HELLO GOODBYE

The Beatles Hello Goodbye album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Hello, Goodbye (3.30)
2. I Am The Walrus (4.35)

Search THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye lyrics

Search THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label Parlophone
Catalogue No. R 5655
Matrix Numbers 7XCE 18433-1 (Hello Goodbye)
7XCE 18434-1 (Walrus)
Release Date 24th November 1967
U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 29th November 1967
Highest Position : 1 ... for 7 weeks from 6th December
Weeks in Chart : 12 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Music

hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm singlehello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Vinyl$488.99

The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus USD $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 52m
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE 7" VINYL USD $8.62 Buy It Now 3h 52m
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE 45 RECORD - 6C2 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 14h 24m
THE BEATLES ORIG 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE RARE LABEL FONT EXCELLENT USD $66.38 Buy It Now 15h 13m
THE BEATLES , I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE USD $3.25 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PARLOPHONE UK Press 7" 45 EX USD $19.12 Buy It Now 20h 14m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye Walrus 7" Rare Danish PS R5655 Psych 1967 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 21h 31m
AMAZING !!!~BEATLES~HELLO, GOODBYE~67 PARLOPHONE 45~RARE LIKE THIS! EX++ USD $33.20 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7-inch Vinyl & T-Shirt Package Hello Goodbye Black shirt L/XL USD $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 1ST PRESSING 1967 USD $4.53 [7 bids]
THE BEATLES TAPE LOT Ticket To Ride Paperback Writer Hello Goodbye Lonely Hearts USD $24.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot 4 BEATLES 45rpm- Yellow Submarine, Hello Goodbye, Lady Madonna, Revolution USD $8.00 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT ++ USD $53.10 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 1967 Capitol Vinyl Record USD $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL UK Parlophone 1982 Solid Centre Label Design USD $21.56 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL UK Parlophone 1967 4 Pronged Sold In Uk Text USD $14.59 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS USA CAPITOL 2056 SCRANTON SLEEVE USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES: HELLO GOODBYE 45/7 R 5655 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES 7" single Japan HELLO GOODBYE USD $15.80 Buy It Now 1 day
the beatles hello goodbye / iam the walrus 7" 1976 uk USD $3.17 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE MADE IN FRANCE EXCELLENT USD $53.10 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE DECCA PRESSING EXCELLENT + USD $39.82 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye 7" Vinyl USD $2.66 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE ORIGINAL DZUBOKS EDITION FLEXI RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 5" USD $19.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE 1976 PARLOPHONE UK 7" 2nd PRESS REISSUE, P/S USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 7" Hello Goodbye/ I am the walrus with USA Capitol Orig. sleeve USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS PICTURE SLEEVE #3 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye - ITALY 7"PS 45rpm 1967 RARE MISPRINT QMSE 16415 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
PYX Beatles 7" Record Carry Case + 14 Singles EP Hello Goodbye Need Love 10% Off USD $185.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE Parl 67 Contract 45 EX USD $19.90 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Swedish Sleeve USD $19.14 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles ORIG 1967 HELLO GOODBYE 45 record with PS RARE COMET MUSIC ISSUE USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PS - JAPAN - 7" 45RPM - Apple USD $38.47 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES PARLOPHONE ENGLAND I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM 1967 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 45RPM - RARE PROMO! - NOT FOR SALE! USD $141.90 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE ITALY 7"+PS PARLOPHON RARE WHITE SLEEVE WITH MISPRESS QMSE USD $119.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $49.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 45 "I Am The Walrus" and "Hello Goodbye" Record and Pic Sleeve Capit USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE", 7" SINGLE, DANISH, 1967, RARE! USD $27.59 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PARLOPHONE SOLID LABEL NM USD $45.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye U.S.Capitol Picture Sleeve 7" 1968 USD $27.50 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye" 7" Vinyl Single Plus T-Shirt Box Set New! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES (7") HELLO,GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS[1992 PARLOPHONE REISSUE 45 *RARE]NM USD $60.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye 1987 UK 7" Vinyl PICTURE DISC EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $53.10 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus '67 PSYCH 7" John Lennon McCartney USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $15.94 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye 1967 7" Parlophone R 5655 USD $6.63 [0 bids]
BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE 7" (R 5655) RARE REPRESS SOLID CENTRE PRESS USD $13.27 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 'Hello, Goodbye' 1968 Japanese 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $19.90 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES ORIG 1967 U.S. ' HELLO GOODBYE ' 45 RECORD SCARCE ' COMET MUSIC ' ISSUE! USD $1.00 [1 bids]
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 7" Vinyl Single R5655 Singles Collecti USD $6.57 Buy It Now 5 days
hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single, BEATLES,Good, Vinyl 45/7" with pi USD $25.99 Buy It Now 6 days
beatles-hello,goodby / i am the walrus 1967 first press parlophone R 5655 V/G+ USD $3.97 [0 bids]
The Beatles,Cap. 2056,"Hello Goodbye",US,7" 45 with P/S,original pressing,Mint- USD $69.99 [0 bids]
Beatles 7" vinyl single record Hello Goodbye Spanish DSOL66.082 ODEON 1967 USD $70.31 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL RECORDS 45 RPM USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye BRAZIL Single 7'' 1967 Odeon USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE UNIQUE Yugoslavian FLEXI 5'' NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES Hello goodbye French 45 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES I Am The Walrus Hello, Goodbye 1967 Original UK Release.45rpm USD $6.63 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO JOHN LENNON & RINGO STARR . V23 USD $6.63 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 HELLO GOODBYE PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P13 USD $9.28 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE ILLUSTRATION . Y61 USD $6.63 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye /I'm The Walrus"1967 CORRECT SLEEVE,Ex USD $14.61 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO GEORGE HARRISON PAUL MCCARTNEY V22 USD $6.63 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE  / I AM THE WALRUS 7" 45RPM SCARCE L.A. PRESSING USD $1.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " SUPER ORIG UK 7" RARE DECCA CONTRACT PRESS USD $26.54 Buy It Now 8 days
VINYL PS 7" 45 THE BEATLES ---HELLO, GOODBYE+1 ***ENGLAND*** USD $14.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD USD $14.85 Buy It Now 8 days
Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus ~ THE BEATLES Part Of Single Collection 45RPM USD $6.63 Buy It Now 8 days
MELODY MAKER 1967 NOV 11 BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE BAEZ USD $26.54 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great picture sleeve ! USD $38.00 Buy It Now 9 days
EX! THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE 20TH ANNIVERSARY 7" Vinyl Picture Pic Disc USD $46.58 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL AIRPLANE COVER USD $75.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus 45 Record Vinyl 2056 Yellowish Apple USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 HELLO GOODBYE PROMO PHOTOSHOOT . APPROX A3 . P6 USD $9.28 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE 45 RPM PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $9.28 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALUS 45 7" ODEON JAPAN ORIGINAL BLACK WAX USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE A0152 USD $17.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 10 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $7.78 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 RARE LABEl IMPORT R.5655 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 10 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE BEATLES 1976 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE NOT FOR SALE MANUFACTURERS PROPERTY USD $26.54 Buy It Now 11 days
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 11 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye 1967 (8315) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS RARE DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING 1967 USD $19.85 Buy It Now 11 days
THE BEATLES I am the walrus/hello goodbye PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $26.25 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(37%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(47%)

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is a single release by UK rock act The Beatles. The single was released through Parlophone Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US in November 1967.

The A-side track "Hello, Goodbye" is a pleasant melodic pop song penned by Paul McCartney even though it´s credited to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team. The B-side to the single is the psychadelic John Lennon penned "I Am The Walrus". There were Supposedly disputes over which of the two tracks should be the A-side track but Paul McCartney was backed by producer George Martin who felt that "Hello Goodbye" had more commercial potential than the more experimental "I Am The Walrus". The single went number 1 in both the US and the UK charts and stayed there for 7 weeks.

Both tracks appear on the US/Canadian album release of the "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)" album, while only "I Am The Walrus" was featured on the UK double EP release of "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)". The compositional quality of both tracks are high, and as a single release "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is quite interesting because the two tracks are so different in sound and style. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I think that 1967 was a great musical year for THE BEATLES, having previously released two great singles ("Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane", "All You Need is Love" / "Baby, You're a Rich Man") and a great album ("Sgt. Pepper's...."). In late 1967 they also were going to release in the U.K. a double-EP project with the songs from their "Magical Mystery Tour" film (with the film being very criticized, but at least the music of the film was better for some critics) and this "Hello, Goodbye" / "I Am the Walrus" single. In the U.S., all the songs from these singles and the double-EP were released in an LP titled "Magical Mystery Tour", with it being one of their best U.S. releases. All these songs have some Psychedelic influences, so they worked very well being released together in that LP in the U.S.

"Hello, Goodbye", composed by McCartney, is more accessible than "I Am The Walrus". It has a string arrangement done by George Martin. This song is a very clear example of how some songs from the band were mixed in Stereo by Martin, with the string arrangements apperaring in one channel, and the band's instruments in the other channel.

"I Am the Walrus", composed by Lennon, is more Psychedelic, more "dark" in lyrical content, more "mysterious", more heavy, and more elaborated in its recording. I prefer this song more than "Hello, Goodbye", being a very good example of Psychedelic music, even if the lyrics have no apparent sense, at least for me. It also has an orchestral arrangement done by Martin, plus some strange sound effects and other experiments used in its recording. It also became an influential song for other bands, with SPOOKY TOOTH recording their own heavy version of the song for their "The Last Puff" album in 1970, and with TEARS FOR FEARS's "Sowing the Seeds of Love" song from 1989 being very infuenced in style by "I Am the Walrus".

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"