LOSS ANGELES

T.O.C. Loss Angeles album cover

Buy T.O.C. Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. The Window (4:54)
2. Mary Lou Is Dead (5:23)
3. Acid Highway (5:11)
4. Gothamburg (6:03)
5. Blue Lady (5:20)
6. Wait (3:51)
7. The Blue Lady Suite (1:25)
8. Break-A-Neck (2:59)
9. Bite The Bullet (6:44)
10. Smoke On The Water (2:27)

Search T.O.C. Loss Angeles lyrics

- Rasmus Nora / bass
- Carl Sjoblom / keyboards
- Snake Laitinen / drums

Spinefarm/InsideOut Music

Thanks to Plankowner for the addition

T.O.C. MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy T.O.C. Loss Angeles Music

More places to buy T.O.C. music online Buy T.O.C. & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

T.O.C. Loss Angeles ratings distribution

T.O.C. Loss Angeles reviews

Review by b_olariu
4 stars T.O.C. or Throne of Chaos is now a disbanded band since 2005, but their music is still present in prog metal zone. This is a finish band who release three full lenght albums, this one Loss angels is the third one from 2003. From the first time I heared this album I was very pleasent surprised, the mixt bag of intristing ideas. Loss angels is their final album and is a prog metal release with many influences from post metal to a more power metal elements and even some thrash elements here and there. I have this album sine he was release in 2003 by Inside Out, and since than I played constantly, realy impressed by the vocalist Tuomas Nieminen, great voice capable to turn a weak piece into a great one.He's voice is from slow to more hursh if the mood needs it. The rest of the musicians are skillfull and that's shown in every piece from here. From fast riffs a la power metal and double bass pedals, Snake Laitinen tries and succed to make some spectacular moves on drums. The twin guitar players are great, creating some intristing chops and very delightfull moments on solos. All in all TOC did it with this album. Realy intristing stuff,desearve a better recognition, even if they are disbanded for a 4 years. I can't think to a band with siliar sound, maybe early In Flames albums but without that rough and hursh attitude. A real solid album, totaly unknown by many listners and they desearve much more. The best pieces are all, not a weak moment, here are two cover versions, one from Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water , who is here in this context more rapid and more heavier than the original but nontheless a great interpretation and my CD has as bonus track the second cover version - Judas Priest - Painkiller, well, here we have all we need from TOC, this piece fits like a glove in their sound, brilliant played. Finaly I will give without hesitation 4 stars, quite unknow and underrated band, recommended, a pleasent surprise for me in the first place and still pleasent to listen today after 6 years from the first issue.
Review by UMUR
3 stars Loss Angeles is the third full-length studio album by Finnish progressive power metal act Throne of Chaos. Or actually T.O.C. as the group changed their name after being tired of being linked to melodic death metal. A music style they embraced on their debut album.

Loss Angeles sees the band further developing the power metal style they initiated on their second full-length studio album Pervertigo (2002) and adding a few more progressive ideas. The music is still mostly in the euro power metal style though and I actually struggle to find much progressive about their music but there are hints here and there. Youll find thrash metal riffing here and there on the album too. I think Sonata Arctica is the closest Ill come to a comparison ( well minus the thrashy riffing of course). The singing is mostly clean and new lead vocalist Tuomas Nieminen is a very skilled and powerful singer. He does pull out the tough guy raw vocals on occasion though. Most prominantly in the song Break-A-Neck. Thereby maintaining a small link to their Children of Bodom clone days.

The music on Loss Angeles is well executed in every way possible. The production is well sounding and professional, the compositions are well written and the musicianship is impeccable but T.O.C. still fail to captivate me. As said above not because the music isnt professional and well played but because its not very innovative. Ive simply heard this album hundreds of times before released under different artist names. Maybe its a hard critisism and some might even find it unfair, but when you are content with playing just about the same as everyone else who plays this style Im simply not impressed. As it is a professional album Ill still have to hand out a 3 star rating, but with the reputation that Loss Angeles has I had expected much more than this.

Post a review of T.O.C. "Loss Angeles"