VIRTUAL FUTURE

1. Very Far (9:41)
2. Neuronal Storm (7:31)
3. World Adrift (5:44)
4. Brain Activity (5:37)
5. Conscience In Danger (4:18)
6. Alone Again (6:14)
7. The Final Cut (4:11)

Total time 43:16

Search ZANOV Virtual Future lyrics

Search ZANOV Virtual Future tabs

- "Zanov" (Pierre Zalkazanov) / synths (ARP 2600/Sequencer, EMS VCS3, RMI Harmonic, Korg PS3300 & Arturia Origin), producer

Digital remix of original analog recordings from 1983, previously unreleased

Artwork: Du Bruit Au Balcon

CD Zanov Music ‎- ZM 001 (2014, France)

Thanks to progfan97402 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

ZANOV MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ZANOV Virtual Future Music

Virtual FutureVirtual Future
Single
Zanov Music 2014
Virtual Future by Zanov MusicVirtual Future by Zanov Music
Zanov Music

More places to buy ZANOV music online Buy ZANOV & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ZANOV Virtual Future ratings distribution

ZANOV Virtual Future reviews

Review by admireArt
3 stars Of course this is BIG news, of course we need to support the unknown or underrated great artists and of course things look different when you pay for them.

I was one of those thrilled by the news of this ZANOV's (a.k.a Pierre Zalkazanov), 2014 release. As soon as possible I downloaded it and waited in expectation some free time to get into it. A fourth album in 30 +- years how nice.

So I found the time and this is my report. As marvelous as listening to vintage synths could turn out to be, songwriting as always comes first. Sadly this perfect balance does not happen that frequently in this "Virtual Reality" project. Somehow it is ok to use these retro-sounds but not that much to use the models of music they have generated in such a long span in time. I mean his 3 first albums were released in between 1976-1983, and a lot of things have happened since then, electronic-music wise of course.

As much as I would have liked this album to be a 5 star masterpiece and rating it in accordance, it has in its songwriting some unoriginal moments that simply make me lose thread of the real unique proposals he has held through his short but efficient discography. To cut it short, it is not flawless and more than once less than original. Obviously the highlights are an intense thrill to testify, but the downfalls are not that much fun.

I of course will keep it, being somehow of a "Zanov cult follower", but in an objective and no obligations to no one mode, this is good but not essential, in a general prog-electronic universe.

***3.5 "I bet he can do better", PA stars.

Review by Dobermensch
3 stars Old Zanov climbs up a set of ladders, with creaking arthritic bones, rummages around his attic - finds his trusty analogue keyboards, gives them a good dusting down and decides to recreate the sounds of his long lost 3 recordings.

This is a commendable follow-up to 82's 'In Course of Time' It's been a whopping 32 years since his last release, so who would know what to expect? Pleasingly it's a pretty good effort. I'm a real sucker for the 'Berlin School' recordings, therefore I guessed I was on to a winner before I even heard it.

'Virtual Future' is entirely electronic and vocal free. It displays a very retro 1975 feel, similar to 'Klaus Schulze'. It's all quite dream-like and 'cosmic' - as they liked to call it in the 70's. Released in 2014 you'd expect a crystal clear sound with plenty of depth. I can happily report that this is the case.

Zanov's never been the most gifted of composers (He's no virtuoso like Jean Michel Jarre with his 20 octopus-like fingers), He does however, make the most of his abilities.

The tunes aren't groundbreaking or startlingly original, but do succeed on a number of levels. For example - there's plenty of space between tracks which accentuate clarity. His vision is clear too, where he has a finished article in mind. There's no deviation from that path and he refuses to add sounds that would be considered contemporary with the year 2014. This leaves us with a colourful and at times mesmerizing album.

This is a recording that fans of 'Free System Project', 'Redshift', 'Michael Garrison' and 'Bernd Kistenmacher' will admire.

It's good stuff and a welcome return from the man who vanished in a puff of smoke in 1983.

3 stars This sounds really oldschool. I've never heard of Zanov before, but I'm checking out the progressive/electronic genre more and more, these days. Zanov uses analog synths, and the result is electronic space music, in the spirit of Tangerine Dream, Jean Michel Jarre, Eloy Fritsch, Eddie Jobson, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1591215) | Posted by Kingsnake | Monday, July 25, 2016 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I am investigating different subgenres among newly released albums and the electronic genre is very new to me. Zanov is an electronic artist whose real name is Pierre Zalkazanov, so Zanov is a cool short form of his name. He is actually not a new artist. I guess people who like this subgenre kno ... (read more)

Report this review (#1299236) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Saturday, November 1, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Although I've only known of Zanov for about three years, I was in complete shock to find Pierre Salkazanov (Zanov's real name) would release a new album, in 2014 no less, when about 32 years have passed since his last album, In Course of Time (which was apparently recorded in 1979 but not release ... (read more)

Report this review (#1286582) | Posted by Progfan97402 | Wednesday, October 1, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ZANOV "Virtual Future"