FOR THE JOURNEY

Threshold

Threshold For The Journey album cover

Buy THRESHOLD Music
Studio Album, released in 2014

1. Watchtower On The Moon (5:30)
2. Unforgiven (5:36)
3. The Box (11:58)
4. Turned To Dust (4:18)
5. Lost In Your Memory (4:35)
6. Autumn Red (5:40)
7. The Mystery Show (5:36)
8. Siren Sky (6:09)

Total time 49:22

Bonus track on 2014 LP & Digipak editions:
9. I Wish I Could (5:29)

Extra bonus track on 2014 LP edition:
10. Lost In Your Memory (Acoustic version) (4:22)

Search THRESHOLD For The Journey lyrics

Search THRESHOLD For The Journey tabs

- Damian Wilson / lead & backing vocals
- Karl Groom / guitar, backing vocals, co-producer & mixing
- Pete Morten / guitar
- Richard West / keyboards, backing vocals, co-producer
- Steve Anderson / bass, backing vocals
- Johanne James / drums

Artwork: Leszek Bujnowski with Tom Barnes (photo)

CD Nuclear Blast ‎- NB 3001-2 (2014, Europe)
CD Nuclear Blast - NB 3001-0 (2014, Europe) Digipak SE with a bonus track

2xLP Nuclear Blast ‎- NB 3001-1 (2014, Germany) Mailorder only

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

THRESHOLD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THRESHOLD For The Journey Music

For The Journey by ThresholdFor The Journey by Threshold
European Journey by MetalvilleEuropean Journey by Metalville

Threshold - For The Journey (NEW CD) USD $10.60 Buy It Now 23h 56m
THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY CD NEW+ USD $26.82 Buy It Now 1 day
THRESHOLD For The Journey concert poster 2014 european tour USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $12.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Threshold-For The Journey CD NEW USD $13.92 Buy It Now 6 days
For The Journey - Threshold (CD Used Like New) USD $11.10 Buy It Now 7 days
Threshold - For The Journey (2014) Like New, Multipage Booklet USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
For the Journey by Threshold (CD, Nov-2014, Metalville) USD $10.16 Buy It Now 12 days
Threshold - For the Journey [New CD] USD $13.10 Buy It Now 12 days
Threshold - For the Journey [New CD] USD $11.69 Buy It Now 12 days
For the Journey THRESHOLD CD ( FREE SHIPPING) USD $9.37 Buy It Now 13 days
For The Journey - Threshold - CD - New USD $19.33 Buy It Now 13 days
Threshold - For the Journey [New Vinyl] UK - Import USD $38.01 Buy It Now 13 days
For the Journey - Threshold CD-JEWEL CASE USD $18.73 Buy It Now 14 days
THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY (NEW CD) USD $10.13 Buy It Now 16 days
Threshold: For The Journey: (CD) USD $24.13 Buy It Now 16 days
Threshold - For The Journey Vinyl 2LP Inc Gatefold NEW USD $22.63 Buy It Now 17 days
THRESHOLD - For the Journey CD USD $7.19 Buy It Now 20 days
THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $34.08 Buy It Now 21 days
THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY NEW CD USD $13.09 Buy It Now 21 days
Threshold-For The Journey (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.44 Buy It Now 22 days
THRESHOLD - For The Journey - VINYL 2LP (Nuclear Blast 2014) USD $24.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Threshold - For the Journey [New CD] UK - Import USD $14.86 Buy It Now 22 days
Threshold - For the Journey [New CD] UK - Import USD $28.36 Buy It Now 22 days
Threshold-For the Journey CD Digipak with bonus track and clone cd LOT OF USD $13.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Threshold-For the Journey CD Digipak NEW USD $27.86 Buy It Now 24 days
Threshold - For The Journey [CD] USD $10.32 Buy It Now 24 days
THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $20.02 Buy It Now 25 days
THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY NEW CD USD $23.35 Buy It Now 25 days
THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY - NEW CD - RARE !!! SEALED USD $9.37 Buy It Now 26 days
Threshold For The Journey UK vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $53.63 Buy It Now 26 days
Threshold - For the Journey [New Vinyl] UK - Import USD $22.56 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy THRESHOLD music online Buy THRESHOLD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THRESHOLD For The Journey ratings distribution

THRESHOLD For The Journey reviews

Review by Nightfly
3 stars Perhaps because March Of Progress was such a strong album and a great return to form for a band that while never less than good, had been treading water for the few previous releases, I was initially a little disappointed with For The Journey. A few plays failed to ignite any great enthusiasm and it sat on my shelf unplayed again for a few months until now. Revisiting it has left me pleasantly surprised; perhaps as I'm returning to it with no expectations it's actually much better than I originally thought.

For The Journey is the second album since vocalist Damian Wilson's return and once again he turns in a fine performance with a strong ear for a good vocal melody. Musically it's their typically melodic prog metal with a number of up-tempo songs, an unexceptional ballad and The Box is the obligatory epic. Whilst there's nothing wrong with The Box, there are no great surprises and there are many better ones, Critical Mass for example, scattered throughout their previous nine studio albums. Much better are the opening two tracks - Watchtower On The Moon with a great driving riff and a strong melodic half tempo chorus. Unforgiven is darker and more dynamic with a strong hook - classic Threshold at their best. The other killer is Siren Sky for its slow brooding riff.

Anyone who's familiar with Threshold will know what to expect. The musicianship is as always spot on and the production typical Karl Groom and Richard West, powerful, clear if a little clinical. Overall a very good album with a few unexceptional tracks robbing it of great status. For The Journey sits in the middle of the league table of Threshold albums. 3 ½ stars.

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
4 stars

2014 saw Threshold return with their tenth studio album, their second since Damian Wilson had returned on vocals for the third time. The previous album, 2012's 'March of Progress' had been one of the finest in their canon, so perhaps it isn't surprising that this one isn't quite in the same league. The songs are powerful, the vocals spot on, but there isn't quite the same spark and vitality as there had been previously. It is still a great album, and one that is head and shoulders above most of those dwelling the progressive metal arena, but I did find myself wondering if all was well within the camp.

I don't believe that Threshold could ever release a bad album, or even an average one, as they are just too good for that both collectively and individually, but I realised that although I was enjoying it immensely while it was playing, I wasn't overly keen about pressing repeat when it finished, which says a great deal for me. Were the band just marking time waiting for the next stage? Only time would tell.

4 stars I was blown away when I first heard March of Progress, and most people should also have the same response. For The Journey did not hit me the same way, but after a few listens, I can tell you this album is equally excellent in it's own way. This band is definitely a stellar Progressive Metal band ... (read more)

Report this review (#1397685) | Posted by javajeff | Sunday, April 12, 2015 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The Snickers of Progressive Metal. Damian Wilson could sing about pomeranian puppies playing pattycake in the poppy fields and sell it in a way that would make the most ferocious, die hard metal fan ferris wheel their brain pan with school girl delight. For The Journey is Threshold 's sophomore ... (read more)

Report this review (#1292401) | Posted by buddyblueyes | Thursday, October 16, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Life in Transition To appreciate this album, I had to set aside my expectations of this being March Of Progress 2. March Of Progress was my introduction to Threshold, and, after perusing their catalog from Extinct Instinct to the present, I came to the impression that it was their masterpiece. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1290286) | Posted by PlanetRodentia2 | Saturday, October 11, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Threshold's second album with Damian Wilson back at the mike is somewhat slower and simpler affair (songs average 5 minutes with repetitive structure) than its bombastic predecessor. But pretty much sticks to the familiar formula of catchy heavy rock with adult-oriented rock and atmospheric Pink ... (read more)

Report this review (#1286279) | Posted by Progrussia | Tuesday, September 30, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THRESHOLD "For The Journey"