DECEMBER WILL BE MAGIC AGAIN

1. December Will Be Magic Again
2. Warm and Soothing

Search KATE BUSH December Will Be Magic Again lyrics

Search KATE BUSH December Will Be Magic Again tabs

Released in the UK, November 1980.

Thanks to Matti for the addition

KATE BUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KATE BUSH December Will Be Magic Again Music

December Will Be Magic AgainDecember Will Be Magic Again
Emi
Vinyl$99.00 (used)

More places to buy KATE BUSH music online Buy KATE BUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

KATE BUSH December Will Be Magic Again ratings distribution

KATE BUSH December Will Be Magic Again reviews

Review by Matti
4 stars Just a little bit late for being right on time with this review, unless the Christmas season lasts till Twelfth Night. :) Shortly after the release of her third album Never For Ever, KATE BUSH released a single for Christmas. Containing two very pleasant non-album tracks, this really is a single I appreciate a lot. [I have the songs in my copy of "This Woman's Work" compilation CD.]

'December Will Be Magic Again' (4:51) sounds very much like the aforementioned studio album. There are moments in it that distantly remind me of the songs 'Blow Away' and 'The Wedding List', although this song is completely individual. It is dreamy, soft and romantic, full of her distinctive magic. Unlike with most season songs, I don't get tired of it even with multiple listenings, and one actually don't need a Christmas season for listening to it. My most negative remark is the difficulty to hear the lyrics right, due to her unique singing style. For example, I don't think she sings anything about Humphrey Bogart, but that's how I hear the two most repeated words. Of course I might find the lyrics from the Internet but I'm too lazy to try right now.

'Warm and Soothing' (2:43) is a tender and minor key piano-centred song. It has a near-twin in Kate's output: the erotically coloured ballad 'In the Warm Room' from Lionheart (1978). Well, this is melodically not quite that simply structured or as easy to follow textually. "Warm and soothing, that's how I remember home", it begins, and it seems that the lyrics go forward all through the song without having any repeated refrains or choruses. This fact naturally only helps the song not to wear off easily.

Post a review of KATE BUSH "December Will Be Magic Again"