DAVID LIVE

* Warren Peace - backing vocals

RCA - 1974
Rykodisc/EMI Reissue 1990
EMI/Virgin Reissue 2005

Thanks to micky for the addition

Buy DAVID BOWIE David Live Music

David Live (2005 Mix) (Remastered Version)(3LP)David Live (2005 Mix) (Remastered Version)(3LP)
Rhino/Parlophone 2017
$26.70
Parlophone 2006
$10.59
David Live: David Bowie At The Tower PhiladelphiaDavid Live: David Bowie At The Tower Philadelphia
Extra tracks
Rykodisc
$99.99
Stage (Live) - The Man Who Sold The World - David Bowie 2 CD Album BundlingStage (Live) - The Man Who Sold The World - David Bowie 2 CD Album Bundling
Box set · Special Edition
Various
$27.99
Reissued
Capitol 1998
$24.99
Virgin Records Us 2006
$179.99
David Live (2016 Remaster)David Live (2016 Remaster)
WARNER 2017
$26.55
David Bowie: Modern Love (3:56 Stereo STUDIO Version) B/w Modern Love (3:43 Stereo LIVE Version)David Bowie: Modern Love (3:56 Stereo STUDIO Version) B/w Modern Love (3:43 Stereo LIVE Version)
Original recording · Limited Edition
EMI America Records
$24.99
David Bowie: Live Nassau Coliseum '76 [2xWinyl]David Bowie: Live Nassau Coliseum '76 [2xWinyl]
Warner Music
$26.55

David Bowie - David Live - DVD Audio 5.1 Surround Sound - 2005 Release USD $35.99 [7 bids]
DAVID BOWIE with Spiders from Mars (LIVE) (LP/33rpm) 1973 WRMB 306 USD $45.00 [0 bids]
David Live [Virgin] by David Bowie (CD, Feb-2005, 2 Discs, Emi) USD $12.99 Buy It Now
RARE CD!!! David Bowie-Live at Nassau Coliseum In New York City 2/12/1976 USD $15.99 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Live Nassau Coliseum '76 JAPAN 2 CD SET USD $27.80 Buy It Now 22m 53s
LP: David Bowie - OCTOBER 20, 1972 LIVE IN CONCERT [Unofficial] Santa Monica '72 USD $45.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - STAGE (LIVE) (2017 REMASTERED VERSION) 2 CD NEW+ USD $30.82 Buy It Now 1h 40m
DAVID BOWIE david live (original uk press) DOUBLE LP EX/EX- APL 2-0771 glam 1 USD $42.27 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Iggy Pop - Lust For Life (1990) Europe CD w/DAVID BOWIE**NEAR MINT** USD $6.59 Buy It Now 4h 4m
David Bowie Life on Mars single USD $2.63 [0 bids]
David Bowie David Live Australian 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) CPL20771 USD $39.93 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Welcome To The Blackout (Live London... David Bowie UK 2 CD (Double CD) USD $31.01 Buy It Now 4h 12m
DAVID BOWIE " NEVER GET OLD: LIVE ON STAGE FROM 1990 TO 2004 " 8 CD BOX, LTD.ED. USD $144.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie David Live DVD-Audio disc UK 8743049 EMI 2005 USD $103.63 Buy It Now 4h 53m
David Live - 180gram Vinyl... David Bowie 3-LP (Triple ) UK USD $48.63 Buy It Now 5h 11m
DAVID BOWIE david live (original uk press) DOUBLE LP EX/EX- APL 2-0771 glam 1974 USD $46.45 Buy It Now 5h 36m
30/9/78PNO9 ADVERT: DAVID BOWIE STAGE LIVE DOUBLE ALBUM 0F 78 TOUR 15X11 USD $33.00 Buy It Now 6h 42m
CUTTING/ADVERT: 2/11/74PMM35 DAVID BOWIE LIVE DOUBLE ALBUM 15X12 TOWER PHILAD USD $33.00 Buy It Now 6h 48m
POSTER SIZE ADVERT 15X12" LIVE DOUBLE ALBUM DAVID BOWIE STAGE USD $33.00 Buy It Now 6h 50m
david bowie mask cast. life face cast life size bust......Ziggy Stardust USD $79.21 Buy It Now 6h 56m
DAVID BOWIE LIVE 1974 - TOWER PHILADELPHIA - GERMAN BLACK RCA 1982 USD $32.99 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Used David Bowie Live In Montreal 1983 INP014 with OBI USD $22.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
David Bowie - Cracked Actor (Live Los Angeles 74) [CD] USD $17.31 Buy It Now 9h
Reproduction David Bowie Concert Poster, Live USD $15.84 Buy It Now 9h 59m
DAVID BOWIE Live Concert RECORD LP VINYL 70's Press NASSAU 1976 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 11h 3m
1983 David Bowie Modern Love Live Version 7 Inch Vinyl B-8177 and Picture Sleeve USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
David Bowie - David Live (NEW CD) USD $15.83 Buy It Now 14h
David Bowie When I Live My Dream Rare German comp. Deram tracks dress cover USD $13.19 Buy It Now 14h 15m
DAVID BOWIE RECORD STORE DAY 2018 WELCOME TO THE BLACKOUT LIVE IN LONDON 78 3 LP USD $56.00 [0 bids]
David Bowie LIVE! - Royal Mail Mint Stamp Packs - March 2017 USD $5.28 Buy It Now 14h 40m
DAVID BOWIE New Sealed Ltd Ed 2018 LIVE 1987 AUSTRALIA CONCERT 2 CD SET USD $20.99 Buy It Now 15h 33m
DAVID BOWIE - Hunky Dory - CD Album *Remastered (2015)* *Changes, Life On Mars* USD $5.93 Buy It Now 15h 47m
DAVID BOWIE 'DAVID LIVE' DOUBLE VINYL LP UK 1ST PRESS 1974 RCA APL2-0771 USD $7.91 [0 bids]
ONXRT - Live From The Archives Volume 8 CD - Robert Plant David Bowie The Cure USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 28m
David Bowie "David Live" Vinyl 2x LP UK 1st Press RCA Orange Labels EX+ USD $19.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - LIVE SANTA MONICA '72 - NEW VINYL LP USD $35.63 Buy It Now 20h 16m
DAVID BOWIE Moonlight Exhibition - Birmingham UK Live 1983 2xLP vinyl RARE! USD $10.50 [3 bids]
Stage by David Bowie 2005 2-Disc CD EMI Virgin Digipak Live Album Art Rock Soul USD $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 9m
DAVID BOWIE "EARTHLING IN THE CITY" 1997 GQ 6TRX.PROMO EX.COND.3 RARE LIVE TRX.! USD $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 50m
David Bowie Live CPL 2-007 RCA Original 12"LP 33 RPM Vinyl Record EX USD $5.50 [5 bids]
David Bowie - Beauty And The Beast/Blackout (LIVE) - SEALED Picture Disc PD 7" USD $19.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Be My Wife/Speed Of Life - 1977 German Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $19.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Live CD Vintage USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
David Bowie Record Store Day 2017 Cracked Actor (Live Los Angeles '74) RSD Vinyl USD $159.99 Buy It Now 23h 47m
SEALED AUDIOPHILE 180 GRAM GLAM ROCK DBL LP: DAVID BOWIE LIVE SANTA MONICA '72 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Saturday Night Live 25 Years Vol. 1 sting David Bowie, Tom Petty USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Be My Wife 7" VINYL France Rca 1977 B/W Speed Of Life (Pb1017) Pic USD $264.02 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Live VIDEO UK Videoform Pal Format Vhs Cassette Rated U. Features 9 USD $18.67 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE (7") MODERN LOVE (+LIVE) [EMI GERMAN 1983 PS 45 VINYL POP ROCK]EX USD $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE DAVID BOWIE POSTER - ZIGGY STARDUST LIVE AT THE RAINBOW Pink Floyd USD $32.94 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE hits LIVE concert CD montreal canada 1987 GOLDEN YEARS absolute begi USD $199.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Live in Santa Monica '72 by David Bowie (CD, Mar-1995, Griffin) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Time Life Sounds Of The Eighties Rockin Eighties David Bowie ZZ Top MINT CD USD $22.45 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie David Live (2005 Mix) (Rmst) vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $60.02 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie Live Nassau Coliseum 76 vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $51.87 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE - David Live (ryko) - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Tin Machine David Bowie inc RARE LIVE B SIDES CD Single Prisoner Of Love USD $42.23 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie Live Nassau Coliseum ' 76 2CD from WCIBN ? USD $8.66 [0 bids]
David Bowie Live The Beat Goes On 2LP USD $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE "LIVE IN SANTA MONICA 72" CD NEW+ USD $25.06 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Live In Berlin Time ISelect Brooklyn Museum Vinyl Orange Silver Red USD $199.00 [0 bids]
USD $299.00 Buy It Now
DAVID BOWIE Live Gig Concert Repro Reproduction Posters Advert Vintage x2 USD $26.34 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Live Gig Concert Repro Reproduction Poster Advert Vintage USD $10.49 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie Live StampCards Postcards new USD $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie Live StampCards Postcards new USD $3.04 Buy It Now 1 day
F2 POSTER SIZE ADVERT 15X11" DAVID BOWIE : DAVID LIVE & DIAMOND DOGS ALBUMS USD $33.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE ~ ROCK & ROLL WITH ME/PANIC IN DETROT (non Lp LIVE) ~ 1974 RCA 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
45RPM RECORD BY DAVID BOWIE-BE MY WIFE / SPEED OF LIFE USD $14.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - DAVID LIVE 2LP VINYL RECORD ALBUM USD $11.00 [0 bids]
Live Santa Monica 72 - David Bowie Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $22.87 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie: Life On Mars? / The Man Who Sold The World 7" 45 RCA UK Pressing VG USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE , DAVID LIVE . JAP PRESS 2 LP . USD $13.20 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE- LIVE BOSTON USA JULY 1974- RARE LIMITED JAPAN 2 CD USD $79.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE- LIVE BOSTON USA NOVEMBER 1974- RARE LIMITED JAPAN 2 CD USD $79.00 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie SEALED Cracked Actor, LA 74 Live , 3 LP DISC RSD2017 Limited Issue USD $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie BE MY WIFE / ART DECADE (LIVE) New Vinyl Picture Disc 7" Single USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE Life On Mars / Man Who Sold.. RCA BLACK LABEL UK Press 7" 45 VINYL USD $15.84 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE-A NIGHT WITH THE DUKE 2LP 1987 LIVE IN MILANO PROMO COPY w/INSERT USD $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE.DAVID LIVE AT THE PHILADELPHIA TOWER.2016 PARLOPHONE.3LP.SEALED MINT USD $32.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE DAVID LIVE 2 LP NM VINYL VG+ SLEEVE ORIGINAL 1974 RELEASE RCA USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
IGGY POP & DAVID BOWIE. IGGY & ZIGGY LIVE IN SEATTLE 4/9/77. 1977. USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SEU JORGE The Life Aquatic Studio Sessions NEW CASSETTE David Bowie covers USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - Live In Santa Monica `72 [2LP] (180 Gram) VINYL LP NEW USD $36.70 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie At The Tower Philadelphia- Live, 2 CD set USD $10.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Live Nassau Coliseum '76 - Double CD - New USD $18.26 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - Stage (2017) [Live] - Double CD - New USD $18.26 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - Cracked Actor (Live Los Angeles '74) - Double CD - New USD $18.26 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - David Live (2005 Mix) [Remastered Version] - Double CD - New USD $18.26 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - Live In Santa Monica '72 - CD - New USD $16.98 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - David Live - Double CD - New USD $15.97 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - Live Nassau Coliseum '76 - Double LP Vinyl - New USD $24.51 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie - Live Santa Monica '72 - Double LP Vinyl - New USD $33.29 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bowie "Live 1972" Japan CD w/OBI 1st press picture CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tin Machine Live 89 Maggie's Farm Japan CD Single OBI Factory Sealed David Bowie USD $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BOWIE LIVE Stockholm DBL LP VINYL 2 Record SET Album 1979 IMPORT Rare NM USD $11.50 [5 bids]
DAVID BOWIE LIVE Philadelphia DBL LP Vinyl RECORD ALBUM 1974 CPL2-0771 RCA NM USD $12.50 [9 bids]

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

DAVID BOWIE David Live ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(14%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(29%)

DAVID BOWIE David Live reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars IS DAVID REALLY ALIVE?

In those remote days, David was only concentrating on the UK and the US as far as live appearances were concerned (to the best of my knowledge).

This live album was the first opportunity for the continental European fans (as I was) to share the thrill of one of his concerts. And I have to say that I was never really over-enthusiast about this recording.

Track list IS impressive, but the rendition of most of these great numbers are average. Actually, the Bowie sound was just evolving from his great Ziggy years (I can't help to remind those ones.) and the upcoming soul times ("Young Americans). IMO, it was a painful change. From the best to the worse.

A few Ziggy's numbers here and there were not a great idea. In his following live album, David will group them one after the other, which was a far much clever idea. At least, I feel so.

Lots of wind instrument for this "Diamond Dogs" tour, but again it is just precursory of what is going to happen a few months later. Needless to say, David is not in his best shape either. Drugs have a tremendous impact both physically (he looked closer to the "Frankenstein" creature than anything else) and creatively. Listen to this version of "Changes" to get an idea.

None of the numbers are superior (nor even equaled) to their studio counterparts, mostly because of their afro-jazz influence.

To make a long story short, I would pinpoint "All The Young Dudes"; even if I far much prefer the version from "Mott The Hoople" on their fantastic live album. Still, it was the first opportunity to hear a live Bowie version which makes this one a potentially interesting moment.

I believe that a GREAT occasion has been missed with the release of this live album. Probably a tour too late to do so. But some might say, better late than never. I would say that this first live album is just average because of the whole soul influence and needless wind instruments . It could have led to a masterpiece, but of course we are far from this.

The bad habit of making some easy money with fan's addiction will lead to re-create the concert with the set list in the proper sequence in a later release. This is exactly what I just hate. Being Bowie or whoever it might be.

Average to good, this is how I would rate this album. And Earl Slick, nor Mike Garson won't help this crash. The worse being reached with an absolutely dreadful version of "The Jean Genie". Help!!!

Too many flat versions of great songs, too little passion, too much sax and related stuff (just listen to the disastrous first half of "The Width."). Where are the rocking days?

Same feeling as in 1975. Two stars.

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars I´ve got to admit that I like this album. More than in 1975, I should say. The CD version sounds a little brighter than my old vinyl copy. Still, it is quite below expectations for Bowie´s first ever live offering, especially if you consider the set list. Clearly, something is not right with most of the songs. And it´s hard to point where or what.

Actually the album starts very well, with a stunning, powerful, better-than-studio version of 1984. This track really soars and give me goose bumps everytime I hear it even today. Everything works on this song and it´s the album highlight for me. Moonage Daydream is also very good, but Rebel Rebel starts the letdown. This rocking tune should work perfectly live, but this rendition just pales if you think about the original one. And so it goes. Sweet Thing even drags on for over 8 minutes (even if is partially saved by Mike Garson elegant piano).

All the muscians involved are very good, but the band just does not seem to click. The backing vocals are fantastic, but they alone can´t save the show. Bowie was in a transition state, between his space age character and his new, thin white duke persona (soon to be presented to the world with his Young Americans LP that was released a few months after DL). So the song arrangements reflected that, because they show definitive schizofrenic playing. Not soul enough, not too rocking either.

This is not to say David Live is a bad record. Bowie´s talent as songwriter and perfomer was too big to give a less than a good performance. It was only disappointing when compared to his live shows before that, especially the ones he played along with his former sidekick Mick Ronson and the Spiders From Mars. The album has its moments, but could be a lot better ( and I mean, a LOT better). My rating keeps swinging somewhere between 2 and 3 stars. So a 2,5 star rating is more fitting.

Review by tarkus1980
2 stars I don't hate this quite as much as seemingly everybody else does (the rating at PA is a good deal higher than what I'd expect to see elsewhere), but that doesn't mean I find it very good. The quick and dirty summary that usually goes with this album is that this is the recording where Bowie decided to reinterpret his back catalogue as plastic soul numbers, but that doesn't quite nail it. I'd almost go so far as to say that if that really fully described this album, I could actually dig this; as is, this album has more fundamental problems than one would imagine just from reading the usual descriptions of it.

The first problem is that, while David and company certainly lean their performance in the direction of soul, they also make an attempt to have the performance qualify as arena rock, and the combination doesn't work well at all. There's a good chunk of electric guitar posturing, yes, but there's no real energy or power or anything along those lines that's required for decent arena rock. Look, I get that Bowie wanted to get away from his glam posturing of a couple of years previous, but I'd almost rather that he'd gone all out with his reinventions and completely ditched any rock presence whatsoever, somewhat like what he did on Young Americans (not that that's a great album, but it would be funny to hear the back catalogue sounding more like that than this). I mean, what's the point of hearing the guitar line of "Rebel Rebel" over and over again if it's going to be played in a lazy, boring manner? I'm not saying I'd want to hear more of the lazy saxophone wailing that Bowie seems to think is all you need to make something into soul, but if he'd spiced things up a bit, thrown some diversity and variety into the mix, and had basically taken more care in forming this concert (like, say, including more than one cover of an old soul song), he could have had his own Live at Budokan years before Dylan did it (and yes, I know most people don't like Dylan's reinventions there, but I think they're a crackup). Alas, pretty much everything gets pegged into the same halfhearted arena soul hole, and it's not a great time.

The second major fundamental problem is that Bowie's vocal performance is horrendous. His voice clearly starts to deteriorate less than a quarter into the show, and he becomes less and less able/willing hit the right notes with any significant power as time goes on. If ever somebody wanted to make a serious argument that Bowie is secretly a terrible singer, this concert would pretty much have to be exhibit 1a, wouldn't it? I'm not asking for exact duplication of studio performance, and I guess that Bowie thought that just getting roughly in the neighborhood of correct notes was what constituted "authentic" soul singing, but I don't think it would have been too much to ask for something better than what we got here.

As for the songs themselves, the upside is that most of the Diamond Dogs performances (and he ultimately does all of the material from that album except "Future Legend" and "We Are the Dead") are pretty good (aside from the travesty that is "Rebel Rebel" here), and "Time" ends up sounding right at home and goofily enjoyable as ever. Oh, and I guess "Space Oddity" sounds ok enough. On the downside, he massacres one previously good song after another from Man Who Sold the World through Aladdin Sane (as well as a so-corny-it's-almost-funny rendition of "All the Young Dudes"). What's funniest to me about these performances is that, especially because of the prominent saxophone wailings, these actually end up sounding a good deal like the pseudo-rock performances that crept up in Frank Zappa's final live tour, except Frank was more diverse and inventive in his rearrangements and constantly had tongue planted firmly in cheek. If you're going to have songs that are as heavily tied to great performance and clever arrangements as to solid melodies, then you have to have great performance and clever arrangements for them to work. Strip away those strengths and you're left with the muck that makes up this album.

Ultimately, I think there's more salvagable material here than many people might believe, but that's not saying much. If you absolutely have to get this, make sure you get the full remaster that restores the whole concert in order and has supposedly superior sound quality to the original (I'd hate to imagine how that would have sounded, as the sound here isn't exactly pristine), but you'd be better off just not getting it.

Review by Warthur
3 stars Bowie missed a trick here by not calling this one Live Oddity, because this is a truly strange live album. To many, it was a massive disappointment on its original release, because it offers little of the glam rock style which, as of Diamond Dogs, David was still most closely associated with.

With the Spiders having broken up (just as Ziggy promised they would be!), Bowie had cobbled together a new band led by Michael Kamen and performed his repertoire in a curious art rock style which worked in a bunch of influences, including a mild dose of the Philly soul which would in later legs of the tour come to dominate it sound and be the fulcrum of Young Americans.

At the same time, the space given to the band to jam away at times makes it feel a bit looser and more classic rock- oriented than that stylistically very disciplined album, whilst at points the presentation feels like it is trying to crawl towards something like Bowie's late-1970s art rock sound as on Station to Station without being entirely sure how to get there, Young Americans having been perhaps a necessary detour along the way to help Bowie get his sound in order before pushing on.

In terms of sound quality, it is alright in general, though it can be a little heavy on the audience noise and Bowie sometimes seems to be the worse for wear. This was the tour documented on the classic Cracked Actor documentary, of course, so we're coming into that bit of the 1970s where Bowie and cocaine where pretty much one and the same.

Ultimately, it's a mess, but it's an interesting enough mess that Bowie fans interested in this strange transitional time may find it worthwhile. It's at its best when it's doing the torch song type compositions, like Time from Aladdin Sane or the Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (Reprise) triptych from Diamond Dogs.

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "David Live"