SECUENCIAS GENÉTICAS

Buy DECIBEL Music
Studio Album, released in 2016

1. Krampus (8:47)
2. Sago (8:33)
3. El Velo de Isis (5:26)
4. Atlantis (6:17)
5. Terrorist Couple (6:31)
6. T.A.R.D.I.S (7:14)

- Carlos Vivanco / guitars, keyboards
- Walter Schmidt / bass, keyboards, vocals, toys

Discos Abronia
Discos Intolerancia

Thanks to memowakeman for the addition

DECIBEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DECIBEL Secuencias Genéticas Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
El Poeta Del RuidoEl Poeta Del Ruido
Vam Records 2014
DecibelDecibel
EP · Single
Tectonic 2012
Vinyl$29.99

More places to buy DECIBEL music online Buy DECIBEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

DECIBEL Secuencias Genéticas ratings distribution

DECIBEL Secuencias Genéticas reviews

Review by admireArt
4 stars For those who are not that close, geographically speaking, DECIBEL still is an underground, independent music project, that has survived in an almost unexistent non-mainstream music scene, in a highly restless but money enslaved and deprived country like mine (Mexico).

For anyone who may not know, DECIBEL's founding members, Carlos Robledo and Walter Schmidt have "founded" other music projects. Of the ones I have been aware of , one a true to Punk styled band named "SIZE" (1980) and another a neo-romantic combo named "Casino Shangai" (1990), this I mention besides updating those interested, due to the fact that there are some traces, here and there, of these self owned roots, besides of course the obvious and deeply rooted, DECIBEL's primary connection, to Rock in Opposition and Avant Garde stylings.

So to me DECIBEL's "Secuencias GenĂŠticas" , 2016, apart from other reviewers opinions, it is not that far fetched to understand the predominant use of, thanks all Gods, ELECTRONICS!! In fact these remarkable musicians introduced me personaly, back in time, to Progressive Electronics when they were actually happening and in its peak era (the 70's if you wondered).

DECIBEL has never sounded this good, and I am no die hard patriot (as my other DECIBEL review will clearly show), but I am a big Electronic music fan and DECIBEL, again I repeat, has never sounded this good and focused!

Almost flawless, "Terrorist Couple" (track5) is the weak spot of this release, (it just runs a bit too long, 3 minutes would have been more than enough), their music language has absorbed its own and foreign musical influences, blending and simplifying them without losing their well known daring and experimental nature, adding a sound engineering, at last, which amplifies the somewhat hidden details in their music structures, which always have been there, but never recorded this good.

As far as richness in styling, besides, the electronic emphasis and gentle reminders of past brushes with Punk and New Wave, in varied and unique forms and their well known random like compositions, there is also Rock in Opposition chamber like music (track 7 "IRIT"), which reminds me also that this same founding members also presented me Univers Zero, which still is one of my top favorite bands. There is also a cinematic, experimental electronic, mood/tribute to painter J.M. Schmill (track 8 "Schmill") whose works grace and are showcased in this release's physical CD, booklet and cover art.

Bold, bright and dark, and highly refined music compositions, which expand the borders of this sub-genre to unexpected electronic places and some....

**** 4.7 PA stars.

Post a review of DECIBEL "Secuencias Genéticas"