LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
$24.98
Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times
Elektra Spun Gold
$18.00
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA

The Doors - Light My Fire - NEW SEALED 7" 45 - 50th anniversary Japanese reprodu USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
The Doors - Light My Fire UK 1971 7" Single USD $10.62 [0 bids]
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $20.00 Buy It Now 9h 48m
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 57m
The Doors Light my Fire Russian unique LP - rare black label ! laminated cover ! USD $69.99 Buy It Now 15h 43m
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship rare 45 from 1967 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 38m
The Doors - Best of the Doors cd light my fire break on through riders on...... USD $5.27 Buy It Now 19h 58m
THE DOORS VINYL LP ALBUM 1967 ELEKTRA RECORDS BREAK ON THROUGH, LIGHT MY FIRE VG USD $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 21m
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 23h 33m
DOORS LP ORIGINAL RECORDING LIGHT MY FIRE 7 INCH SINGLE USD $7.37 Buy It Now 23h 42m
THE DOORS CD Classic 1967 Debut Album Light My Fire, Break On Through USD $2.49 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $22.57 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $66.37 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire [New 7" Vinyl] USD $10.83 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $15.94 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 from 1967 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ERMA FRANKLIN "Light My Fire / Hold On" 45 (7", SOUL, BREAKS, CLASSIC, THE DOORS USD $69.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS GREATEST HITS LIGHT MY FIRE, L.A. WOMAN, LOVE ME 2 TIMES CASSETTE USD $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors EKS-74007 Electra 1970 Reissue Stereo LP Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire. Love Me Two Times Backtrax CD Single Elektra New USD $20.00 [0 bids]
45! THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ON ELECTRA RECORDS USD $7.64 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 50TH ANNIVERSARY Pic Sleeve SEALED 2017 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $1.32 [0 bids]
DOORS ALIVE, SHE CRIED CASSETTE "LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $7.48 Buy It Now 2 days
ORIGINAL 1967 FIRST ELEKTRA PRESS THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL CRYSTAL SHIP USD $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.30 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times 45 Single Elektra Spun Gold VG USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SOUL MERCHANTS: Light My Fire / Same 45 (dj, Soul Jazz instrumental of the Door USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire/Crystal Ship 7" VINYL Sealed Japanese Artwork R7 560944 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire [7/28] by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $10.84 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $5.97 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.97 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.97 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $5.97 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $5.97 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS / JOSE FELICIANO - 60's Sheet Music - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $15.94 Buy It Now 3 days
VALLI Light my fire Ltd 45 80s Pop Synth Doors USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS-1988 ELEKTRA CD LIGHT MY FIRE BACK DOOR MAN SOUL KITCHEN CRYSTAL SHIP USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 1st Press 45rpm USD $23.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA ARCHIVE 1973 USD $349.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of the Doors 2 x CD Inc. The End,When The Music's Over & Light My Fire USD $3.97 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Elektra EK-45615 7" 45 Single VG+ USD $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - 45 RPM (1967) "LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP" ELEKTRA EK-45615 (VG) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.48 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.48 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.48 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.48 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light my Fire b/w The Crystal Ship 1967 Astor AP-1388 Australia 45 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire 7 : The Doors USD $7.31 Buy It Now 4 days
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
1st w/ ELEKTRA GIRL! The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Psych 45 CDN ELEKTRA USD $8.97 [0 bids]
USD $17.50 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record NEW + juke box strip USD $24.61 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire Orig.1st Pressing OLD Elektra Label 1967 45 Good Cond. USD $14.00 [0 bids]
SEALED - THE DOORS __1st LP (Light My Fire) / Strange Days__ CD 60's ROCK NEW USD $13.34 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 45 RPM Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Elektra VG Original Label USD $4.98 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LOT OF 2 7" VINYL 45 rpm,LIGHT MY FIRE,LOVE ME 2 TIMES,MOONLIGHT DRIVE USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE" 45 w/ PICTURE SLEEVE 1991 GERMANY USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Like New) USD $13.76 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1991 12" SINGLE EX - 1000'S MORE RECORDS FOR SALE LOOK!! USD $10.63 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Jim Morrison 1991 single vintage ad Light My Fire. Primal Scream. USD $6.63 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire 7" vinyl rock 45rpm E-45051 USD $2.66 [0 bids]
45 RECORD 7"- THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $7.50 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors CD BackTrax Single Light My Fire Love Me Two Times SEALED Hits Series USD $24.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $14.88 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/PEOPLE ARE STRANGE PS 45 USD $2.39 [7 bids]
The Doors debut LP 1967 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Light My Fire-The Doors 45 RPM 1967 USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE edit. ELEKTRA RECORDS UK 7" VINYL SINGLE - JIM MORRISON USD $4.64 [0 bids]
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Elektra ?- EK-45615 Vinyl, 7", Single, 45 RPM, Promo, USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LP 13 EKS 74079 ROADHOUSE BLUES LIGHT MY FIRE TOUCH ME USD $5.55 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire Love Me Two Times Cd Single Very Good!! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Riders On The Storm (Misspelled Raiders)-Light My Fire-Portugal 7" 72 PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS THE BEST OF THE DOORS GREATEST HITS CASSETTE WITH "LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $4.85 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS love me two times / light my fire JUKEBOX STRIP SPUN GOLD 45 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors 30th Anniversary Collection DvD L A Woman Light-My Fire Riders USD $4.48 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7", DOORS,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO Pic USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light My Fire 7" Single EK-45615 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM Mono / Ster USD $16.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1968 Sweden USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
*<* COOL DOORS "ELEKTRA GIRL" LIGHT MY FIRE: RARE CANADIAN LABEL 1967 CLEAN 45!! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.29 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - 45 rpm - 1967 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light My Fire CD Single 1991 OST movie film Contains rare edit version USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"