AND THE DANCE BEGINS AGAIN

Pax Romana

Pax Romana And The Dance Begins Again album cover

Buy PAX ROMANA Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. And the Dance Begins Again (5:00)
2. Nobody Never Knows Nothing (3:42)
3. No-Show (4:56)
4. Waves (5:17)
5. I'm In A Train (4:49)
6. Flutter (7:35)
7. Maria (4:57)
8. High Tide (5:10)
9. A Christmas Carol From Flanders (5:25)

Search PAX ROMANA And The Dance Begins Again lyrics

Search PAX ROMANA And The Dance Begins Again tabs

Jouko Höytämö / drums
Ilpo Komulainen / bass
Jukka Höytämö / guitars
Matti Kervinen / keyboards and vocals
Matti Inkinen / guitars and vocals
Kalle Fält / soprano saxofone on "Maria"
Maria Hänninen / violin and backing vocals on "And The Dance Begins Again"
Samu Wuori / Slide guitar on "I'm In A Train"
Jari Loisa / Fretless bass on "No-show" and "A Christmas Carol From Flanders", Backing vocals on "I'm In A Train", "Christmas Carol From Flanders" and "No-Show"
Tiina Laine / Backing vocals on "Flutter"
Sami Sarhamaa / Slide guitar on "High Tide" and Additional instruments and backing vocals here and there

Presence Records (PRECD 017) 2009

Thanks to inkinma1 for the addition

PAX ROMANA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAX ROMANA And The Dance Begins Again Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Let All Men Know - This Is Sacred GroundLet All Men Know - This Is Sacred Ground
Presence Records
And The Dance Begins AgaiAnd The Dance Begins Agai
JFK 2009
Trace Of LightTrace Of Light
JFK 2009

More places to buy PAX ROMANA music online Buy PAX ROMANA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

PAX ROMANA And The Dance Begins Again ratings distribution

PAX ROMANA And The Dance Begins Again reviews

Review by Matti
4 stars Sad to see I'm still the only one to review this band... I hope that at least my countrymen (Finnish) would find PAX ROMANA which apparently don't make much fuzz about them. Without library even I probably wouldn't know this band at all.

My review of their debut two years ago would actually fit quite well to this follower too. Again, the two Matti's share the vocal duties and leave also plenty of music unsung, which is good. Not that they are bad singers (well, maybe not very great either) but in the instrumental sections they can better show what they are able to do. The melodic, atmospheric music can be compared to Gilmour's PINK FLOYD (as I said before) and some Neo-Prog bands such as PENDRAGON. Feelings are often sort of dark or melancholic, but I'm glad to say the music doesn't get heavy or anything like that. In fact, even I almost wish they would have taken more risks and set the music soaring higher in the true Neo-Prog style. Anyway, the material is strong and pleasant all the way except for one bad egg in the basket: 'I'm In a Train' is terribly lousy rhythm'n'bluesy song that keeps repeating the stupid chorus. I wonder why they chose to include it. But it's just one song, not a big deal!

Their both albums clearly get better with further listenings. At this point it's hard to say which one will remain as the better album. It could be this one really. Though there aren't any such tracks that would immediately grab the listener, you can just lie down and let your senses flow with the music. The same in reverse: as a haphazard background listening this is not an album to make much impression. But I'm sure we all prefer the first option, right?

Review by progrules
3 stars I'm puzzled about this album. The reason is whether this is prog or not. Somehow it's a strange mix of pop, country and prog. And country music from Finland ? Hmmm, that's a surprise. Well, ok, it's not downright country style but somehow it comes close with tracks like High Tide and I'm in a Train. The pop comes with songs like Nobody never knows nothing and No-Show (beautiful ballad by the way). The prog aspect is mainly to be found in the longest song called Flutter, by far the best track of the album.

If they had done all their songs in the style and quality of Flutter I would have considered a four star rating but the rest will hardly appeal to most progfans. At best to those who like crossover and prog related just as much as the real prog. As it is I can't award this release with four stars and will have to settle for three. But at least it's a bit better (3,25). A typical case of good but non- essential.

PS Special mentions for the violin, always nice and interesting to hear this instrument and the sax on Maria (Kalle Fält) which resembles TFK's Ulf Wallander (guest on Unfold the Future) big time !

Post a review of PAX ROMANA "And The Dance Begins Again"