HELLO GOODBYE

The Beatles Hello Goodbye album cover

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Hello, Goodbye (3.30)
2. I Am The Walrus (4.35)

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Label Parlophone
Catalogue No. R 5655
Matrix Numbers 7XCE 18433-1 (Hello Goodbye)
7XCE 18434-1 (Walrus)
Release Date 24th November 1967
U.K. Chart Detail :
Entry Date : 29th November 1967
Highest Position : 1 ... for 7 weeks from 6th December
Weeks in Chart : 12 Weeks

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

Buy THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye Music

hello goodbye 45 rpm singlehello goodbye 45 rpm single
CAPITOL
Hello GoodbyeHello Goodbye
Single
EMI Distribution 1989

Beatles Hello goodbye Japan USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I AM THE WALRUS Parlophone 7" (R5655) Excellent USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
The Beatles 45 "I Am The Walrus" and "Hello Goodbye" Record and Pic Sleeve Capit USD $30.00 Buy It Now 9h 24m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Danish 45PS 1967 Swedish Sleeve USD $18.28 Buy It Now 15h 25m
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" W/ Pic Sleeve USD $7.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45 7" 45RPM Album Record USD $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 19m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Ex CANADA 1967 PSYCH CAPITOL 45 7" USD $15.23 Buy It Now 18h 17m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE ITALY 7"+PS PARLOPHON RARE WHITE SLEEVE WITH MISPRESS QMSE USD $99.99 Buy It Now 20h
BEATLES 45 RPM I Am The Walrus/Hello Goodbye George Martin Label Capitol Slv EX USD $10.00 Buy It Now 21h 27m
The Beatles ?- Hello, Goodbye - Odeon ? O 23660 Picture Sleeve Germany - RARE USD $85.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - I AM THE WARLUS / HELLO GOODBYE TURKISH 7" TURKEY RARE USD $40.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye [45] VG Capitol Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 7" single 1967 Sweden/UK R 5655 USD $14.90 [0 bids]
BEATLES - Hello Goodbye - CD - Single - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $47.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles The Singles Collection Hello Goodbye w/ I Am the Walrus 7" EX! USD $6.09 [0 bids]
USD $11.42 Buy It Now
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye 1987 Reissue With Sleeve USD $13.70 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye - Capitol Records - 2056 - LP Vinyl Album 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
TRIBUTE TO BEATLES - Hello Goodbye: Songs Beatles Gave Away - CD - Excellent USD $51.95 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye UK 7" RARE UNKNOWN DECCA with SHINY OUTER RING Unusual USD $57.87 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles . Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus . 1967 Capitol Records 45 rpm VG USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Hello Goodbye Beatles Original UK 1st. Pressing 1967 In Near Mint Condition USD $6.61 [1 bids]
The Beatles 45 record HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS, Capitol 1967 sleeve  USD $4.03 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES IMPORT "HELLO GOODBYE" APPLE 2056-ref WT-147 USD $6.60 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES : Hello Goodbye-I am The Walrus SP 7" Holland PARLOPHONE R.5655 EX+ USD $34.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles I am The Walrus/Hello, Goodbye 45 rpm record w/Pic Sleeve 1967 Import USD $20.59 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES 7 SINGLE MADE IN PORTUGAL *HELLO GOODBYE* PDP.5083 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish Only '67 Parlophone R 5655 EX USD $33.06 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL RECORDS 45 RPM USD $22.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye BRAZIL Single 7'' 1967 Odeon USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Record - Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus USD $5.28 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES UK 1st Press Vinyl:A Hard Days Night Hello Goodbye I'm the Walrus VG USD $6.61 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles: I Am The Walrus/HelloGoodbye 7" 45 rpm USD $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 3" CD single (CD3) Hello Goodbye UK CD3R5655 PARLOPHONE 1989 USD $31.08 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles--Germany--''Hello Goodbye'' 7'' Single--Plane cover USD $44.51 [0 bids]
Beatles - Canadian 1980s stereo 45 - "Hello Goodbye" / "I Am The Walrus" - NM USD $26.66 [2 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye Factory Sample + 2 Blank Label Singles Rare UK 1st USD $26.46 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus GER 7in 1967 /4* USD $25.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE", 7" SINGLE, DANISH, 1967, RARE! USD $32.19 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE - 1967 7" VG+ 1/1 MATRIX NUMBERS - LOTS MORE BEATLES!! USD $6.61 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES 45 (NM) & Cover PS (VG+) CANADA Tall Font - Hello Goodbye/I Am the Wal.. USD $9.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles - 45 RPM - I Am The Walrus - Hello Goodbye USD $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE 45 RECORD SLEEVE ONLY V15 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye CD (John Lennon/Paul McCartney) new promo single USD $17.98 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $31.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye CAPITOL 2056 45rpm 1967 VG- USD $3.00 [0 bids]
VINYL PS 7" 45 THE BEATLES ---HELLO, GOODBYE+1 ***ENGLAND*** USD $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
MELODY MAKER 1967 NOV 11 BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE BAEZ USD $26.45 Buy It Now 5 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $13.23 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS JAPAN 7" vinyl ODEON USD $21.15 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus ITALY (COVER) HOLLAND (VINYL) VG/VG+ USD $59.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS ! 45 Capitol Records ! USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Beatles--Germany--''Hello Goodbye'' 7'' Single--Very Rare Cover--Excellent USD $111.27 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE ORIGINAL DZUBOKS EDITION FLEXI RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 5" USD $9.90 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye 7" vinyl OR-1838 c/w I am the Walrus John Lenon USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE A0152 USD $17.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Original 45 Record Capitol 2056 USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Odeon USD $10.58 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $63.75 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 6 days
CD-3 The Beatles - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus CD 3" Single RARE HTF USD $17.50 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles CD3 Single Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Longbox Sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles 'HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS' FRENCH EXPORT COPY! NICE CONDITION! USD $19.84 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles Picture Disc 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 20th Anniversary USD $50.26 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Hello, Goodbye Pete Best & The Beatles Mag Cutting USD $15.57 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles/Hello Goodbye 3 Inch CD Single Tower Records NOS USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles  Hello Goodbye Target exclusive in box with T-shirt US 45 7" sgl USA USD $26.45 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye" Vinyl 45 rpm Single VG+ w/ Pic Sleeve USD $80.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES ORIGINAL 1967 UK 45 HELLO GOODBYE EXCELLENT RARE LABEL FONT USD $46.29 Buy It Now 8 days
45 rpm/ The Beatles/ Hello Goodbye USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS /HELLO GOODBYE R 5655 USD $3.97 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - CAPITOL 2056 - 45 Record VG USD $2.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus S/M T-Shirt USD $37.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Press Photo for The Beatles Anthology - Hello, Good Bye USD $13.22 [0 bids]
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $11.84 Buy It Now 9 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $15.81 Buy It Now 9 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $18.46 Buy It Now 9 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $21.10 Buy It Now 9 days
? THE BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye ? song lyrics poster art print A1 A2 A3 A4 USD $26.39 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO GEORGE HARRISON PAUL MCCARTNEY V22 USD $6.60 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE . HELLO GOODBYE PROMO JOHN LENNON & RINGO STARR . V23 USD $6.60 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES HELLO,GOODBYE ITALY 7"PS 45RPM SINGLE USD $19.99 [1 bids]
PAUL McCARTNEY Japan PROMO ONLY 1 track CD THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye OFFICIAL! USD $152.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES ~ HELLO GOODBYE CD ~ CD3 SINGLE CONTAINS TWO SONGS LONG BOX ~ SEALED USD $99.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES 7" PS Japan HELLO GOODBYE reissue X0229 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus USD $13.23 Buy It Now 10 days
BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - FRANCE - Vintage 1967 First Pressing USD $69.37 Buy It Now 10 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 With Picture Sleeve 400 Yen USD $29.74 Buy It Now 10 days
3 From the Beatles Let It Be Come Together Hello Goodbye 45 Records 45RPM USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Beatles * HELLO,GOODBYE * BRITISH IMPORT 45 w/ PICTURE SLEEVE NM/NM USD $11.95 Buy It Now 10 days
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE BEATLES - "Hello, Goodbye"-"I Am the Walrus" - 1st Pressing -Parlophone 1957 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 HELLO GOODBYE ERA . JOHN LENNON PAUL MCCARTNEY . F1 USD $6.60 Buy It Now 11 days
The BEATLES Record Covers Playing Card fridge magnet - VARIOUS USD $6.95 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is a single release by UK rock act The Beatles. The single was released through Parlophone Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US in November 1967.

The A-side track "Hello, Goodbye" is a pleasant melodic pop song penned by Paul McCartney even though itīs credited to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team. The B-side to the single is the psychadelic John Lennon penned "I Am The Walrus". There were Supposedly disputes over which of the two tracks should be the A-side track but Paul McCartney was backed by producer George Martin who felt that "Hello Goodbye" had more commercial potential than the more experimental "I Am The Walrus". The single went number 1 in both the US and the UK charts and stayed there for 7 weeks.

Both tracks appear on the US/Canadian album release of the "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)" album, while only "I Am The Walrus" was featured on the UK double EP release of "Magical Mystery Tour (1967)". The compositional quality of both tracks are high, and as a single release "Hello, Goodbye / I Am the Walrus" is quite interesting because the two tracks are so different in sound and style. A 4 star (80%) rating is deserved.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I think that 1967 was a great musical year for THE BEATLES, having previously released two great singles ("Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane", "All You Need is Love" / "Baby, You're a Rich Man") and a great album ("Sgt. Pepper's...."). In late 1967 they also were going to release in the U.K. a double-EP project with the songs from their "Magical Mystery Tour" film (with the film being very criticized, but at least the music of the film was better for some critics) and this "Hello, Goodbye" / "I Am the Walrus" single. In the U.S., all the songs from these singles and the double-EP were released in an LP titled "Magical Mystery Tour", with it being one of their best U.S. releases. All these songs have some Psychedelic influences, so they worked very well being released together in that LP in the U.S.

"Hello, Goodbye", composed by McCartney, is more accessible than "I Am The Walrus". It has a string arrangement done by George Martin. This song is a very clear example of how some songs from the band were mixed in Stereo by Martin, with the string arrangements apperaring in one channel, and the band's instruments in the other channel.

"I Am the Walrus", composed by Lennon, is more Psychedelic, more "dark" in lyrical content, more "mysterious", more heavy, and more elaborated in its recording. I prefer this song more than "Hello, Goodbye", being a very good example of Psychedelic music, even if the lyrics have no apparent sense, at least for me. It also has an orchestral arrangement done by Martin, plus some strange sound effects and other experiments used in its recording. It also became an influential song for other bands, with SPOOKY TOOTH recording their own heavy version of the song for their "The Last Puff" album in 1970, and with TEARS FOR FEARS's "Sowing the Seeds of Love" song from 1989 being very infuenced in style by "I Am the Walrus".

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"