prophecy 2017
Vinyl$24.98

ALCEST-KODAMA (LIMITED EDITION HARDCOVER BOOK) CD NEW USD $37.58 Buy It Now 9h 3m
ALCEST - Kodama - Vinyl (LP) USD $29.20 Buy It Now 3 days
ALCEST Kodama Limited Edition Digibook 2x CD 2016 Prophecy DEAFHEAVEN KATATONIA USD $35.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kodama [LP] by Alcest (Vinyl, Oct-2016, SPKR) USD $18.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Kodama [Slipcase] * by Alcest (CD, Sep-2016, Prophecy) USD $9.33 Buy It Now 5 days
ALCEST - KODAMA (LTD.2CD HARDCOVERBUCH,36SEITIG,18X18 CM 2 CD NEW+ USD $74.29 Buy It Now 6 days
ALCEST - KODAMA CD NEW+ USD $25.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Audio CD: Kodama, Alcest. Good Cond. Import. 884388719026 USD $15.52 Buy It Now 7 days
Alcest - Kodama [LIMITED EDITION DIGI-PACK] [BRAND NEW & SEALED] USD $13.52 Buy It Now 11 days
Alcest - Kodama (Limited Edition Hardcover Book) (NEW 2CD SET) USD $60.84 Buy It Now 11 days
ALCEST - KODAMA [SLIPCASE] * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $11.64 Buy It Now 12 days
Alcest - Kodama [New Vinyl] USD $21.26 Buy It Now 14 days
Alcest - Kodama [New Vinyl] USD $25.50 Buy It Now 14 days
ALCEST - KODAMA * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $43.31 Buy It Now 15 days
ALCEST - KODAMA * NEW CD USD $48.68 Buy It Now 15 days
ALCEST - KODAMA (LIMITED PICTURE VINYL) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $42.91 Buy It Now 15 days
Alcest - Kodama (NEW VINYL LP) USD $29.74 Buy It Now 18 days
ALCEST-KODAMA CD NEW USD $13.92 Buy It Now 18 days
Kodama [Slipcase] * by Alcest. USD $15.96 Buy It Now 19 days
Alcest "Kodama" Vinyl LP - NEW USD $28.38 Buy It Now 19 days
Alcest Kodama LP on Black vinyl USD $27.05 Buy It Now 20 days
ALCEST-KODAMA (LIMITED EDITION HARDCOVER BOOK) (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $41.44 Buy It Now 20 days
ALCEST-KODAMA (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $23.89 Buy It Now 20 days
ALCEST - KODAMA (LTD.GATEFOLD/180 GRAMM VIRGIN BLACK VIN VINYL LP NEW+ USD $32.50 Buy It Now 20 days
ALCEST - KODAMA - BLACK VINYL - record LP agalloch USD $22.09 Buy It Now 20 days
Kodama - Alcest 884388719019 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $19.26 Buy It Now 21 days
ALCEST-KODAMA VINYL NEW USD $23.20 Buy It Now 21 days
Kodama [Slipcase] * by Alcest (CD, Sep-2016, Prophecy) New And Sealed! USD $12.95 Buy It Now 21 days
ALCEST-KODAMA (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $17.07 Buy It Now 21 days
ALCEST-KODAMA VINYL LP NEW USD $98.93 Buy It Now 22 days
Alcest - Kodama [New CD] USD $14.07 Buy It Now 25 days
Alcest - Kodama [New CD] USD $12.25 Buy It Now 25 days
ALCEST "Kodama" 2o16 (VINYL LP) METAL BLACK SHOEGAZE New USD $31.20 Buy It Now 26 days
Kodama - Alcest 884388719026 (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.25 Buy It Now 28 days
ALCEST KODAMA PRO190OBI CD JAPAN 2016 NEW USD $105.19 Buy It Now 28 days
Alcest Kodama vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $37.60 Buy It Now 29 days
Kodama - Alcest 884388719033 (CD Used Very Good) USD $35.57 Buy It Now 30 days

More places to buy ALCEST music online Buy ALCEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ALCEST Kodama ratings distribution

ALCEST Kodama reviews

Review by jammun
4 stars I move slowly these days. I did not even know this crew had released a new album.

After the relative disappointment of Shelter, Neige and co. seem to have decided to return to earlier times and sounds in most ways. These are thoughtful compositions...moving from contemplative to aggressive in the wink of an eye. Even my cat has been surprised by some of the sudden tempo or volume changes, and he snatches birds out of the sky. The vocals either caress or scream. Yes! the screams are back! Yes the guitar washes are back! Everything that I loved about these guys is here in spades. Overall the production seems more fitting which is to say there is now a bottom end, something I complained about on the earlier albums.

I read something somewhere that said this was their "Japanese" album. I don't know what a "Japanese" album is, though I've always liked that song Sukiyaki. I guess, yes, Neige said it was influenced by the film Princess Mononoke. Well enough. It is all full of light and darkness, of earth and air, of death and life.

Of course I still do not understand the words (my fault, I don't speak French). Welcome back Alcest. I'd forgotten about you and it's good to see an old friend can still awe.

Review by Warthur
4 stars Although I liked Alcest's first two albums and considered their particular take on the "Blackgaze" style of black metal/shoegaze mashup to be quite pleasing, their third album Les voyages de l'‚me seemed to find the approach wearing thin, Neige and crew seeming to lose interest in the black metal part of their formula. Their fourth album, Shelter, only served to confirm that impression in my eyes, since it saw them more or less entirely drop the black metal aspects of their sound for a more purely shoegaze approach.

However, perhaps just this sort of diversion was needed to allow Alcest to recharge their black metal batteries, because the full blackgaze style is back on Kodama, a concept album inspired by the conflict between the human and natural worlds as depicted in the classic anime movie Princess Mononoke. The concept isn't as awkward a fit for atmospheric black metal as you may think - after all, aren't Wolves In the Throne Room positively obsessed with just such ideas? - and though the delivery doesn't seem to draw very much on traditional Japanese music (or anime soundtracks) stylistically, it does feel like a welcome return to form for Alcest, and perhaps even their best yet. If the previous two albums were a necessary detour along the way to making this one, then this leaves me slightly better- disposed towards them.

Post a review of ALCEST "Kodama"