LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times
Elektra Spun Gold
Vinyl$18.00
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
Vinyl$199.90
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)

ORIGINAL 1967 FIRST ELEKTRA PRESS THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL CRYSTAL SHIP USD $99.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE B/W CRYSTAL SHIP ORIG 1st PRESS "MAIDEN" LABEL VG+ RARE USD $22.50 [0 bids]
SOUL MERCHANTS: Light My Fire / Same 45 (dj, Soul Jazz instrumental of the Door USD $8.00 Buy It Now 7h 13m
DOORS Self-Titled 12" 33RPM LP Rock 1st Album Elektra EKS 74007 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Light My Fire [7/28] by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $10.63 Buy It Now 12h 39m
DOORS EP PS Light My Fire SRAEL EP-1E 1022 ULTRA RARE ISRAELI COVER USD $125.94 Buy It Now 14h 35m
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Sweden VERY RARE KFF 715 UNIQUE Swedish COVER 45 USD $90.96 Buy It Now 14h 35m
DOORS 7' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 VERY RARE UNIQUE COVER Dutch 45 USD $83.96 Buy It Now 14h 35m
DOORS 7 PS Light My Fire Italy MEGA RARE Vedette VRN 34081 nice UNIQUE COVER 45 USD $118.94 Buy It Now 14h 35m
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through/The End+ USD $6.98 Buy It Now 15h 34m
THE DOORS & 1 other.. original sheet music.....LIGHT MY FIRE USD $2.80 [0 bids]
THE DOORS New Sealed Ltd 2018 50th ANNIVERSARY LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL RECORD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 39m
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 on rare BLUE Elektra label USD $4.99 Buy It Now 21h 36m
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 22h 16m
** The DOORS ** Light My Fire / Break on Through Philco NEW SEALED 45rpm ** USD $29.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The-Doors-30th-Anniversary-Collection-DvD-L-A-Woman-Light-My-Fire-Riders USD $15.81 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA ARCHIVE 1973 USD $249.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - 45 RPM - Light My Fire - The Crystal Ship USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $43.48 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.35 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Best Of 2-CD Fatbox Greatest Hits Light My Fire, Riders On The Storm USD $2.49 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors 45 Light My Fire / Chrystal Ship - Elektra VG USD $3.50 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship used 7" SINGLE MONO ORIG. Elektra USD $18.98 [0 bids]
Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 Astor Australia AP-1388 Oz 1967 EX USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Doors 13 12" 33 Vinyl LP Album Sleeve EKS-74079 Elektra Light My Fire Hello USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $6.33 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $6.33 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $6.33 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $6.33 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $6.33 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS greatest HITS cd morrison HELLO I LOVE YOU the end LIGHT MY FIRE touch me USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Door's light my fire 12 inch import Jim Morrison USD $10.99 [0 bids]
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $69.90 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 RARE Original Press P/S USD $149.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ? THE BEST OF ? 1973 QUADRADISC ~ QUADRAPHONIC ~ LIGHT MY FIRE USD $26.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors CD BackTrax Single Light My Fire Love Me Two Times SEALED Hits Series USD $24.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Rare Pop Rock 45 - The Templeton Twins - Light My Fire - Doors Cover USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM RECORD LIGHT MY FIRE BY THE DOORS USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE HELLO I LOVE YOU RARE ISRAELI 7" EP HEBREW ELECTRA ROCK USD $105.60 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $15.77 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 3 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Philco Flexi Disc - Light My Fire / Break On Through USD $6.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Elektra ?- EK-45615 Vinyl, 7", Single, 45 RPM, Promo, USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $2.78 [0 bids]
The Doors Vinyl LP Lot 13 Classics Greatest Hits Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $3.25 [3 bids]
The Best Of the Doors - Vinyl record LP - 6E-5035 Light My Fire and more! VG+/VG USD $3.33 [1 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $20.99 [0 bids]
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire (Mint!!! 1979) USD $1.39 [0 bids]
Doors EX hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire Break on Through Philco USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors 2 x CD Inc. The End,When The Music's Over USD $4.18 [0 bids]
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LOT OF 2 RECORDS(LIGHT MY FIRE, LOVE ME TWO TIMES, BREAK ON THROUGH) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $97.94 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -light my fire/break on through LEBANESE PRESSING 7" single 45 rpm USD $99.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.58 [0 bids]
THE DOORS- Very Best of/Greatest Hits 2-CD (1985 USA) Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $7.16 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors debut LP 1967 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $5.00 [1 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7", DOORS,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO Pic USD $18.98 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire 7" Single EK-45615 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $22.49 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE custom picture sleeve  USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ORIGINAL the Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45, psych USD $9.00 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $83.95 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS - 5E-515 ELEKTRA - Light My Fire - People Are Strange USD $9.79 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.78 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 1973 LP SUPERB SOUND LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE USD $9.95 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors/Jim Morrison/Light My Fire A3 size typography art print/poster USD $17.49 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Alive She Cried / Gloria / Light My Fire Mega Rare 12" Promo LP 1983 USD $269.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS~LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP 1967 ELEKTRA 2ND PRESS EK-4516 w/CO.SLV USD $3.08 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $29.33 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Light My Fire B/w The Crystal Ship, The Doors,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO P USD $12.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light My Fire Love Me Two Times Cd Single Very Good!! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LP The Doors Light My Fire Russia 1988 USD $35.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS ~ Light My Fire ~ rare Canadian garage/psych ~ ELEKTRA USD $25.80 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $23.56 Buy It Now 8 days
THE SOUL MERCHANTS-Light My Fire & For Wes-Jazz Soul 45-WEIS #3436-The Doors USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Acid Rock Music Vinyl Record Album EKS-74007 Light My Fire Nice USD $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $18.18 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors 2x CD BEST OF 19 songs JIM MORRISON Light My Fire RIDERS ON THE STORM USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.53 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE 1967 AUSSIE 7'' SINGLE - PSYCH USD $23.68 Buy It Now 9 days
45 rpm/ The Doors/ Love Me Two Times/ Light My Fire USD $6.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Single Light My Fire The Doors Stll Sealed! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"