ROCK & ROLL

Good, but non-essential

Buy VANILLA FUDGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1969

1. Need Love (4:58)
2. Lord In The Country (4:34)
3. I Can't Make It Alone (4:46)
4. Street Walking Woman The Beat (6:12)
5. Church Bells Of St. Martins (4:39)
6. The Windmills Of Your Mind (6:03)
7. If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody (6:19)

Total time 37:31

Bonus tracks on 1991 CD release:
8. Good Good Lovin' (1969 Single) (2:59)
9. Shotgun (1969 Single) (2:29)
10. Where Is My Mind (1968 Single) (2:41)
11. Need Love ((1969 Single 7" version) (2:39)

Bonus track on 1998 reissue:
8. Break Song (Unissued Studio Version) (19:57)

Bonus tracks on 2013 remaster:
8. All In Your Mind ( recorded during the sessions for Rock & Roll) (3:05)
9. Need Love (mono single version) (2:40)
10. I Can't Make It Alone (single version) (3:37)
11. Lord In The Country (single version) (3:02)

Search VANILLA FUDGE Rock & Roll lyrics

Search VANILLA FUDGE Rock & Roll tabs

- Vince Martell / guitar, vocals (1,4)
- Mark Stein / keyboards, vocals (2,3,5-7)
- Tim Bogert / bass, vocals
- Carmine Appice / drums, vocals (7)

With:
- Charles Morrow / fanfare arrangement (2)

LP ATCO Records ‎- SD 33-303 (1969, US)

CD Repertoire Records ‎- REP 4168-WZ (1991, Germany) With 4 bonus tracks
CD Sundazed Music ‎- SC 6145 (1998, US) With a bonus track
CD Esoteric Recordings ‎- ECLEC2391 (2013, UK) Remastered with 4 bonus tracks

and to Quinino for the last updates

VANILLA FUDGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VANILLA FUDGE Rock & Roll Music

Rock & RollRock & Roll
Sony Music Canada Inc. 2014
Rock & Roll (USA 1st pressing vinyl LP)Rock & Roll (USA 1st pressing vinyl LP)
Atco
Vinyl$12.12 (used)

Vanilla Fudge - Rock and Roll (Remastered Edition) [CD] USD $16.15 Buy It Now
Vanilla Fudge Rock & Roll record SD33-203 Stereo USD $3.00 [0 bids]
VANILLA FUDGE 1969 Rock & Roll 12" Atco SD 33-303 Psych Stein Bogert Appice VG+ USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Vanilla Fudge, Vanilla Fudge, Excellent Like New USD $8.44 Buy It Now
VANILLA FUDGE - Orchestral Fudge - CD ** Brand New ** USD $50.95 Buy It Now
Vanilla Fudge - S/T Self Titled Debut MONO COLOURED Vinyl LP IN STOCK NEW/SEALED USD $23.90 Buy It Now
Vanilla Fudge : Psychedelic Sundae: The Best of Vanilla Fudge CD (1993) USD $6.96 Buy It Now
VANILLA FUDGE SAME ATLANTIC P-4534A JAPAN LP USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Vanilla Fudge MYSTERY 1984 Atco 90149-1 NEW sealed USD $9.95 Buy It Now 31m 16s
Vanilla Fudge Renaissance Orig Rock Classics Stereo MID 20 045 Germany SEALED USD $19.95 Buy It Now 32m 51s
VANILLA FUDGE-THEN AND NOW (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $23.45 Buy It Now 2h 26m
vanilla fudge atco-33-237 the beat goes on-gatefold NM USD $29.95 Buy It Now 2h 53m
LP Vanilla Fudge Rock & Roll USD $14.39 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Various - Super Hits Vol 3 LP (Cream, Aretha Franklin Vanilla Fudge Sam Dave) VG USD $3.92 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Vanilla Fudge Come By Day/You Keep Me Hangin' 7" 45 rpm Atco Records VG USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Vanilla Fudge Windmills of Your Mind/Lord In The 7" 45 rpm Atco Records VG USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 47m
VANILLA FUDGE VANILLA FUDGE USD $0.99 [0 bids]
VANILLA FUDGE (TIM BOGERT, CARMINE APPICE): ROCK & ROLL (CD - 2013 - LIKE NEW) USD $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Vanilla Fudge - Vanilla Fudge [New CD] USD $10.52 Buy It Now 7h 44m
RAIN Make The Day Break LP/'74 Norway/Heavy Keys Rock/Prog/Vanilla Fudge/SHADOKS USD $49.98 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Hits by Vanilla Fudge (CD, 1999, Rhino Flashback (Label)) USD $5.69 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Vanilla Fudge, The Beat Goes On, Atco Records SD 33-237, 1968, Gate, PSYCH ROCK USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Carmine Appice Signed 7" Belgium Be My Baby Vinyl Record 45 Vanilla Fudge Cactus USD $39.99 [0 bids]
VANILLA FUDGE-THEN AND NOW CD NEW USD $27.34 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Vanilla Fudge - Season Of The Witch Pt. 1 & 2 Mint- 45-6632 ATCO 1968 USA 7" 45 USD $18.00 Buy It Now 11h 39m
VANILLA FUDGE s/t ORIGINAL 1st LP US PRESS 1D/1F CT (pink/brown label) VG++ USD $20.09 Buy It Now 11h 41m
VANILLA FUDGE the best of US ORIGINAL PROMO LP some velvet morning classic rock  USD $10.72 Buy It Now 11h 41m
Lot of 20 ROCK LPs BOB DYLAN Vanilla Fudge GEORGE HARRISON Sugar Loaf SANTANA USD $7.00 [0 bids]
CARMINE APPICE SELF-TITLED EX VANILLA FUDGE 1981 PASHA RECORDS PROMO LP / RECORD USD $24.00 Buy It Now 14h 59m
VANILLA FUDGE "THE BEAT GOES ON " LP GATEFOLD 1968 1ST PRESS PSYCHEDELIC USD $9.09 Buy It Now 15h 38m
VANILLA FUDGE - You Keep Me Hangin On &Thoughts. Two 45 rpm '67-'68 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 51m
Vanilla Fudge - LP Album record USD $1.29 [2 bids]
CACTUS Cactus 180g vinyl LP Sealed Vanilla Fudge Tim Bogert USD $33.10 [0 bids]
Vanilla Fudge - Near The Beginning Vinyl LP. Atco K40075 NEAR MINT VINYL USD $13.32 Buy It Now 22h 57m
Vanilla Fudge/Best of New FREEPOST CD Rare 60's PSYCHEDELIA +UKeep me Hanging on USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE 7" PS Japan YOU KEEP ME HANGING ON r7990 USD $8.90 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE RENAISSANCE, 60's HEAVY PSYCH POP HARD ROCK w 3 BONUS TRACKS CD USD $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE ROCK & ROLL, 60s HEAVY PSYCH HARD POP ROCK w BONUS TRACKS CD USD $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE - VANILLA FUDGE CD ROCK 7 TRACKS NEW+ USD $14.76 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE - PSYCHEDELIC SUNDAY-BEST OF CD NEW+ USD $14.76 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE ( NEAR THE BEGINNING ) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
3 VANILLA FUDGE LP LOT "ROCK & ROLL - RENAISSANCE - NEAR THE BEGINNING" (VG/VG+) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 3 VANILLA FUDGE LP's The Beat Goes, Renaissance, Self Titled USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE Shotgun 7" VINYL US Atco B/w Good Good Lovin' But Has Small USD $6.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Vanilla Fudge; The Beat Goes On on LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE Near The Beginning LP VINYL UK Atco 1981 4 Track Original Rock USD $17.43 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE Eleanor Rigby 7" VINYL UK Atlantic 1967 Three Prong Label Design USD $6.65 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE Take Me For A Little While 7" VINYL US Atlantic Oldies Series USD $6.65 Buy It Now 1 day
VANILLA FUDGE THE BEAT GOES ON 1968 ATLANTIC SD 33-237 PSYCH LP / RECORDS USD $24.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Vanilla Fudge LP Atco SD 33-224 , 1967 Psych rock vinyl USD $6.75 [0 bids]
USD $8.78 Buy It Now
'SUMMER DAZE' 2015 UK 'Classic Rock' Compilation Promo CD - Vanilla Fudge, Ash USD $4.58 [0 bids]
Vanilla Fudge - Take Me For A Little While / Thoughts 45 1968 USD $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vanilla Fudge - Near The Beginning first press A1 B1 ATCO 228020 1969 vinyl USD $29.30 Buy It Now 1 day
THE VANILLA FUDGE ATCO PROMO 45 VG++ PSYCH / You Keep Me Hangin On USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock / Psych - The Vanilla Fudge ATCO 84 Season of the witch Part 1 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rock Psych Vanilla Fudge ATCO 53 You keep me hanging on / Take me for a little ? USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Power of Rock-FOGHAT/LOVERBOY/VANILLA FUDGE/CINDERELLA...NEW SEALED (2 DISCS) CD USD $6.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanilla Fudge - Spirit of '67 [New Vinyl] USD $27.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanilla Fudge Renaissance Psych Original ATCO SD 33-244 LP Vinyl Record Album USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VANILLA FUDGE - THE BEAT GOES ON - ATCO TRI COL LABEL 1968 VINYL LP RECORD -L USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Carmine Appice Rare Authentic Signed Vinyl LP Record Vanilla Fudge Cactus + COA USD $84.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW Rare Earth Rolling Stones Rod Stewart Humble Pie Van Halen Vanilla Fudge CCR USD $69.69 Buy It Now 2 days
VANILLA FUDGE -SPIRIT OF `67 NEW VINYL LP USD $39.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanilla Fudge - Shotgun b/w Good Good Louvin' 7" vinyl record VG+ USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE SUPER GROUPS ATCO SD-33279 (1969) LP VANILLA FUDGE IRON BUTTERFLY CREAM EX USD $3.48 Buy It Now 2 days
VANILLA FUDGE '' NEAR THE BEGINNING '' SD 33-278 1969 USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of Vanilla Fudge by Vanilla Fudge (CD, Nov-1988, Rhino (Label)) USD $22.10 Buy It Now 2 days
AGE OF ATLANTIC LED ZEPPELIN YES CLAPTON VANILLA FUDGE ATLANTIC GATEFOLD 1970 USD $13.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' On/Come By Day, Come By Night 45 RPM Record USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Vanilla Fudge ?- Near The Beginning, MINT ** GERMAN FIRST PRESS. MID20075 USD $19.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanilla Fudge-The Best Of Vanilla Fudge-LP 1982 ATCO 90006-1 Promo USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VANILLA FUDGE-ROCK & ROLL psych rock vinyl LP USD $15.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanilla Fudge Ticket To Ride 1967 Atco American Psych Rock SD33-224 Vinyl LP USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
(m) 1968 - Vanilla Fudge, THE BEAT GOES ON - LP Gatefold Album, ATCO SD-33-237 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanilla Fudge Near The Beginning South African vinyl LP album record ATC9177 USD $51.87 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanilla Fudge LP's x 2, VG+ Originals with no barcode USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VANILLA FUDGE - VANILLA FUDGE SELF TITLE VINTAGE ATCO RECORDS STEREO LP SD33-224 USD $13.91 Buy It Now 2 days
VANILLA FUDGE SAME ATLANTIC SMT-1039 JAPAN LP USD $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VANILLA FUDGE The Best of Vanilla Fudge + You keep me hanging 2 CD JAPAN D0126 USD $5.00 [0 bids]
VANILLA FUDGE "Rock & Roll" ATCO VG+ Vinyl LP Stereo Rock USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VANILLA FUDGE-THE BEAT GOES ON +2-JAPAN ONLY SHM-CD ttt USD $38.99 Buy It Now 2 days
*RARE* VANILLA FUDGE THE BEAT GOES ON 1968 LP RECORD ALBUM SD 33-237 ATCO USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VANILLA FUDGE YOU KEEP ME HANGING ON JAPAN USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VANILLA FUDGE SD 33-224 1967 Lp NEAR MINT CONDITION!! USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Pigeons - While The World Was Eating Vanilla Fudge BRAZIL 1st press LP 1971 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VANILLA FUDGE: I Can't Make It Alone / Need Love 45 (sl dish, sm tol) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge - Spirit of '67 [New Vinyl] USD $22.67 Buy It Now 3 days
VANILLA FUDGE- RENAISSANCE RARE 1974 UK IMPORT - Carmine Appice USD $7.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge, 1967, Atco Records SD33-224 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge ORIG US Promo 45 Some velvet morning EX '69 Hard Rock Psyche   USD $9.07 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge ORIG OZ 45 You keep me hanging on EX '67 Hard Rock Psyche Atlantic USD $9.07 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge~Orig US LP Rock & roll EX 1969 Hard Rock Psyche USD $17.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge Rock & Roll 8-Track Tape 1978 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge 45rpm ATCO 45-6703 Need Love/I Can't Make It Alone Psych Rock USD $4.75 Buy It Now 3 days
STEREO 60s ROCK LP - VANILLA FUDGE - ATCO 278 - "NEAR THE BEGINNING" USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge . The Beat Goes On . 1969 Atco LP USD $17.93 Buy It Now 3 days
Vanilla Fudge . The Beat Goes On . gate-fold . 1968 Atco mono LP USD $58.47 Buy It Now 3 days
VANILLA FUDGE Renaissance SD33244 LP Vinyl SEALED USD $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW Psychedelic Sundae: The Best Of Vanilla Fudge (Audio CD) USD $22.15 Buy It Now 3 days
12" AOR Single Vanilla Fudge Mystery 1984 Atco PROMO USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy VANILLA FUDGE music online Buy VANILLA FUDGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

VANILLA FUDGE Rock & Roll ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(6%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(22%)

VANILLA FUDGE Rock & Roll reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars As the cover and title of this album painfully point out, the inspiration is gone (I don't think they were trying to make that particular point with this album or they missed altogether the mark) . A few numbers could have filled up the previous album (replacing the jam) and would have made ithat one another excellent one but instead we end up with two lacklustre LP. Do listen to Windmill of Your Mind as this is still a classic from them but there is not much else in here. Maybe Need Love but don't we all?
Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars A fulfilling first finale

"Rock'n'roll" was the final album recorded by Vanilla Fudge during their creative days in the late 1960's and early 1970's. Further albums would be released in the name of Vanilla Fudge", but it is to their first incarnation we must look for their significance in the prog timeline.

The band went out on something of a high with an album of largely original material. Thankfully, there are a couple of the band's trademark covers, "Windmills of your mind" being a particularly excellent choice. Uriah Heep must have been impressed as they would use a very similar melody on their song "Dreams" a few years later. Another cover, Carole King and Geoff Goffin's "I can't make it alone" is a wonderfully soulful rendition with one of Mark Stein's best vocal performances on any of their albums.

Of the original songs, "Need love" is arguably the most striking, being a brash out and out rock song with screaming guitars and distorted vocals. The song has an almost punk like live feel. The band composition "Street walking woman" is for me the weakest track. It has a decent arrangement, but the basic song is uninteresting.

In all, an excellent final album which showed that the band were still well endowed when it came to originality and endeavour. Recommended.

The bonus tracks are single A and b sides, some of which also appeared as album tracks here or elsewhere.

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This last Fudge album from their classic period isn't really good, unfortunately. The band is out of steam and Bogert and Appice are thinking more to their trio project with Beck than to the Fudge.

It seems that they were rather keen on releasing as many albums as they could in a short period of time (five albums in just over two years).

"Need Love" although sounding very raw is one of the very few bearable songs from "Rock And Roll". A true rock song with an incredible beat. Good but not brilliant. The gospel oriented "Lord In The Country" is absolutely dreadful. To press next is by far the best thing you can do. Probably the worst Fudge experience although "I Can't Make It Alone" is pretty poor as well. This time, the soul influence is dominant. Difficult to pick up which one is the poorest. A draw I guess. Keep on pressing next.

"Church Bells Of St. Martins" reminds me at times of the "Paul Butterfield Blues Band" (especially their great Woodstock appearance. But this song is pompous and chaotic. Still, I guess that 10CC must have listened to it because some of their crazy and complex arrangements have such a flavour. But in a very much harmonic pattern.

There is ONE very good song on this album : "The Windmills Of Your Mind". A great cover version of this soundtrack piece ("The Thomas Crown Affair"). But one song (even excellent) can't save an album. OK, let('s add "Need Love" to the list.

A pitiful effort, I'm afraid. Mostly influenced by rhythm & blues and soul which are absolutely not my cup of tea.

Two stars for this uninspired album.

Review by Matti
2 stars My knowledge on this American band is too narrow considering its importance in prog's developing years. I'm told it should be in the same level with The Nice, but personally I strongly doubt it. I know this final studio album is not VF at their best, so it's definitely not a good introduction, to me or anyone. It's now re-released by Esoteric Recordings. The liner notes tell about the very hard circumstances of the recording: the group was practically divided in two camps unable to communicate to each other. Since this is my first VF album I can't evaluate how much that can be heard in music (the playing itself is OK), or how much more would I have liked their best works. But this one was as uninteresting to me as the red'n'white cover.

Two - or was it three - of the songs are covers. 'I Can't Make It Alone' is from the Carol King songbook, and not the best part of it. The only track I found worth repeated listenings was the Michel Legrand composition 'The Windmills of Your Mind' because the song is dear to me, mostly due to Dusty Springfield's version. Also Noel Harrison's original performance in the film The Thomas Crown Affair is worth hearing. I can't say I was charmed by Fudge's version, but it's listenable enough. On the whole this feels quite uninspired album of organ-dominated rock'n'roll.

4 stars Very good Album , my favourite The Great Band . Nice music an organ ,guitar ,vocal and particularly drums in song " Street Walking Woman" My unforgotten a composition "The Windmills Of Your Mind " is like a music pearl !!!. Vanilla Fudge was the best band in history progressive rock. I recomm ... (read more)

Report this review (#28019) | Posted by | Tuesday, November 2, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANILLA FUDGE "Rock & Roll"