WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus
Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
Audio CD$8.00 (used)

THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS usa apple 2056 7" single USD $25.72 Buy It Now 3h 57m
WALRUS YMCC-1005 CD JAPAN 2004 NEW USD $87.79 Buy It Now 6h 44m
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" - Vinyl 45 Capitol Records 2056 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 45 rpm vinyl record USD $5.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - CAPITOL 2056 - 45 RECORD - VG USD $8.00 Buy It Now 15h 28m
(GN173) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.84 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Neon Walrus by Neon Walrus USD $11.92 Buy It Now 18h 6m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" Single Australia !! USD $3.92 [1 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl The Beatles I Am The Walrus Capitol Records 45-X46161 45ame10 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 46m
WALRUS s/t 1972 PRESSING jls 3051 VG++ VINYL Rare Psych Rock USD $8.50 [2 bids]
Oasis : Wonderwall I Am the Walrus CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 - Capitol 2056 - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $4.99 [1 bids]
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $36.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45-Capitol Rainbow Label 2056-Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $16.99 Buy It Now
Beatles 45-Capitol 2056-Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus w/Pic Sleeve USD $12.99 [0 bids]
USD $22.99 Buy It Now
Big Bang Theory, Styx, CD 2005, I Am The Walrus, See Miles, Blue Collar Man 2120 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / Im The Walrus - RARE MEXICO 45 USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR-Rare Collector's LONG BOX-I am The Walrus, etc USD $129.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Barry White The Walrus Of Love Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $21.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Empathy for the Walrus:music/beatles - Randy Jackson Compact Disc USD $15.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $13.34 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #1 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #3 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 45 RPM & P/S USD $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(GG390) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.84 Buy It Now 1 day
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $49.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PS - JAPAN - 7" 45RPM - Apple USD $38.47 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES RARE REPRO I AM THE WALRUS MAGICAL MYSTERY EMI ACETATE SINGLE 7INCH 45 USD $12.84 [1 bids]
Hash, I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Excellent Single USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
the beatles - hello,goodbye - i am the walrus....1967 parlophone 45 USD $3.21 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY - I AM THE WALRUS 1967 RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 7" PS 45prm USD $9.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Sealed Original Gatefold Psych Rock LP : Walrus ~Everyone Deserves A Fat Chance USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye U.S.Capitol Picture Sleeve 7" 1968 USD $27.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE USD $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Parlophone reissue P/S USD $1.93 [0 bids]
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $15.87 Buy It Now 3 days
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.26 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOC."I AM THE WALRUS" 12" SINGLE TOTAL 12FLARE1 USD $3.21 [0 bids]
VINTAGE MINT THE BEATLES, I AM THE WALRUS, HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM CAPITOL 2056 USD $24.95 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [New CD] USD $19.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus, Oasis Single USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great pi USD $38.00 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.87 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - RARE LABEL USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $17.83 Buy It Now 4 days
hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single, BEATLES,Good, Vinyl 45/7" with pi USD $30.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $7.70 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles : Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES (7") HELLO,GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS [GERMAN ODEON 45 RI 70S COME BACK]NM USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $15.43 [0 bids]
OINGO BOINGO Boingo Orig 1994 GIANT US CD Danny Elfman I Am The Walrus etc USD $10.27 [0 bids]
CHILL FACTION Eggman On The Deuce 12" SINGLE EP SEALED Beatles I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.98 Buy It Now 5 days
45 rpm LES DeMERLE....I AM THE WALRUS / THE RAVEN USD $54.00 [0 bids]
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.62 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.35 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $19.14 Buy It Now 5 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $58.68 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL US Capitol 1988 B/W I Am The Walrus (2056) USD $8.73 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.70 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.42 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.70 Buy It Now 5 days
SPOOKY TOOTH I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL Dutch Pink Island B/W Hangman Hang My USD $31.68 Buy It Now 5 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.04 Buy It Now 5 days
Crack The Sky 45 I Am The Walrus/Lighten Up McGraw (718) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 45 - US PROMO USD $11.88 Buy It Now 6 days
45< USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $21.32 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " / " I AM THE WALRUS " R5655 1st U.K.PRES V/G VINYL USD $1.92 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus.1968 Japan 7" 2nd Pr 45. OR1838. EX+ USD $1.29 [0 bids]
BEATLES MAKING MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FILM SB BOOK TONY BARROW 60S WALRUS 1967 USD $57.85 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus - Self-Titled - Janus JLS 3051 - Sealed! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 I AM THE WALRUS PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P3 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.57 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS USA CAPITOL 2056 SCRANTON SLEEVE USD $24.95 Buy It Now 6 days
OASIS - Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $11.49 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 45 Capitol vg USD $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $5.45 Buy It Now 7 days
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 7 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL AIRPLANE COVER USD $75.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Oasis ...There And Then DvD I Am The Walrus Cum On Feel The Noize USD $7.12 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus 45 Record Vinyl 2056 Yellowish Apple USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $67.50 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $7.74 Buy It Now 8 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock / Fusion / Canterbury Team
4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simultaneously playing the same drum kit (from opposite sides), Mattias Olsson (Anglagard, White Willow) and Henrik Olsson (Mattias' 17-year old son?).

Krautrock is alive and flourishing! Walrus gives us another wonderful testament to the revitalization of the Krautrock sub-genre of progressive rock, though this 33 1/2 minute offering is hardly an LP's worth of tunes. Bass, organ, synths, cello and two drummers are typical contributors to the music here.

1. 'Tromso' (7:14) is constructed very much in the vein of CAN with a steady, hypnotic bass and guitar beat, playful drumming and lots of incidentals'samples (radio & computer/electronic noises), percussives, cello, voices, Farfisa organ'and a humorous Monty Python-esque ending. (8/10)

2. 'Signals' (8:58) begins very slowly, heavily. The slow pattern of bass, background organ (and hiss) and seemingly random viola notes make for a very mysterious, ominous feel. The drums enter in the third minute and soon after a synthesizer, which turns into an organ, to 'liven' things up a bit for a minute or so. A bare bones section ensues for about a minute until everything hypes up into a fast pace (delightful!) while keyboards beep and swirl around in the mix for a while. At 6:50 the cymbol and bass play speed up but then move to a lower volume while things get stripped down to return to the slow-down, though more jazzy feel of the opening pace. A good song, with interesting experimentation in meter and sound level. (8/10)

3. 'Spitsbergen' (14:09) is the album's longest song. It starts with a very spacey synth and echo-plexed bass with creative percussion play for the first two minutes. At 3:37 the song shifts gears with a big chunky bass and full drum support kicking into a driving pace. They are joined by a modulated synth and arpeggiating organ and treated electrified cello. The constant building, climbing of scales and then dropping back to start over are highly engaging and always hopeful (for the listener seeking resolution). In the ninth minute things get stripped down to simplified levels'lots of staccato notes and spaciousness'with the occasional jarring interjection of a sustained low bass chord. At the 10:58 mark things pick back up again into the swirling, throbbing world from the earlier B Part. Almost ANEKDOTEN-like! (Especially with the presence of a mellotron.) The song winds down with the final 75 seconds being very slow and airy. (8/10)

4. 'Static' (3:06) is an austere bass and drum song peppered with synthesized and percussive sounds while an oriental-sounding echoed cello arpeggiates some odd oriental- sounding chords or scales. Kind of cool! (8/10)

Overall an engaging if brief journey into some quite cinematic songspaces.

4 Stars

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"