LYCHGATE

Buy LYCHGATE Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. The Inception (1:05)
2. Resentment (5:39)
3. Against the Paradoxical Guild (6:17)
4. In Self Ruin (3:30)
5. Sceptre to Control the World (5:30)
6. Intermezzo (1:00)
7. Triumphalism (4:37)
8. Dust of a Gun Barrel (6:08)
9. When Scorn Can Scourge No More (4:00)

- Vortigern / guitars, chants, organ, keyboards

- F. Young / guest organ

Released by Mordgrimm, April 29th, 2013

Thanks to Prog Sothoth for the addition

Buy LYCHGATE Lychgate Music

Lychgate an antidote to the glass pill 2 lp vinyl like new gold USD $25.00 [0 bids]
LYCHGATE-AN ANTIDOTE FOR THE GLASS PILL VINYL NEW USD $34.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Lychgate - Contagion In Nine Steps [New CD] USD $15.35 Buy It Now 4 days
Lychgate - Contagion In Nine Steps [New Vinyl LP] USD $25.44 Buy It Now 4 days
Lychgate - Contagion In Nine Steps [New Vinyl LP] USD $29.93 Buy It Now 4 days
Lychgate - Contagion In Nine Steps [New CD] USD $14.62 Buy It Now 4 days
Lychgate - An Antidote for the Glass Pill [New Vinyl LP] USD $30.35 Buy It Now 5 days
LYCHGATE-AN ANTIDOTE FOR THE GLASS PILL VINYL LP NEW USD $34.39 Buy It Now 5 days
Contagion in Nine Steps - Lychgate Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $19.24 Buy It Now 7 days
Contagion in Nine Steps - Lychgate Vinyl Free Shipping! USD $30.54 Buy It Now 7 days
Lychgate - An Antidote for the Glass Pill [New CD] USD $14.36 Buy It Now 7 days
Lychgate - An Antidote for the Glass Pill [New CD] USD $16.12 Buy It Now 8 days
LYCHGATE - AN ANTIDOTE FOR THE GLASS PILL [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $16.11 Buy It Now 9 days
Zero Tolerance Magazine CD ISSUE 53 ZTAUDIO050 Paganizer Sidious Lychgate Bolzer USD $11.97 Buy It Now 10 days
LYCHGATE-CONTAGION IN.. -DIGI- CD NEW USD $16.14 Buy It Now 11 days
LYCHGATE-CONTAGION IN NINE STEPS VINYL LP NEW USD $26.21 Buy It Now 11 days
The Contagion In Nine Steps Lychgate (Audio CD) USD $16.47 Buy It Now 11 days
Lychgate - An Antidote For The Glass Pill (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $42.41 Buy It Now 12 days
Lychgate - An Antidote For The Glass Pill (NEW CD) USD $22.77 Buy It Now 12 days
An Antidote for the Glass Pill by Lychgate (Vinyl, Nov-2015, Blood Music) USD $34.38 Buy It Now 12 days
Lychgate - The Contagion In Nine Steps (NEW VINYL LP) USD $36.45 Buy It Now 12 days
Lychgate - The Contagion In Nine Steps (NEW CD DIGI) USD $19.27 Buy It Now 12 days
LYCHGATE - THE CONTAGION IN NINE STEPS (VINYL) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $40.32 Buy It Now 13 days
Lychgate - The Contagion In Nine Steps VINYL LP USD $24.52 Buy It Now 13 days
An Antidote for the Glass Pill - Lychgate CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping! USD $19.48 Buy It Now 14 days
LYCHGATE - The Contagion In Nine Steps - Vinyl (180 gram vinyl LP) USD $32.60 Buy It Now 15 days
Lychgate: An Antidote For The Glass Pill (CD) USD $29.85 Buy It Now 17 days
LYCHGATE An Antidote For The Glass Pill CD avant black esoteric ved buens ende USD $14.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Lychgate - Contagion In Nine Steps 764072824420 (CD Used Like New) USD $13.35 Buy It Now 22 days
Lychgate-An Antidote for the Glass Pill CD NEW USD $16.14 Buy It Now 22 days
Orpheus - Philosopher Of The Sublime (CD 2010) SANCTUS NEX MACABRE OMEN LYCHGATE USD $5.17 Buy It Now 25 days
Lychgate - Contagion In Nine Steps 764072824413 (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $23.44 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy LYCHGATE music online Buy LYCHGATE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

LYCHGATE Lychgate ratings distribution

LYCHGATE Lychgate reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Lychgate' - Lychgate (75/100)

I have recently been taken aback by the release of Lychgate's second album, An Antidote for the Glass Pill. Although I found their matrimony of black metal and funeral doom atmosphere to immediately click with me, I felt the rare compulsion to bear witness to their earlier work, to see how it was they had come upon such an unnerving sound. While it may seem comparably straightforward now in light of its successor, Lychgate's self-titled is a truly maniacal album. Seldom are visions so promising found on a black metal debut, even if it would take the band a few more years to properly realize it.

Lychgate found its origins in Archaicus, a one-man imagining from multi-instrumentalist Vortigern. Although one effectively became the other when full-time members joined the fold, Lychgate covers a far greater range than the Second Wave fuzz of its predecessor. Looking into the band's other members has brought me much closer to making sense of the band's unique style. Most notably, Esoteric's Greg Chandler handles the vocals here. His resonant growls are immediately distinctive, and are used to similar effect here as they are with his flagship band. Drummer Thomas Vallely may be best known for his work in Macabre Omen, but on a more personal note, I was surprised to see he and Vortigern had comprised the members of Orpheus, a one-time project I'd discovered during my prog rock explorations.

While I firmly stand by the notion that An Antidote for the Glass Pill has demonstrated just how far this self- titled was from reaching its stylistic ends, Lychgate introduced themselves in 2013 backed by a vicious range of influences. Although there is nothing to separate the music's essence from that of black metal tradition, Chandler's influence is firmly felt in the album's bleak atmosphere, which is dissociative enough to provoke comparison with funeral doom. Lychgate's 'doomy' impression is furthered considerably by Vortigern's use of swirling organ dissonance. While the actual black metal riffs here are actually quite melodic (in an almost Dissection sense) the music's consistently 'softest' ingredient is also its most punishing and atonal. Again, Lychgate introduced this punishing use of Gothic organ here, but it wouldn't be until the second album that the compositions exploit it for all its worth.

Although my strongest impression for the album is rooted in its experimentation with doom, a deceptively significant amount of the album's length is actually led by a more straight-played take on black metal. The above- mentioned atmospheric terror is ubiquitous throughout, but Lychgate songwriting doesn't appear to have fully embraced the fringier ends of their style. Quite often, I was not only reminded of Dissection, but mid- career Opeth, particularly on "Sceptre to Control the World" and "When Scorn Can Scourge No More". It's not that Lychgate didn't use these melodic influences admirably-- I found myself particularly endeared whenever I heard a trick from Storm of the Light's Bane used-- but I get the overarching sense that Lychgate's true identity lay on the dissonant end of their spectrum. This is a great debut by every account, but I think their second album has proven my assumption correct.

Post a review of LYCHGATE "Lychgate"