HOLDFÉNYKERT

Yesterdays

Yesterdays Holdfénykert album cover

Buy YESTERDAYS Music
Studio Album, released in 2014

1. Napfénykert ~ Sunlit Garden (2:11)
2. Végtelen ~ Infinite (4:40)
3. Ne félj ~ Don't Be Scared (5:53)
4. Ha majd egyszer ~ If ever (3:12)
5. It's So Divine (4:55)
6. Hol vagy? ~ Where Are You? (8:02)
7. Várj még ~ Just Stay (5:38)
8. Holdfénykert ~ Moonlit Garden (2:25)
9. Seven (11:44)
i. Your Colours
ii. My Words
10. Valahol a térben ~ Somewhere in Space (6:24)

Search YESTERDAYS Holdfénykert lyrics

Search YESTERDAYS Holdfénykert tabs

- Bazsó Tibor / sound engineer, vocals
- Bogáti-Bokor Ákos / acoustic, electric and steel guitar, bass guitar, guitar synthesizer, vocals, additional keyboards
- Csergő Domokos / drums
- Enyedi Zsolt / piano, Mellotron, Hammond, Rhodes, Moog
- Fülöp Tímea / vocals
- Jánosi Kinga / lead and backing vocals
- Kósa Dávid / percussion and vocals
- Kozma Kis Emese / flute
- Vitályos Lehel / bass guitar

Original mixes from 2006 without compression. Re-designed album cover art, 6-panel digisleeve with 16 page booklet. ℗ & © Seacrest Oy 2014.

Thanks to Nuija for the addition

YESTERDAYS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YESTERDAYS Holdfénykert Music

More places to buy YESTERDAYS music online Buy YESTERDAYS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

YESTERDAYS Holdfénykert ratings distribution

YESTERDAYS Holdfénykert reviews

Review by Matti
4 stars This is a remastered version of the 2006 debut album by YESTERDAYS, a band consisting of musicians from the Hungarian minority of Western Romania. [As a side note I'd like to mention that I've witnessed the amazing acoustic guitar playing of Ákos Bogáti-Bokor last spring in a gig featuring the Finnish band Paidarion and multi-national guests. That's one of my fondest gig memories.] A thank you to the drummer Kimmo Pörsti who kindly sent me this CD among a heap of others. He's an executive producer here. Ákos underlines that the remastering didn't involve any compression. The booklet features also very beautiful outdoor photography with piano keys, guitar and a flute. The musicians themselves are not photographed, but this visual approach suits nicely to the pastoral feel in the music.

The short instrumental opener 'Napfénykert' stars flute, mellotron and acoustic guitar. Mellow and pretty, perhaps a bit too much so. 'Végtelen' introduces the charming, innocent female vocals. The playing is soft and dreamy, comparable to the classic KC ballad 'I Talk to the Wind'. On the third track there's a brief flute melody citing 'Close To The Edge' (this was amusing to hear for the first time: I instantly recognized it to be from a YES track, but which one was it...). The peaceful and accessible compositions on this acoustically oriented album are not hugely progressive -- and this fact is definitely not a fault, but understandably it can make the album sound a bit too spineless to some prog listeners.

Warmly recommended if you enjoy pastoral works of e.g. ANTHONY PHILLIPS, STEVE HACKETT, ERRATA CORRIGE, CELESTE etc. The Hungarian lyrics are completely beyond my reach but they do sound nice. A couple of songs are sung in English, and actually some of the charm is lost by that. I really like this peaceful music with lots of flute, but the compositions indeed could be more impressive. Hence four stars.

Review by Windhawk
4 stars Romania-based band YESTERDAYS was formed back in 2000, and revolves around the talents of composer and musician Bogati-Bokor Akos. They released their debut album "Holdfenykert" back in 2006, and two years later a rearranged and remastered English-language edition of the recording was released by the French label Musea Records. This third edition of the album is a remastered version of the original 2006 outing, and was released through the Finnish label Seacrest Oy in 2014. Most, if not all, of the band members are ethnic Hungarians, by the way.

My conclusion for this CD is pretty much the same as the one I wrote for the English edition of the album: This is a quality release, and YESTERDAYS should appeal strongly to followers of '70s progressive, and then especially among those fond of gentler and pastoral landscapes. A certain taste for jazz elements to appear here and there is probably warranted though, as well as occasional keyboard motifs of a striking and dramatic role. A strong album that sounds marginally better in this remastered version.

4 stars *The Power of PA Serendipity* Verily, PA is the best place ever for finding hidden gems. Today's amazing discovery for me was the Holdfénykert by Yesterdays, a Romanian-Hungarian band I hadn't known anything about. This Holdfénykert should be an absolute delight for anybody who likes fluid, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1320855) | Posted by Argonaught | Saturday, December 6, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The debut album of the Romanian band YESTERDAYS is a wonderful piece of true art,a timeless music loaded with marvelous compositions and an unique sound!In fact,this edition of the debut album is a re-release,with a new artwork and a very beautiful presentation in a superbe booklet too!There are ... (read more)

Report this review (#1320627) | Posted by Ovidiu | Saturday, December 6, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Seacrest Oy Records from Finland keeps surprising me with wonderful prog releases in the last few years. SAMURAI OF PROG and THE COSMIC REMEDY are two new favorite bands of mine. This is how I found out about this new release of YESTERDAYS, which is a reissue of their successful debut from 2006. I ... (read more)

Report this review (#1287073) | Posted by StDavis | Friday, October 3, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YESTERDAYS "Holdfénykert"