20TH CENTURY MASTERS: THE BEST OF DEEP PURPLE

- Roger Glover / bass
- Jon Lord / organ, keyboards
- Ian Paice / drums

Universal

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to snobb for the last updates

DEEP PURPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEEP PURPLE 20th Century Masters: The Best of Deep Purple Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
InFiniteInFinite
EARMUSIC 2017
The Very Best of Deep PurpleThe Very Best of Deep Purple
Remastered
Warner Archives / Rhino 2000
Machine HeadMachine Head
Rhino Flashback 2011
The Complete Album 1970-1976 (10CD)The Complete Album 1970-1976 (10CD)
Rhino/Warner Bros. 2013
Perfect Strangers (Remastered)Perfect Strangers (Remastered)
Remastered · Extra tracks
Flashback - Rhino 2008
In Rock: Anniversary EditionIn Rock: Anniversary Edition
Import · Remastered
EMI 1995

More places to buy DEEP PURPLE music online Buy DEEP PURPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

DEEP PURPLE 20th Century Masters: The Best of Deep Purple ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(25%)

DEEP PURPLE 20th Century Masters: The Best of Deep Purple reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars "The Universal Masters Collection", labelled here as "20th Century Masters", is the last Deep Purple compilation I am ever buying, as I have all their famous albums and enough compilations to sink a battleship. This one ended up in my clutches for two simple reasons; 1. It was relatively cheap, found at a reject shop, and 2. It did feature some tracks that I did not actually have. The tracks in question are Son of Alerik, a 10 minute track that was a bonus on "Perfect Strangers" CD remaster, but not included on my version, and the songs from "The House of Blue Light" that I never bothered with; Bad Attitude, The Unwritten Law, and Dead or Alive. My version with different packaging from China also featured The Spanish Archer from this album as a last track, so that was kind of a nice bonus. All of these are okay but I prefer the heavier proggier Mark 1 Line up any day.

It also features some of my all time favourites such as Knocking at Your Back Door and Perfect Strangers, the two best songs on "Perfect Strangers". As a bonus it features the brilliant live tracks Black Night, clocking just over 6 minutes, and classic live Child in Time (10:37) and a live Smoke on the Water (7:43). That is not a bad collection in essence and worth giving Chickenfeed the 10 dollars I shelled out for this.

The packaging is no frills, small fold out booklet with about 3 pictures and some information on Purple history, and mine has a different colour cover than the one pictured here, but I dare say this collection has ended up in many homes due to its cheapness and the track listing. I was very pleased to be able to add it to my collection.

Post a review of DEEP PURPLE "20th Century Masters: The Best of Deep Purple "