34.788%...COMPLETE

Andrew Craighan - guitar
Calvin Robertshaw - guitar
Adrian Jackson - bass
Bill Law - drums
Michelle Richfield - female vocals on "Heroin Chic"

Keyboards by Keith Appleton and 'Mags'

October 6, 1998
Peaceville Records

Thanks to J-Man for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete Music

34.788% Complete34.788% Complete
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
PEACEVILLE 2017
34.788% Complete ( 2 Lp Gatefold + Bonus Track )34.788% Complete ( 2 Lp Gatefold + Bonus Track )
PEACEVILLE 2017
Vinyl$17.65
34.788% Complete by MY DYING BRIDE (2004-08-02)34.788% Complete by MY DYING BRIDE (2004-08-02)
Peaceville

MY DYING BRIDE "34.788%...COMPLETE" CD japan edition USD $19.99 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride-Feel the Misery (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.56 Buy It Now 1h 5m
My Dying Bride-Turn Loose the Swans (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.11 Buy It Now 1h 5m
For Lies I Sire - My Dying Bride (CD New) USD $11.14 Buy It Now 1h 34m
MY DYING BRIDE Trinity CD Album! New & Sealed! USD $5.40 Buy It Now 2h 29m
MY DYING BRIDE SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT SEALED CD NEW USD $7.07 Buy It Now 3h 17m
My Dying Bride: The Angel And Dark River + For Darkest Eyes CD DVD Set 2010 NEW USD $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Light At The End Of The World - My Dying Bride (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.35 Buy It Now 4h 20m
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans TAPE USD $32.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
THE KNELL "HARM" FREE SHIPPING! MY DYING BRIDE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
My Dying Bride My Body A Funeral Womans T-shirt NEW OFFICIAL sizes M USD $1.69 Buy It Now 7h 43m
MY DYING BRIDE - Meisterwerk 2 - CD ** Very Good Condition ** USD $50.95 Buy It Now 9h 40m
BARREN EARTH On Lonely Towers + 2 JAPAN CD Amorphis Opeth My Dying Bride Tiamat USD $25.40 Buy It Now 16h 23m
My Dying Bride The Thrash Of Naked Limbs 1993 EP (VILE 37T) USD $33.82 Buy It Now 18h 54m
My Dying Bride ?- Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium Peaceville VILE 27T USD $27.06 Buy It Now 18h 56m
My Dying Bride ?- The Stories 3CD 1994 single EP Box Peaceville USD $126.00 Buy It Now 20h 52m
My Dying Bride - The Vaulted Shadows (NEW CD) USD $14.53 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS SEALED CD NEW USD $7.07 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride: Trinity CD 2004 Bonus Tracks Peaceville UK CDVILED46 Digipak NEW USD $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KARI RUESLATTEN demo recordings PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA 3rd MORTAL USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS CD HARD 'N' HEAVY / DOOM METAL NEW+ USD $14.76 Buy It Now 1 day
The Dreadful Hours by My Dying Bride CD Peaceville Records USA Promo Import OOP USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - As The Flower Withers - CD ** Brand New ** USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun USD $10.13 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride 'The Light At The End Of The World' 2x12" Vinyl - NEW USD $22.98 Buy It Now 2 days
TERRORIZER #2 CARCASS ANTHRAX FIGHT SLAYER PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE CYNIC USD $20.28 Buy It Now 2 days
TERRORIZER #5 PANTERA MY DYING BRIDE MORTA SKULD ANATHEMA PRONG ABSU BENEDICTION USD $13.51 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE 'THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD' NEAR MINT DIGIPAK (REISSUE) USD $1.69 [0 bids]
My dying bride: Songs of darkness words of light-The voice of the wretched USD $8.13 Buy It Now 2 days
New MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 (CD 2000) METAL Enhanced Digipaká USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Angel and the Dark River/Live at the Dynamo '95 2 CD SET MY DYING BRIDE USD $24.38 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AN ODE TO WOE ( LTD.DIGIBOOK CD+DVD, Peaceville 2008 ) *Sealed* USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers CD 1992 ORG FIERCE paradise lost USD $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Syrach - Days Of Wrath CD - NORWEGIAN DEATH/DOOM MY DYING BRIDE SATURNUS OPHIS USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Thrash Of Naked Limbs UK Maxi 1992 //1 USD $46.57 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD, 2014 EU vinyl 2LP, SEALED! USD $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My dying bride - The Angel and the Dark River - RARE Cassette Tape album 1995 USD $13.53 [0 bids]
Songs of Darkness Words of Light - My Dying Bride LP USD $30.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Vaulted Shadows - My Dying Bride CD-JEWEL CASE USD $18.97 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER CD USD $5.41 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT VINYL LP NEW USD $32.13 Buy It Now 3 days
The Nulll Collective - de monstris doom ahab my dying bride evoken howling void USD $4.06 Buy It Now 3 days
Night To Die - all evil crying EP PROMO RARE my dying bride paradise lost USD $6.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Rise of Avernus - s/t digipak rare evoken my dying bride agalloch anathema USD $10.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Eterne 2cd lot opeth novembers doom my dying bride beyond dawn USD $10.57 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - a map of all our failures CD/DVD digibook rare evoken messa USD $14.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Ablaze in Hatred - deceptive awareness my dying bride evoken thergothon USD $5.81 Buy It Now 3 days
My Shameful - descend A5 digi evoken my dying bride neurosis swallow the sun USD $12.19 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - The Light at the End of the World digipak anathema evoken USD $6.50 Buy It Now 3 days
TERRORIZER #27 SLAYER MY DYING BRIDE KONKHRA MISFITS ENTHRONED MISANTHROPE USD $6.76 Buy It Now 3 days
TERRORIZER #35 KORN MY DYING BRIDE STUCK MOJO CROWBAR KATATONIA FACE DOWN VADER USD $6.76 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $17.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Mindrot Orginal Rare '95 Promo Poster Slayer Anathema My Dying Bride Morgion USD $19.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE Introducing My Dying Bride DOUBLE CD European Recall 2012 12 USD $6.75 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans CD UK Peaceville 1993 7 Track (Vile39Cd) USD $26.23 Buy It Now 3 days
DOMINION interface JAPAN CD PCCY-01033 W/OBI 1996 My Dying Bride USD $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE For Lies I Sire CD USD $6.66 Buy It Now 3 days
TERRORIZER #20 MORBID ANGEL TROUBLE DEICIDE DEMONIAC ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE USD $6.76 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Light at the End of the World (1999) USD $6.07 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride ?- Feel The Misery SEALED DIGIPACK! RARE! FREE SHIPPING USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED USD $40.00 [0 bids]
USD $55.00 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride - Like Gods of the Sun [New CD] Bonus Tracks, Digipack Packaging USD $10.05 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods of the Sun [New CD] Bonus Tracks, Digipack Packaging USD $10.77 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $5.52 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride / Trinity JAPAN PCCY-00930 Rare OOP!!!!!! *G USD $56.99 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium 12" Vinyl New SEALED USD $13.51 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride-34.788% Complete (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.37 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE The Angel And Dark River PCCY-00931 CD JAPAN 1996 OBI USD $109.04 Buy It Now 4 days
AMORPHIS-TALES FROM THE THOUSAND LAKES 1994 DARK TRANQUILITY MY DYING BRIDE USD $7.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride An Ode To Woe CD & DVD (2008 Peaceville Import) USD $4.40 Buy It Now 4 days
The Dreadful Hours [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD, Oct-2001, Peaceville... USD $9.87 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE - SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $24.22 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE original limited 500 Vinyl 2LP Turn Loose The Swans (1993) USD $169.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE original Vinyl LP As The Flower Withers (1992) USD $89.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE original Vinyl LP The Angel And The Dark River (1995) USD $99.99 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light [New CD] USD $11.35 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light [New CD] USD $10.75 Buy It Now 4 days
LAKE OF TEARS Greater Art CD my dying bride opeth swallow the sun agalloch ahab USD $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk III (NEW 3CD) USD $20.28 Buy It Now 4 days
A DREAM OF POE 2016 A Waltz For Apophenia CD Gothic Doom Death My Dying Bride USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER (2LP 180 GR.GATEFOLD) 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $29.78 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! A FOREST OF STARS - The Corpse Of Rebirth DIGI CD | LP MY DYING BRIDE NEGURA USD $9.00 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! MY DYING BRIDE - An Ode to Woe DOUBLE DIGI | LP TIAMAT MOONSPELL SATYRICON USD $14.00 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! MY DYING BRIDE - Meisterwerk 1 & 2 CD DIGI | LP ANATHEMA TIAMAT GOREFEST USD $14.00 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! MY DYING BRIDE - Anti-Diluvian Chronicles 3 CD BOX | LP TIAMAT ANATHEMA USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! MOONSPELL Memorial Double CD DIGIPACK | LP ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE TIAMAT USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! INFERNO FESTIVAL - 6 PROGRAMS - CD LP MY DYING BRIDE BEHEMOTH SLAGMAUR DEATH USD $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! 6 CDs MY DYING BRIDE LOT !!! | LP PARADISE LOST TIAMAT ANATHEMA OPETH DEATH USD $45.00 Buy It Now 4 days
!!! MY DYING BRIDE - Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light DIGIPACK | LP ANATHEMA USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
VALLENFYRE- Splinters [NEW & SEALED] Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride USD $13.53 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Introducing My Dying Bride (2 x CD) New & Sealed USD $4.72 Buy It Now 4 days
(METAL CD) MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK I (SEALED DIGIPACK) USD $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 / I (2004) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $9.15 Buy It Now 4 days
AUTUMNAL - GREY UNIVERSE 2004 1PR NEAR MINT! ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE KATATONIA USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans JAPAN CD MINT Obi Peaceville ?- PCCY-00929 USD $74.41 Buy It Now 5 days
My Dying Bride-Songs of Darkness. Words of Light CD NEW USD $13.09 Buy It Now 5 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE VAULTED SHADOWS NEW CD USD $12.94 Buy It Now 5 days
NOVEMBERS DOOM 2 CD LOT Shape Of Despair My Dying Bride Opeth Katatonia Evoken USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
MY DYING BRIDE The Manuscript 2013 UK 4-track vinyl 12" SEALED USD $16.23 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the tepid reception of Like Gods Of The Sun, MDB changed the grunge oriented sound of that album to a more experimental direction. 34.788 %...Complete is an industrial and Goth-tinged alternative metal album where MDB tried to catch up with the genre defying music that The Gathering and Tiamat had released in the preceding years. It was very much a hit and miss again. 34.788 %...Complete has the potential of a good album but suffers from a number of shortcomings.

This becomes evident right from the start. The Whore, The Cook and The Mother has nice quiet atmospherics and great heavy Goth symphonic metal parts. But the problem is Aaron's vocal capabilities, or lack thereof. This is the third MDB album in a row where he only uses his singing voice, be it with a bit distortion on some tracks. His clean vocals are inexpressive and dreary, and since he can't convey any dynamics through them, the sinister power of his gruff vocals are surely missed.

A second problem is that each of the tracks is a least 3 minutes too long. There are simply not enough ideas or development in the music to keep them going for more then 5 minutes. Songs like Herion Chic and Apocalypse Woman would have been excellent had they been reduced to appropriate lengths. Now they're merely average. Only Under Your Wings manages to find the balance between length and substance.

Not the best MDB, but probably not as bad as advertised. 2.5 stars

Review by UMUR
4 stars 34.788%... Complete is the 5th full-length studio album by British doom metal act My Dying Bride. The album was released in October 1998 through Peaceville Records. There have been a few lineup changes since Like Gods of the Sun (1996) as drummer Rick Miah had been forced to leave the band because of health issues and violin/ keyboard player Martin Powell left because of musical differences. Apparently Martin Powell had stopped showing up at rehearsals and at some point resigned. The latter is replaced here by session keyboard player Jonny Maudling while the former ( Rick Miah) is replaced by Bill Law.

The music style on 34.788%... Complete is in many ways very different from the band┬┤s earlier output, but at the end of the day still sounds unmistakably like My Dying Bride. One of the main reasons for the different sound is of course the lack of violin on the album. The violin parts had become one of the trademarks of the band┬┤s sound and had been a dominant part of every album release up until 34.788%... Complete. Instead My Dying Bride opted to incorporate a lot more keyboards on this album compared to the earlier releases. Lead vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe had left the death metal growls behind a couple of albums ago and on this album he also exclusively sings using his clean voice. There┬┤s an experimental aura surrounding this album, and you┬┤ll find some of the most adventurous and ( dare I say) progressive ideas ever recorded by My Dying Bride on 34.788%... Complete. The track Heroin Chic is probably the most obvious example of a track that sounds very different from earlier material. There┬┤s an electronic edge to the song, and reciting type vocals in the vein of Nick Cave. The lyrics are also unusually brutal and vulgar with the use of multible swear words. Pretty far from the more usual romantic albeit depressive lyric style. Most songs feature unusual experiments though, so it┬┤s not exclusively Heroin Chic that┬┤s different. One of my favorite moments on the album is the atmospheric section in the opening track The Whore, the Cook and the Mother, which features only clean guitar, keyboards and samples. That section really moves me, like very little music possess the power to do.

The production is professional and powerful, suiting the music perfectly.

34.788%... Complete is probably the most unconventional album yet released by My Dying Bride, and there are very different opinions about the album among fans and critics alike. I┬┤m one of those that really appreciate that the band had the guts to do something a bit different and I think they fully succeeded in their quest. 34.788%... Complete is among my favorites by My Dying Bride and I┬┤d say a 4 - 4.5 star rating is deserved.

Review by Warthur
2 stars Ew, guys, no, come on. 34.788%...Complete finds My Dying Bride radically experimenting with their sound, and whilst I can respect them for not simply settling into the mode established by The Angel and the Dark River and Like Gods of the Sun, it seems to me like they would have been better off saving these rough experiments for demos and practice sessions, and wait until their experiments had come up with some really solid results before recording an album.

The basic problem of the release is that it's trying to combine a more accessible and commercial sound with a deeply inaccessible compositional approach, with the band pivoting towards gothy-industrial rock in a sort of Marilyn Manson or Stabbing Westward vein in terms of their musical style but still basing their approach around long compositions. Unfortunately, unlike their superior doom and death-doom releases of the past, that length doesn't quite work this time around - more or less all the compositions end up somewhat flabby and could do with being extensively trimmed back. The overall impression is that the band really didn't seem to have much of a firm plan for this one and ended up meandering in all sorts of different directions which don't come together to form a pleasing whole.

2 stars My Dying Bride lost the plot in a major way on this album. Following Paradise Lost's way to oblivion, My Dying Bride came up with an album full of goth rock and triphop, electronica and plain rock. Gone was the mournful doom metal My Dying Bride had made their trademark. Well, most of it, an ... (read more)

Report this review (#297622) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, September 6, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "34.788%...Complete"