LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$15.00 (used)
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
Vinyl$199.90
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)

Light My Fire [7/28] by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $10.67 Buy It Now 6h 45m
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
THE DOORS New Sealed Ltd 2017 50th ANNIVERSARY LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL RECORD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 32m
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $3.93 Buy It Now 14h 19m
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $5.61 Buy It Now 14h 19m
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $16.85 Buy It Now 14h 19m
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 on rare BLUE Elektra label USD $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 41m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.55 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.55 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.55 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.55 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $41.68 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through/The End+ USD $6.60 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS Light My Fire USSR Pressing Rare LP STEREO USD $2.99 [0 bids]
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 7" vinyl single record UK R7560944 USD $23.73 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS **Light My Fire** CD Single - Elektra **OOP/RARE** USD $22.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors The-Light My Fire VINYL NEW USD $13.10 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS 45 - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Jim Morrison 1991 single vintage ad Light My Fire. Primal Scream. USD $5.28 [0 bids]
DOORS - 45 RPM (1967) "LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP" ELEKTRA EK-45615 (VG) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / 7INCH USD $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Light My Fire, Touch Me, Riders On The Storm USD $2.49 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $19.25 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $19.84 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire - 1st UK Elektra EKSN 45014-A - 1967 USD $3.96 [0 bids]
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Rare Pop Rock 45 - The Templeton Twins - Light My Fire - Doors Cover USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE HELLO I LOVE YOU RARE ISRAELI 7" EP HEBREW ELECTRA ROCK USD $120.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $15.12 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 3 days
.The Doors ?- Light My Fire 7559-64877-7 VG++ USD $3.96 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Light my Fire Gold 1st EKS 74007 1967 gold sleeve Vinyl Lp Record USD $19.98 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $66.08 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 50TH ANNIVERSARY Pic Sleeve SEALED 2017 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $16.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Jim Morrison / The Doors 'light My Fire' SiNging Teddy - Original Automata USD $39.69 [0 bids]
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Best of the Doors [2000] inc Light My Fire, Riders on the Storm USD $5.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors ?- Light my fire ?LP USD $8.90 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS- Very Best of/Greatest Hits 2-CD (1985 USA) Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $8.56 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $2.63 [0 bids]
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $92.59 Buy It Now 5 days
"JOHNNY MATHIS"- STEREO REEL PRE-RECORDED SOUL- SINGS THE DOORS- LIGHT MY FIRE USD $29.80 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 8 LP LOT LIGHT MY FIRE, L.A. WOMAN, SOFT PARADE, STRANGE DAYS USD $12.05 [4 bids]
DOORS love me two times / light my fire ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD 45 USD $5.49 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE - 7" VINYL 45 USD $2.63 [0 bids]
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 VG USD $5.50 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $79.36 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1968 Sweden USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $22.27 Buy It Now 6 days
1/6/91 Pgn54 Advert: The Doors light My Fire B/w People Are Strange 15x5 USD $9.92 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.25 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - NEW SEALED 7" 45 - 50th anniversary Japanese reprodu USD $4.99 [0 bids]
2 45's 1 Price, Doors, Light My Fire EKS 45051 / Touch Me ESK 45052, Elektra USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors "Light My Fire" 45 Mono (1967 radio play) & Stereo versions RSD 2010 MINT USD $9.10 [0 bids]
USD $19.10 Buy It Now
Jim Morrison/The Doors/Light My Fire A3 size typography art print/poster USD $16.54 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS: BEST OF Elektra 2CD set 19 trax inc.Light My Fire, Strange Days USD $9.25 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Greatest Hits CD 1996 "Light My Fire - LA Woman" & 10 More Hits! USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS~LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP 1967 ELEKTRA 2ND PRESS EK-4516 w/CO.SLV USD $3.08 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $29.33 Buy It Now 7 days
JOSE FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE ( doors) / QUE SERA old gold 9855 EX+........ 45rpm USD $8.60 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Vintage Doors*13*Elektra Records 1970 Light My Fire USD $12.97 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS - 5E-515 ELEKTRA - Light My Fire - People Are Strange USD $9.79 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS ~ Light My Fire ~ rare Canadian garage/psych ~ ELEKTRA USD $25.80 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.59 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE 1967 AUSSIE 7'' SINGLE - PSYCH USD $30.28 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS ... "LIGHT MY FIRE" ... DIGITALLY REMASTERED ... CD USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $13.08 Buy It Now 8 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.23 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 7" SINGLE + T- SHIRT LimitedEdition USD $35.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS - Light my fire unique cover Russia issue LP Melodiya USSR 1988 USD $19.20 Buy It Now 8 days
45 rpm/ The Doors/ Love Me Two Times/ Light My Fire USD $6.00 Buy It Now 8 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
SOUNDTRACK-THE DOORS- MUSIC CASSETTE 1991 an Oliver Stone Film - light my fire USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $17.43 Buy It Now 8 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Single Light My Fire The Doors St USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Alive, She Cried 1983 Elektra cassette VG+ "Gloria" "Light My Fire" USD $8.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/LOVE ME TWO TIMES USED 45RPM VINYL USD $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Light My Fire 12" VINYL LP Wall Clock USD $8.27 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS -light my fire/break on through LEBANESE PRESSING 7" single 45 rpm USD $99.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ERMA FRANKLIN "Light My Fire / Hold On" 45 (7", SOUL, BREAKS, CLASSIC, THE DOORS USD $39.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors/Light My Fire+ 1 (Japan 3" CD/SEALED) USD $135.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $16.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $36.99 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released on CD only on quite rare now 1991 promo. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"