ALL YOU CAN EAT

- Vincenzo Lamagna / bass guitar
- Salvatore Rainone / drums

All tracks arranged by Slivovitz
Recorded, mixed and mastered by Fabrizio Piccolo
@ Trail Studio, Naples, Italy in May /June 2015.
Produced by Slivovitz and Fabrizio Piccolo

Released 20 August 2015

CD and Digital album MoonJune Records (2015)

Thanks to lunarston for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

SLIVOVITZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SLIVOVITZ All You Can Eat Music

All You Can EatAll You Can Eat
Moonjune Records 2015
All You Can Eat by SlivovitzAll You Can Eat by Slivovitz
Moonjune

More places to buy SLIVOVITZ music online Buy SLIVOVITZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SLIVOVITZ All You Can Eat ratings distribution

SLIVOVITZ All You Can Eat reviews

Review by memowakeman
4 stars I love this musical world because it is endless and always surprising you with new discoveries; and though I had already heard of Slivovitz, honestly I had not listened carefully to their music until this new 2015 album entitled All You Can Eat came to my hands. Released under Moonjune Records label, this Italian combo offers the listener a quite adventurous journey through experimental jazz and fusion, in whose 47 minutes of time, your ears will be completely satisfied.

The journey begins with "Persian Nights", a track that fuses jazz with avant-garde, in which the band makes a progressive, powerful song whose intensity increases while the seconds pass. The wind instruments create wonderful nuances, while violin adds cadency and guitars energy. Later it slows down and the trumpet appears, taking us a bit back to those Miles' years; later it progresses again and the last minute is truly exciting. This is a great opening song! "Mani in Faccia" has an exquisite blend of elements, while sax and trumpet put the energy, violin adds softness, and guitar quirkiness. I am not an expert on jazz, so I cannot tell you which style does Silvovitz play, however, I believe it is a quite original act that would please anyone's ears.

"Yahtzee" has a much softer beginning, without a clear structure, but a nice experimental passage. Then after two minutes, drums enter and introduce a new rhythm while saxophone plays a delicious sound. In the second part, guitar is what takes our attention, you will notice it. Though "Passannante" is the shortest track here, I must say it is one of the most interesting ones, due to that avant-jazz sound full of pauses and changes, showing us a very clever composition. Here we can also appreciate a new element: harmonica, an element which is uses also in "Barotrauma", a softer track that reminds me a bit of some 70s jazz and Canterbury passages mainly in the first part.

I believe "Hangover" is probably the friendliest track here, I mean, the easiest to dig and to listen, not so experimental and with a soft rhythm than any fan of music could enjoy. A nice one, but not my favorite track definitely. On the other hand, "Currywurst" became my favorite one since the second time I listened to the album. I love how its rhythm caught me, making me move my head and body with this mixture of jazz, fusion and even blues, implemented of course, by harmonica and guitars. The album finishes with "Oblio" which offers in the first minutes the softer side of Slivovitz, but later it becomes heavier with the electric guitar, so I believe this track sums up what their music is about.

I have played this album with some friends who have enjoyed it, because it is great, which is why I invite you to listen to Slivovitz and if get this release from their bandcamp site, or from Moonjune Records. My final grade, four stars.

Enjoy it!

4 stars "All You Can Eat" is a great instrumental album bordering on classic. Slivovitz have their own unique sound based on Jazz/Classical/Rock/Funk/Blues elements. Influences that I can detect are Weather Report, Return to Forever, early Stanley Clarke, the jazzier side of Steely Dan and the like. Ea ... (read more)

Report this review (#1559360) | Posted by schizoidman | Thursday, May 5, 2016 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is impressive, an enjoyable jazz prog album, each track contains a set of violin solos, with the correct melodies becomes an exciting journey through songs such as Persian Nights, Passannante, Hangover. The trumpets are manifested throughout the whole album, Barotrauma and Persian Ni ... (read more)

Report this review (#1559321) | Posted by dNZh | Thursday, May 5, 2016 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SLIVOVITZ "All You Can Eat"