Genesis

- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass

Record Label: Charisma
Catalogue No: CB309
Country of Origin: UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Follow You Follow Me Music

follow you follow me / inside & out 45 rpm singlefollow you follow me / inside & out 45 rpm single
ATLANTIC
Vinyl$199.90
Follow You Follow Me - JukeboxFollow You Follow Me - Jukebox
Vinyl$411.90
Follow You Follow MeFollow You Follow Me
Vinyl$244.90
follow you follow me / illegal alien 45 rpm singlefollow you follow me / illegal alien 45 rpm single
ATLANTIC
Vinyl$9.99
Follow you, follow me (1978) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']Follow you, follow me (1978) / Vinyl single [Vinyl-Single 7'']
Vinyl$199.90
Follow You Follow MeFollow You Follow Me
Vinyl$5.16 (used)
Follow You Follow Me - Genesis 7Follow You Follow Me - Genesis 7" 45
Vinyl$220.10

GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / BALLAD OF BIG - CHARISMA CB 309 USD $1.31 [0 bids]
GENESIS UK 1978 7" Single FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME USD $3.29 Buy It Now
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 7" Single Charisma 1978 VG+ Condition.. USD $1.32 [0 bids]
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) Follow You Follow Me 7" VINYL Irish Charisma 1978 USD $4.14 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Genesis Follow You Follow Me UK 7" vinyl single record CB309 CHARISMA 1978 USD $13.12 Buy It Now 2h 45m
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) Follow You Follow Me 7" VINYL UK Ch USD $4.14 Buy It Now 3h 16m
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) Follow You Follow Me 7" VINYL UK Charisma 1978 USD $5.53 Buy It Now 3h 20m
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) Follow You Follow Me 7" VINYL German Charisma USD $6.58 Buy It Now 3h 23m
GENESIS (ROCK/PROG/POP GROUP) Follow You Follow Me 7" VINYL Japanese Charisma USD $26.97 Buy It Now 3h 24m
45 Vinyl Records Genesis Follow You Follow Me USD $7.59 Buy It Now 3h 24m
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME USD $0.46 [0 bids]
GENESIS,FOLLOW YOU,FOLLOW ME,BALLAD OF BIG,7",LP 45.VINYL EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $6.58 [0 bids]
12h
GENESIS,FOLLOW YOU,FOLLOW ME,A TRICK OF TAIL,7",LP 45.VINYL EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $6.58 [0 bids]
genesis follow you follow me on 7"single USD $1.32 [0 bids]
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me (7" Vinyl Single) USD $6.60 Buy It Now 21h 42m
GENESIS - "Follow You Follow Me" / "Inside & Out" 1978 - 7" Single - ORIG 1st US USD $9.88 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS-FOLLOW YOU, FOLLOW ME/BALLAD OF BIG (GERMAN PRESS) USD $6.58 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS. FOLLOW YOU FOLLLOW ME.7 vinyl USD $1.58 [0 bids]
"ALMOST MINT" GENESIS..FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME..1978 CHARISMA PROG.ROCK / POP 7" USD $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME - 7" VINYL - 1978 CHARISMA USD $4.34 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME USA 7" P/S ATLANTIC ST-A-34988 SP PHIL COLLINS ROCK USD $6.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis Follow You Follow Me Vinyl Single USD $0.66 [0 bids]
GENESIS: Follow You Follow Me USA ATLANTIC DJ Promo 45 NM- Mono Stereo USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me rare promo 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Genesis: Follow Me Follow You/A Trick Of The Tail 7": 1982 UK Release. Old Gold USD $2.63 [0 bids]
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me LTD QUALITY CD FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP USD $65.91 Buy It Now 3 days
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me - Charisma CB-309 - JUKEBOX READY - Ex USD $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7" RARE UK PIC SLEEVE ORIGINAL USD $7.90 [0 bids]
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU, FOLLOW ME Very rare 1978 french 7" P/S Single Release! EX+ USD $11.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Genesis " Follow you follow me" 7 inch single Irish Pressing USD $1.98 [0 bids]
GENESIS - GREATEST HITS CD - Follow You,Follow Me,mama,Abacab,Carpet Crawlers USD $1.31 [0 bids]
Genesis Follow You, Follow Me Bright Yellow Label UK 45 7" single USD $3.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me - 1978 UK - Charisma - CB 309 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 5 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME THE FAMOUS CHARISMA RECORDS 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $1.83 [0 bids]
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME (UK 1978 7" INCH SINGLE) CHARISMA CB 309 EX COND USD $3.95 Buy It Now 6 days
GENESIS 45 RPM UK IMPORT Follow You Follow Me / Ballad of Big - Famous Charisma USD $10.75 Buy It Now 6 days
PICTURE SLEEVE.rock.GENESIS.1979.FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME.prog.GERMANY.charisma USD $1.31 [0 bids]
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME/BALLAD OF BIG 7" VINYL COMBINE POST USD $2.96 Buy It Now 7 days
Genesis- follow you follow me 7" vinyl record clock gift birthday xmas USD $13.18 Buy It Now 7 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 1978 UK Poster size Press ADVERT 16x12 inches USD $15.77 Buy It Now 7 days
GENESIS *7" VINYL* FOLLOW YOU,FOLLOW ME * 1982 *OG 9264 USD $1.31 [0 bids]
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 7" Ps, B/W Ballad Of Big, Cb 309 (Ex-/Ex- Vinyl Ha USD $6.58 Buy It Now 8 days
Genesis - Follow You, Follow Me 7" Vinyl Single Released In 1978 Old Gold Record USD $2.11 [0 bids]
Genesis ? FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / ILLEGAL ALLIEN 7" ATLANTIC OLDIES 1985 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FLOOW ME - CB 309 USD $9.22 Buy It Now 9 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / BALLAD OF BIG UK 7" 1978 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GENESIS LIVE IN POLAND VOL2 CD MADE IN BRAZIL Follow you Follow Me I Can't Dance USD $23.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GENESIS - Follow You Follow Me - 1978 UK Charisma 7" Vinyl Single USD $11.86 Buy It Now 10 days
Genesis - Follow You, Follow Me / Ballad Of Big USD $3.96 Buy It Now 10 days
Genesis-follow you follow me.7" USD $9.24 Buy It Now 12 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me Old Gold 7" Vgc Prog USD $3.63 Buy It Now 12 days
Genesis "Follow You Follow Me" 1978 CHARISMA Oz 7" 45rpm USD $4.52 Buy It Now 13 days
GENESIS ?- Follow You Follow Me (7") (EX/G+) USD $6.58 Buy It Now 13 days
GENESIS 'FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME' UK 7" SINGLE USD $2.63 Buy It Now 13 days
GENESIS 'FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME' UK 7" SINGLE #2 USD $1.31 Buy It Now 13 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 7" Old Gold OG9264 EX 1982 Follow You Follow Me/A T USD $8.56 Buy It Now 14 days
Pop 45 Genesis "Follow You Follow Me / Inside & Out" Atlantic VG+ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 14 days
GENESIS AND THEN THERE WERE THREE LP SD 19173 GATEFOLD follow you follow me USD $4.10 Buy It Now 14 days
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me (7" single) CB 309 USD $2.97 Buy It Now 15 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 1982 UK 7" VINYL SINGLE IN P/S OLD GOLD OG 9264 USD $6.58 Buy It Now 15 days
GENESIS:Lamb Lies Down On Broadway(Gabriel)-Follow Me Follow You-U.S.7" Live PSL USD $48.98 Buy It Now 15 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 7" Charisma CB309 EX 1978 Follow You Follow Me/Ball USD $8.56 Buy It Now 16 days
GENESIS_Follow You Follow Me_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS_G1a USD $9.11 Buy It Now 17 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME - CB 309 USD $9.22 Buy It Now 17 days
Genesis - Follow You follow Me - Ballad Of Big - Vinyl Record 7" Single - CB309 USD $9.66 Buy It Now 18 days
Genesis - Follow Me, Follow You - 7" Vinyl (CB 309/1978) USD $5.11 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU, FOLLOW ME - 7" Vinyl Record : VG ( p278) USD $5.26 Buy It Now 18 days
Genesis And Then There Were Three CD NEW SEALED Remastered Follow You Follow Me+ USD $7.90 Buy It Now 18 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 1978 UK 7" vinyl single VG/EX USD $10.56 Buy It Now 18 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me Republic of Ireland 7" vinyl single USD $7.92 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME - GERMANY 45 SINGLE USD $7.99 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS '' FOLLOW YOU , FOLLOW ME '' 3474 1978 USD $5.50 Buy It Now 18 days
ATLANTIC 3474 GENESIS INSIDE & OUT FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME HENTSCHEL COLLINS USD $6.70 Buy It Now 19 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW ME FOLLOW YOU 7" VINYL (JAPANESE ISSUE) USD $9.88 Buy It Now 19 days
GENESIS 7" SINGLE FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME GOOD COLLINS RUTHERFORD BANKS B309 USD $4.60 Buy It Now 19 days
45 RPM Single--- GENESIS: FOLLOW YOU, FOLLOW ME & A TRICK OF THE TAIL USD $5.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Genesis, Follow You Follow Me, 7" Vinyl Record Bookmark gift USD $6.60 Buy It Now 20 days
GENESIS Orig 1978 "And Then There Were Three" LP w Follow You Follow Me NM- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 20 days
GENESIS FOLLOW YOU, FOLLOW ME TRICK OF TAIL 7" OLD GOLD SINGLE 1968/83 N/MINT USD $6.58 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS " FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME " 7" SINGLE 1978 VG+ USD $3.95 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS Illegal Alien / Follow You Follow Me 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / A TRICK OF THE TAIL 7" OLD GOLD VINYL USD $5.92 Buy It Now 21 days
Genesis-Follow You Follow Me (VG+ Promo) USD $6.59 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME / BALLARD OF PIG 7" 45RPM SINGLE 1978 Charisma USD $6.53 Buy It Now 22 days
7" Single - Genesis - Follow You Follow Me - Charisma CB 309 - 1978 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 23 days
GENESIS 1978 Follow You Follow Me/ Ballad of big RARE! 45 7" Single BRAZIL USD $19.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me 7" VG+ 3474 Vinyl 45 Atlantic Promo 1978 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 24 days
GENESIS: Follow You Follow Me / Mono 45 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $10.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Genesis ORIG OZ 45 Follow you follow me EX '78 Charisma Art Rock Prog Rock USD $9.83 Buy It Now 25 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 1978 Japanese 7" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $15.82 Buy It Now 25 days
GENESIS 1978 "And Then There Were Three" LP w Follow You Follow Me SEALED NM- USD $49.99 Buy It Now 25 days
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me 45 VG+ Inside & Out Atlantic USD $15.80 Buy It Now 25 days
Genesis Follow You Follow Me 7" Charisma CB309 VG 1978 Irish pressing, Follow Yo USD $8.56 Buy It Now 25 days
Genesis Live Silver Cd Collins Gabriel Follow You Me 1980 Rutherford USD $64.35 Buy It Now 27 days
Genesis-Follow you follow me-7" single 1978 USD $2.31 Buy It Now 27 days
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me (Vinyl) USD $10.54 Buy It Now 27 days
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me - 7" Single USD $3.63 Buy It Now 27 days
GENESIS - Follow You Follow Me (Irish 2 Tk 1978 7" Single) USD $2.63 Buy It Now 27 days
GENESIS LP AND THEN THERE WERE THREE SD 19173 / 1978 FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME USD $3.50 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS "FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME" 45 MINT UNPLAYED USD $12.75 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GENESIS Follow You Follow Me ratings distribution

GENESIS Follow You Follow Me reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars The "...and then there were three..." album was the first album that I bought from Genesis, if I remember well, in April 1979, after reading a review about the album in a Mexican rock magazine, and after listening to the "Nursery Cryme" album earlier in that year. I liked "Nursery Cryme", but at that time I couldn`t find it in the record shops (but I recorded it on a cassette). It was easier to find their latest album in the record shops, because it was released in Mexico, as the magazine said. I still like "...and then there were three.." very much.

Now, about this single, it was strange for me that nobody has written a review about. Well, I know. Many reviewers in Prog Archives don`t like the trio years in Genesis` history, so I`m going to write a review about this single.

"Follow You, Follow Me" is a ballad with Pop arrangements, of course, but it is a very good song. The drums are very interesting, playing a rhythm which is not very common in Prog bands. There are some interesting percussion instruments in the background, sounding to me like a marimba. The guitar riff is played with a sound effect, maybe using a chorus or a flanger, and I thought for years that it was really a keyboard sound until I saw the video clip of this song some years ago. The guitar riff is the main part of the song, as it is played almost the same way in all the parts of the song. The keyboards are simple but good, with an organ playing the chords and a synth playing almost the same melody that the vocals sing. There is a very good synths solo. In general, the song has a very good arrangement despite being mainly a ballad, a Pop ballad. It became the first major hit single for the band in the U.S. and in the U.K. , and it marked the start of the Pop years for the band, but still having some Prog inluences. The Pop influences became the main ingredients from 1981 until their last studio album with Collins, "We Can`t Dance".

Update, 27-June-2014: The mixing of "Follow You, Follow Me" which was used (at least for the U.S version of the single) was different, not only being shorter in lenght, but it also had more presence of the percussion instruments and of the drums, and some parts of the keyboards and of the guitars sound a bit different too.

"Ballad of Big" is a song which has some Prog arrangements, with lyrics about a "Hero of the American West". There is a strong presence of synths and bass pedals in this song. Very good arrangements.

Both songs were composed by Banks, Collins and Rutherford.

Review by Matti
3 stars (It's peculiar how Genesis albums get hudreds of reviews/ ratings, and singles may have just one review. This is the second one for this single. No, I don't feel too good about writing single reviews, but often I just choose to do so when visting the pages of the top bands - that are usually my personal long-time favourites too...)

So, this song marks a big turn in Genesis career, which surely furiated old fans and won lots of new listeners for the band. Perhaps a whole new generation of them who knew almost nothing of the Gabriel-era. They went quite commercial and catchy (compared to their prog years) with this hit. You know what? I haven't got any bad feelings for this song at all. Even in general, thinking of Genesis' later direction, I do have some respect for them not trying to make the same kind of music as in the seventies. I don't personally much care about their 80's - '90's stuff but it's just fine for me if they reached their popularity peak back then. It doesn't necessarily mean they sold their souls to commerciality. And if Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett had never left the group, I'm sure we'd have much fewer fine albums to enjoy. Instead we might have a dinosaur who would endlessly milk the old cow.

Oops, I wandered away from this single. 'Follow You Follow Me' is a nice little love song. It has almost nothing to do with prog, unless you count the synth solo to be proggy, or the arrangement/sound which is not quite mainstream pop. It has a joyous atmosphere that makes the listener feeling happy too (unless he only thinks "this is not prog! It's awfully commercial!" ;D) Lyrics are very simple and naiive but full of sympathy.

Flip side includes 'Ballad Of Big', another song from ...And Then There Were Three. I think it's very representative of the album in which the airy keyboards dominate. Quite a proggy arrangement and some mild progness in the song structure, in a relatively straight pop approach. Also its narrative nature is typical for ATTWT (on some fan magazine in '86 or 87 they spoke of the album as a cousin to Nursery Cryme). A Western tale of "Big Jim Coolley", "who died like all good cowboys / with his boots on next to his men". I like it. I like ATTWT in general even if it's a huge let-down as the follower of the superb Wind & Wuthering (but one doesn't HAVE to compare those albums, right?). Nevertheless it's the last enjoyable Genesis album; Duke is good too but with more uninteresting material in it.

3 stars A single from Genesis released in 1978 with the album AND THEN THERE WERE THREE. "Follow You Follow Me" may just be the first true single this band put out- an actual love song with memorable chorus. Unfortunately, the flip side, "Ballad of Big" is a song I find to be one of the weakest on the album ... (read more)

Report this review (#749373) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 5, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Follow You Follow Me"