LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
$24.98
Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times
Elektra Spun Gold
$18.00
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA

3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now
1st w/ ELEKTRA GIRL! The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Psych 45 CDN ELEKTRA USD $8.97 [0 bids]
USD $17.50 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record NEW + juke box strip USD $24.34 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Light My Fire Orig.1st Pressing 45 Elektra Record 1967 Good Cond. USD $10.00 [0 bids]
SEALED - THE DOORS __1st LP (Light My Fire) / Strange Days__ CD 60's ROCK NEW USD $13.94 Buy It Now
THE DOORS 45 RPM Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Elektra VG Original Label USD $4.98 [2 bids]
THE DOORS LOT OF 2 7" VINYL 45 rpm,LIGHT MY FIRE,LOVE ME 2 TIMES,MOONLIGHT DRIVE USD $18.99 Buy It Now 8m 18s
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE" 45 w/ PICTURE SLEEVE 1991 GERMANY USD $25.00 Buy It Now 9m 9s
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Like New) USD $13.76 Buy It Now 2h 12m
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1991 12" SINGLE EX - 1000'S MORE RECORDS FOR SALE LOOK!! USD $10.61 Buy It Now 8h 13m
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 22m
The Doors Jim Morrison 1991 single vintage ad Light My Fire. Primal Scream. USD $6.62 Buy It Now 12h 41m
The Doors - Light My Fire 7" vinyl rock 45rpm E-45051 USD $2.65 [0 bids]
13h
45 RECORD 7"- THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $7.50 Buy It Now 17h 2m
The Doors CD BackTrax Single Light My Fire Love Me Two Times SEALED Hits Series USD $24.95 Buy It Now 21h 8m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $14.72 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/PEOPLE ARE STRANGE PS 45 USD $2.39 [7 bids]
The Doors debut LP 1967 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Light My Fire-The Doors 45 RPM 1967 USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE edit. ELEKTRA RECORDS UK 7" VINYL SINGLE - JIM MORRISON USD $4.63 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - RARE COSTA RICA 45 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Elektra ?- EK-45615 Vinyl, 7", Single, 45 RPM, Promo, USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LP 13 EKS 74079 ROADHOUSE BLUES LIGHT MY FIRE TOUCH ME USD $5.55 [0 bids]
THE DOORS RARE ORIGINAL NEW ZEALAND ""LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $15.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire Love Me Two Times Cd Single Very Good!! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $66.22 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE JIM MORRISON LIMITED EDITION VINYL 2 LP USD $70.00 [0 bids]
DOORS: Riders On The Storm (Misspelled Raiders)-Light My Fire-Portugal 7" 72 PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS THE BEST OF THE DOORS GREATEST HITS CASSETTE WITH "LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $4.85 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS love me two times / light my fire JUKEBOX STRIP SPUN GOLD 45 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1967 THE DOORS Light My Fire/ Break On Through 4" SEALED Hip-Pocket 45 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire/Roadhouse Blues - SEALED 2017 Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $16.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $5.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.90 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors 30th Anniversary Collection DvD L A Woman Light-My Fire Riders USD $4.43 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $5.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $5.90 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7", DOORS,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO Pic USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire 7" Single EK-45615 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM Mono / Ster USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1968 Sweden USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
*<* COOL DOORS "ELEKTRA GIRL" LIGHT MY FIRE: RARE CANADIAN LABEL 1967 CLEAN 45!! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.43 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.43 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.43 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.43 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.27 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - 45 rpm - 1967 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.29 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire CD Single 1991 OST movie film Contains rare edit version USD $3.98 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Greatest Hits -Contains Break On Through And Light My Fire -VG+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire. Love Me Two Times Backtrax CD Single Elektra New USD $20.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light my fire / The unknown soldier Elektra EKR 125 Classic 60's pop USD $7.94 Buy It Now 5 days
The DOORS Light My Fire - Latvian Lp MELODIYA Riga SOVIET LATVIA / USSR USD $29.90 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors/Jim Morrison/Light My Fire A3 size typography art print/poster USD $17.22 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS = Light My Fire = MINT = ELEKTRA EKSN 45014 = Garage Classic Dancer 1967 U USD $39.77 Buy It Now 5 days
the doors the crystal ship light my fire 7" 45rpm USD $14.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $26.98 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors LP 13 - Light My Fire - Hello I Love You - People are Strange VG++/M- USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors 13 Elektra 1970 EKS-74079 Original Vinyl LP Record Light my Fire HITS USD $32.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire B/w The Crystal Ship, The Doors,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO P USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Mono Pink Elektra label USD $11.99 [0 bids]
Soul Merchants (Jazz Soul Instrumental) Cover Of The Door's "Light My Fire" 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $14.76 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS - 5E-515 ELEKTRA - Light My Fire - People Are Strange USD $9.79 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits FROM 80-C'MON BABY LIGHT MY FIRE-WITH LYRIC INSERT USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - The Best Of 2 CD [CD 1985] Elektra - Light My Fire - Jim Morrison USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS, The - Light My Fire (50th Anniversary) - Vinyl (limited 7") USD $14.53 Buy It Now 6 days
THE SOUL MERCHANTS-Light My Fire & For Wes-Jazz Soul 45-WEIS #3436-The Doors USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $16.96 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS 45 RPM 7" - Light My Fire 2017 RE-ISSUE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE 1967 AUSSIE 7'' SINGLE - PSYCH USD $29.48 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors/Light My Fire+ 1 (Japan 3" CD/SEALED) USD $159.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Light My Fire/Crystal Ship by The Doors 1967 Vinyl Elektra Records 7" Single 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors - Light My Fire (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $8.75 Buy It Now 7 days
Light My Fire by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $13.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Single Light My Fire The Doors Stll Sealed! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS:"FIRST LP"-DEBUT-LIGHT MY FIRE-NEW -180g VINYL LP:RHINO UK STEREO MIX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 50TH ANNIVERSARY RELEASE OF LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP 2017 USD $12.50 Buy It Now 8 days
VG+ The Doors EK-45615 ELEKTRA - Light My Fire 1967 RARE FLAPPER WOODY MORRISON USD $32.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 7" SINGLE + LTD.ED. RINGER T- SHIRT USD $38.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $36.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS people are strange / light my fire GOLD STANDARD 45 USD $5.89 Buy It Now 8 days
Rare THE DOORS 'Light My Fire' LIVE / Studio 12" EDITS DJ LP Radio 1987 PROMO USD $59.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 ^ USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $36.15 Buy It Now 9 days
Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Light My Fire - USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released on CD only on quite rare now 1991 promo. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"