WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus
Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)Walrus by WALRUS (2008-09-16)
Esoteric
Maybe Tonight by WalrusMaybe Tonight by Walrus
Ravensbourne

The Beatles Hello Goodbye Walrus 7" Rare Danish PS R5655 Psych 1967 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW USD $31.22 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Ginty ?- I Am The Walrus 7" EP Wild Dog Records 1980 (Beatles Cover) NWOBHM USD $233.05 [0 bids]
Venomous Walrus - Venomous Walrus [New CD] USD $13.81 Buy It Now 9h 5m
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour CD ALBUM / PENNY LANE, HELLO GOODBYE, WALRUS USD $2.65 [1 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 1967 Capitol Vinyl Record USD $4.74 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Complete Lost Lennon Tapes Vol 21 & 22-Walrus 2 CD Set Double Fantasy Sessions USD $74.99 Buy It Now 14h 28m
Walrus Mountain-Malagasy Sunset CD NEW USD $18.66 Buy It Now 15h 15m
Mersey Beats Strawberry Walrus CD (NEW and SEALED) with guitar pick USD $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 47m
Baby Walrus Self-Titled (CD) by Baby Walrus (2008) (Promo) Slumber Party Records USD $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 16m
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $20.00 Buy It Now 18h 39m
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 19h 15m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS USA CAPITOL 2056 SCRANTON SLEEVE USD $19.95 Buy It Now 19h 56m
The Walrus Of Love Barry White 2 CD album (Double CD) Dutch WHITE213 USD $21.96 Buy It Now 20h 25m
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $7.50 Buy It Now 20h 40m
The Beatles ?- Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 7" single 1st press USD $2.60 [0 bids]
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus Oasis MUSIC CD USD $5.48 Buy It Now 1 day
45W THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE ON CAPITOL RECORDS MACLEAN CO. USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS-NEVER GONNA LET MY BODY TOUCH THE GROUND/WHY RARE UK 7'' 1971 EX+ DERAM USD $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus Hash MUSIC CD USD $5.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus 1996 by Oasis USD $32.89 Buy It Now 1 day
(GN173) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.98 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS (CANADA) FAMILY HANGOVER NEW VINYL RECORD USD $23.53 Buy It Now 1 day
VENOMOUS WALRUS VENOMOUS WALRUS NEW CD USD $18.65 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS Moth TECN-12547 Maxi-Single JAPAN 1999 USD $27.87 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Capital Swirl LOT 5476 5810 2056 2131 HELP I AM THE WALRUS PENNY LANE USD $9.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS VINYL 45 RECORD RE14 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS VINYL 45 RECORD RE14 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS DYED TECN-12632 Maxi-Single JAPAN 2000 USD $27.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Oasis : Wonderwall I Am the Walrus CD USD $4.08 Buy It Now 2 days
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $36.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $14.48 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES-Hello Goodbye+I Am The Walrus-A Nice Radio Station 45-CAPITOL #2056 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR-Rare Collector's LONG BOX-I am The Walrus, etc USD $129.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Empathy for the Walrus:music/beatles - Randy Jackson Compact Disc USD $15.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $19.54 Buy It Now 2 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $15.98 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES-Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus-NMint Radio Station 45-CAPITOL #2056 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus - Anyway the Wind Blows 45 unknown private press power pop Strong VG USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #3 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / inst. ~ALL STAR VG++ / VG+ John Lennon related USD $5.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Baby Walrus - Self Titled NEW LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
(GG390) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.98 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.80 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.65 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.80 Buy It Now 2 days
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.18 Buy It Now 2 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $55.19 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.40 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $19.83 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 7" Hello Goodbye/ I am the walrus with USA Capitol Orig. sleeve USD $36.99 Buy It Now 3 days
 BEATLES 45 RPM LOT OF 4 day tripper madonna walrus standing there FREE SHIPPING USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Hash, I Forgot My Blanket / Mr Hello / I Am the Walrus, Excellent Single USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Swedish Sleeve USD $18.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - S/T 1972 Janus 1st Ed. psych LP USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PS - JAPAN - 7" 45RPM - Apple USD $38.47 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES X 3 SINGLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - WORK IT OUT - I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.65 [0 bids]
WALRUS VIRUS TECN-16384 CD JAPAN 1998 NEW USD $41.54 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS who can i trust/tomorrow never comes DERAM PROMO 45 prog funk rock USD $6.29 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES (7") HELLO,GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS[1992 PARLOPHONE REISSUE 45 *RARE]NM USD $60.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus '67 PSYCH 7" John Lennon McCartney USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $8.50 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES  HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL WITH  SMALL/MEDIUM T-SHIRT NIB USD $25.00 [0 bids]
CD-WALRUS SAME 1970 Deram/UK Progressive Rock PSYCH USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Vinyl Record The Beatles Hello, Goodbye I Am The Walrus 45RPM 1967 rare music USD $2.66 [0 bids]
VINYL LP RECORD BARRY WHITE ANOTHER WAY TO SAY I LOVE YOU WALRUS FRAME SOUL DISC USD $9.31 Buy It Now 4 days
OASIS Cigarettes & Alcohol / I Am The Walrus Live 7" Vinyl Numbered CRE190 1994 USD $42.60 Buy It Now 4 days
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus, Oasis Single USD $5.73 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am theWalrus (John wanted his 'Walrus' as A-side) USD $15.30 [0 bids]
USD $22.95 Buy It Now
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.61 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $24.04 Buy It Now 5 days
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $49.00 Buy It Now 5 days
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $39.94 Buy It Now 5 days
D.D DUMBO job lot of 2 promo CDs Satan Walrus 4AD USD $10.64 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus (9) - Now You Know - CD Album USD $2.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.24 Buy It Now 5 days
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles : Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Uncovered 2013 by The Walrus USD $6.29 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS FRENCH PRESSING SOLID CENTRE EX USD $13.30 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus & Hello Goodbye / 45 RPM Capitol # 2056 VG++ . USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Parlophone 45 RPM USD $50.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye/ I am the Walrus - Rare SINGAPORE release 45 RPM USD $20.00 [0 bids]
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BORIS MERZBOW EP walrus groon COLOR LIMITED pelican melvins mastodon ozzy sumac USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.99 Buy It Now
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.20 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS-FAMILY HANGOVER-JAPAN CD Bonus Track E78 USD $16.88 [0 bids]
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 45 - US PROMO USD $10.88 Buy It Now 6 days
ARCWELDER/I AM THE WALRUS US BMI026 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Mike Fab-Gere & The Permissive Society - I Am The Walrus - 7" Single USD $5.31 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $22.15 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES -Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Rare UK 7" Picture Disc Vinyl Record USD $58.58 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS PS & RECORD 45 RPM RECORD USD $55.86 Buy It Now 7 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson... USD $7.04 Buy It Now 7 days
CHILL FACTION Eggman On The Deuce 12" SINGLE EP SEALED Beatles I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 WEST MALLING AIR STATION I AM THE WALRUS PROMO . P3 USD $9.31 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock / Fusion / Canterbury Team
4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simultaneously playing the same drum kit (from opposite sides), Mattias Olsson (Anglagard, White Willow) and Henrik Olsson (Mattias' 17-year old son?).

Krautrock is alive and flourishing! Walrus gives us another wonderful testament to the revitalization of the Krautrock sub-genre of progressive rock, though this 33 1/2 minute offering is hardly an LP's worth of tunes. Bass, organ, synths, cello and two drummers are typical contributors to the music here.

1. 'Tromso' (7:14) is constructed very much in the vein of CAN with a steady, hypnotic bass and guitar beat, playful drumming and lots of incidentals'samples (radio & computer/electronic noises), percussives, cello, voices, Farfisa organ'and a humorous Monty Python-esque ending. (8/10)

2. 'Signals' (8:58) begins very slowly, heavily. The slow pattern of bass, background organ (and hiss) and seemingly random viola notes make for a very mysterious, ominous feel. The drums enter in the third minute and soon after a synthesizer, which turns into an organ, to 'liven' things up a bit for a minute or so. A bare bones section ensues for about a minute until everything hypes up into a fast pace (delightful!) while keyboards beep and swirl around in the mix for a while. At 6:50 the cymbol and bass play speed up but then move to a lower volume while things get stripped down to return to the slow-down, though more jazzy feel of the opening pace. A good song, with interesting experimentation in meter and sound level. (8/10)

3. 'Spitsbergen' (14:09) is the album's longest song. It starts with a very spacey synth and echo-plexed bass with creative percussion play for the first two minutes. At 3:37 the song shifts gears with a big chunky bass and full drum support kicking into a driving pace. They are joined by a modulated synth and arpeggiating organ and treated electrified cello. The constant building, climbing of scales and then dropping back to start over are highly engaging and always hopeful (for the listener seeking resolution). In the ninth minute things get stripped down to simplified levels'lots of staccato notes and spaciousness'with the occasional jarring interjection of a sustained low bass chord. At the 10:58 mark things pick back up again into the swirling, throbbing world from the earlier B Part. Almost ANEKDOTEN-like! (Especially with the presence of a mellotron.) The song winds down with the final 75 seconds being very slow and airy. (8/10)

4. 'Static' (3:06) is an austere bass and drum song peppered with synthesized and percussive sounds while an oriental-sounding echoed cello arpeggiates some odd oriental- sounding chords or scales. Kind of cool! (8/10)

Overall an engaging if brief journey into some quite cinematic songspaces.

4 Stars

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"