LOST AND FOUND

CD 1 (52:46)
1. Preludin (7:38)
2. Along The Way (2:22)
3. Inception (20:02)
4. She (Who Must Be Obeyed) (12:11)
5. Plight Of The Swan (10:33)

CD 2 (57:18)

- Stefan Renström / keyboards, arrangements
- David Myers / piano
- Tom Doncourt / keyboards
- Chip Gremillion / Keyboards
- Steve Scorfina / electric guitar (1)
- Kamran Alan Shikoh / electric guitar (3)
- Johan Öijen / electric and acoustic guitars (4-6)
- Jon Davison / vocals (4)
- Keith Christian / vocals (6)
- Mark Trueack / vocals (6)
- Linus Kåse / saxophones (6)
- Llorián García / electronic bagpipes (6)
- Richard Maddocks / narration (6)

Artwork: Ed Unitsky

CD Seacrest Oy ‎- SCR 1012 (2016, Finland)

Thanks to SamuraiProg for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

THE SAMURAI OF PROG MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE SAMURAI OF PROG Lost And Found Music

Lost & FoundLost & Found
Imports 2016

More places to buy THE SAMURAI OF PROG music online Buy THE SAMURAI OF PROG & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE SAMURAI OF PROG Lost And Found ratings distribution

THE SAMURAI OF PROG Lost And Found reviews

Review by Matti
4 stars Multinational virtual band THE SAMURAI F PROG, steered by bassist Marco Bernard, continue tirelessly their pilgrimage into the 70's epic progressive rock. The core trio is again accompanied by a big cast of international prog musicians, and this time to the fullest extent keyboardist Stefan Renström and guitarist Johan Öijen (whoever they are). As you may remember, TSoP's first two albums contain covers of mostly well-known prog classics, and the music on The Imperial Hotel (2014) was composed by the keyboard-playing collaborators such as Robert Webb of ENGLAND. I was pretty enthusiastic for that work, but now I feel sort of exhausted and I'm not completely convinced of the material that originates from the mid/late 70's.

Actually my initial listening was coloured by negative thoughts of pretentiousness, the kind of "prog for prog's sake" that screamed for the table-cleaning tsunami of the punk movement. That is, these long and complex compositions left me rather cold emotionally (just like TULL's A Passion Play does). I even thought very cynically: what else to expect from originally shelved and unfinished works by relatively minor followers of YES, GENESIS and ELP, such as LIFT, CATHEDRAL and QUILL? On my second listening I began to admit the possibility that the closer you learn these tracks, the more you like them. For sure, all the musicians give their best, as if these pieces really were lost masterpieces that criminally never before were given a full treatment. It's the vocal department that I'm permanently least satisfied with.

'Preludin' is a complex instrumental originally written for PAVLOV'S DOG, featuring its guitarist Steve Scorfina. It's a bumpy ride, but Steve Unruh's flute and violin are used effectively. 'Along the Way' is a brief piano piece by David Myers, continuing the tradition of all TSoP albums. 20-minute 'Inception' originates from the archives of the US band LIFT. I don't much like the nasal voice of Unruh, but the Genesis/Yes/ELP influences are interesting to say the least.

'She (Who Must Be Obeyed)' - originally composed for ODYSSEY of which I have no specific knowlegde - features vocalist Jon Davison, whose high-pitched Jon Anderson imitation becomes a nuisance on this non-YES context. Anyway the sound is nice & warm with lots of Mellotron and Hammond. When we get to 'Plight of the Swan' sung in a Gabrielish manner by Unruh, I really begin to wish other kinds of vocalists. This one's probably going to remain as my least favourite here.

CD 1 approaches 53 minutes, but CD 2 is even longer with its sole track, an epic dealing with an adventurous quest for magical book (practically worth of a lengthy concept album of its own). The American band QUILL were heavily influenced by ELP and YES. The members are as usual, featured as guests. Sadly this 36-part piece plays as a single track on the CD player... There are beautiful instrumental passages, but again the vocals are the weak link IMHO, and frankly I have no big interest towards the extremely pretentious dramatic context. In the end, for me this monstrous epic is an exhausting time-stealer instead of an uplifting, magnificent listening experience that a prog epic ought to be.

All in all, the grandiose and complex prog itself gets only 3½ stars with all my negative remarks considered, but the lavish artwork of Ed Unitsky easily dictates how I round my rating!

Review by Windhawk
4 stars The multinational (based in Finland) project THE SAMURAI OF PROG is a venture that was started by Marco Bernard and Kimmo Porsti back in 2009, from 2010 and onwards also featuring the talents of Steve Unruh. They started out releasing an album mainly consisting of cover material, but have gradually started to incorporate a growing number of original compositions with successive productions. "Lost and Found" is their fourth studio album, and was released in the spring of 2016 by the Finnish label Seacrest Oy.

Those who know, love and treasure vintage-era symphonic progressive rock should take note of this double album straight way, at least those not already aware of its existence. This is a double feature of vintage compositions created in the vintage era, never officially released, that have been reworked and recorded by a quality set of musicians today. The performances are good, the production is good, and there's an air of well thought out, well developed and solid quality about this entire production. A delightful treat for the right audience.

5 stars Welcome to the amazing world of The Samurai of Prog again,and you are invited to be a part of another fascinating amazing musical journey!Here we have the fourth album of this amazing multi national band,and they did it again,in big style!LOST AND FOUND is a double album,and all the loyal fa ... (read more)

Report this review (#1561249) | Posted by Ovidiu | Thursday, May 12, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE SAMURAI OF PROG "Lost And Found"