34.788%...COMPLETE

My Dying Bride 34.788%...Complete album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Studio Album, released in 1998

1. The Whore, The Cook And The Mother (11:59)
2. The Stance Of Evander Sinque (5:31)
3. Der ▄berlebende (7:38)
4. Heroin Chic (8:03)
5. Apocalypse Woman (7:37)
6. Base Level Erotica (9:54)
7. Under Your Wings And Into Your Arms (5:56)

Total time 56:38

- Calvin Robertshaw / guitar
- Adrian Jackson / bass
- Bill Law / drums

With (not confirmed):
- Michelle Richfield / vocals (4)
- Keith Appleton / keyboards
- Robert Magoolagan / keyboards

CD Peaceville - CDVILE 74 (1998, UK)
CD Peaceville - CDVILED 74 (2004, UK) Remastered with a bonus track

LP Peaceville - VILE 674 (1998, UK)
2xLP Peaceville - VILELP515 (2014, UK) With a bonus track

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete Music

34.788% Complete ( 2 Lp Gatefold + Bonus Track )34.788% Complete ( 2 Lp Gatefold + Bonus Track )
PEACEVILLE 2017
$13.79
34.788% Complete34.788% Complete
Extra tracks · Remastered
PEACEVILLE 2017
$7.66
34.788% Complete by MY DYING BRIDE (2004-08-02)34.788% Complete by MY DYING BRIDE (2004-08-02)
Peaceville
$141.69

My Dying Bride: Feel The Misery - Deluxe 2 CD + 2 LP Vinyl Set 2015 Earbook NEW USD $49.95 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE NEW VINYL RECORD USD $28.75 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE THE MANUSCRIPT [EP] NEW VINYL RECORD USD $17.31 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride : Meisterwerk, Vol. 2 CD USD $10.99 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride : Voice of the Wretched CD USD $9.62 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD New] USD $10.35 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride ?- The Light at the End of the World LP- Anathema - Paradise Lost USD $16.00 [0 bids]
Turn Loose The Swans - My Dying Bride (CD New) USD $10.52 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE As The Flower Withers CD France Peaceville 1992 7 Track USD $14.52 Buy It Now 2h 7m
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans CD UK Peaceville 1993 7 Track (Vile39Cd) USD $15.89 Buy It Now 2h 8m
MY DYING BRIDE Feel The Misery CD Europe Peaceville 2015 8 Track CD In Digipak USD $8.96 Buy It Now 2h 12m
MY DYING BRIDE-As The Flower Withers (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $23.06 Buy It Now 3h 33m
My Dying Bride-34.788% Complete (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $11.00 Buy It Now 6h 41m
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans true Orig press 1993 rare death metal USD $10.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Introducing (CD Used Like New) USD $6.37 Buy It Now 9h 28m
A Tribute To My Dying Bride - Long Stay In The Darkness. USD $16.00 Buy It Now 12h 54m
MY DYING BRIDE - DREADFUL HOURS/LTD.EDIT. NEW VINYL RECORD USD $24.94 Buy It Now 14h 25m
My Dying Bride ?- Turn Loose The Swans [1CD, 2001 UK Press] Paradise Lost USD $10.00 Buy It Now 14h 43m
Paradise Lost - Reflection [1CD,Best,US 1st Press] Gothic Metal, My Dying Bride USD $9.00 Buy It Now 14h 43m
My Dying Bride: Feel The Misery CD 2015 Peaceville Records Germany Digipak NEW USD $13.95 Buy It Now 15h 9m
NEX Zero CD My Dying Bride Katatonia Candlemass USD $6.79 Buy It Now 16h 11m
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE G/F 2LP 2009 PEACEVILLE FIRST PRESS katatonia USD $49.99 Buy It Now 16h 16m
MY DYING BRIDE A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS G/F 2LP SEALED 2006 PEACEVILLE FIRST PR USD $49.99 Buy It Now 16h 52m
My Dying Bride: Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light 2 LP Vinyl Record Set 2014 NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 18h 17m
My Dying Bride - Dreadful Hour [New CD] USD $14.80 Buy It Now 18h 35m
The Antichrist Imperium - The Antichrist Imperium NEWCD MY DYING BRIDE AKERCOCKE USD $11.42 Buy It Now 18h 58m
My Dying Bride: As The Flower Withers LP 180G Vinyl Record 2013 Peaceville NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 20h 14m
My Dying Bride As The Flower Withers CD 2004 Bonus Track Peaceville Slipcase NEW USD $13.95 Buy It Now 20h 19m
My Dying Bride I Am The Bloody Earth LP Vinyl Record 2016 Peaceville Germany NEW USD $18.95 Buy It Now 20h 21m
My Dying Bride: Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light CD 2004 Peaceville Germany NEW USD $12.95 Buy It Now 20h 41m
My Dying Bride - Dreadful Hour [New CD] USD $12.41 Buy It Now 20h 54m
Sombre Romantic by Virgin Black (CD, 2002) My Dying Bride Moonspell Tristania USD $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 56m
My Dying Bride New CD Angel & The Dark River USD $17.96 Buy It Now 23h 41m
MY DYING BRIDE-THE DREADFUL HOURS 1 PRESS 2001 DIGIPAK PEACEVILLE RARE!!! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE : A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES (LP Vinyl) USD $35.50 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE : FEEL THE MISERY (LP Vinyl) USD $79.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE : FEEL THE MISERY (LP Vinyl) USD $35.50 Buy It Now 1 day
LETARGY DREAM 2008 2 CD Death Doom Revelations Of Rain My Dying Bride USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE original 3 CD Box "The Stories" 1994 on Peaceville USD $78.61 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE original CD / Digi "Like gods of the sun" 1996? on Peaceville USD $12.53 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Light at the End of the World (1999) USD $5.93 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE : TURN LOOSE THE SWANS -PD (LP Vinyl) USD $32.20 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788%...COMPLETE, GREEN vinyl LP, 700 COPIES! NEW - SEALED! USD $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TEARS OF MANKIND 2011 Memoria CD Doom Death Anathema My Dying Bride Anathema USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Thrash Of Naked Limbs UK Maxi 2016 Death Meatl Doom /2* USD $23.54 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 3 [DIGIPAK] * NEW CD USD $18.02 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - As the Flower Withers (2013) 180g Vinyl LP NEW SPEEDYPOST USD $21.06 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - THE BARGHEST O'WHITBY VINYL LP NEW+ USD $34.09 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Light At The End Of The World (CD Used Like New) USD $9.59 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Barghest O'Whitby EP RARE paradise lost skepticism USD $48.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride : Angel & The Dark River CD USD $6.10 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride The Dreadful Hours Anathema Paradise Lost Katatonia Morgion USD $5.28 [1 bids]
My Dying Bride 34.788% Anathema Paradise Lost Katatonia Funeral Morgion USD $3.96 [1 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE-The Angel & The Dark River VINYL LP NEW USD $39.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Like Gods of the Sun [Digipak] by My Dying Bride USD $17.02 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES - NEW CD ALBUM USD $13.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Like Gods of the Sun [Bonus Tracks] by My Dying Bride (CD, Apr-2003, Peaceville/ USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST - LP Demos 1 And 2 DOOM DEATH METAL DEMO Anathema My Dying Bride USD $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Celestial Season - Solar Lovers RARE 1ST PRESS 1995 Displeased My Dying Bride USD $9.87 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Angel And The Dark / Live At The Dynamo RARE 1996 Fierce USD $10.63 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers LP 180 Gram Vinyl Doom Death Metal SEALED USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Feel The Misery - Gatefold Double Vinyl LP - Still Sealed! USD $8.00 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
MY DYING BRIDE - Meisterwerk 1 CD ( 2000, UK Import Version ) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - A Line of Deathless Kings - My Dying Bride CD P6VG The Fast USD $9.96 Buy It Now 2 days
VALLENFYRE- Fear Those Who Fear Him [NEW & SEALED] Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride USD $13.20 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Line Of Deathless Kings (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $21.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Angel & the Dark River - My Dying Bride LP Free Shipping! USD $29.33 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride: Like Gods Of The Sun Double LP 2 Vinyl Records 2012 Germany NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-My Dying Bride - Evinta - (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $5.45 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Map Of All Our Failures Dvd Limited (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.66 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Manuscript The ( Ep ) (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $16.93 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-A Map Of All Our Failures (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $24.67 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.22 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-An Ode To Woe (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $11.78 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM (UK IMPORT) VIN USD $16.97 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-The Vaulted Shadows (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $11.87 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Evinta (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $15.02 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-BARGHEST O `WHITBY (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $22.23 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-FEEL THE MISERY (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $21.04 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-I Am The Bloody Earth (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $16.97 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $24.67 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-MEISTERWERK III (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $15.02 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-DREADFUL HOURS (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $24.67 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-34.788% Complete (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.22 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Trinity (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.22 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-The Dreadful Hours (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.22 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-The Voice Of The Wretched (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.80 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-The Light at the End of the World (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.22 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-As The Flower Withers (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.22 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Songs of Darkness. Words of Light (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.22 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Like Gods Of The Sun (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $11.56 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.7888 Complete - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $46.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.7888 Complete - CD - **Mint Condition** USD $14.76 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $25.57 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Light at the End of the World [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $11.47 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE-MEISTERWERK 1 (SEALED CD) (ENHANCED WITH VIDEO TRACK) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Line Of Deathless Kings CD NEW USD $13.95 Buy It Now 3 days
OFFICIUM TRISTE-MORS VIRI-CD-melodic-doom-death-my dying bride-clouds-necare USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 2 - DIGIPAK CD 2001 BRAND NEW USD $42.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADISE LOST Medusa POSTER My Dying Bride/Sentenced/Lake Of Tears/Vallenfyre !! USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the tepid reception of Like Gods Of The Sun, MDB changed the grunge oriented sound of that album to a more experimental direction. 34.788 %...Complete is an industrial and Goth-tinged alternative metal album where MDB tried to catch up with the genre defying music that The Gathering and Tiamat had released in the preceding years. It was very much a hit and miss again. 34.788 %...Complete has the potential of a good album but suffers from a number of shortcomings.

This becomes evident right from the start. The Whore, The Cook and The Mother has nice quiet atmospherics and great heavy Goth symphonic metal parts. But the problem is Aaron's vocal capabilities, or lack thereof. This is the third MDB album in a row where he only uses his singing voice, be it with a bit distortion on some tracks. His clean vocals are inexpressive and dreary, and since he can't convey any dynamics through them, the sinister power of his gruff vocals are surely missed.

A second problem is that each of the tracks is a least 3 minutes too long. There are simply not enough ideas or development in the music to keep them going for more then 5 minutes. Songs like Herion Chic and Apocalypse Woman would have been excellent had they been reduced to appropriate lengths. Now they're merely average. Only Under Your Wings manages to find the balance between length and substance.

Not the best MDB, but probably not as bad as advertised. 2.5 stars

Review by UMUR
4 stars 34.788%... Complete is the 5th full-length studio album by British doom metal act My Dying Bride. The album was released in October 1998 through Peaceville Records. There have been a few lineup changes since Like Gods of the Sun (1996) as drummer Rick Miah had been forced to leave the band because of health issues and violin/ keyboard player Martin Powell left because of musical differences. Apparently Martin Powell had stopped showing up at rehearsals and at some point resigned. The latter is replaced here by session keyboard player Jonny Maudling while the former ( Rick Miah) is replaced by Bill Law.

The music style on 34.788%... Complete is in many ways very different from the band┬┤s earlier output, but at the end of the day still sounds unmistakably like My Dying Bride. One of the main reasons for the different sound is of course the lack of violin on the album. The violin parts had become one of the trademarks of the band┬┤s sound and had been a dominant part of every album release up until 34.788%... Complete. Instead My Dying Bride opted to incorporate a lot more keyboards on this album compared to the earlier releases. Lead vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe had left the death metal growls behind a couple of albums ago and on this album he also exclusively sings using his clean voice. There┬┤s an experimental aura surrounding this album, and you┬┤ll find some of the most adventurous and ( dare I say) progressive ideas ever recorded by My Dying Bride on 34.788%... Complete. The track Heroin Chic is probably the most obvious example of a track that sounds very different from earlier material. There┬┤s an electronic edge to the song, and reciting type vocals in the vein of Nick Cave. The lyrics are also unusually brutal and vulgar with the use of multible swear words. Pretty far from the more usual romantic albeit depressive lyric style. Most songs feature unusual experiments though, so it┬┤s not exclusively Heroin Chic that┬┤s different. One of my favorite moments on the album is the atmospheric section in the opening track The Whore, the Cook and the Mother, which features only clean guitar, keyboards and samples. That section really moves me, like very little music possess the power to do.

The production is professional and powerful, suiting the music perfectly.

34.788%... Complete is probably the most unconventional album yet released by My Dying Bride, and there are very different opinions about the album among fans and critics alike. I┬┤m one of those that really appreciate that the band had the guts to do something a bit different and I think they fully succeeded in their quest. 34.788%... Complete is among my favorites by My Dying Bride and I┬┤d say a 4 - 4.5 star rating is deserved.

Review by Warthur
2 stars Ew, guys, no, come on. 34.788%...Complete finds My Dying Bride radically experimenting with their sound, and whilst I can respect them for not simply settling into the mode established by The Angel and the Dark River and Like Gods of the Sun, it seems to me like they would have been better off saving these rough experiments for demos and practice sessions, and wait until their experiments had come up with some really solid results before recording an album.

The basic problem of the release is that it's trying to combine a more accessible and commercial sound with a deeply inaccessible compositional approach, with the band pivoting towards gothy-industrial rock in a sort of Marilyn Manson or Stabbing Westward vein in terms of their musical style but still basing their approach around long compositions. Unfortunately, unlike their superior doom and death-doom releases of the past, that length doesn't quite work this time around - more or less all the compositions end up somewhat flabby and could do with being extensively trimmed back. The overall impression is that the band really didn't seem to have much of a firm plan for this one and ended up meandering in all sorts of different directions which don't come together to form a pleasing whole.

2 stars My Dying Bride lost the plot in a major way on this album. Following Paradise Lost's way to oblivion, My Dying Bride came up with an album full of goth rock and triphop, electronica and plain rock. Gone was the mournful doom metal My Dying Bride had made their trademark. Well, most of it, an ... (read more)

Report this review (#297622) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, September 6, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "34.788%...Complete"