SPOON

- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards
- Damo Suzuki / vocals

Recorded at Inner Space Studio, Cologne
Label United Artists

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

Buy CAN Spoon Music

Can: Spoon / Silent Night [Vinyl]Can: Spoon / Silent Night [Vinyl]
Line Records
Can - Spoon - United Artists Records - 35 304Can - Spoon - United Artists Records - 35 304
United Artists Records

Spoon - Girls Can Tell [New Vinyl] Reissue USD $24.50 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Can UNLIMITED EDITION 180g +MP3s GATEFOLD Spoon Records NEW SEALED VINYL 2 LP USD $26.99 Buy It Now 12h 51m
RAE SPOON - I Can't Keep All Of Our Secrets - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 12h 54m
CAN ANTHOLOGY 25 YEARS DBL CD SPOON LBL HARD TO FIND USD $9.94 [0 bids]
CAN Ege Bamyasi LP NEW VINYL Spoon Krautrock 180g USD $26.99 Buy It Now 20h 17m
CAN - FLOW MOTION LP / GERMAN SPOON 026 TS CZUKAY KAROLI USD $21.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Can EGE BAMYASI 4th Album +MP3s REMASTERED Spoon Records NEW SEALED VINYL LP USD $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HANK MARR THE GREASY SPOON/I CAN'T GO ON WITHOUT YOU FEDERAL 12508 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Can - Out of Reach LP NEW reissue remaster Spoon Records 180g w/mp3 USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Can - Landed LP NEW remaster reissue w/ mp3 Spoon Records USD $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Can ?- Soon Over Babaluma RARE 1990 PRESS MUTE / SPOON RESTLESS RETRO CD USD $35.54 Buy It Now 2 days
CAN - CANNIBALISM 2 - SPOON 21 Oz CD Oz Seller USD $25.56 Buy It Now 2 days
EX/EX !! Toy Planet/Self Titled/1980 Spoon Records LP/Can USD $21.32 Buy It Now 3 days
CAN - SOUNDTRACKS- SPOON CD 005 SWITZERLAND IMPORT-CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
HANK MARR- I Can't Go On (Without You)/The Greasy Spoon USD $7.50 Buy It Now 3 days
CAN / TAGO MAGO / 1971 KRAUTROCK CLASSIC / REMASTERED EDITION / SPOON/MUTE 2007 USD $11.36 Buy It Now 3 days
HANK MARR The Greasy Spoon/I Can't Go On 7" 1964 Federal EX USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Can - The Monster Movie(Vinyl LP),1999 Spoon 004 USD $89.95 Buy It Now 5 days
CAN Out Of Reach 180 Gram Vinyl Reissue REMASTERED Spoon/Mute Krautrock 2014 USD $20.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CAN - ANTHOLOGY - 2CD REMASTERED EDITION SPOON UK 2007 - KRAUTROCK USD $7.10 [0 bids]
Tago Mago by Can (CD, Feb-2008, Spoon) USD $15.12 Buy It Now 6 days
SPOON - Girls Can Tell - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $23.95 Buy It Now 6 days
SPOON - GIRLS CAN TELL USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $12.72 Buy It Now 6 days
Can / Ege Bamyasi CD ( 2007, Spoon, Remastered) Progressive Rock, Art Rock USD $9.10 Buy It Now 6 days
Can - Monster Movie Hybrid SACD CD Super Audio (2004, Spoon) USD $18.89 Buy It Now 6 days
CAN-I WANT MORE 7"(SPOON)PIC DISC/LIMITED USD $28.43 Buy It Now 6 days
Spoon GIRLS CAN TELL 3rd Album 180g +MP3s MERGE RECORDS New Sealed Vinyl LP USD $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Spoon - Girls Can Tell CD USD $3.89 Buy It Now 6 days
CAN Monster Movie LP VINYL German Spoon 1999 4 Track (Spoon004) USD $24.59 Buy It Now 6 days
CAN Future Days LP VINYL European Spoon 2014 4 Track Repress With Inner Sleeve USD $31.42 Buy It Now 6 days
CAN Ege Bamyasi LP VINYL European Spoon 2014 7 Track Heavy Vinyl Edition With USD $31.42 Buy It Now 6 days
RAE SPOON - I Can't Keep All Of Our Secrets - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $24.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE TOYS Silver Spoon/Can't Get Enough of You Baby 7" 1966 DynoVoice northern USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Ronnie Can You Hear Me? 7" vinyl single record Vroom For Romance UK SPOON1 USD $25.53 Buy It Now 6 days
Can CD Album Box Set Can Box UK SPOON41 SPOON 1999 USD $171.17 Buy It Now 7 days
Can Cannibalism 2 lp gatefold german spoon import rare! prog faust amon duul II USD $49.00 Buy It Now 7 days
CAN Spoon Shikako Maru Ten RARE! Vinyl AUSTRALIA '72 OZ Prog KRAUTROCK German EX USD $399.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Can - Future Days ( German Lp - Spoon Records ) USD $34.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Spoon - Girls Can Tell Vinyl LP Black 180 Gram Sealed New USD $19.55 Buy It Now 8 days
CAN - I WANT MORE *12 INCH LTD ED ORANGE VINYL * FREE P&P UK * 12SPOON047 * 0028 USD $34.12 Buy It Now 9 days
SPOON - Girls Can Tell - Vinyl (180 gram vinyl LP) USD $34.63 Buy It Now 9 days
CAN Spoon Shikako Maru Ten RARE! Vinyl AUSTRALIA 72 OZ Prog KRAUTROCK German VG+ USD $249.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MUTE SPOON 055 CAN " THE LOST TAPES " (LIMITED/180GRAM 5-LP-BOX/FACTORY SEALED) USD $279.99 Buy It Now 9 days
SPOON - GIRLS CAN TELL NEW CD USD $13.73 Buy It Now 9 days
HANK MARR Greasy Spoon b/w I Can't Go On (Without You) FEDERAL 1964 VG+ Jazz USD $19.95 Buy It Now 10 days
The Lost Tapes by Can (CD, 2012, 3 Discs, Spoon) SEALED USD $59.00 Buy It Now 10 days
SPOON-GIRLS CAN TELL (REIS) VINYL LP NEW USD $23.48 Buy It Now 10 days
Used Music CD Liquidation Sale ** Artists: R-R #465 ** Buy 1 Get 1 flat ship fee USD $1.99 Buy It Now 10 days
CAN Cannibalism 2 Spoon Great Copy Used CD 72 min long recordings from 1974-81 USD $28.00 Buy It Now 11 days
I Can't Keep All of Our Secrets 2012 by Rae Spoon Ex-library USD $5.89 Buy It Now 11 days
HANK MARR Greasy Spoon / I Can't Go On Without You FEDERAL 12508 R USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Girls Can Tell : Spoon USD $14.22 Buy It Now 11 days
50'S & 60'S 45 Hank Marr - I Can'T Go On (Without You) / The Greasy Spoon On Fed USD $5.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Girls Can Tell - Spoon (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Spoon - Girls Can Tell [New Vinyl] Reissue USD $19.53 Buy It Now 11 days
Can ?- Rite Time Spoon Records ?- XSPOON29_UK 2014 NEW USD $28.00 Buy It Now 11 days
CAN Tago Mago JAPAN CD 40SPOON6/7J 2012 NEW USD $95.71 Buy It Now 11 days
Spoon Curve- Just Can't See 12" Vinyl Quirky Recordings Drum and Bass 1995 USD $19.91 Buy It Now 11 days
SPOON - Girls Can Tell - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $17.49 Buy It Now 12 days
CAN DELAY 1968 LP GERMANY 1981 N MINT VINYL SPOON 012 USD $189.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Can SOON OVER BABALUMA 6th Album +MP3s REMASTERED Spoon Records NEW VINYL LP USD $20.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Rae Spoon - I Can't Keep All of Our Secrets [New CD] Canada - Import USD $14.85 Buy It Now 12 days
Rae Spoon - I Can't Keep All of Our Secrets [New CD] Canada - Import USD $14.32 Buy It Now 12 days
Can - Cannibalism 2LP Spoon classic comp of prog Kraut rock EXC USD $16.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Can Rite Time LP sealed New Remastered 180 gram Spoon reissue w/ download card USD $20.99 Buy It Now 13 days
EX-/EX- !! Irmin Schmidt/Filmmusik/1980 Spoon LP/Can/German Issue USD $46.94 Buy It Now 13 days
EX/EX- !! Irmin Schmidt/Film Music Volume 2/1981 Spoon LP/Can/German Issue USD $46.94 Buy It Now 13 days
Spoon : Girls Can Tell CD USD $7.07 Buy It Now 13 days
Steve Goodman Jessie's Jig et al "Spoon River" Door #3 "I Can't Sleep" EX 75 lp USD $5.95 Buy It Now 13 days
CAN Cannibalism I Re 1989 Spoon CD USD $9.90 Buy It Now 14 days
Spoon Girls Can Tell LP sealed 180 gm vinyl + download USD $19.98 Buy It Now 14 days
CAN - RITE TIME. / ( NEKTAR , AMON DUUL 2 , ELOY ). 1994 PRESSING - SPOON. USD $10.88 Buy It Now 14 days
3 x LP: Can - The Singles - Spoon Records - SPOON60 USD $36.97 Buy It Now 15 days
Girls Can Tell by Spoon (Vinyl, Apr-2008, Merge) USD $19.52 Buy It Now 15 days
Can - Rite Time (1989) - Audio CD Album - Reissue 1994 - Spoon 29 LC 7395 USD $5.40 Buy It Now 15 days
CAN 2 CD SPOON 30/31 Anthology CD (2003) MINT/EX- USD $11.36 Buy It Now 16 days
HANK MARR "THE GREASY SPOON/I Can't Go On" FEDERAL 12508 (1963) 45 RPM SINGLE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Spoon - Girls Can Tell [New CD] USD $12.49 Buy It Now 16 days
Spoon - Girls Can Tell [New CD] USD $19.95 Buy It Now 16 days
SPOON-GIRLS CAN TELL CD NEW USD $15.97 Buy It Now 16 days
CAN Self-Titled NEW/SEALED SPOON ROCK VINYL LP REISSUE USD $17.76 Buy It Now 17 days
Can TAGO MAGO 180g +MP3s GATEFOLD Remastered SPOON RECORDS New Sealed Vinyl 2 LP USD $26.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Can - s/t 17 x LP box set new sealed Spoon ltd edition 180 gram vinyl w/ posters USD $549.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Spoon - Girls Can Tell 036172949526 (CD Used Like New) USD $10.75 Buy It Now 17 days
CAN - SPOON Ultrarare 1971 german KRAUTROCK 7" P/S Single Release! Near MINT! USD $31.09 Buy It Now 18 days
CAN Soundtracks (CD/SACD Hybrid, 2004) Spoon Records UK OOP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Can FUTURE DAYS 5th Album +MP3s REMASTERED Spoon Records NEW SEALED VINYL LP USD $20.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Hank Marr - I Can't Go ON / The Greasy Spoon - SOUL JAZZ 45 USD $14.95 Buy It Now 19 days
Ege Bamyasi by Can (CD, Feb-2008, Spoon) USD $15.12 Buy It Now 19 days
HANK MARR 45 I Can't Go On (Without You) / Greasy Spoon FEDERAL Jazz #B549 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 20 days
CAN Monster Movie LIKE NEW Remastered Reissue 4 Track CD 2008 Mute Spoon USD $9.72 Buy It Now 20 days
HANK MARR,GREASY SPOON b/w I Can't Go On w/o You 1964 ORIGINAL 45 RPM NEAR MINT! USD $7.95 Buy It Now 20 days
HANK MARR 45 RPM R&B Soul Record THE GREASY SPOON / I CAN'T GO ON... VG+ Federal USD $3.35 Buy It Now 20 days
Can Live [IMPORT] by Can (Sep-1999, Spoon/Mute) USD $101.48 Buy It Now 21 days
Can Live [IMPORT] by Can (Sep-1999, Spoon/Mute) USD $104.81 Buy It Now 21 days
CAN - SAW DELIGHT LP / GERMAN SPOON RECORDS 027 CZUKAY LIEBZEIT KAROLI USD $21.32 Buy It Now 22 days
Can ?- Tago Mago Spoon Records ?France 1981 USD $70.00 Buy It Now 22 days
CAN Ege Bamyasi LP VINYL European Spoon 2014 7 Track Heavy Vinyl Edition With USD $30.78 Buy It Now 22 days
CAN Spoon Over Babaluna Live BBC 1973 & OGWT 1975 vinyl LP krautrock USD $34.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Girls Can Tell, SPOON, New USD $11.39 Buy It Now 22 days

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CAN Spoon ratings distribution

CAN Spoon reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Spoon/"Shikaku Maru Ten" is a single release by German experimental/psychadelic rock act Can. It was released through United Artists Records in December 1971. The single proved a tremendous commercial success for the band as it sold over 300.000 copies and made it unto the Top 20 in the German chart and provided the financial foundation for the band to gain access to better studio and rehearsal fascilities. Much of the singles popularity came from the fact that it was the theme song for a popular contemporary German TV Thriller series titled "Das Messer".

The "Spoon" track, while not originally intended to be featured on Canīs next album, ended up on "Ege Bamyasi (1972)" anyway because the band had a shortage of material for the album. The B-side track titled "Shikaku Maru Ten" is exclusive to this single release.

"Spoon" is to my ears an unlikely candidate for a hit single and Iīm sure the band were as surprised by itīs success as I am. While featuring a more catchy and accessible melody than most other tracks in the early part of the bandīs discography, "Spoon" still features the trademark repetitive rhythms and experimental approach that sounds so unmistakably like Can, and which arenīt exactly what youīd expect to hear on the radio. "Shikaku Maru Ten" is a bit more "out there" and psychadelic, but still featuring those repetitive grooves.

Overall the "Spoon/"Shikaku Maru Ten" single is a decent quality release, but as a consequence of the title track being included on "Ege Bamyasi (1972)", which is a more readily available release today, the single is a hardcore fan item more than anything ("Shikaku Maru Ten" isnīt exactly a track to die for, although itīs pretty good). Therefore a 3 star (60%) rating is warranted.

Post a review of CAN "Spoon"