THE OBLIVION PARTICLE

Buy SPOCK'S BEARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2015

1. Tides of Time (7:45)
2. Minion (6:53)
3. Hell's Not Enough (6:23)
4. Bennett Built a Time Machine (6:52)
5. Get Out While You Can (4:55)
6. A Better Way to Fly (8:57)
7. The Center Line (7:05)
8. To Be Free Again (10:24)
9. Disappear (6:36)

Bonus track on US 2015 Limited Edition CD:
10. Iron Man (6:14)

Search SPOCK'S BEARD The Oblivion Particle lyrics

Search SPOCK'S BEARD The Oblivion Particle tabs

- Ted Leonard / lead & backing vocals, guitar
- Alan Morse / guitars, mandolin, electric sitar, banjolele, autoharp, backing vocals, co-producer
- Ryo Okumoto / piano, organ, Mellotron, synths
- Dave Meros / bass, synth bass, backing vocals
- Jimmy Keegan / drums, percussion, backing vocals

With:
- David Ragsdale / violin (9)

ArtWork: Thomas Ewerhard

2LP Inside Out Music ‎- IOMLP 426 (2015, Germany)

CD Inside Out Music ‎- 0507172 (2015, Germany)
CD Inside Out Music ‎- IOMLTDCD 426 (2015, US) Limited edition with a bonus track

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

SPOCK'S BEARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPOCK'S BEARD The Oblivion Particle Music

The Oblivion ParticleThe Oblivion Particle
Inside Out Music 2015
The Oblivion Particle by Spock's BeardThe Oblivion Particle by Spock's Beard
InsideOutMusic
Oblivion Particle by Inside Out U.S.Oblivion Particle by Inside Out U.S.
Inside Out U.S.

Spock's Beard - Oblivion Particle [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $14.27 Buy It Now 5 days
Spock's Beard - Oblivion Particle [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $14.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Spock's Beard-The Oblivion Particle (UK IMPORT) Vinyl / 12" Album with CD NEW USD $23.72 Buy It Now 6 days
SPOCK'S BEARD - THE OBLIVION PARTICLE (LIMITED EDITION) CD NEW+ USD $27.62 Buy It Now 7 days
Oblivion Particle - Spock's Beard 885417071726 (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.29 Buy It Now 7 days
Spock's Beard - Oblivion Particle [New Vinyl LP] Holland - Import USD $23.71 Buy It Now 8 days
Oblivion Particle - Beard Spock's Compact Disc USD $18.12 Buy It Now 9 days
SPOCK'S BEARD - THE OBLIVION PARTICLE 2LP ltd to 100 CLEAR VINYL USD $150.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Spock's Beard-The Oblivion Particle (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.21 Buy It Now 11 days
Spock's Beard - The Oblivion Particle SEALED NEW CD 2015 THOUGHT CHAMBER ENCHANT USD $10.27 Buy It Now 11 days
Spocks Beard Oblivion Particle EU vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $49.84 Buy It Now 13 days
Spock's Beard-The Oblivion Particle CD NEW USD $12.73 Buy It Now 13 days
Spock's Beard - The Oblivion Particle (NEW CD) USD $15.09 Buy It Now 14 days
Spock's Beard The Oblivion Particle Autographed Postcard 2-LP Vinyl Record Album USD $55.00 Buy It Now 14 days
SPOCK'S BEARD THE OBLIVION PARTICLE [2LP] Orange 2015 New USD $129.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Spock's Beard - The Oblivion Particle (Deluxe Limited) (NEW CD) USD $19.92 Buy It Now 15 days
SPOCK'S BEARD THE OBLIVION PARTICLE (GATEFOLD ORANGE 2LP+CD) 100 COPIES USD $82.99 Buy It Now 15 days
SPOCK'S BEARD - THE OBLIVION PARTICLE [DIGIPAK] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $10.45 Buy It Now 16 days
SPOCK'S BEARD - THE OBLIVION PARTICLE [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $14.28 Buy It Now 16 days
SPOCK'S BEARD - THE OBLIVION PARTICLE * NEW CD USD $26.87 Buy It Now 16 days
Spock's Beard ?- The Oblivion Particle CD NEW USD $16.97 Buy It Now 17 days
The Oblivion Particle by Spock's Beard. USD $21.05 Buy It Now 21 days
Spock's Beard-The Oblivion Particle (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.57 Buy It Now 23 days
SPOCK'S BEARD - THE OBLIVION PARTICLE (2LP+CD) 2 VINYL LP + CD NEW+ USD $32.49 Buy It Now 23 days
SPOCK'S BEARD - THE OBLIVION PARTICLE, ORG 2015 EU 180G vinyl 2LP + CD, SEALED! USD $44.99 Buy It Now 25 days
The Oblivion Particle [Digipak] by Spock's Beard (CD, Aug-2015, 3 Discs,... USD $11.35 Buy It Now 26 days
SPOCK'S BEARD - The Oblivion Particle sealed 2015 ELITE USA PROG ROCK USD $12.84 Buy It Now 26 days
SPOCK'S BEARD THE OBLIVION PARTICLE 1 EXTRA TRACK CD MEDIABOOK NEW USD $22.85 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy SPOCK'S BEARD music online Buy SPOCK'S BEARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SPOCK'S BEARD The Oblivion Particle ratings distribution

SPOCK'S BEARD The Oblivion Particle reviews

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team
4 stars I wasn't sure if the band was going in the right direction after Neal Morse departure. But things has improved lately with the band's music. And this new CD is another good example of that improvement. "Tides of Time" show some of the Spock's Beard style we are used to hear highlighted with the unique Ryo Okumoto keyboards sound, the voice of Ted Leonard evoke Steve Walsh as the music. "Minion" with his original intro that will be repeated a few times brings influences from Enchant."Bennett Built a Time Machine" show the beautiful vocals of drummer Jimmy Keegan and we are treated with the most impressive instrumental passage this far and very different from what we are used from the band."Get Out While You Can" is a weak track and dispensable. In the song"A Better Way to Fly" the vocals harmonies are very impressive and all the musicians are delivering some very dynamic playing that takes us back to some of the great bands of the 70's. "The Center Life" brings some symphonic passages with a progressive rock turnaround in the middle before getting back to the main chorus. The final song "Disappear" brings another mood to the whole album with David Ragsdale of Kansas. We also have another rip- off from the book of Gentle Giant, but the song is brilliant! This is not a perfect album, but we have some of the most original songs from the band this far which is refreshing for those who were looking for something new.
Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars After the previous Spock's Beard album, "Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep", completely floored me with it's combination of Neal Morse's guest appearance as musician and songwriter, and the freshness of new lead vocalist Ted Leonard (Enchant), I was greatly anticipating the followup to such a strong showing. While not quite the gem "Nocturnes" is, "The Oblivion Particle" hits the mark.

The album tells the story of Bennett Lamb, a sort of mad scientist type who uses the "oblivion particle" to build himself a time machine to use to visit his younger self to correct some not-so-fortunate decisions he had made. I'll admit that this doesn't sound like the most original of stories, but The Beardies tackle it with humor and their usual musical adeptness.

John Boegehold wrote half of the tracks on the album. I must admit that this didn't thrill me, as he wrote much of the disappointing "Feel Euphoria" and "Octave" albums. Yet somewhere along the way he learned how to write some exceptional Spock's Beard songs.

Favorite songs on the album:

"Minion" by Ted Leonard. A song that blends the modern SB sound with a little bit of Kansas (David Ragsdale appears on this album, but not this track) with a bit of Genesis. The lyrics are great, and point out Leonard's influence on the previous album.

"Bennett Built A Time Machine", a Brian Wilson styled track (written by Boegehold), with an exceptional symphonic interlude.

There is not a bad track on the album, and it shows that Spock's Beard doesn't need Neal to provide top level prog.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars A better way to fly!

I have never been much of a Spock's Beard fan, but having learned that Ted Leonard from Enchant and Thought Chamber is now the lead vocalist of the band I decided to give their two most recent albums a chance. The latest to date is The Oblivion Particle from last year which is a very positive surprise for me!

The band sounds more inspired and vibrant here than on anything I have heard from them before. Bass, drums, guitars, keyboards, and vocals are all absolutely top notch throughout and so is the production, but the most important thing is the quality of the material which is were I have often found Spock's Beard to be lacking in the past. I was surprised to see that so much of the material is written by outside writers with five of the nine tracks being credited to producer John Boegehold and another one to a Stan Ausmus. Two tracks are penned by Leonard and one is a collaboration between Alan Morse and Ryo Okumoto. While there are no weak tracks at all, my favourites are the final four (A Better Way To Fly, The Center Line, To Be Free Again, and Disappear) and the opener (Tides Of Time).

This album is a bit darker and heavier than the previous Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep, and it is also instrumentally more diverse with many lovely acoustic instruments like autoharp, banjolele, electric sitar, and mandolin appearing to great effect, and also on the closing track David Ragsdale from Kansas guests on violin. There is also lots of tasteful classical piano on many occasions throughout the album. The Center Line goes full Keith Emerson in the beginning and end.

The influences include many of the usual suspects like Genesis and Kansas, but this time around they are better digested and balanced and it is not the case here like on some earlier Spock's Beard albums that one section sounds like a rip-off of, for example, Gentle Giant and the next section of another classic band, etc. Tides Of Time sounds like a cross between Genesis and Deep Purple with Ted Leonard singing in a Peter Gabriel/Phil Collins style and a nice acoustic guitar break leading into hard rocking end section.

The Oblivion Particle is quite possibly Spock's Beard's best album! Highly recommended even to those, like myself, who never fell for earlier Spock's Beard.

3 stars Spock's Beard's 2015 release 'The Oblivion Particle' is overall a pretty entertaining listen; there are definitely a few excellent progressive rock songs on this hour plus record. My biggest issue with this release, however, is a lack of consistency from one song to the next. The album opener, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1539167) | Posted by AndyJ | Sunday, March 13, 2016 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I was a big fan of Enchant, and maybe the biggest ever of Spock`s beard before the split with Neal Morse. So, after I already had finished with the "new" Beards, I have to realize, that SB is back! For me , "THE OBLIVION PARTICLE" is a great album, combining symphonic prog rock with that "old sch ... (read more)

Report this review (#1479575) | Posted by Stefan_lu | Tuesday, October 27, 2015 | Review Permanlink

5 stars For my delight...as far the best SB album. There is a renewal of fantastic symphonic prog rock (that even with Neal Morse was not so inspired) And Ted Leonard in vocalsĦĦĦĦ?? The (nowadays) best prog rock voice(in my opinion) How will Ted Leonard go to the live shows with Enchant, Transatlanti ... (read more)

Report this review (#1456588) | Posted by robbob | Wednesday, August 26, 2015 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This new release by Spock's Beard is interesting to say the least.This is a band that has survived the departure of it's two main vocalists in Neal Morse and Nick D'Virgilio,and with new vocalist Enchant's Ted Leonard,has recorded an album that has some elements of the earlier records,but this t ... (read more)

Report this review (#1455934) | Posted by the lighthouse keepe | Monday, August 24, 2015 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Spock's Beard never ceases to amaze me. The Oblivion Particle has so much prog goodness to love, that it will just draw you in Bennett Built a Time Machine to take this release back to the 70s, because it is loaded with classic material. The band has built such a huge catalog of excellent albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#1455682) | Posted by javajeff | Sunday, August 23, 2015 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPOCK'S BEARD "The Oblivion Particle"