THE FOLLOWING MORNING

Eberhard Weber

Eberhard Weber The Following Morning album cover

Buy EBERHARD WEBER Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. T. On A White Horse (10:52)
2. Moana I (10:10)
3. The Following Morning (12:04)
4. Moana II (7:42)

With:
- Rainer Brüninghaus / piano
- Philharmonic Orchestra, Oslo / French horn, oboe, cello

Artwork: Maja Weber

LP ECM Records - ECM 1084 (1977, Germany)

CD ECM Records - ECM 1084 (1986, Germany)

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

EBERHARD WEBER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EBERHARD WEBER The Following Morning Music

Following MorningFollowing Morning
Ecm Import 2008
The Following Morning by Eberhard Weber (2008-11-18)The Following Morning by Eberhard Weber (2008-11-18)
ECM

More places to buy EBERHARD WEBER music online Buy EBERHARD WEBER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

EBERHARD WEBER The Following Morning ratings distribution

EBERHARD WEBER The Following Morning reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock / Fusion / Canterbury Team
5 stars The arrival of this music--including Side One, a "perfect" side (an all-too-rare feat)--caused a profound awakening, such a dramatic transformation in my listening adventures and tastes, that I will forever be indebted to Eberhard and Rainer. Side Two is, unfortunately, far below the level of breathtaking beauty and much more experimental with 'soundscapes' than Side Two. Otherwise, this would be one of my favorite albums of all-time.

Wait a minute! It still is! I just turn it off after "Moana I"!

NO DRUMS! What a joy! What a revelation: that music doesn't have to have a 'beat'--or that it doesn't have to be provided by a standard drum kit. Hail to Brian Eno for turning off the drums! Hail Peter Gabriel and his WOMAD! Hail to Bill Bruford and his Simmons electronic drum kit! Hail to Zakir Hussein and his non-Western percussion! Hail to Mickey Hart and his ethnic musicology! Hail to Glen Velez and his hand drums!

If you want a trip to some of the most beautiful, peaceful inner mindscapes you could ever imagine, program "T. on a White Horse" and "Moana I" to play and repeat, over and over and over. I call this blissful place heaven!

I'm really having trouble giving this album less than five stars, for it is such an unusual music listening experience. Yet, the third and fourth songs, as mentioned, are far less appealing and engaging than the transportive first two. "T. on a White Horse" and "Moana I" are, IMHO, an essential experience of the mastery of truly 'progressive' music. This will be one of those rare times when the pieces of an album will earn the album a high rating despite the true 'adjusted rating' of the whole.

Review by Warthur
4 stars I'm not quite blown away by this one as I was by The Colours of Chloe, I think because by now Eberhard Weber had moved more away from the fusion-ish elements of that album into a more ECM chamber jazz style of almost ambient jazz. But that said, this whole ambient jazz thing works really remarkably well. Weber's double bass sonorously creates an aura of peace around itself which the other performers support with delicate, restrained performances. Not one to put on when you are in the mood for furious excitement, but if you want something a bit more meditative it could well hit the spot nicely.

Post a review of EBERHARD WEBER "The Following Morning"