NURSERY CRYME / FOXTROT

Genesis Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot album cover

Buy GENESIS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1979

Compilation containing Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot
(track listing see original albums)

Search GENESIS Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot lyrics

Search GENESIS Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot tabs

See Original Albums

Two Vinyl LP Gatefold Sleeve Charisma CA-2-2701 USA
Eight Track Cartridge (U.S.): Charisma 8T-2-2701
Cassette (U.S.): Charisma CT-2-2701

Thanks to Per Köhler for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Turn It On Again - The HitsTurn It On Again - The Hits
Flashback Atlantic 2007
Selling England By The PoundSelling England By The Pound
A Trick of the TailA Trick of the Tail
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
Imports 2016
Vinyl$32.99
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (2CD)The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (2CD)
DukeDuke
AbacabAbacab
Atlantic Catalog Group 2015
Foxtrot (180 Gram Vinyl)Foxtrot (180 Gram Vinyl)
Vinyl$19.13

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GENESIS Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot ratings distribution

GENESIS Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars The first album that I listened from GENESIS was "Nursery Cryme" in early 1979. The album was lent to one of my brothers by a friend and I liked the album a lot, so I recorded it in a cassette with the idea to buy it later if I could find it in the record shops of my city. That edition of "Nursery Cryme" that I listened to then was an U.S. import without gatefold cover, and even without credits about who were the musicians in the band. It was manufactured by Buddah Records and it had the Pink Charisma Records Label and it even shared the same catalogue number of the original U.K. release (CAS 1052). At that time, most of the albums from GENESIS were not released by a Mexican label, so the only way to buy "Nursery Cryme" and other albums from the band was to buy them as imported albums. Because my father received as a gift each month the monthly Schwann Record and Tape Catalogues (from the U.S.) from a local record shop for a lot of years, I learned then that this U.S. edition of "Nursery Cryme" was really out of print since 1976. Buddah released other albums by the band since maybe 1973, with the others being "Foxtrot" and "Genesis Live". But by early 1976 all those albums appeared as out of print in those record and tape catalogues, and "Nursery Cryme" was re-issued in 1976 together with "Foxtrot" in a two record set titled "The Best" and with a gatefold cover under the Buddah label (not Charisma). Many years later I discovered in the web that the "The Best" title also was used by Buddah in a series of albums from other artists from the record label. "The Best" release by GENESIS was by 1977 out of print too (and I also I never saw it in the record shops in my city), so I knew that all the albums that Buddah released from GENESIS in the U.S. were out of print for some time until Polydor in late 1979 (under the Charisma Records label) also re-issued "Nursery Cryme" and "Foxtrot" together in a two record set in a similar way to "The Best", but with a different title ("Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot") and with a different gatefold cover design also including the lyrics. In the back cover of this re-issue there are some notes explaining that both albums were out of print in the U.S. for several years "due to some problems", and the back cover notes also give some historical facts about the band, also including some photos taken from a concert from 1974 (maybe from the "Selling England by the Pound Tour", I think). I bought this "Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot" 2 LP set in early 1980 because it was a good buy then because it was cheaper to buy an U.S. 2 LP import album than very expensive individual imported LP copies of "Nursery Cryme" or "Foxtrot" from the U.K. So, at last, by early 1980 I could finally listen to these two very good albums from GENESIS included in one package. The sound of both LPs is good. Unfortunately, the Schwann catalogues listed this 2 LP set as out of print by early 1981, so both albums were out of print again in the U.S. until Atlantic Records re-issued them individually again by 1982 (with "Genesis Live" being also re-issued by that label by that time).

Post a review of GENESIS "Nursery Cryme / Foxtrot"