HELLO GOODBYE

The Beatles Hello Goodbye album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Hello, Goodbye (3.30)
2. I Am The Walrus (4.35)

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label Parlophone
Catalogue No. R 5655
Matrix Numbers 7XCE 18433-1 (Hello Goodbye)
7XCE 18434-1 (Walrus)
Release Date 24th November 1967
U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 29th November 1967
Highest Position : 1 ... for 7 weeks from 6th December
Weeks in Chart : 12 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

Buy THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Music

hello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm singlehello goodbye / i am the walrus 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
$488.99
hello goodbye 45 rpm singlehello goodbye 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Hello GoodbyeHello Goodbye
Single
EMI Distribution 1989

Mega Rare IRAN EP 7" The Beatles - Hello Goodbye P/S USD $59.00 [1 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 Capitol w/ Pic Sleeve vg- USD $7.50 [6 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL RECORDS 45 RPM USD $22.49 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye BRAZIL Single 7'' 1967 Odeon USD $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 30m
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye (Holland 45 RPM + Picture Sleeve) USD $9.50 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye (BELGIUM 45 RPM + Picture Sleeve) USD $9.50 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye 1967 7" Parlophone R 5655 USD $7.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles PROMO 45 record HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS, Capitol 1967 USD $26.00 [10 bids]
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE UNIQUE Yugoslavian FLEXI 5'' NM USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 10m
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE 7" 45 RPM VG++/VG USD $14.00 Buy It Now 13h 6m
The Beatles - 45 RPM - I Am The Walrus - Hello Goodbye USD $9.95 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $36.99 Buy It Now 16h 18m
THE BEATLES~HELLO/GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS ~VERY GOOD CONDITION!! USD $17.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus, The Beatles, 45RPM Vinyl Single (7") USD $7.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES-hello goodbye/i am the walrus/45 picture SLEEVE - VINTAGE USD $17.15 [0 bids]
USD $24.50 Buy It Now
Beatles-Hello, Good Bye & I Am The Walrus 1967 Singles Cover Art Print 12"x12" USD $9.11 Buy It Now 1 day
3 The Beatles, 45 rpm, Lady Madonna / Paperback Writer / Hello Goodbye USD $7.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES - I Am The Walrus & Hello Goodbye 45 RPM Record (Capitol - 2056) USD $9.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE 45 RECORD SLEEVE ONLY V15 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus / Hello, Goodbye - RARE NICARAGUA 45 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus / Hello, Goodbye - RARE MEXICO 45 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
VINYL PS 7" 45 THE BEATLES ---HELLO, GOODBYE+1 ***ENGLAND*** USD $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles * HELLO,GOODBYE * BRITISH IMPORT 45 w/ PIC SLEEVE NM/NM- USD $20.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MELODY MAKER 1967 NOV 11 BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE BAEZ USD $28.03 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Picture Disc 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 20th Anniversary USD $44.16 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus ITALY (COVER) HOLLAND (VINYL) VG/VG+ USD $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS 1967 GERMANY Odeon 7" PS EX+/MINT- copy !!! USD $58.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Hello Goodbye - 1st - Solid - EX Beatles 7" vinyl single record UK R5655 USD $179.42 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE A0152 USD $17.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus ~ Capitol VG++ To M- USD $6.00 [1 bids]
BEATLES: HELLO, GOODBYE 45/7 R5655 NORWAY USD $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye 45 Record Good Condition Capitol 1967 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye/I am the walrus Singapore 1967 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - 1967 7" ITALY PARLOPHON USD $145.90 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles  Hello Goodbye Target exclusive in box with T-shirt US 45 7" sgl USA USD $42.05 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 RARE LABEl IMPORT R.5655 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye-1987 UK Picture Disc 45-NEAR MINT/UNPLAYED! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" SINGLE.PICTURE DISC.EX. USD $11.92 [8 bids]
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES I am the walrus/hello goodbye PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $15.97 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT RARE LABEL FONT USD $49.07 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES - HELLO,GOODBYE - 1967 7" VG+ LOTS MORE BEATLES IN MY EBAY SHOP LOOK!! USD $7.01 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE 7" VINYL USD $9.10 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - "Hello, Goodbye"-"I Am the Walrus" - 1st Pressing -Parlophone 1957 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 5 days
45 rpm/ The Beatles/ Hello Goodbye USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus S/M T-Shirt USD $37.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MEGA RARE THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE SINGAPORE VINYL 45 R5655 GREAT AUDIO WALRUS USD $35.04 [0 bids]
BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - FRANCE - Vintage 1967 First Pressing USD $74.37 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $84.12 Buy It Now 5 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $12.55 Buy It Now 5 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $16.76 Buy It Now 5 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $19.56 Buy It Now 5 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $22.37 Buy It Now 5 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $27.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl (C1) USD $98.15 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles 45 record HELLO GOODBYE, Capitol 1967 sleeve  USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE 7" VINYL USD $9.10 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS" ORIGINAL 45rpm CAPITOL 2056 SOUGHT USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Beatles 7" vinyl single record Hello Goodbye - 1st - VG UK R5655 PARLOPHONE USD $29.38 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE reissue X0229 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus USD $14.02 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 With Picture Sleeve 400 Yen USD $34.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES UK 1st Press Vinyl:A Hard Days Night Hello Goodbye I'm the Walrus VG USD $7.01 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 45 & PICTURE SLEEVE HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS USD $40.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Japanese Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles 7-Inch Vinyl/T-Shirt Combo - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - BRAND NEW! USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 HELLO GOODBYE ERA . JOHN LENNON PAUL MCCARTNEY . F1 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye UK 7" RARE UNKNOWN DECCA with SHINY OUTER RING Unusual USD $75.72 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 USD $15.72 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES 45rpm + Picture Sleeve Hello Goodbye b/w I Am the Walrus LISTEN USD $50.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles 'Hello Goodbye' 82cm X 60cm Poster USD $9.80 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES 20th ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC SINGLE 1987 HELLO GOODBYE/I AM WALRUS USD $39.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles 45 rpm Philippines 7" hello goodbye USD $50.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 2056 114-3II USD $4.79 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles ?- Hello Goodbye 7" Vinyl Scarce Pressed In France For UK Single USD $15.43 Buy It Now 9 days
"RARER" THE BEATLES..HELLO GOODBYE.DECCA CONTRACT PRESSING.VERY GOOD 1967 POP7" USD $21.02 Buy It Now 9 days
Rock The Beatles 45RPM Capitol Records Near Mint I Am The Walrus, Hello Goodbye USD $25.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles * HELLO,GOODBYE * BRITISH IMPORT 45 w/ PICTURE SLEEVE NM/NM USD $11.95 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS-HELLO GOODBYE- CAPITOL 5810-VINYL 4.0, SLEEVE 6.0 USD $70.00 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 EX+ F1/F3 STUNNING 2056 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WAL.. RARE ODEON RECORD GERMANY 7" 45prm USD $19.90 Buy It Now 9 days
PAUL McCARTNEY Japan PROMO ONLY 1 track CD official THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye USD $179.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Swedish 45PS 1967 USD $12.58 Buy It Now 10 days
NM 45RPM THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS & HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL RECORDS USD $25.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye - 7" Apple Single - 1971 - Los Angeles Press - New USD $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye - Japan - 7" Single - Gatefold PS - Odeon - 1968 - NM USD $25.00 Buy It Now 10 days
BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" "I am the Walrus" VG Condition USD $4.99 Buy It Now 10 days
BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" "I am the Walrus" G to G+ Condition USD $2.99 Buy It Now 10 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 apple USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is a single release by UK rock act The Beatles. The single was released through Parlophone Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US in November 1967.

The A-side track "Hello, Goodbye" is a pleasant melodic pop song penned by Paul McCartney even though itīs credited to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team. The B-side to the single is the psychadelic John Lennon penned "I Am The Walrus". There were Supposedly disputes over which of the two tracks should be the A-side track but Paul McCartney was backed by producer George Martin who felt that "Hello Goodbye" had more commercial potential than the more experimental "I Am The Walrus". The single went number 1 in both the US and the UK charts and stayed there for 7 weeks.

Both tracks appear on the US/Canadian album release of the "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)" album, while only "I Am The Walrus" was featured on the UK double EP release of "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)". The compositional quality of both tracks are high, and as a single release "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is quite interesting because the two tracks are so different in sound and style. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I think that 1967 was a great musical year for THE BEATLES, having previously released two great singles ("Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane", "All You Need is Love" / "Baby, You're a Rich Man") and a great album ("Sgt. Pepper's...."). In late 1967 they also were going to release in the U.K. a double-EP project with the songs from their "Magical Mystery Tour" film (with the film being very criticized, but at least the music of the film was better for some critics) and this "Hello, Goodbye" / "I Am the Walrus" single. In the U.S., all the songs from these singles and the double-EP were released in an LP titled "Magical Mystery Tour", with it being one of their best U.S. releases. All these songs have some Psychedelic influences, so they worked very well being released together in that LP in the U.S.

"Hello, Goodbye", composed by McCartney, is more accessible than "I Am The Walrus". It has a string arrangement done by George Martin. This song is a very clear example of how some songs from the band were mixed in Stereo by Martin, with the string arrangements apperaring in one channel, and the band's instruments in the other channel.

"I Am the Walrus", composed by Lennon, is more Psychedelic, more "dark" in lyrical content, more "mysterious", more heavy, and more elaborated in its recording. I prefer this song more than "Hello, Goodbye", being a very good example of Psychedelic music, even if the lyrics have no apparent sense, at least for me. It also has an orchestral arrangement done by Martin, plus some strange sound effects and other experiments used in its recording. It also became an influential song for other bands, with SPOOKY TOOTH recording their own heavy version of the song for their "The Last Puff" album in 1970, and with TEARS FOR FEARS's "Sowing the Seeds of Love" song from 1989 being very infuenced in style by "I Am the Walrus".

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"