AN AERIAL VIEW

Progressive Electronic

Oöphoi An Aerial View album cover

Buy OÖPHOI Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. An Aerial View (65:07)

Search OÖPHOI An Aerial View lyrics

Search OÖPHOI An Aerial View tabs

- Gianluigi Gasparetti / all electronics & effects

glacial Movements Records

OÖPHOI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OÖPHOI An Aerial View Music

More places to buy OÖPHOI music online Buy OÖPHOI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

OÖPHOI An Aerial View ratings distribution

OÖPHOI An Aerial View reviews

Review by admireArt
4 stars Melanchollic sadness taints this Oophoi's "An Aerial View", 2008. An enticing, yet selective, mood which will rarely fit in anyones own choice as a daily's humor or whim.

Nonetheless this is irrelevant as far as recommending or rating goes.

As I have written Gianluigi Gasparetti aka Oophoi had a natural instinct for composing very emotional and attractive melody lines. By emotional, I, of course, do not refer to dramatic or soap-opera's antics, I mean heartfelt, thus universal human emotions and by sadness I do mean solitary, undisguised human existence's sadness.

Anyway this project was comissioned by the Glacial Movements Records and in Gianluigi Gasparetti own words.

-" When I've been asked to describe the Ice Age with an uninterrupted drone, I knew I wanted to avoid the cliches of the genre: dark rumblings, massive low frequencies, cold atmospheres. I had to describe with sounds the white landscape, the blinding light reflected by the frozen oceans, the abyssal silence.I have imagined myself in flight over this Sleeping Earth, a solitary winged-being surrounded by winds, air, water and ice. This led me to compose an airy drone with minimal variations and delicate tones, an hommage to a pure, incontaminated and remote land." -  Oöpho

A "solitary winged-being surrounded by winds, air, water and ice.", I guess that sums it up.

Deep listenings, that is what it takes . "Deep Listenings", as the Italian music magazine he used to be editor of is named.

****4 PA stars.

Post a review of OÖPHOI "An Aerial View"