WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

$38.74
Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
$47.87

The Beatles 'I Am The Walrus' Printed Lyrics Poster Print USD $6.57 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Beatles 'I Am The Walrus' Printed Lyrics Poster Print USD $11.83 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Beatles 45 "I Am The Walrus" and "Hello Goodbye" Record and Pic Sleeve Capit USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
cd lp ex radio station cd Ep perth wa / black milk the walrus & the wine USD $14.03 Buy It Now 2h 56m
The Beach Boys - I Am The Walrus - Capitol 2056 - VG+ Album - Lot 199 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 13m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Swedish Sleeve USD $18.20 Buy It Now 8h 9m
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" W/ Pic Sleeve USD $7.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45 7" 45RPM Album Record USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 3m
WALRUS-NEVER GONNA LET MY BODY TOUCH THE GROUND/WHY RARE UK 7'' 1971 EX+ DERAM USD $39.00 Buy It Now 10h 48m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Ex CANADA 1967 PSYCH CAPITOL 45 7" USD $15.16 Buy It Now 11h
Octopie - The Adventures Of Harry And Walrus Kane NEW LP USD $27.61 Buy It Now 12h 13m
BEATLES 45 RPM I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye George Martin Label Capitol Slv EX USD $10.00 Buy It Now 14h 11m
Walrus Magazine presents True North Essentials, Vol. 2 (CD) The Wailin' Jennys.. USD $9.09 Buy It Now 16h 13m
The Beatles 8 Record Lot Orig 60's 45 RPM CAPITOL~STRAWBERRY FIELDS~WALRUS~PENNY USD $19.49 [0 bids]
WALRUS - VIRUS - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 7Tracks USD $18.99 Buy It Now 17h 35m
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $5.40 Buy It Now 18h 50m
Walrus By Neutron 9000 (CD, 1991, Profile Records) FILECD 407 UK Press USD $7.00 Buy It Now 20h 39m
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD USD $13.12 Buy It Now 21h 40m
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 7" single 1967 Sweden/UK R 5655 USD $14.90 [0 bids]
The Beatles I am the walrus USD $1.30 [0 bids]
SEALED Baby Walrus 2008 Self Title LP Slumber Party 003 Vinyl Indie Rock MINT USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles The Singles Collection Hello Goodbye w/ I Am the Walrus 7" EX! USD $6.06 [0 bids]
USD $11.37 Buy It Now
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus, Oasis Single USD $6.73 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS-Walrus - Op de Valreep - (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $11.01 Buy It Now 1 day
The Walrus Of Love Barry White Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $21.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.20 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $18.42 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles . Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus . 1967 Capitol Records 45 rpm VG USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 record HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS, Capitol 1967 sleeve  USD $4.03 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $31.57 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES : Hello Goodbye-I am The Walrus SP 7" Holland PARLOPHONE R.5655 EX+ USD $34.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles I am The Walrus/Hello, Goodbye 45 rpm record w/Pic Sleeve 1967 Import USD $22.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Now You Know - 11 Track CD USD $2.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Sando Parisi "For the Walrus(Tribute to John Lennon)" All Star 45 w/ lyric sheet USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Walrus LP Walrus 1972 Vinyl 15217 USD $18.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus LP (Walrus - 1972) JLS 3051 (ID:15217) USD $15.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $7.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles : Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . I AM THE WALRUS ILLUSTRATION . Y62 USD $6.57 Buy It Now 3 days
ARCWELDER I Am The Walrus - Original US 7" Single - Indie Punk Alternative Rock USD $3.93 [0 bids]
WALRUS-FAMILY HANGOVER-JAPAN CD Bonus Track E78 USD $11.75 [0 bids]
Walrus CD Walrus MINT Media condition Germany Black Rose Rec. 1999 Charming..! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish Only '67 Parlophone R 5655 EX USD $32.89 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Love - 26 Track CD get back walrus lady madonna etc USD $3.22 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Record - Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus USD $5.25 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES UK 1st Press Vinyl:A Hard Days Night Hello Goodbye I'm the Walrus VG USD $6.58 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles: I Am The Walrus/HelloGoodbye 7" 45 rpm USD $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Self-Titled - Janus JLS 3051 - Sealed! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Tross-The Walrus Ep (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $21.53 Buy It Now 3 days
IRON WALRUS - INSIDIOUS BLACK SEA USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $19.47 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $11.79 Buy It Now 4 days
IRON WALRUS - INSIDIOUS BLACK SEA NEW CD USD $22.81 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles - Canadian 1980s stereo 45 - "Hello Goodbye" / "I Am The Walrus" - NM USD $26.54 [2 bids]
Walrus Self Titled Walrus LP Janus Gatefold USD $2.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus GER 7in 1967 /4* USD $25.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE USD $2.63 [0 bids]
The Beatles - 45 RPM - I Am The Walrus - Hello Goodbye USD $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $31.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Randy Jackson - Empathy For the Walrus sealed U.S. cd USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye CAPITOL 2056 45rpm 1967 VG- USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Beatles. Record Label Vinyl Sticker. Parlophone. Apple. USD $2.63 Buy It Now 5 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $13.16 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS JAPAN 7" vinyl ODEON USD $21.04 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles I am the Walrus Yesterday Rich Man All You Need Is Love Singles USD $13.16 [0 bids]
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $18.03 Buy It Now 5 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $17.98 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus ITALY (COVER) HOLLAND (VINYL) VG/VG+ USD $59.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS ! 45 Capitol Records ! USD $3.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS-FAMILY HANGOVER VINYL LP NEW USD $28.88 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye 7" vinyl OR-1838 c/w I am the Walrus John Lenon USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Original 45 Record Capitol 2056 USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Walrus - Self Titled - Near Mint 8-track Prog Rock CD 1970 2008 - FAST UK POST USD $13.15 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Odeon USD $10.53 [0 bids]
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI + bonus track Roger Harrison Steve Hawthorn USD $13.34 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $63.75 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 6 days
the Beatles the alternate revolver cd Walrus 21 japanese with obi USD $0.99 [1 bids]
CD-3 The Beatles - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus CD 3" Single RARE HTF USD $17.50 Buy It Now 6 days
18 BEATLES YELLOW SWIRL MATCHBOX, TICKET,IF I FELL, RIGBY PENNY NEED LOVE WALRUS USD $125.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles CD3 Single Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Longbox Sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles 'HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS' FRENCH EXPORT COPY! NICE CONDITION! USD $19.74 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles Picture Disc 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 20th Anniversary USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS same CD ss UK 70s prog psych rock bonus song [email protected]@K USD $19.72 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus CD Walrus MINT Media condition Germany Black Rose Rec. 1999 Charming..! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
I Am The Walrus - Mike Fab Gere CDS, Mike Fab Gere And The Permissive, Very Good USD $1.96 Buy It Now 7 days
Baby Walrus Self-Titled (CD) by Baby Walrus (2008) (Promo) Slumber Party Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BORIS WITH MERZBOW EP, WALRUS GROON LIMITED SPLATTER VINYL, PELICAN, SUNN O))) USD $65.80 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator
4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simultaneously playing the same drum kit (from opposite sides), Mattias Olsson (Anglagard, White Willow) and Henrik Olsson (Mattias' 17-year old son?).

Krautrock is alive and flourishing! Walrus gives us another wonderful testament to the revitalization of the Krautrock sub-genre of progressive rock, though this 33 1/2 minute offering is hardly an LP's worth of tunes. Bass, organ, synths, cello and two drummers are typical contributors to the music here.

1. 'Tromso' (7:14) is constructed very much in the vein of CAN with a steady, hypnotic bass and guitar beat, playful drumming and lots of incidentals'samples (radio & computer/electronic noises), percussives, cello, voices, Farfisa organ'and a humorous Monty Python-esque ending. (8/10)

2. 'Signals' (8:58) begins very slowly, heavily. The slow pattern of bass, background organ (and hiss) and seemingly random viola notes make for a very mysterious, ominous feel. The drums enter in the third minute and soon after a synthesizer, which turns into an organ, to 'liven' things up a bit for a minute or so. A bare bones section ensues for about a minute until everything hypes up into a fast pace (delightful!) while keyboards beep and swirl around in the mix for a while. At 6:50 the cymbol and bass play speed up but then move to a lower volume while things get stripped down to return to the slow-down, though more jazzy feel of the opening pace. A good song, with interesting experimentation in meter and sound level. (8/10)

3. 'Spitsbergen' (14:09) is the album's longest song. It starts with a very spacey synth and echo-plexed bass with creative percussion play for the first two minutes. At 3:37 the song shifts gears with a big chunky bass and full drum support kicking into a driving pace. They are joined by a modulated synth and arpeggiating organ and treated electrified cello. The constant building, climbing of scales and then dropping back to start over are highly engaging and always hopeful (for the listener seeking resolution). In the ninth minute things get stripped down to simplified levels'lots of staccato notes and spaciousness'with the occasional jarring interjection of a sustained low bass chord. At the 10:58 mark things pick back up again into the swirling, throbbing world from the earlier B Part. Almost ANEKDOTEN-like! (Especially with the presence of a mellotron.) The song winds down with the final 75 seconds being very slow and airy. (8/10)

4. 'Static' (3:06) is an austere bass and drum song peppered with synthesized and percussive sounds while an oriental-sounding echoed cello arpeggiates some odd oriental- sounding chords or scales. Kind of cool! (8/10)

Overall an engaging if brief journey into some quite cinematic songspaces.

4 Stars

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"