34.788%...COMPLETE

Andrew Craighan - guitar
Calvin Robertshaw - guitar
Adrian Jackson - bass
Bill Law - drums
Michelle Richfield - female vocals on "Heroin Chic"

Keyboards by Keith Appleton and 'Mags'

October 6, 1998
Peaceville Records

Thanks to J-Man for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete Music

34.788% Complete34.788% Complete
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
PEACEVILLE 2017
34.788% Complete ( 2 Lp Gatefold + Bonus Track )34.788% Complete ( 2 Lp Gatefold + Bonus Track )
PEACEVILLE 2017
Vinyl$17.65

My Dying Bride - Like Gods of the Sun cd digipack USD $8.29 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788%...COMPLETE, GREEN vinyl LP, 700 COPIES! NEW - SEALED! USD $23.99 Buy It Now
TEARS OF MANKIND 2011 Memoria CD Doom Death Anathema My Dying Bride Anathema USD $12.99 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 3 [DIGIPAK] * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $15.11 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 3 [DIGIPAK] * NEW CD USD $15.41 Buy It Now
The Voice of the Wretched by My Dying Bride (CD, 2002) Peaceville Records USD $15.08 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods Of The Sun - CD ** Brand New ** USD $17.49 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods Of The Sun - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $13.95 Buy It Now
@ CD MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788% COMPLETE / PEACEVILLE RECORDS 1998 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride - Trinity (NEW CD) USD $11.70 Buy It Now
The Vaulted Shadows * by My Dying Bride (CD, May-2014, Peaceville Records (USA)) USD $8.47 Buy It Now 12m 47s
Trinity [Bonus Tracks] by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2013, Peaceville Records... USD $6.17 Buy It Now 12m 50s
Vaulted Shadows - My Dying Bride (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.40 Buy It Now 19m 33s
Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium - My Dying Bride (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $15.69 Buy It Now 28m 15s
MY DYING BRIDE-As The Flower Withers (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $22.52 Buy It Now 2h 9m
MY DYING BRIDE - Meisterwerk 1 (CD 2000) METAL Enhanced Digipak Excellent cond USD $5.68 Buy It Now 2h 23m
My Dying Bride-Feel the Misery CD NEW USD $14.56 Buy It Now 2h 43m
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER NEW VINYL RECORD USD $37.66 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Like Gods Of The Sun - My Dying Bride (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.73 Buy It Now 7h 18m
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK III 3 CD NEW+ USD $25.75 Buy It Now 16h 16m
MY DYING BRIDE - Deeper Down Ep - CD ** Brand New ** USD $42.49 Buy It Now 16h 50m
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED USD $40.00 [0 bids]
USD $55.00 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE - MUG (11OZ) (BRAND NEW IN BOX) USD $10.12 Buy It Now 17h 54m
MY DYING BRIDE - Line of Deathless Kings - CD ** Brand New ** USD $28.49 Buy It Now 18h 13m
DECEMBRE NOIR Forsaken Earth PARADISE LOST TIAMAT OPETH MY DYING BRIDE USD $12.00 Buy It Now 19h 52m
New MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 (CD 2000) METAL Enhanced Digipak  USD $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 30m
Turn Loose The Swans - My Dying Bride 801056848826 (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.95 Buy It Now 22h 20m
My Dying Bride: Like Gods Of The Sun Double LP 2 Vinyl Records 2012 Germany NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Evinta by My Dying Bride. USD $16.16 Buy It Now 23h 56m
MY DYING BRIDE - Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium - Vinyl (12") USD $20.56 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS CDVILEF150X USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 2 - DIGIPAK CD 2001 BRAND NEW USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - A Map Of All Our Failures by My Dying Bride USD $7.64 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - An Ode To Woe CD DVD digipack used VG+ DOOM DEATH METAL USD $4.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE 'Feel The Misery' Gatefold 180g Vinyl 2LP + Download NEW SEALED USD $33.92 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-MEISTERWERK 1 (SEALED CD) (ENHANCED WITH VIDEO TRACK) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride-Evinta (2 CD)-Brand New-Still Sealed USD $11.27 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE 34.788 % COMPLETE + BONUS TRACK BRAND NEW SEALED CD 2014 USD $11.33 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES BRAND NEW SEALED CD 2013 USD $10.83 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE LIKE GODS OF THE SUN + 2 BONUS TRACKS BRAND NEW SEALED CD 2014 USD $8.80 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER + 4 BONUS TRACKS NEW SEALED CD 2014 USD $8.80 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Like Gods of the Sun CD USD $4.94 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT BRAND NEW SEALED CD USD $10.57 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS BRAND NEW SEALED CD USD $11.33 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - The Dreadful Hours - 2001 Magazine Advertisment Poster USD $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - Introducing My Dying Bride [2CD] [NEW & SEALED] Doom metal USD $7.60 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - Meisterwerk I - CD (doom gothic metal) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - I Am The Bloody Earth - Vinyl (heavyweight vinyl 12") USD $20.56 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES SEALED CD NEW 2013 USD $7.66 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST SHADES OF GOD CASSETTE 1992 MY DYING BRIDE VALLENFYRE BLOODBATH USD $1.25 [0 bids]
CATHEDRAL THE ETHEREAL MIRROR CASSETTE 1993 EARACHE MY DYING BRIDE ORANGE GOBLIN USD $1.25 [1 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - Evinta (Large CD / BOOK box set) DOOM METAL / L@@K USD $18.98 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE-The Angel & The Dark River VINYL LP NEW USD $32.48 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Thrash Of Naked Limbs The VINYL NEW USD $26.41 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES CD NEW USD $12.70 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-FEEL THE MISERY VINYL LP NEW USD $32.48 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-DREADFUL HOURS VINYL LP NEW USD $32.48 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light - VINYL 2LP (Peaceville 2014) USD $31.49 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Unreleased Bitterness-7"EP RARE Venom, Celtic Frost, Slayer, USD $40.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $36.18 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - 34.788 Complete [New Vinyl] USD $26.14 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light * 2004 * CATHEDRAL,MOONSPELL USD $79.90 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE "THE DREADFUL HOURS" CD DIGIPACK NEW+ USD $18.72 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - My Body is a Funeral DOG TAG - NEW in AUSTRALIA USD $10.55 Buy It Now 2 days
Keen of the Crow - Premonition demo CD Morgion Gravehill My Dying Bride Anathema USD $3.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Feel The Misery vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $55.03 Buy It Now 2 days
MYSTIC CHARM Shadows Of The Unknown PARADISE LOST CELTIC FROST MY DYING BRIDE USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride As The Flower Withers vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $42.21 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS, 2013 EU 180G vinyl LP, NEW - SEALED! USD $33.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Feel The Misery (CD) USD $15.04 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST Gothic Illusions CD Live 1991 OOP My Dying Bride USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE CD - FEEL THE MISERY (2015) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK METAL USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - 34.788% Complete (NEW CD) USD $11.70 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans (Special Edition) (NEW 2 x CD) USD $13.60 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride / As the Flower Withers JAPAN+1 PCCY-00928 Rare!!!!! #F-TB USD $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride Feel The Misery Vinyl (peaceville Doom Goth, Paradise Lost) USD $11.39 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE THRASH OF NAKED LIMBS VINYL LP MAXI SINGLE NEW+ USD $36.71 Buy It Now 3 days
The Nulll Collective - de monstris doom ahab my dying bride evoken howling void USD $4.54 [0 bids]
USD $6.05 Buy It Now
Ablaze in Hatred - deceptive awareness my dying bride evoken thergothon USD $4.16 [0 bids]
USD $5.41 Buy It Now
Rise of Avernus - s/t digipak rare evoken my dying bride agalloch anathema USD $7.56 [0 bids]
USD $9.83 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride - a map of all our failures CD/DVD digibook rare evoken messa USD $18.90 [0 bids]
USD $24.95 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE - The Light at the End of the World digipak anathema evoken USD $4.54 [0 bids]
USD $6.05 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride ?- The Dreadful Hours digipak anathema paradise lost evoken USD $4.54 [0 bids]
USD $6.05 Buy It Now
Eterne 2cd lot opeth novembers doom my dying bride beyond dawn USD $7.56 [0 bids]
USD $9.83 Buy It Now
My Shameful - descend A5 digi evoken my dying bride neurosis swallow the sun USD $11.34 [0 bids]
USD $15.12 Buy It Now
My dying bride - The Angel and the Dark River - RARE Cassette Tape album 1995 USD $25.32 [0 bids]
Voice Of The Wretched - My Dying Bride - Cd - New USD $18.06 Buy It Now 3 days
Paradise Lost Icon DLP, first press with poster. My Dying Bride. Anathema USD $42.00 [0 bids]
Paradise Lost - Shades Of God, First Press, My Dying Bride, Anathema USD $35.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride: A Map Of All Our Failures CD 2012 Peaceville CDVILEF407 NEW USD $11.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DOUBLE CD My Dying Bride - Ode to Woe (Live Recording, 2013) USD $7.53 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride: The Vaulted Shadows CD 2014 Peaceville Germany CDVILEDH509 NEW USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans CD UK Peaceville 1993 7 Track (Vile39Cd) USD $28.54 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - As the Flower Withers [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $10.78 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW - Meisterwerk 2 by My Dying Bride USD $8.78 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride CD Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium oop Peaceville 1991 ep USD $31.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - As the Flower Withers [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $11.38 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Feel the Misery [New Vinyl] USD $29.39 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - SONGS OF DARKNESS [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $16.48 Buy It Now 3 days
CELESTIAL SEASON-SOLAR LOVERS-OOP-CD-my dying bride-the gathering-melodic-doom USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the tepid reception of Like Gods Of The Sun, MDB changed the grunge oriented sound of that album to a more experimental direction. 34.788 %...Complete is an industrial and Goth-tinged alternative metal album where MDB tried to catch up with the genre defying music that The Gathering and Tiamat had released in the preceding years. It was very much a hit and miss again. 34.788 %...Complete has the potential of a good album but suffers from a number of shortcomings.

This becomes evident right from the start. The Whore, The Cook and The Mother has nice quiet atmospherics and great heavy Goth symphonic metal parts. But the problem is Aaron's vocal capabilities, or lack thereof. This is the third MDB album in a row where he only uses his singing voice, be it with a bit distortion on some tracks. His clean vocals are inexpressive and dreary, and since he can't convey any dynamics through them, the sinister power of his gruff vocals are surely missed.

A second problem is that each of the tracks is a least 3 minutes too long. There are simply not enough ideas or development in the music to keep them going for more then 5 minutes. Songs like Herion Chic and Apocalypse Woman would have been excellent had they been reduced to appropriate lengths. Now they're merely average. Only Under Your Wings manages to find the balance between length and substance.

Not the best MDB, but probably not as bad as advertised. 2.5 stars

Review by UMUR
4 stars 34.788%... Complete is the 5th full-length studio album by British doom metal act My Dying Bride. The album was released in October 1998 through Peaceville Records. There have been a few lineup changes since Like Gods of the Sun (1996) as drummer Rick Miah had been forced to leave the band because of health issues and violin/ keyboard player Martin Powell left because of musical differences. Apparently Martin Powell had stopped showing up at rehearsals and at some point resigned. The latter is replaced here by session keyboard player Jonny Maudling while the former ( Rick Miah) is replaced by Bill Law.

The music style on 34.788%... Complete is in many ways very different from the bandĀ“s earlier output, but at the end of the day still sounds unmistakably like My Dying Bride. One of the main reasons for the different sound is of course the lack of violin on the album. The violin parts had become one of the trademarks of the bandĀ“s sound and had been a dominant part of every album release up until 34.788%... Complete. Instead My Dying Bride opted to incorporate a lot more keyboards on this album compared to the earlier releases. Lead vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe had left the death metal growls behind a couple of albums ago and on this album he also exclusively sings using his clean voice. ThereĀ“s an experimental aura surrounding this album, and youĀ“ll find some of the most adventurous and ( dare I say) progressive ideas ever recorded by My Dying Bride on 34.788%... Complete. The track Heroin Chic is probably the most obvious example of a track that sounds very different from earlier material. ThereĀ“s an electronic edge to the song, and reciting type vocals in the vein of Nick Cave. The lyrics are also unusually brutal and vulgar with the use of multible swear words. Pretty far from the more usual romantic albeit depressive lyric style. Most songs feature unusual experiments though, so itĀ“s not exclusively Heroin Chic thatĀ“s different. One of my favorite moments on the album is the atmospheric section in the opening track The Whore, the Cook and the Mother, which features only clean guitar, keyboards and samples. That section really moves me, like very little music possess the power to do.

The production is professional and powerful, suiting the music perfectly.

34.788%... Complete is probably the most unconventional album yet released by My Dying Bride, and there are very different opinions about the album among fans and critics alike. IĀ“m one of those that really appreciate that the band had the guts to do something a bit different and I think they fully succeeded in their quest. 34.788%... Complete is among my favorites by My Dying Bride and IĀ“d say a 4 - 4.5 star rating is deserved.

Review by Warthur
2 stars Ew, guys, no, come on. 34.788%...Complete finds My Dying Bride radically experimenting with their sound, and whilst I can respect them for not simply settling into the mode established by The Angel and the Dark River and Like Gods of the Sun, it seems to me like they would have been better off saving these rough experiments for demos and practice sessions, and wait until their experiments had come up with some really solid results before recording an album.

The basic problem of the release is that it's trying to combine a more accessible and commercial sound with a deeply inaccessible compositional approach, with the band pivoting towards gothy-industrial rock in a sort of Marilyn Manson or Stabbing Westward vein in terms of their musical style but still basing their approach around long compositions. Unfortunately, unlike their superior doom and death-doom releases of the past, that length doesn't quite work this time around - more or less all the compositions end up somewhat flabby and could do with being extensively trimmed back. The overall impression is that the band really didn't seem to have much of a firm plan for this one and ended up meandering in all sorts of different directions which don't come together to form a pleasing whole.

2 stars My Dying Bride lost the plot in a major way on this album. Following Paradise Lost's way to oblivion, My Dying Bride came up with an album full of goth rock and triphop, electronica and plain rock. Gone was the mournful doom metal My Dying Bride had made their trademark. Well, most of it, an ... (read more)

Report this review (#297622) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, September 6, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "34.788%...Complete"