Кров у наших криницях (BLOOD IN OUR WELLS)

Drudkh

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Drudkh Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells) album cover

Buy DRUDKH Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Навь (Nav') (2:25)
2. Борозни богів (Furrows of Gods) (8:57)
3. Коли пломінь перетворюється на попіл (When the Flame Turns to Ashes) (10:37)
4. Самітність (Solitude) (12:24)
5. Вічність (Eternity) (10:38)
6. Українська повстанська армія (Ukrainian Insurgent Army) (5:02)

Total time 50:04

- Roman Saenko / guitars, bass
- Thurios / vocals, keyboards
- Amorth / drums, keyboards

CD Supernal Music FERLY037CD (March 23, 2006)

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy DRUDKH Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
?? ????? ??????? ????? (They Often See Dreams About the Spring)?? ????? ??????? ????? (They Often See Dreams About the Spring)
Season of Mist 2018
$8.80
Handful of StarsHandful of Stars
Limited Edition
$7.81

nargaroth - rasluka part I and II vinyl. Nokturnal mortum ungfell drudkh fen USD $17.99 [0 bids]
USD $23.99 Buy It Now
IUVENES triumph of the will,NO COLOURS,Inquisition,Drudkh,Graveland,The Chasm USD $11.99 [1 bids]
IUVENES blood,steel and temper NO COLOURS,Inquisition,Drudkh,Graveland,The Chasm USD $9.99 [0 bids]
KLADOVEST atmosphere ORIG 2011 NO COLOURS REC-drudkh,nokturnal mortum,nargaroth USD $14.99 [0 bids]
BUTTERFLY TEMPLE earth ORIG 2010 DIGIBOOK METALISM-drudkh,alcest,nargaroth,fen USD $14.99 [0 bids]
KLADOVEST kladovest ORIG 2008 DIGI KUNSTHAUCH-drudkh,nokturnal mortum,nargaroth USD $14.99 [0 bids]
IUVENES triumph of the will,NO COLOURS,Inquisition,Drudkh,Graveland,The Chasm USD $14.99 [0 bids]
CRUACHAN tuatha na gael ORIG 1995 NAZGUL'S EYRIE PROD.-alcest,agalloch,drudkh USD $14.99 [0 bids]
BUTTERFLY TEMPLE dreams of the northern sea ORIG 2002 IROND LTD-drudkh,alcest USD $5.99 [0 bids]
BUTTERFLY TEMPLE wheel of chernobog ORIG 2001 IROND LTD-drudkh,alcest,nargaroth USD $5.99 [0 bids]
BUTTERFLY TEMPLE times of mara ORIG 2008 IROND/SLEASZY-drudkh,alcest,nargaroth USD $5.99 [0 bids]
1BURZUM - Aske --- Backpatch Back Patch / Drudkh Judas Iscariot Sterbend Strid USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 17m
IMPERIUM DEKADENZ-DIS MANIBVS-CD-black-metal-drudkh-agalloch-winterfylleth USD $12.59 Buy It Now 15h 35m
Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel CD 2012 black metal Ukraine digipack USD $11.95 Buy It Now 18h 48m
Drudkh: The Swan Road CD 2010 Season Of Mist Underground Activists SUA 012 NEW USD $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Drudkh - Microcosmos (CD Used Like New) USD $10.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Drudkh - Estrangement (CD Used Like New) USD $10.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ILDJARN-FOREST POETRY-CD-RE-ISSUE-black-metal-ambient-nachtmystium-drudkh-haat USD $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Drudkh - They Often See Dreams about the Spring LP #117761 USD $26.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Drudkh - They Often See Dreams about the Spring MC #115642 USD $16.63 Buy It Now 1 day
DRUDKH - A FURROW CUT SHORT NEW CD USD $13.09 Buy It Now 1 day
DRUDKH - They Often See Dreams About The Spring - Vinyl (LP) USD $32.83 Buy It Now 1 day
RADIGOST - NOCTURNE 2002 REISSUE NEW! ABSENT SILENCE SUMMONING AGALLOCH DRUDKH USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DRUDKH - EASTERN FRONTIER IN FLAMES USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Drudkh-Songs Of Grief And Solitude CD NEW USD $15.33 Buy It Now 1 day
DRUDKH The Swan Road CASSETTE USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KHORS - Following The Years Of Blood Live DVD 2016 - MINT Black Drudkh Eclectic USD $7.30 [0 bids]
KHORS - Winter Stronghold DVD '11 - MINT Black Nokturnal Mortum Drudkh USD $6.64 [0 bids]
DRUDKH Handful Of Stars CD SUA016 USD $7.89 Buy It Now 2 days
DRUDKH - MICROCOSMOS USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.33 Buy It Now 2 days
DRUDKH - HANDFUL OF STARS USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $10.42 Buy It Now 2 days
DRUDKH - ETERNAL TURN OF THE WHEEL * USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $10.67 Buy It Now 2 days
SKOGYR 2007 Rainchants CD Melancholic Black Metal Drudkh Zgard Raventale USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Drudkh / Paysage D'Hiver 'Somewhere Sadness Wanders' 180g Clear Vinyl - NEW USD $26.53 Buy It Now 2 days
Drudkh / Paysage D'Hiver 'Somewhere Sadness Wanders' 180g Clear Vinyl - NEW USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HATE FOREST Nietzscheism ORG CD 1st Press 2005 Drudkh Nokturnal Mortum Agalloch USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DRUDKH - THEY OFTEN SEE DREAMS ABOUT THE SPRING (BLACK LP) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $41.80 Buy It Now 3 days
New They Often See Dreams About The Spring - Drudkh - Heavy Metal Music CD USD $16.90 Buy It Now 3 days
DRUDKH-????????? ???? (The Swan Road)-DIGI-kladovest-black metal USD $11.69 Buy It Now 3 days
SVARROGH - LADY VITOSHA 2004 1PR NEW! DORNENREICH DRUDKH ORK DIMHOLT INVIDIA USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh-Handful Of Stars CD NEW USD $15.33 Buy It Now 3 days
PRECAMBRIAN "Proarkhe" 7" drudkh hate forest USD $9.29 Buy It Now 3 days
LOITS "Ei Kahetse..." LP 500X drudkh negura bunget USD $20.57 Buy It Now 3 days
PRECAMBRIAN "Aeon" 7" drudkh hate forest USD $9.29 Buy It Now 3 days
DRUDKH-THEY OFTEN SEE DREAMS ABOUT ABOUT THE SPRING-JAPAN CD F04 USD $24.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Hades Almighty / Drudkh - Pyre Era, Black! / One Who Talks With The Fog (NEW CD) USD $18.23 Buy It Now 3 days
DRUDKH-THEY OFTEN SEE DREAMS ABOUT ABOUT THE SPRING-JAPAN 2 CD Ltd/Ed G35 USD $29.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh: Eternal Turn Of The Wheel CD 2012 Season Of Mist Records SUA 024 NEW USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh "A Furrow Cut Short" 2x12" Black Vinyl - NEW USD $33.16 Buy It Now 3 days
Panphage - Jord [NEW & SEALED] Drudkh, Winterfylleth USD $26.54 Buy It Now 3 days
Drudkh: Songs Of Grief And Solitude CD 2010 Reissue Season Of Mist SUA 014 NEW USD $11.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THRONDT - THRONDT 2005 1PR NEW! ULFSDALIR IDHAFELS B*RZUM DRUDKH FORGOTTEN WOODS USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Drudkh - A Furrow Cut Short CD 2015 digi black metal Ukraine Season of Mist USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
HADES ALMIGHTY / DRUDKH-PYRE ERA, BLACK / ONE WHO TALKS WITH THE FOG ( VINYL NEW USD $34.56 Buy It Now 4 days
VIETAH-TAJEMSTVY NOCZY-CD-atmospheric-black-metal-balrog-drudkh-old moon USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
VIETAH-CZORNAJA CVIL-CD-atmospheric-black-metal-balrog-drudkh-old moon USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
VIETAH-ZORNY MAROZ-CD-atmospheric-black-metal-drudkh-agalloch-walknut-ygg USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
VIETAH-Smalisty zah-CD-atmospheric-black-metal-drudkh-agalloch-walknut-ygg USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Drudkh-Eternal Turn Of The Wheel (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $15.41 Buy It Now 4 days
Panphage - Jord [NEW & SEALED] Drudkh, Winterfylleth USD $17.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Drudkh / Paysage D'Hiver ?- Somewhere Sadness Wanders / Schnee IV LP WHITE Vinyl USD $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ZGARD 2013 Astral Glow CD Atmospheric Black Metal Drudkh Nokturnal Mortum Pagan USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Lutomysl - I' Quintessence CD Drudkh USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
PRIMORDIAL To the Nameless Dead CD 2007 BATHORY MAEL MORDHA MOONSORROW DRUDKH USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh - Habdful of Stars [New CD] Ltd Ed, Reissue, Digipack Packaging USD $13.11 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh: Eastern Frontier In Flames CD 2014 Season Of Mist SUA 054 Digipak NEW USD $14.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh - Habdful of Stars [New CD] Ltd Ed, Reissue, Digipack Packaging USD $12.48 Buy It Now 5 days
DARK AGES A Chronicle Of The Plague HATE FOREST DRUDKH USD $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days
LUTOMYSL De Profundis DRUDKH NOKTURNAL MORTUM ASTROFAES USD $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DRUDKH - MICROCOSMOS NEW CD USD $11.09 Buy It Now 5 days
DRUDKH - HANDFUL OF STARS NEW CD USD $13.10 Buy It Now 5 days
DRUDKH/HADES ALMIGHTY - PYRE ERA, BLACK!/ONE WHO TALKS WITH THE FOG [DIGIPAK] NE USD $16.13 Buy It Now 5 days
DRUDKH/HADES ALMIGHTY - PYRE ERA, BLACK!/ONE WHO TALKS WITH THE FOG [DIGIPAK] US USD $11.76 Buy It Now 5 days
DRUDKH - ETERNAL TURN OF THE WHEEL * NEW CD USD $11.68 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh - Eastern Frontier in Flames CD 2014 digi Anti-Urban Slavonic Chronicles USD $12.95 Buy It Now 5 days
DRUDKH - EASTERN FRONTIER IN FLAMES NEW CD USD $12.19 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh - Estrangement [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $12.39 Buy It Now 5 days
NOKTURNAL MORTUM ????????????? / Weltanschauung Digibook 2x CD Graveland Drudkh USD $22.99 Buy It Now 5 days
NOKTURNAL MORTUM To the Gates Of Blasphemous Fire DigibookCD Graveland Drudkh USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
NOKTURNAL MORTUM The Taste of Victory re-mastered DigibookCD Graveland Drudkh USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh - Handful Of Stars (CD Used Like New) USD $11.11 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh - Eternal Turn Of The Wheel (NEW CD) USD $12.93 Buy It Now 5 days
Drudkh Furrow Cut Short USD $19.81 Buy It Now 6 days
Drudkh ? ? ? ? (They Often See Dreams About the Spring) USD $19.81 Buy It Now 6 days
DRUDKH A Furrow Cut Short CD DIGIPAK SUA059D USD $9.66 Buy It Now 6 days
DARK AGES "Rabble, Whores, Usurers" CD DRUDKH PROJECT HATE FOREST BLOOD OF KINGU USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KHORS Night Falls Onto the Fronts Of Ours NEW BLACK LP Nokturnal Mortum Drudkh USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
GRAVELAND Dawn Of Iron Blades ORG LP LTD 2004 NC088 Moonblood Falkenbach Drudkh USD $33.33 Buy It Now 6 days
NOKTURNAL MORTUM voice of steel 2xLP ORANGE drudkh black metal finntroll watain USD $200.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Vyrju - Black MCD DIGIPACK Black Doom metal DSBM Gjenferdsel Austere Drudkh USD $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DRUDKH They Often See Dreams About The Spring JAPAN 2CD Hate Forest Ukraine Blac USD $31.50 Buy It Now 6 days
DRUDKH - Handful of Stars USD $11.25 Buy It Now 6 days
DRUDKH/HADES ALMIGHTY - PYRE ERA, BLACK!/ONE WHO TALKS WITH THE FOG [EP] USED - USD $23.06 Buy It Now 6 days
Drudkh-Autumn Aurora CD NEW USD $15.33 Buy It Now 6 days
DARK AGES twilight of europe LP NEW hate forest drudkh blood of kingu kladovest USD $25.99 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMPFAR fra underverdenen COLOR LP NEW #/500 taake drudkh marduk ulver einherjer USD $35.99 Buy It Now 7 days
OCTOBER FALLS streams of the end LP NEW deathspell omega horna drudkh mgla USD $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ASTROFAES "Dying Emotions Domain" NOKTURNAL MORTUM KHORS HATE FOREST DRUDKH USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DIADEMA TRISTIS - WAYS OF RELIEF 2005 1PR NEW! DRUDKH UARAL KRODA SAOR AGALLOCH USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Drudkh - Eastern Frontier In Flames (NEW CD) USD $12.93 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy DRUDKH music online Buy DRUDKH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

DRUDKH Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells) ratings distribution

DRUDKH Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells) reviews

Review by EatThatPhonebook
4 stars We arrive at the album that consider Drudkh's masterpiece, "Blood In Our Wells". I have to disagree; it isn't as good as "Autumn Aurora", but it gets pretty close. In fact, this is in my opinion the second best Drudkh album, better than the debut "Forgotten Legends" or the difficult "The Swan Road".

While with their previous album it seemed like they lost much of their progressive style, "Blood In Our Wells" is the most progressive work they have done so far: many keyboards, slow and dreamy instants, many time changes. The songs are almost all long, clocking around ten minutes, all of them with very complex, multi part structures. Indeed, this is a progressive album. Once again the lyrics are full of accentuated patriotism and love for Ukraine. The title itself "Blood In Our Wells" comes from an old, Hungarian poem of the same title.

Dark, intriguing like no other Drudkh album, the band here brings to the songs a little more simplicity in the melodies, making it at times a little predictable, but at the same much more accessible to the public. This is probably why many worship this album. This does not mean that the songs aren't able to give those emotions that every Drudkh fan has knowledge of; The different parts of the songs, other than connecting brilliantly, have all an obscure and cryptic feeling that no other album of the band was able to conceive, probably also thanks to the cleaner sound of the guitars, that make it even more effective. The calm parts though aren't always as good as you would think they would be, in fact these are the parts where the music gets pretty often predictable.

Generally speaking, the atmosphere is muh more alarmed and energetic than the previous Drudkh albums; I think it's because the band in this album, thematically speaking, got a lot more close to the human element, abandoning the evocative, wild nature auras. Just look at the cover of the album; for the first time we see the presence of man, in an extremely grim circumstance. Maybe with "Blood In Our Wells" the band got more sensitive with the generic problems, fears, and hopes of man, even though inserted in a very dark context.

"Furrows Of Gods" has the darkest and most mysterious melody, "When The Flames Turn Into Ashes" the most complex. These two, with the intro, are my favorite pieces. "Solitude" get's boring and it's a little too long, "Eternity" is a little unusual, but it definitely works more than "Solitude". "Ukrainian Insurgent Army" never really worked for me, except for some parts.

"Blood In Our Wells", despite all the things I said against it, is an album I really, really like, and it an excellent addiction to whoever loves this kind of music, or whoever hates humanity.

Review by Conor Fynes
5 stars 'Blood in Our Wells' - Drudkh (86/100)

Drudkh are a band of mixed messages. In the light of certain 'accusations', they've outwardly declared themselves to be apolitical in nature, that their music is primarily intended as a reverence of nature. That may have been true for Forgotten Legends and Autumn Aurora, but by the time of Blood in Our Wells, it's clear that that statement was forged to some degree of bull[&*!#]. The album's cover (drawn from the work of 19th century painter Vasily Perov) Romanticizes an extremely traditional way of life. The lyrics are taken from the work of Ukrainian poets. Even titling a song "Ukrainian Insurgent Army" doesn't give a lot of space to argue that Drudkh have their hearts purely set on admiring trees.

Most telling of all, however, is Drudkh's dedication of this album to the memory of Stepan Bandera, the Ukrainian nationalist fixed on claiming the Ukraine's independence throughout the Second World War. I've no doubt Drudkh have shirked away from directly discussing their politik either as a way to keep their label happy, or as a way to prevent needless hassle. And why would they want to entreat that nuisance anyway? Any talk of nationalism sparks the ire of a braindead Left, with misguided hearts set on quelling all regional, ethnic or otherwise exclusivist pride in the name of justice and tolerance. Any fan of Blood in Our Wells who somehow holds Drudkh's nationalism begrudgingly against them is probably missing the point. They're certainly capable of creating masterpieces purely inspired by nature-- Autumn Aurora is living proof of that fact. But there's something else working on Blood in Our Wells, a tragic quality you could never feel from nature-worship alone. Much as the case was for Varg Vikernes' work in Burzum, the fact that Drudkh are so passionate about their ideology is a good part of the reason why the atmosphere on Blood in Our Wells is so rich and penetrating. They're extremely proud, sad, and angry on this album, and every minute of music here serves as testament to that fact.

When all is said, I think I'll always prefer the pristine atavism of Autumn Aurora over all else in Drudkh's discography. Blood in OUr Wells is up there however, and I don't think I'd have liked it half as much if it had continued trying to repeat the band's early glory. The unveiling of their Ukrainian pride was hinted at on The Swan Road, but it wasn't manifested full-force until this album. Here, native Ukrainian folk instrumentation is largely used between the cracks of the album's long (10~ minute) compositions. While black metal by itself isn't usually tied to a specific region, folk music often is, and the inclusion gives their black metal mainstay a greater weight as a result. With Autumn Aurora, Drudkh created a pastoral atmosphere that could be related to by anyone who felt at one with nature by themselves at some point in their life. Blood in Our Wells is far more specific to their personal identity and circumstance, and that gives it an even deeper emotional resonance.

Most all of Drudkh's ideas are good or great. That could be said in relation to any of their works. Where the superb is distinguished from the fair and middling is the way they structure those ideas. Like many in atmospheric black metal, Drudkh love to use repetition in their compositions. On Autumn Aurora, they struck a minimalist's perfection, giving each idea the time it needed to thrive. When one of their albums, like Forgotten Legends is less impressive, it's usually because they've stretched an idea out too long. Well, I can say with certainty that Blood in Our Wells has many of Drudkh's finest ingredients, with some of them (such as the gorgeous closing minutes of "When the Flame Turns to Ashes") even surpassing anything on Autumn Aurora.

Some songs, like "Furrows of Gods", are immaculately penned and structured. Despite the brilliant earthly atmosphere throughout the album, I do think some of the motifs towards the latter half of the album overstay their welcome, if only a bit. Blood in Our Wells is fifty minutes long, and it does sound like it might have fared better with a few minutes shaved off that tally. Because the album generally lurks around a driving mid-pace, I usually find myself wanting a change of speed around "Solitude" or "Eternity". I've recently come to love Blood in Our Wells , and know now that I didn't give it near as much credit as I should have when I first heard it years ago, but I'm left with the consistent impression that either or both of those tracks could have used a little trimming around the edges.

Drudkh may withhold themselves from making any explicit statements, but there's a very specific kind of melancholy at work here. The folk accompaniment and pastoral imagery carries an anger that could only be fuelled by some external anger. Even if I don't see Blood in Our Wells as the band's best, I have no problem with the fact that it's seen as the band's canonical masterpiece. What they began to work with on The Swan Road, they almost perfected with this one. Some of the melodies on this album will haunt me forever.

5 stars If Autumn Aurora was where Drudkh developed their signature sound, Blood in Our Wells is the point at which they progged the hell out. Of the five actual songs on this album, four top the nine-minute mark with ease. All of them are comprised of multiple interlocking sections and most of them feature ... (read more)

Report this review (#1313069) | Posted by CassandraLeo | Thursday, November 20, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The fifth album by these masters of epic black metal. Hidden behind one of the better cover art-work I have ever seen on a black metal album, this band from Ukraine still walks down the path laid down on the previous albums. That means a healthy dosage of the Bathory and the Enslaved sound (b ... (read more)

Report this review (#326553) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, November 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DRUDKH "Кров у наших криницях (Blood in Our Wells)"