AURINKO

1. Pyhiinvaeltaja (3:12)
2. Härjät (3:45)
3. Aivosähköä (3:29)
4. Katariinanpyörä (2:30)
5. Todellisuuksien yleiset luokat (3:19)
6. Tähteinvälinen (5:10)
7. Manalainen (3:21)
8. Ainomieli (3:28)
9. Kaksi jokea (3:49)
10. Timanttirumpu (3:13)
11. Marian ilmestys (5:53)
12. Yö ei ole pimeä päivä (3:01)

Search CMX Aurinko lyrics

Search CMX Aurinko tabs

- A. W. Yrjänä / bass, vocals
- Pekka Kanniainen / drums
- Janne Halmkrona / guitars
- Timo Rasio / guitars

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

CMX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CMX Aurinko Music

AurinkoAurinko
Imports 2012

More places to buy CMX music online Buy CMX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CMX Aurinko ratings distribution

CMX Aurinko reviews

Review by Matti
2 stars In my yesterday's review on Aura, CMX's next album after Aurinko, I told about my personal listening history. Seen from the 12-year perspective, I must say that my relationship with the CMX albums have been "updated" only on Aura and the progressive double album Dinosaurus Stereophonicus (2000). I'm planning to (re)listen some of their albums, but on this one I'll throw a quick review depending only on distant memories of it.

I remember there were few interesting songs with a sense of poetic depth - though musically nothing as good as on the Aura album - and mostly some "uglier" songs I didn't enjoy. The difference from Aura is notable, even if the change of musical direction away from noisy and aggressive punk rock started in this album already. The difference is most visible in the production: here things are still quite rough and unpolished.

A. W. Yrjänä's lyrics are in a centre role. He draws influences from old Finnish folklore (Kalevala!) and adds some wordplay in his mystic visions: for example track title 'Manalainen' mixes Manala, the mythic land of the Dead, and maanalainen, meaning underground. One song I still remember quite well is 'Yö ei ole pimeä päivä' ("Night Is Not a Dark Day"). In the evolution of CMX this myth-flavoured album is very notable, especially if you prefer them with rougher edge than with cleaner production and softer songs amidst rock. But it's not among my favourites as a whole. 2½ stars.

4 stars The first CMX album on a major label was pretty much a final departure from the hardcore punk still strongly present on the previous album, but the spirit and the overall approach remain distinctly "punk" as opposed to "mainstream". Even the few songs that clearly borrow more from schlager and pop ... (read more)

Report this review (#449292) | Posted by Vompatti | Wednesday, May 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CMX "Aurinko"