HELLO GOODBYE

The Beatles Hello Goodbye album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Hello, Goodbye (3.30)
2. I Am The Walrus (4.35)

Search THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label Parlophone
Catalogue No. R 5655
Matrix Numbers 7XCE 18433-1 (Hello Goodbye)
7XCE 18434-1 (Walrus)
Release Date 24th November 1967
U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 29th November 1967
Highest Position : 1 ... for 7 weeks from 6th December
Weeks in Chart : 12 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$20.97

BEATLES 7' PS Hello Goodbye Sweden SD 5655 UNIQUE NICE COVER with the UK 45 USD $28.01 Buy It Now 2h 32m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 2h 40m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS 1967 GERMANY Odeon 7" PS EX+/MINT- copy !!! USD $58.00 Buy It Now 2h 40m
The Beatles : Hello, Goodbye by Mirror Series (Paperback, 2010) USD $2.79 Buy It Now 4h 59m
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $49.00 Buy It Now 5h 42m
THE BEATLES 7" Hello Goodbye/ I am the walrus with USA Capitol Orig. sleeve USD $36.99 Buy It Now 6h 37m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL RECORDS 45 RPM USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye BRAZIL Single 7'' 1967 Odeon USD $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 46m
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE UNIQUE Yugoslavian FLEXI 5'' NM USD $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 26m
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE 7" 45 RPM VG++/VG USD $14.00 Buy It Now 15h 23m
The Beatles - 45 RPM - I Am The Walrus - Hello Goodbye USD $9.95 Buy It Now 17h 28m
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO JOHN LENNON & RINGO STARR . V23 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO GEORGE HARRISON PAUL MCCARTNEY V22 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES: HELLO, GOODBYE 45/7 R5655 NORWAY USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " 'RARE ORIG UK PATHE MARCONI CONTRACT 7" COMPANY SLV USD $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE 45 RECORD SLEEVE ONLY V15 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE 45 RECORD SLEEVE ONLY V12 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE PIC SLEEVE ONLY WEST COAST RARE 45 RPM USD $9.99 [0 bids]
VINYL PS 7" 45 THE BEATLES ---HELLO, GOODBYE+1 ***ENGLAND*** USD $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MELODY MAKER 1967 NOV 11 BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE BAEZ USD $28.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES YESTERDAY + HELLO, GOODBYE ORIGINAL SONG SHEETS USD $18.21 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Picture Disc 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 20th Anniversary USD $49.00 Buy It Now 2 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $16.81 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus ITALY (COVER) HOLLAND (VINYL) VG/VG+ USD $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES "Hello Goodby/I Am The Walrus" 45 Plus Picture Sleeve USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES  HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL WITH  S/M T-SHIRT SEALED USD $20.00 [0 bids]
USD $35.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE A0152 USD $17.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES / Hello Goodbye / EMI ODEON DSOL 66.082 Press Spain 1967 Single VG USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $67.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $7.73 Buy It Now 3 days
The BEATLES 1968 ORIGINAL PICTURE SLEEVE/45 "Hello Goodbye"/"Walrus"CAPITOL 2056 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 RARE LABEl IMPORT R.5655 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES 7" RECORD LOT APPLE CAPITOL 45 RPM Hey Jude Hello Goodbye Yesterday John USD $13.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye-1987 UK Picture Disc 45-NEAR MINT/UNPLAYED! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
*<* BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE" UNPLAYED MINT 45 w/PICTURE SLEEVE from 1976 BOX SET! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS usa apple 2056 7" single USD $28.01 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES-hello goodbye/i am the walrus/45 picture SLEEVE - VINTAGE USD $24.50 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
HELLO GOODBYE....THE BEATLES.....VINYL 45 rpm.......PARLOPHONE....1967 USD $2.79 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7" Picture Disc Single Hello Goodbye UK EMI RP 5655 UNPLAYED OOOOO USD $4.75 [3 bids]
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 4 days
MEGA RARE THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE SINGAPORE VINYL 45 R5655 GREAT AUDIO WALRUS USD $35.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye - 3" CD - UK Issue - 1989 USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles ?- Hello, Goodbye - Odeon ? O 23660 Picture Sleeve Germany 45 rpm USD $27.83 [11 bids]
Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus- The Beatles- 45RPM- Capitol Records- #2056 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
3 The Beatles, 45 rpm, Lady Madonna / Paperback Writer / Hello Goodbye USD $7.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles ?- Hello Goodbye - West Coast Picture Sleeve Capitol 2056 - 45 RPM USD $13.00 [8 bids]
THE BEATLES I am the walrus/hello goodbye PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $29.03 Buy It Now 4 days
HELLO GOODBYE-THE BEATLES/ "MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR" THAI THAILAND EP 7" MTR200 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Hello Goodbye - 1st - 4pr Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK R5655 PARLOPHONE USD $74.16 Buy It Now 4 days
30B VG The Beatles hello goodbye capitol 2056 USD $1.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 'Hola Adios (Hello Goodbye)' 1967 Mexican 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $23.79 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 HELLO GOODBYE PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P6 USD $9.79 Buy It Now 5 days
45 rpm/ The Beatles/ Hello Goodbye USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour remastered CD NEW Hello Goodbye USD $19.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus on Capitol 45 With Picture Sleeve USD $5.00 [1 bids]
Hello Goodbye Beatles USD $1.40 [0 bids]
The Beatles- Hello Goodbye Rare Usa 7" USD $51.82 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Parlophone 45 RPM USD $53.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $84.02 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus custom Capitol picture sleeve  USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Hello Goodbye - 1st - Solid - EX Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK R5655 USD $179.19 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - EU Picture Sleeve 45 rpm PS 7" USD $26.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $98.02 Buy It Now 6 days
the beatles hello goodbye- i am a walrus. parlophone r 5655 USD $5.46 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE JAPAN APPLE AR-1838 RED WAX 400YEN USD $80.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles 45 rpm Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 VG++/VG+ USD $10.99 [0 bids]
USD $26.50 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES -Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Rare UK 7" Picture Disc Vinyl Record USD $61.61 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE reissue X0229 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES cd RRSO Symphony Orchestra 8 Days a Week HELLO GOODBYE all my loving USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 With Picture Sleeve 400 Yen USD $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Les 409 Reviens Reviens (Beatles Hello Goodbye) / Un amour compliqué 45RPM VG+ USD $29.32 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus RECONSTRUCTED TRACKS CD unused new USD $14.00 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
*<* BEATLES "HELLO, GOODBYE": CLEAN M- 45 w/PICTURE SLEEVE from 1982 BOX SET! USD $20.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 USD $15.85 Buy It Now 8 days
The BEATLES Hello Goodbye Genesis Publication Promo Brochure Tokyo 1966 Poster USD $8.33 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles  Hello Goodbye Target exclusive in box with T-shirt US 45 7" sgl USA USD $35.00 [0 bids]
PAUL McCARTNEY Japan PROMO ONLY 1 track CD official THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye USD $161.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Rock The Beatles 45RPM Capitol Records Near Mint I Am The Walrus, Hello Goodbye USD $25.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles * HELLO,GOODBYE * BRITISH IMPORT 45 w/ PICTURE SLEEVE NM/NM USD $11.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Beatles-Hello, Goodbye-R 5655-Vinyl-7"-Single-Record-Lennon-McCartney-1960s USD $35.01 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS usa apple 2056 MINT MINUS pop 7" single USD $56.02 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS-HELLO GOODBYE- CAPITOL 5810-VINYL 4.0, SLEEVE 6.0 USD $70.00 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 EX+ F1/F3 STUNNING 2056 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WAL.. RARE ODEON RECORD GERMANY 7" 45prm USD $19.90 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am theWalrus (John wanted his 'Walrus' as A-side) USD $14.22 [0 bids]
USD $20.54 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Swedish 45PS 1967 USD $12.68 Buy It Now 10 days
NM 45RPM THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL RECORDS USD $25.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS". Northern Songs, Sweden NCB 1967 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7-inch Vinyl with L/XL T-Shirt USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am The Walrus 7" Vinyl Re-Issue with LARGE T-shirt USD $56.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Hello Goodbye by The Beatles 7" single 45rpm (1968 Capitol 2056) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is a single release by UK rock act The Beatles. The single was released through Parlophone Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US in November 1967.

The A-side track "Hello, Goodbye" is a pleasant melodic pop song penned by Paul McCartney even though it´s credited to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team. The B-side to the single is the psychadelic John Lennon penned "I Am The Walrus". There were Supposedly disputes over which of the two tracks should be the A-side track but Paul McCartney was backed by producer George Martin who felt that "Hello Goodbye" had more commercial potential than the more experimental "I Am The Walrus". The single went number 1 in both the US and the UK charts and stayed there for 7 weeks.

Both tracks appear on the US/Canadian album release of the "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)" album, while only "I Am The Walrus" was featured on the UK double EP release of "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)". The compositional quality of both tracks are high, and as a single release "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is quite interesting because the two tracks are so different in sound and style. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I think that 1967 was a great musical year for THE BEATLES, having previously released two great singles ("Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane", "All You Need is Love" / "Baby, You're a Rich Man") and a great album ("Sgt. Pepper's...."). In late 1967 they also were going to release in the U.K. a double-EP project with the songs from their "Magical Mystery Tour" film (with the film being very criticized, but at least the music of the film was better for some critics) and this "Hello, Goodbye" / "I Am the Walrus" single. In the U.S., all the songs from these singles and the double-EP were released in an LP titled "Magical Mystery Tour", with it being one of their best U.S. releases. All these songs have some Psychedelic influences, so they worked very well being released together in that LP in the U.S.

"Hello, Goodbye", composed by McCartney, is more accessible than "I Am The Walrus". It has a string arrangement done by George Martin. This song is a very clear example of how some songs from the band were mixed in Stereo by Martin, with the string arrangements apperaring in one channel, and the band's instruments in the other channel.

"I Am the Walrus", composed by Lennon, is more Psychedelic, more "dark" in lyrical content, more "mysterious", more heavy, and more elaborated in its recording. I prefer this song more than "Hello, Goodbye", being a very good example of Psychedelic music, even if the lyrics have no apparent sense, at least for me. It also has an orchestral arrangement done by Martin, plus some strange sound effects and other experiments used in its recording. It also became an influential song for other bands, with SPOOKY TOOTH recording their own heavy version of the song for their "The Last Puff" album in 1970, and with TEARS FOR FEARS's "Sowing the Seeds of Love" song from 1989 being very infuenced in style by "I Am the Walrus".

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"