THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Highlights: The Very Best of YesHighlights: The Very Best of Yes
Atlantic Records 1993
Best of: YESBest of: YES
Wea Int'l 1999
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Atlantic Records (1980-01-01)Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Atlantic Records (1980-01-01)
Atlantic Records (1980-01-01)
Yes - The Best of MusikladenYes - The Best of Musikladen
Geneon [Pioneer] 1999
DVD$24.89
Wonderous Stories-the Best of YesWonderous Stories-the Best of Yes
MUSIC CLUB DELUXE 2011
Roundabout: Best of Yes LiveRoundabout: Best of Yes Live
Music Club Records 2003
Greatest Hits by YES (2007-08-02)Greatest Hits by YES (2007-08-02)
Imports
Greatest Hits Live by YesGreatest Hits Live by Yes
Laserlight
Wonderous Stories: Best of by YES (2014-01-21)Wonderous Stories: Best of by YES (2014-01-21)
Music Club Deluxe

Various - Best of Progressive Rock (CD 2000) Argent; Nice; Family; Yes; Rundgren USD $2.49 [0 bids]
JON AND VANGELIS - The Best of (CD 1984) USA First Edition EXC (Yes) Art Rock USD $6.22 Buy It Now 11h 3m
Yes: Wonderous Stories, The Best of (2 CDs) USD $7.75 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Eddie Cantor Best Of inc Yes Sir That's My Baby + Cassette Tape - TESTED USD $8.73 Buy It Now 17h 27m
YES Roundabout CD UK Rca Victor 2003 7 Track Best Of (Mccd524) USD $11.10 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-199... USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Very Best of -CD+DVD- Yes CD USD $42.13 Buy It Now 1 day
YES Highlights / The Very Best Of CD USD $7.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) 782517-2 USD $5.39 Buy It Now 1 day
HARRY JAMES- Yes, Indeed! CD (1993) The Best of FEAT. Frank Sinatra/Lester Young USD $2.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes The Best of Yes 1970-1987 Japan CD obi AMCY-6051 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
CD YES HIGHLIGHTS VERY BEST OF New & Sealed 60 Minutes USD $7.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes CD Sep-1993, Atlantic) USD $6.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes "The Best of Yes 1970-1987" Japan Rare CD 1999 w/OBI OOP AMCY-6051 Rock USD $16.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $12.69 Buy It Now 2 days
YES - Highlights: The Very Best Of - 1993 Rock CD [BMG] BRAND NEW AND SEALED USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CASSETTE: YES Highlights best of ROCK POP PROG USD $5.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings by The Pointer Sisters... USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes We Can Can:best of the Blue Thumb - Sisters Pointer Compact Disc USD $12.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic ) LIKE NEW USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know My Way (Audio CD) USD $11.39 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know My Way 1998 by DANIELE,PINO USD $4.81 Buy It Now 3 days
YES "HIGHLIGHTS" (THE VERY BEST OF YES) DOLBY MX PRO CASSETTE 1993 USD $3.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can Can: The Best of the B... - Pointer Sisters CD PDVG USD $9.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Greatest Hits: Highlights, The Very Best Of [Remaster] by Yes CD Nice! #JC19 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
YES - Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes - CD - Atlantic/Bulgarian pressing, prog USD $8.55 Buy It Now 4 days
HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES [USED CD] USD $3.48 Buy It Now 4 days
BEST OF YES [USED CD] USD $7.11 Buy It Now 4 days
?? BEST OF SUMMER HITS "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie - BACCARA" NIP USD $11.56 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes Highlights The Very Best Of Yes Brand New CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Best of Yes 1970-1987 CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
YES WE CAN CAN: THE BEST OF THE BLUE THUMB RECORDINGS [USED CD] USD $6.48 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes - Best Of: 1970-1987 (NEW CD) USD $8.73 Buy It Now 5 days
YES -HIGHLIGHTS -THE VERY BEST OF- "WONDEROUS STORIES" "OWNER OF A LONELY HEART" USD $3.12 Buy It Now 5 days
YES: THE VERY BEST OF YES [USED DVD] USD $15.76 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEST OF PINO DANIELE: YES I KNOW MY WAY [USED CD] USD $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes: Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes Cassette 1993 Greatest Hits Atlantic BMG USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes, Highlights - The Very Best of Yes, Excellent USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes - Wonderous Stories: The Best Of Yes 2 x CD USD $13.74 Buy It Now 6 days
I Say Yes/Digo Si: The Best Of Donna Pena - Donna Pena (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Donna Pena - I Say Yes/Digo Si: The Best Of Donna Pena [CD New] USD $16.96 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes - Roundabout (The Best of Yes Live, CD 2003) USD $1.24 [0 bids]
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic) USD $5.39 Buy It Now 6 days
I Say Yes/Digo Si: The Best Of Donna Pena - Donna Pena (2010, CD New) USD $25.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
YES Best of - Collection DK & MOON rec. Import - UKR CD * JON ANDERSON USD $26.90 Buy It Now 6 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (Audio CD - 1993) IMPORT NEW USD $6.97 Buy It Now 6 days
YES - The Best of Yes: 1970-1987 - Japan CD - WPCR-15326 USD $47.23 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best Of (NEW CD) USD $8.73 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes-Yes - The Very Best Of CD NEW USD $18.61 Buy It Now 7 days
SNOW PATROL UP TO NOW BEST OF 2CD CHOCOLATE CHASING CARS RUN GAMES JUST SAY YES USD $5.31 Buy It Now 7 days
YES - Ultimate Yes (35th Anniversary Collection) - 2xCD Album *Best Of**Hits* USD $4.05 Buy It Now 7 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Wonderous Stories: The Best of Yes by Yes. USD $8.79 Buy It Now 7 days
YES - The Very Best Of - Highlights - CD USD $3.45 Buy It Now 8 days
YES THE BEST OF YES CD RARE COLLECTIBLE MADE IN CHILE USD $20.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label))   Minty USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes - Roundabout (Best of Live/Live Recording, 2003) USD $4.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes Cd Highlights - The Very Best of Yes 1993 Atlantic USD $8.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Best of Yes New CD USD $9.29 Buy It Now 8 days
The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know My Way New CD USD $15.63 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors David Bowie Yes UNCUT Magazine Sept 2011 w/ Best of 2011 CD Like New USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Yes: The Very Best of Yes New DVD USD $18.60 Buy It Now 9 days
Yes - Highlights (The Very Best of , 1993) USD $1.24 Buy It Now 9 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.24 Buy It Now 9 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes 1980 by YES USD $3.98 Buy It Now 9 days
YES--Highlights--The Very Best Of Yes--CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $3.75 Buy It Now 9 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes New CD USD $9.66 Buy It Now 10 days
Baccara - Best Of - CD NEW & SEALED Yes Sir I Can Boogie USD $6.23 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes - The Best Of Yes (1970-1987) - Yes CD E1VG USD $6.47 Buy It Now 10 days
Very Best Of Jethro Tull [2001 Chrysalis CD] Moody Blues, Yes, Genesis, Traffic USD $3.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Wonderous Stories: The Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Jan-2014, 2 Discs, Music Club... USD $5.41 Buy It Now 10 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes CD Sep-1993, Atlantic USD $5.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $1.49 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes WONDEROUS STORIES Best Of 20 Songs ESSENTIAL COLLECTION New Sealed 2 CD USD $8.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Yes - Highlights - the Very Best of Yes USD $7.97 Buy It Now 11 days
YES-Topography-The Anthology 2 X CD (Best of Live-Studio & Solo)**NR MINT CD'S** USD $6.23 Buy It Now 11 days
Yes - Wonderous Stories: The Best of Yes USD $14.82 Buy It Now 11 days
( 2 ) YES Cassettes HIGHLIGHTS THE VERY BEST OF YES & UNION - Tested Play Great USD $9.98 Buy It Now 11 days
WONDEROUS STORIES: THE BEST OF YES [USED CD] USD $5.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Yes - Highlights (The Very Best of Yes) (CD 1993) USD $6.23 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes - Highlight The Very Best Of Yes / TH Cassette USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
the best of yes - 1970-1987 USD $5.61 Buy It Now 12 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (Rpkg) (Audio CD) USD $12.91 Buy It Now 13 days
YES In a Word 5-DISC CD BOX SET Anthology Best of PROG ROCK Jon Anderson Wakeman USD $49.95 Buy It Now 13 days
33 RPM LP Record The Best Of Tommy Dorsey Yes Indeed RCA Victor LSP-3674 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Yes I'm Ready-Best Of - Barbara Mason Compact Disc USD $19.01 Buy It Now 13 days
Yes - The Best Of Yes 1970-1987 JAPAN CD 1999 (AMCY-6051) OBI OOP! USD $7.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Highlights: The Very Best Of Yes by Yes USD $2.99 Buy It Now 14 days
YES - The Very Best of Yes (CD 1993) USD $6.25 Buy It Now 14 days
The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) BMG# D120671 USD $10.40 Buy It Now 14 days
Yes - Best Of: 1970-1987 NEW CD USD $6.06 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"
Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"